Generations Selects G2 Megatron Photogallery and English Video Review

Transformers News: Generations Selects G2 Megatron Photogallery and English Video Review

Thursday, February 21st, 2019 7:26AM CST

Categories: Toy News, Reviews
Posted by: Amelie   Views: 19,255

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

We have a double whammy of Generations Selects G2 Megatron this time, folks! Seibertron member Megatronus has supplied us with an extensive selection of comparison photos of G2 Megatron alongside his Seige deco whilst Seibertron member Lore Keeper has finally given us an in depth English language review video. Megatronus' images are below and we have mirroed Lore Keeper's video which can also be viewed on their Youtube channel, TF Collector.

Transformers News: Generations Selects G2 Megatron Photogallery and English Video Review

Transformers News: Generations Selects G2 Megatron Photogallery and English Video Review

Transformers News: Generations Selects G2 Megatron Photogallery and English Video Review

Transformers News: Generations Selects G2 Megatron Photogallery and English Video Review

Transformers News: Generations Selects G2 Megatron Photogallery and English Video Review

Transformers News: Generations Selects G2 Megatron Photogallery and English Video Review

Transformers News: Generations Selects G2 Megatron Photogallery and English Video Review

Transformers News: Generations Selects G2 Megatron Photogallery and English Video Review

Transformers News: Generations Selects G2 Megatron Photogallery and English Video Review

Transformers News: Generations Selects G2 Megatron Photogallery and English Video Review

Transformers News: Generations Selects G2 Megatron Photogallery and English Video Review

Transformers News: Generations Selects G2 Megatron Photogallery and English Video Review

Transformers News: Generations Selects G2 Megatron Photogallery and English Video Review

Transformers News: Generations Selects G2 Megatron Photogallery and English Video Review



If you were on the fence before about this figure, have the new shots and review finally tipped you one way or the other? Or is that 90s retro deco simply too much to overcome? Let us know on the Energon Pub right here on Seibertron.com!
Credit(s): Megatronus, TF Collector
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Generations Selects G2 Megatron Photogallery and English Video Review (2011770)
Posted by carytheone on February 21st, 2019 @ 8:09am CST
Image
Image
Re: Generations Selects G2 Megatron Photogallery and English Video Review (2011771)
Posted by Z3ROhour on February 21st, 2019 @ 8:17am CST
Generations Selects G2 Megatron

no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no...
no, thank you!
:SICK:
Re: Generations Selects G2 Megatron Photogallery and English Video Review (2011772)
Posted by mentre83 on February 21st, 2019 @ 8:29am CST
As much as I appreciate the reference to the old toy, it's definitely ugly, and ultimately pointless. IMHO, at least.
Re: Generations Selects G2 Megatron Photogallery and English Video Review (2011773)
Posted by Lore Keeper on February 21st, 2019 @ 8:30am CST
Hey, it's me. Thank you for featuring the video, guys! :D
Re: Generations Selects G2 Megatron Photogallery and English Video Review (2011774)
Posted by blackeyedprime on February 21st, 2019 @ 8:42am CST
It might be ugly but it has already grown on me and my bizarre crave for G2 toys. Unfortunately the Alt mode is still awful so I'm not likely to ever pick it up it at a price I can justify for in my eyes a non transforming transformer :/
Re: Generations Selects G2 Megatron Photogallery and English Video Review (2011780)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 21st, 2019 @ 9:05am CST
With that Megatron, this old Optimus now finally has a counterpart to face:

Image
Re: Generations Selects G2 Megatron Photogallery and English Video Review (2011783)
Posted by ZeroWolf on February 21st, 2019 @ 9:16am CST
blackeyedprime wrote:It might be ugly but it has already grown on me and my bizarre crave for G2 toys. Unfortunately the Alt mode is still awful so I'm not likely to ever pick it up it at a price I can justify for in my eyes a non transforming transformer :/

What's wrong with the mold? Looks pretty good for a tank megs.
Re: Generations Selects G2 Megatron Photogallery and English Video Review (2011786)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on February 21st, 2019 @ 9:22am CST
ZeroWolf wrote:
blackeyedprime wrote:It might be ugly but it has already grown on me and my bizarre crave for G2 toys. Unfortunately the Alt mode is still awful so I'm not likely to ever pick it up it at a price I can justify for in my eyes a non transforming transformer :/

What's wrong with the mold? Looks pretty good for a tank megs.
I get what he's saying. The alt mode looks like Megatron squatted, raised his arms in the air, and then fell over face first. With some weapons parts forming, of course. I bought the figure for the robot mode, just like Prime.
Re: Generations Selects G2 Megatron Photogallery and English Video Review (2011790)
Posted by gothsaurus on February 21st, 2019 @ 9:53am CST
I have some hope that this SELECTS thing will be Hasbro's answer to the collector's club. While I will certainly miss the fiction, comics, convention, etc... I'm glad they are finding a way to crank out some real oddball figures and decos clearly aimed at older, long-standing fans.

For Hasbro's primary market — and for the main demographic of kids — I know they have to saturate with Bumblebee and Optimus and the most popular characters and decos. That doesn't leave much room for obscure characters and decos, G2 homage, Marvel and japanese characters, etc. (Or sometimes even finishing out the seeker trio. Ouch.)

Even if this Megatron doesn't exactly float your boat, it should sound an alarm that this is Hasbro's project for adults. I hope some people on the line can chip in to get the figure and make Selects a success so we can continue to get FAN-centric, ADULT-based figures.

Speak with your wallets. ;)
Re: Generations Selects G2 Megatron Photogallery and English Video Review (2011791)
Posted by carytheone on February 21st, 2019 @ 9:57am CST
gothsaurus wrote:Even if this Megatron doesn't exactly float your boat, it should sound an alarm that this is Hasbro's project for adults. I hope some people on the line can chip in to get the figure and make Selects a success so we can continue to get FAN-centric, ADULT-based figures.

Speak with your wallets. ;)
Yes and yes, I love what Hasbro is doing with the Selects line and by extension what Pulse if providing for collectors.
Re: Generations Selects G2 Megatron Photogallery and English Video Review (2011792)
Posted by Nathaniel Prime on February 21st, 2019 @ 9:58am CST
Rodimus Prime wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:
blackeyedprime wrote:It might be ugly but it has already grown on me and my bizarre crave for G2 toys. Unfortunately the Alt mode is still awful so I'm not likely to ever pick it up it at a price I can justify for in my eyes a non transforming transformer :/

What's wrong with the mold? Looks pretty good for a tank megs.
I get what he's saying. The alt mode looks like Megatron squatted, raised his arms in the air, and then fell over face first. With some weapons parts forming, of course. I bought the figure for the robot mode, just like Prime.


I guess that's bad that I really like his tank mode...

Ehh, I like Animated Shockwave's tank mode too, so...

The deco of Camo Meg is giving me a... strange thought process. I mean, I like the deco, but I wonder if I like it more than the Siege version :-?
Re: Generations Selects G2 Megatron Photogallery and English Video Review (2011794)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on February 21st, 2019 @ 10:02am CST
Nathaniel Prime wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:
blackeyedprime wrote:It might be ugly but it has already grown on me and my bizarre crave for G2 toys. Unfortunately the Alt mode is still awful so I'm not likely to ever pick it up it at a price I can justify for in my eyes a non transforming transformer :/

What's wrong with the mold? Looks pretty good for a tank megs.
I get what he's saying. The alt mode looks like Megatron squatted, raised his arms in the air, and then fell over face first. With some weapons parts forming, of course. I bought the figure for the robot mode, just like Prime.


I guess that's bad that I really like his tank mode...

Ehh, I like Animated Shockwave's tank mode too, so...

The deco of Camo Meg is giving me a... strange thought process. I mean, I like the deco, but I wonder if I like it more than the Siege version :-?


Think of it this way: how many pure grey/silver tank Megatrons have we had so far?
Re: Generations Selects G2 Megatron Photogallery and English Video Review (2011795)
Posted by Nathaniel Prime on February 21st, 2019 @ 10:08am CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Nathaniel Prime wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:
blackeyedprime wrote:It might be ugly but it has already grown on me and my bizarre crave for G2 toys. Unfortunately the Alt mode is still awful so I'm not likely to ever pick it up it at a price I can justify for in my eyes a non transforming transformer :/

What's wrong with the mold? Looks pretty good for a tank megs.
I get what he's saying. The alt mode looks like Megatron squatted, raised his arms in the air, and then fell over face first. With some weapons parts forming, of course. I bought the figure for the robot mode, just like Prime.


I guess that's bad that I really like his tank mode...

Ehh, I like Animated Shockwave's tank mode too, so...

The deco of Camo Meg is giving me a... strange thought process. I mean, I like the deco, but I wonder if I like it more than the Siege version :-?


Think of it this way: how many pure grey/silver tank Megatrons have we had so far?


Plenty :lol:

I guess I like the Siege one better, but this Camo one still looks great. Something about the green and black makes it pop ;)^
Re: Generations Selects G2 Megatron Photogallery and English Video Review (2011802)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 21st, 2019 @ 10:29am CST
Rodimus Prime wrote:I get what he's saying. The alt mode looks like Megatron squatted, raised his arms in the air, and then fell over face first.
Kinda like Armada Megatron. :P
Re: Generations Selects G2 Megatron Photogallery and English Video Review (2011805)
Posted by Lore Keeper on February 21st, 2019 @ 10:33am CST
Sabrblade wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:I get what he's saying. The alt mode looks like Megatron squatted, raised his arms in the air, and then fell over face first.
Kinda like Armada Megatron. :P

Oh yeah, it does work a lot like Armada Megs, doesn't it? Don't get any ideas, Hasbro! The last time they head swapped a G1 Megatron to make an Armada one, the result was hideous. It's the only Generations toy I don't have on the shelf because I hate it so much.
Re: Generations Selects G2 Megatron Photogallery and English Video Review (2011806)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 21st, 2019 @ 10:35am CST
Lore Keeper wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:I get what he's saying. The alt mode looks like Megatron squatted, raised his arms in the air, and then fell over face first.
Kinda like Armada Megatron. :P

Oh yeah, it does work a lot like Armada Megs, doesn't it? Don't get any ideas, Hasbro! The last time they head swapped a G1 Megatron to make an Armada one, the result was hideous. It's the only Generations toy I don't have on the shelf because I hate it so much.
Takara's looked nicer.
Re: Generations Selects G2 Megatron Photogallery and English Video Review (2011808)
Posted by william-james88 on February 21st, 2019 @ 10:37am CST
gothsaurus wrote:Even if this Megatron doesn't exactly float your boat, it should sound an alarm that this is Hasbro's project for adults. I hope some people on the line can chip in to get the figure and make Selects a success so we can continue to get FAN-centric, ADULT-based figures.

Speak with your wallets. ;)


I really hate reading stuff where the word adult is thrown around willy nilly. So are you saying that these toys can only be for people above 21?

What would make the toys so adult anyway? It's not like this megs converts into a dildo.
Re: Generations Selects G2 Megatron Photogallery and English Video Review (2011810)
Posted by Lore Keeper on February 21st, 2019 @ 10:37am CST
Sabrblade wrote:
Lore Keeper wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:I get what he's saying. The alt mode looks like Megatron squatted, raised his arms in the air, and then fell over face first.
Kinda like Armada Megatron. :P

Oh yeah, it does work a lot like Armada Megs, doesn't it? Don't get any ideas, Hasbro! The last time they head swapped a G1 Megatron to make an Armada one, the result was hideous. It's the only Generations toy I don't have on the shelf because I hate it so much.
Takara's looked nicer.

I can't get over the tiny head on either, especially when the original mode had a relatively large head. Make the whole thing look like a poorly conceived custom.
Re: Generations Selects G2 Megatron Photogallery and English Video Review (2011811)
Posted by blackeyedprime on February 21st, 2019 @ 10:38am CST
ZeroWolf wrote:
blackeyedprime wrote:It might be ugly but it has already grown on me and my bizarre crave for G2 toys. Unfortunately the Alt mode is still awful so I'm not likely to ever pick it up it at a price I can justify for in my eyes a non transforming transformer :/

What's wrong with the mold? Looks pretty good for a tank megs.


I really dont like tanks with out rotating turrets and other toys that have used a similar tank transformation (animated shockwave and Armada Megs) had a lot of other things going for them (multiple modes, rotating turrets, combining etc whilst being great tanks). I know real life tanks exist that dont have rotating turrets but for a toy tank/former its a must for me (since nmost of the 80's tank/robots had a rotating turret, a modern toy has no excuse to not have one) and the alt mode just looks very part here, part there rather than it's a tank look to me.
Re: Generations Selects G2 Megatron Photogallery and English Video Review (2011812)
Posted by Lore Keeper on February 21st, 2019 @ 10:38am CST
william-james88 wrote:
gothsaurus wrote:Even if this Megatron doesn't exactly float your boat, it should sound an alarm that this is Hasbro's project for adults. I hope some people on the line can chip in to get the figure and make Selects a success so we can continue to get FAN-centric, ADULT-based figures.

Speak with your wallets. ;)


I really hate reading stuff where the word adult is thrown around willy nilly. So are you saying that these toys can only be for people above 21?

What would make the toys so adult anyway? It's not like this megs converts into a dildo.

I take it you haven't seen the secret fan mode... ;)

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot First Aid Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Speed Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #234 - Hell in a Cel
Twincast / Podcast #234:
"Hell in a Cel"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, November 10th, 2019

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers G2 BUMBLEBEE Complete Generations Two Gold Minibot 1994" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon  Voyager Class Shockwave" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Gnaw Mace Mash Action Figure Power of the Spark Cyberverse Shark" on EBAY
Buy "MPM 7 CUSTOM BUMBLEBEE transformers masterpiece movie loose" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations NIGHTBEAT autobot NEW SEALED w IDW COMIC BOOK" on EBAY
Buy "SDCC 2019 HASBRO Transformers GhostBusters Ecto-35 Optimus Prime & Ectotron #4" on EBAY
Buy "SDCC 2019 HASBRO Transformers GhostBusters Ecto-35 Optimus Prime & Ectotron #3" on EBAY
Buy "SDCC 2019 HASBRO Transformers GhostBusters Ecto-35 Optimus Prime & Ectotron #2" on EBAY