Geoff Senior returns to TF comics in Titan's UK exclusive Transformers #1

Geoff Senior returns to TF comics in Titan's UK exclusive Transformers #1

Thursday, May 24th, 2007 9:21am CDT

Categories: Comic Book News, People News
Posted by: Seibertron   Views: 17,253

Titan Books has sent us a preview page of their upcoming Transformers comic book. Many fans will be pleased to see Geoff Senior returning to the Transformers since his absence after Marvel Comics' Generation 2 series during the 1990s. Here's the first page of pencils of the first original strip from the first issue of the new Transformers UK comic. This book will be on sale in the UK from Titan on July 19th, 2007. Please visit www.titanmagazines.co.uk/transformers for more information.

If you missed the news about the cover of this book yesterday, please click here to view yesterday's news item about this book from Titan. More news to follow ...

You can click on the image below to view a full size version of the image ...

Geoff Senior returns!!!

Credit(s): Titan Books

Re: Geoff Senior returns to TF comics in Titan's UK exclusive Transformers #1 (134195)
Posted by Denyer on May 24th, 2007 @ 9:26am CDT
Here's summat else to go with it...

Sounding great... really excited, having seen the art. :)
Re: Geoff Senior returns to TF comics in Titan's UK exclusive Transformers #1 (134201)
Posted by Leonardo on May 24th, 2007 @ 9:31am CDT
I'm excited too!
Re: Geoff Senior returns to TF comics in Titan's UK exclusive Transformers #1 (134206)
Posted by Dys on May 24th, 2007 @ 9:37am CDT
I'm not a fan of the movie designs, but I can't help myself, I'll have to buy this... Senior's art can make anything look good.
Re: Geoff Senior returns to TF comics in Titan's UK exclusive Transformers #1 (134218)
Posted by Mxprime on May 24th, 2007 @ 9:51am CDT
I'm really excited about this news, Geoff senior's one of my favourite artist, I loved the work he did in the G2 comics, seems his style is still intact which is brilliant ^^
Re: Geoff Senior returns to TF comics in Titan's UK exclusive Transformers #1 (134246)
Posted by Hans on May 24th, 2007 @ 10:22am CDT
The man has still got it. Pity he has such crappy movie-designs to work with....

This is not his first TF comicwork since G2 though. He did several covers for Titan's reprints of old Marvel UK material, as well as a cover or two for the Panini UK Armada comic from a few years back.

Geoff mostly works in advertising these days, so appartently he has to find time for these things in-between his "normal" job :)
Re: Geoff Senior returns to TF comics in Titan's UK exclusive Transformers #1 (134265)
Posted by Denyer on May 24th, 2007 @ 10:45am CDT
It's his first interior strip work, though, AFAIK.

BTW, the subscribe link on Titan's site doesn't seem to work yet -- they're looking into it. I think it might be that ExpressMag have some database problems right now. Currently shows '24' rather than Transformers.
Re: Geoff Senior returns to TF comics in Titan's UK exclusive Transformers #1 (134270)
Posted by Talon523 on May 24th, 2007 @ 10:51am CDT
Not a fan.
Re: Geoff Senior returns to TF comics in Titan's UK exclusive Transformers #1 (134277)
Posted by Roboto750 on May 24th, 2007 @ 11:00am CDT
Talon523 wrote:Not a fan.

Agreed. I like his style, but that preview pic leaves a lot to be desired.
Re: Geoff Senior returns to TF comics in Titan's UK exclusive Transformers #1 (134319)
Posted by City Commander on May 24th, 2007 @ 11:23am CDT
Lookin' gooooooooood
Re: Geoff Senior returns to TF comics in Titan's UK exclusive Transformers #1 (134320)
Posted by Denyer on May 24th, 2007 @ 11:24am CDT
Um, not-so-good news:
The problem should have been resolved. Clear your cache like I did and it
works!

Sadly, no, it will most definitely not be available in the USA. But I'm sure
ebay will help.

...but I'm sure people on boards will do their best to set up supply chains. I'd offer, but I'm doing reservations myself (will be out of the country for a few months soon-ish.)
Re: Geoff Senior returns to TF comics in Titan's UK exclusive Transformers #1 (134339)
Posted by Calvatron on May 24th, 2007 @ 11:50am CDT
Denyer wrote:Um, not-so-good news:
The problem should have been resolved. Clear your cache like I did and it
works!

Sadly, no, it will most definitely not be available in the USA. But I'm sure
ebay will help.

NNNNNOOOOOOOOooooo! Was so hoping that this would be easy. Oh well, guess I'll just have to open up an account to start a comic fund. :-?
Re: Geoff Senior returns to TF comics in Titan's UK exclusive Transformers #1 (134345)
Posted by Hans on May 24th, 2007 @ 11:54am CDT
Denyer wrote:It's his first interior strip work, though, AFAIK

Depends whether you count Allignment (or whatever the Transforce exclusive book was called) :)
Re: Geoff Senior returns to TF comics in Titan's UK exclusive Transformers #1 (134377)
Posted by Denyer on May 24th, 2007 @ 12:09pm CDT
Nah, illustrated rather than sequentials. Good stuff though.

(Alignment is available online here if anyone's wondering what we're talking about. There's a neat Megatron / Decepticons shot on page 26, as an example to check out.)
Re: Geoff Senior returns to TF comics in Titan's UK exclusive Transformers #1 (134397)
Posted by Skullgrin140 on May 24th, 2007 @ 12:20pm CDT
Yay! Geoff Senior is back ^_^ I missed his artwork
Re: Geoff Senior returns to TF comics in Titan's UK exclusive Transformers #1 (134400)
Posted by Anonymous on May 24th, 2007 @ 12:20pm CDT
Calvatron wrote:
Denyer wrote:Um, not-so-good news:
The problem should have been resolved. Clear your cache like I did and it
works!

Sadly, no, it will most definitely not be available in the USA. But I'm sure
ebay will help.

I love Senior's work but unfortunately it's on the Bayformers shite so I won't be buying it.
Re: Geoff Senior returns to TF comics in Titan's UK exclusive Transformers #1 (134436)
Posted by Denyer on May 24th, 2007 @ 1:01pm CDT
Dick wrote:Try e-mailing Steve at http://www.oneshallstand.com, he'll be able to sort something out for you guys.

Yeah, that's a thought -- it's not through Diamond, but I imagine he'll try to get it in anyway for domestic customers, so it's a good bet for international as well.

I'll drop him a line, see what info we can round up...
Re: Geoff Senior returns to TF comics in Titan's UK exclusive Transformers #1 (134450)
Posted by Stormwolf on May 24th, 2007 @ 1:11pm CDT
Damm, I'm overcome with nostalgia :)
Re: Geoff Senior returns to TF comics in Titan's UK exclusive Transformers #1 (134560)
Posted by Big Grim on May 24th, 2007 @ 2:20pm CDT
Glad to see Senior back. Man is a friggin' Legend in my eyes! His work on G1 TF was amazing. He created the look of Death's Head fer chrissakes! I still cherish the signed print of DH I got from the man himself at AA a couple of years ago.
Re: Geoff Senior returns to TF comics in Titan's UK exclusive Transformers #1 (134871)
Posted by Sentinel Maximus on May 24th, 2007 @ 5:56pm CDT
I uses to hate his style. I like it more now. Not as good as Don Fig or Andrew Wildman, but good.
Re: Geoff Senior returns to TF comics in Titan's UK exclusive Transformers #1 (134927)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on May 24th, 2007 @ 6:54pm CDT
I can respect his career, but truth be told, I never liked his style in the TF continuity.

These pictures nurture that thought.

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "POO SHAM; Transformers BotBots 2018, Toilet Troop" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Earthrise Trailbreaker Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots: Meet High Tide [Passport to Reading]" on EBAY
Buy "Unopened Hasbro 1992 Transformers Generation 2 Decepticon Swindle" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Brushfire" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Fall Of Cybertron Sideswipe Deluxe Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers TAKARA TOMY GENERATIONS DECEPTICON OUTCAST MAGNIFICUS From JP TGHB" on EBAY
Buy "2012 Transformers Generations Grimlock Fall of Cybertron" on EBAY