Generations Power of the Primes Rumour: Exclusive Beast Wars Subline

Generations Power of the Primes Rumour: Exclusive Beast Wars Subline

Friday, June 30th, 2017 2:17pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Rumors
Posted by: Sigma Magnus   Views: 40,292

Thanks to Autovolt on Twitter, we've been alerted to a post on 4chan that supposedly reveals some previously unknown information about the upcoming Power of the Primes line! Take it with a grain of salt, however - this is in no way a confirmation. The post itself is below, as well as a transcript in case it's too small to read. Check it out, and let us know your thoughts in the Energon Pub!

Transformers News: Generations Power of the Primes Rumour: Exclusive Beast Wars Subline

There's a Beast Wars subline to Power of the Primes next year. I work at Amazon and this will be a shared online exclusive. Us and BBTS.

No original molds, but we will get the Takara Blackarachnia mold in the US from it. Eight Deluxe and two Voyagers, Primal and Megatron. Primal is a retool of the PotP Apeface. Megatron is a retool of PotP Snapdragon. They won't have Titan Masters, so don't worry.

(The PotP Grimlock is Leader sized, so it was never a consideration to be retooled as Megatron.)

Re: Generations Power of the Primes Rumour: Exclusive Beast Wars Subline (1893463)
Posted by Hydrargyrus on June 30th, 2017 @ 2:39pm CDT
Makes enough sense to be possible.

The real question is, will said PotP Apeface and Snapdragon have Titan Masters? I'm thinking... yes? Given the nature of the stating of being a retool, then clarifying about the lack of Titan Masters.
Re: Generations Power of the Primes Rumour: Exclusive Beast Wars Subline (1893464)
Posted by Sigma Magnus on June 30th, 2017 @ 2:42pm CDT
Before anyone else asks, yes, the general assumption is that Apeface and Snapdragon will have Titan Masters, and Primal and Megs will be retooled to have normal heads.
Re: Generations Power of the Primes Rumour: Exclusive Beast Wars Subline (1893465)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on June 30th, 2017 @ 2:42pm CDT
MagicDeath wrote:Makes enough sense to be possible.

Maybe they just are already designed to have spaces where heads can remain attached in alt-modes or retool them to have spaces like how some folks have cut into Blurr's shield so he can have his head attached in vehicle mode and forget that toy he's a headmaster.

I'm pretty much done with Titans... and with G1 updates (it's beyond boring now) unless Hasbro/Takara finally gives me the characters I want at the scale I want but that's unlikely. No interest in Beast Wars either. Never liked the show or it's toyline.
Re: Generations Power of the Primes Rumour: Exclusive Beast Wars Subline (1893466)
Posted by Silverwing on June 30th, 2017 @ 2:45pm CDT
Oh, please let this be real! I need more beast wars stuff!
Re: Generations Power of the Primes Rumour: Exclusive Beast Wars Subline (1893467)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on June 30th, 2017 @ 2:48pm CDT
I wonder if that Blackarachnia will be assembled correctly this time.
Re: Generations Power of the Primes Rumour: Exclusive Beast Wars Subline (1893468)
Posted by Rysquad on June 30th, 2017 @ 2:51pm CDT
I hope there's an Optimal Optimus.

Any chance of SDCC reveals or is there still too much Titans Returns in the pipeline?
Re: Generations Power of the Primes Rumour: Exclusive Beast Wars Subline (1893469)
Posted by Bumblebee21 on June 30th, 2017 @ 2:55pm CDT
More beast wars :(
Re: Generations Power of the Primes Rumour: Exclusive Beast Wars Subline (1893471)
Posted by Graviton on June 30th, 2017 @ 2:59pm CDT
I believe that it has been confirmed that the first wave of PotP will be revealed at Hascon. Also LEADER Grimlock, has anybody else wanted him in this size class?
Re: Generations Power of the Primes Rumour: Exclusive Beast Wars Subline (1893472)
Posted by Emerje on June 30th, 2017 @ 3:02pm CDT
Interesting. I wonder how far they'd be willing to go with choosing molds? Would they be willing to repaint Universe Dinobot into BW Grimlock? Or even do a more show accurate repaint of that mold? Doing Optimus and Megatron as Voyagers probably means we can rule out a Hasbro version of Convobat and Megalligator. I can't really think of any other practical uses for the Headmaster animal molds.

I really hope Primal is in Optimal Optimus colors since we should be getting a normal Primal in PotP already. For that matter I hope Megatron is in his dragon colors, though he's going to need wings.

Emerje
Re: Generations Power of the Primes Rumour: Exclusive Beast Wars Subline (1893473)
Posted by SG Roadbuster on June 30th, 2017 @ 3:09pm CDT
Rysquad wrote:I hope there's an Optimal Optimus.

I'd be so very down for a Leader class Optimal Optimus. maybe have a face swap gimmick ala t30 blitzwing, so the figure can also double up as Optimal Megatron from the Beast Machines finale.

pretty sure there is only 1 more wave of TR along with the Intelligence and Fireblast boxsets.

8 deluxe and 2 voyagers.
Primal and Megatron would most likely be the 2 voyagers
8 deluxe, 4 maximals 4 predacons?
Cheetor, Tigatron, Airazor, Silverbolt
Terrorsaur, Tarantulas, Blackarachnia, Scorponok

Cheetor and Tigatron could share a single new mold with some creative retooling done to the beast mode proportions
Blackarachnia would just be a us release of the Takara Legends toy
Scorponok as a retool of the RID warrior?

part of me cant help but pine for a potential us release of Beast Wars Metals Jaguar X-9
Re: Generations Power of the Primes Rumour: Exclusive Beast Wars Subline (1893475)
Posted by Mr.MicroMaster on June 30th, 2017 @ 3:14pm CDT
Holy Celestial spires excuse my language but this sounds of the chain a Beast Wars box set and on another note Grimlock is a leader does that mean the other Dinobots will be voyagers that would be awesome,and proper Apeface and a Snapdragon. :MAXIMAL: :PREDACON:
Re: Generations Power of the Primes Rumour: Exclusive Beast Wars Subline (1893476)
Posted by SureShot18 on June 30th, 2017 @ 3:16pm CDT
Yeeeeeessssssss...I hope there is a decent amount of retooling done if this is true. More Beast Wars love please.
Re: Generations Power of the Primes Rumour: Exclusive Beast Wars Subline (1893488)
Posted by Dagon on June 30th, 2017 @ 4:03pm CDT
As cool as it could be to get a new Primal and BW Megatron, the best news here is the upcoming Apeface and Snapdragon. I've been really tempted by the KFC ones, but I'll wait and see what these wind up looking like. Given what we've got from Titans Return, I imagine they're going to be pretty G1ish, which I think also bodes well for any new Beast Wars toys.
Re: Generations Power of the Primes Rumour: Exclusive Beast Wars Subline (1893489)
Posted by Randomhero on June 30th, 2017 @ 4:11pm CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote:
MagicDeath wrote:Makes enough sense to be possible.

That is the saddest and honestly most pathetic thing I've heard. Cutting up a toy just because they can't handle blurr being a headmaster. That's really depressing.
Re: Generations Power of the Primes Rumour: Exclusive Beast Wars Subline (1893492)
Posted by Manterax Prime on June 30th, 2017 @ 4:18pm CDT
Our brand new Optimus Primal figure is going to be a remold?

I think that is enough to call "fake".
Re: Generations Power of the Primes Rumour: Exclusive Beast Wars Subline (1893493)
Posted by Deadput on June 30th, 2017 @ 4:19pm CDT
Just in time for the Beast Wars 20'th year anniversary amirite eh?
Re: Generations Power of the Primes Rumour: Exclusive Beast Wars Subline (1893495)
Posted by Deadput on June 30th, 2017 @ 4:22pm CDT
Manterax Prime wrote:Our brand new Optimus Primal figure is going to be a remold?

I think that is enough to call "fake".

It's a remold of another ape figure it makes sense and whoever said the toy would be brand new?

Plus what if it's the other way around where Apeface is the remold like we all know how much Hasbro likes to reuse figures to get their moneys worth off the molds.

Likely real then.
Re: Generations Power of the Primes Rumour: Exclusive Beast Wars Subline (1893508)
Posted by Rated X on June 30th, 2017 @ 5:22pm CDT
Randomhero wrote:
Carnivius_Prime wrote:
MagicDeath wrote:Makes enough sense to be possible.

I think thats an awesome idea! Maybe it will inspire belzeboss or some other 3rd party to make a shield/head upgrade set to make blurr right. Any ideas for Hot Rod or Kup?
Re: Generations Power of the Primes Rumour: Exclusive Beast Wars Subline (1893509)
Posted by Kurona on June 30th, 2017 @ 5:22pm CDT
Kinda surprised we're getting Beast Wars at all -- the current design team seems to not know what something is unless it's in some way related to a G1 toy.
Re: Generations Power of the Primes Rumour: Exclusive Beast Wars Subline (1893510)
Posted by gothsaurus on June 30th, 2017 @ 5:26pm CDT
I'd love to see a giant combiner Dinobot set... and a giant combiner Predaking set at same scale... plus the remaining missing beast combiners like abominus, dinoking, seacon-guy... etc. Could be a great third 'season' of beast... with beast wars subline to boot.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Bumblebee Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "transformers combiner wars blackjack" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Takara Legends LG-30 Weirdwolf" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Universe 2.0 BLADES Generations Classics Voyager Class blades Parts" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS BOT SHOTS JUMP SHOT BUMBLEBEE, Bot Shots 2013" on EBAY
Buy "????Transformers Generations Deluxe Thrilling 30 Autobot Skids w/ IDW comic MOSC????" on EBAY
Buy "Perceptor Transformers Super 7 reaction figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 3 Dark of The Moon Movie Cyberverse Legion Class Topspin Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2014 DECEPTICON THUNDERCRACKER FIGURE Loose Combiner Wars Legends" on EBAY