Transformers News: GI Joe and the Autobots battle Cobra and the Decepticons in Transformers Earth Wars game

Thursday, October 17th, 2019 12:51PM CDT

Categories: Game News, Digital Media News
Posted by: Seibertron   Views: 18,124

Our friends at Space Ape Games just sent us a message to let us know some extremely exciting news for fans of the Transformers and GI Joe franchise. The Joe characters are teaming up with our favorite Cybertronians in their battles in the Transformers Earth WarsTransformers Earth Wars mobile gaming app[/url]. Cobra teams up with the evil Decepticons to battle GI Joe and the heroic Autobots ... an alliance many Transformers and GI Joe fans alike love to see happen. Check out the information below from Space Ape games along with the launch trailer for GI Joe's debut in Transformers Earth Wars.

Knowing is Half the Battle.

Flesh and metal collide as a group of elite fighters armed with state-of-the-art technology merge with the world of Autobots and Decepticons.

The G.I. Joe franchise is making its debut in Transformers: Earth Wars. Players will get the chance to unlock Joe team vehicle versions of Autobots Hound and Jetfire, and Cobra versions of Decepticons Soundwave and Skywarp. A pair of the new characters are scheduled to be released the week of October 21st.

Accompanying the new Bots in the Showroom and in-game Dialogue, will be appearances by G.I. Joe characters Duke, Scarlett and Snake Eyes as well as Cobra Commander, Baroness and Storm Shadow from Cobra.

The new characters will not only make a stunning visual addition, but fans will also get to enjoy some of their favorite G.I. Joe tracks, as the new release is bolstered by the original G.I. Joe Soundtrack.

Now you know.

Here are some screen captures featuring some of the awesome scenes from the trailer.

Credit(s): Space Ape Games

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: GI Joe and the Autobots battle Cobra and the Decepticons in Transformers Earth Wars game (2042178)
Posted by Decepticon Stryker on October 17th, 2019 @ 1:29pm CDT
We are now one step closer to having an actual cartoon crossover.
Re: GI Joe and the Autobots battle Cobra and the Decepticons in Transformers Earth Wars game (2042183)
Posted by First-Aid on October 17th, 2019 @ 2:55pm CDT
Did anyone else catch the homage to the GI Joe movie theme when the gang from Cobra were on the screen?

Also, did anyone else get goosebumps when the GI Joe trumpet fanfare played?

I so totally geekgasmed at this....
Re: GI Joe and the Autobots battle Cobra and the Decepticons in Transformers Earth Wars game (2042186)
Posted by Burn on October 17th, 2019 @ 4:12pm CDT
Re: GI Joe and the Autobots battle Cobra and the Decepticons in Transformers Earth Wars game (2042189)
Posted by Dr. Caelus on October 17th, 2019 @ 4:27pm CDT
The kaiju sfx for Cutthroat were an epic touch.
Re: GI Joe and the Autobots battle Cobra and the Decepticons in Transformers Earth Wars game (2042204)
Posted by Decepticon Stryker on October 17th, 2019 @ 5:19pm CDT
Burn wrote:I feel sorry for any G.I. Joe fan that gets sucked into this money pit of a game because of this.

Eh, I managed to do okay without spending a penny.
Re: GI Joe and the Autobots battle Cobra and the Decepticons in Transformers Earth Wars game (2042206)
Posted by Dr. Caelus on October 17th, 2019 @ 5:40pm CDT
Decepticon Stryker wrote:

Eh, I managed to do okay without spending a penny.

Same here; my HQ level is maxed out, I have a shield generator, and a complete 3-star Devastator. Have yet to spend any money.
Re: GI Joe and the Autobots battle Cobra and the Decepticons in Transformers Earth Wars game (2042207)
Posted by primalxconvoy on October 17th, 2019 @ 5:52pm CDT

- https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=R9-Sa21Inhw&t=323s

For those unfamiliar with Jim Sterling:

- https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Sterling
Re: GI Joe and the Autobots battle Cobra and the Decepticons in Transformers Earth Wars game (2042208)
Posted by Burn on October 17th, 2019 @ 6:24pm CDT
Dr. Caelus wrote:
Decepticon Stryker wrote:

Eh, I managed to do okay without spending a penny.

Unfortunately I ended up in an Alliance where the only way to meet their expectations was to drop money now and then.

And then it reached a point where I was still not doing enough and that's when I left the game.

Money aside, it just became too time consuming.
Re: GI Joe and the Autobots battle Cobra and the Decepticons in Transformers Earth Wars game (2042215)
Posted by Stargrave on October 17th, 2019 @ 8:08pm CDT
I’ll admit it I plopped maybe $10 at the beginning it was fun to do I don’t regret it. At my age with all I’ve got going on it’s like the only game I can play regularly. It’s like my electronic Transformers collection on the go :-D

I’m late to everything so I’ve only been playing a year. It’s not too stale yet and fun to try to save up for 3 stars. I hope this is a cool change for people to keep current players interested and bring back people who got burnt out on it.

My first few teams were full of people who never ever played now I’m just sitting on team Seibertron keeping the alliance posted of fun events and freebies. ;)^
Re: GI Joe and the Autobots battle Cobra and the Decepticons in Transformers Earth Wars game (2042216)
Posted by Deadput on October 17th, 2019 @ 8:13pm CDT
primalxconvoy wrote:Recently, veteran gaming journalist and outspoken critic, Jim Sterling, released this video about Earthwars:

- https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=R9-Sa21Inhw&t=323s

For those unfamiliar with Jim Sterling:

- https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Sterling

I mean what is anyone going to do about this?

If someone wants to bankrupt themselves over a single game their gonna end up doing that one way or another.

Companies will always exist and attempt to get the biggest amount of money possible with the littlest effort and passion possible, as it is every year you need to make more money then the year before or be a failure, you can't make as much money as you were before.

Earth War's and Forged to Fight might end up shutting down some day when they stop being profitable, but afterwards the next game will pop up like it's happened to the previous mobile games.
Re: GI Joe and the Autobots battle Cobra and the Decepticons in Transformers Earth Wars game (2042231)
Posted by serre prime on October 18th, 2019 @ 12:57am CDT
this game keeps getting better.
my favorite mobile game.
Re: GI Joe and the Autobots battle Cobra and the Decepticons in Transformers Earth Wars game (2042233)
Posted by Stargrave on October 18th, 2019 @ 1:09am CDT
You know that guy is the kinda guy who got five Unicrons. Y’know, just cuz he felt like it.
Re: GI Joe and the Autobots battle Cobra and the Decepticons in Transformers Earth Wars game (2042234)
Posted by primalxconvoy on October 18th, 2019 @ 1:13am CDT
Re: GI Joe and the Autobots battle Cobra and the Decepticons in Transformers Earth Wars game (2042238)
Posted by Deadput on October 18th, 2019 @ 3:08am CDT
primalxconvoy wrote:Even though I wasn't for buying one Unicron, at least 6 of them would be better than virtual TFs.

If it was for a video game who's servers might not actually be eventually shut down and if it was a better game like some of the console TF games then I would argue otherwise.

But since it is for a mobile game that eventually will have it's severs shut down then yeah it kinda is a waste of money.
Re: GI Joe and the Autobots battle Cobra and the Decepticons in Transformers Earth Wars game (2042240)
Posted by primalxconvoy on October 18th, 2019 @ 3:35am CDT
Even console and pc games get closed down.
Re: GI Joe and the Autobots battle Cobra and the Decepticons in Transformers Earth Wars game (2042283)
Posted by Burn on October 18th, 2019 @ 5:12pm CDT
primalxconvoy wrote:Even console and pc games get closed down.

If they're server dependant.

There's still thousands of games out there that are stand alone and don't rely on other people to make it fun for you.
Re: GI Joe and the Autobots battle Cobra and the Decepticons in Transformers Earth Wars game (2042284)
Posted by primalxconvoy on October 18th, 2019 @ 5:23pm CDT
Burn wrote:
primalxconvoy wrote:Even console and pc games get closed down.

If they're server dependant.

That's true, but even some of those are digital downloads. It's a bit of a stretch, but remember that really cool Silent Hill demo on (PS4?) that got taken down? Something about Hideo Kojima leaving the project/Konami, so they pulled it. There was a time when PS4s with that demo on it were selling for silly money.

Another example is the amazing (full voice acting by the original cartoons' cast and music remade by the original theme tune musician, etc) remaster of "Duck Tales" by (Konami?). They lost the licence to sell it and it's getting pulled from all digital shops.
Re: GI Joe and the Autobots battle Cobra and the Decepticons in Transformers Earth Wars game (2042290)
Posted by primalxconvoy on October 18th, 2019 @ 6:17pm CDT
This is apparently trending, as it's possibly the largest amount of money ever spent on IAPs/microtransactions:

- https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-9uFmjUE-NI

(Skip to around 3:09 for this story).

I'm surprised that neither Seibertron, not TFW2005 have covered this. I've submitted the original video to both sites, too. This is pretty big news in the world of (mobile) videogames.
Re: GI Joe and the Autobots battle Cobra and the Decepticons in Transformers Earth Wars game (2042296)
Posted by Burn on October 18th, 2019 @ 6:32pm CDT
Some person spending their life savings on a video game isn't really news.
Re: GI Joe and the Autobots battle Cobra and the Decepticons in Transformers Earth Wars game (2042300)
Posted by Stargrave on October 18th, 2019 @ 7:59pm CDT
Jim’s an interesting guy. I respect everyone’s opinion but he calls it a shirt game in the first minute and a half. Only I don’t mean shirt. I try to be impartial in regards to news and respect his opinion but I’m a fan first and, this is just me, don’t feel like writing an article about a guy trashing something I like. It’s fine to talk about it here though it’s interesting.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #234 - Hell in a Cel
"Hell in a Cel"
Posted: Sunday, November 10th, 2019

Buy "2010 Hasbro Transformers Battle Ops Bumblebee" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Aerialbot Alpha Bravo Loose Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Buzzsaw Loose 100% Complete" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS LEGENDS LG-07 JETFIRE AUTOBOT ROBOT ACTION FIGURES TOY" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Voyager Battle Core Optimus Prime Optimus Maximus" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends Series - LG22 Skullcruncher / Skull - Headmasters Takara" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends LG21 Hardhead JP us seller" on EBAY
Buy "NEW 2010 HASBRO TRANSFORMERS VOYAGER CLASS DECEPTICON BANZAITRON LEVEL 4" on EBAY