G.I. JOE: First Strike #1 iTunes Preview

G.I. JOE: First Strike #1 iTunes Preview

Thursday, September 7th, 2017 3:56am CDT

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: Bounti76   Views: 11,510

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Also coming to us via notice from Seibertronian Soundwave902 is the preview for G.I. Joe's First Strike one-shot. Available on September 30th, please find the images mirrored below, and let us know if you'll be picking up this issue!

As Scarlett heads off to Cybertron to confront the events of First Strike, her G.I. Joe team on Earth faces an unusual enemy… V.E.N.O.M.! With the help of a former M.A.S.K. member, G.I. Joe looks to put an end to Miles Mayhem’s sinister group once and for all, in the Greatest Crossover One-Shot Of All Time


Transformers News: G.I. JOE: First Strike #1 iTunes Preview

Transformers News: G.I. JOE: First Strike #1 iTunes Preview

Transformers News: G.I. JOE: First Strike #1 iTunes Preview

Credit(s): iTunes


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: G.I. JOE: First Strike #1 iTunes Preview (1909031)
Posted by Big Grim on September 7th, 2017 @ 7:05am CDT
Has it been adequately explained why the hell Venom has the Rhino Rig? That's a MASK vehicle, operated by Bruce Sato. I assume the goon with the cyborg head is Cliff Dagger, who ought to be operating the Jack Hammer.

Confusion.
Re: G.I. JOE: First Strike #1 iTunes Preview (1909082)
Posted by ScottyP on September 7th, 2017 @ 12:05pm CDT
Big Grim wrote:Has it been adequately explained why the hell Venom has the Rhino Rig? That's a MASK vehicle, operated by Bruce Sato. I assume the goon with the cyborg head is Cliff Dagger, who ought to be operating the Jack Hammer.

Confusion.
In this continuity, Miles Mayhem had all of the vehicles built based on Cybertronian tech derived from Blitzwing. The Rhino was given to Bruno Sheppard, who has the half metal face in the pages above. Sheppard has beef with Matt Trakker because Trakker focused on a mission instead of saving him from the fire that messed up his face.

Cliff Dagger was introduced in the MASK Annual and does have the Jackhammer, but he hasn't been used in several months.
Re: G.I. JOE: First Strike #1 iTunes Preview (1909111)
Posted by Daniel Adkins on September 7th, 2017 @ 3:09pm CDT
ScottyP wrote:
Big Grim wrote:Has it been adequately explained why the hell Venom has the Rhino Rig? That's a MASK vehicle, operated by Bruce Sato. I assume the goon with the cyborg head is Cliff Dagger, who ought to be operating the Jack Hammer.

Confusion.
In this continuity, Miles Mayhem had all of the vehicles built based on Cybertronian tech derived from Blitzwing. The Rhino was given to Bruno Sheppard, who has the half metal face in the pages above. Sheppard has beef with Matt Trakker because Trakker focused on a mission instead of saving him from the fire that messed up his face.

Cliff Dagger was introduced in the MASK Annual and does have the Jackhammer, but he hasn't been used in several months.

The Jackhammer is actually Julio Lopez's vehicle in this continuity. Dagger hasn't been shown to have a personal vehicle yet.
Re: G.I. JOE: First Strike #1 iTunes Preview (1909116)
Posted by Va'al on September 7th, 2017 @ 3:38pm CDT
Daniel Adkins wrote:
ScottyP wrote:
Big Grim wrote:Has it been adequately explained why the hell Venom has the Rhino Rig? That's a MASK vehicle, operated by Bruce Sato. I assume the goon with the cyborg head is Cliff Dagger, who ought to be operating the Jack Hammer.

Confusion.
In this continuity, Miles Mayhem had all of the vehicles built based on Cybertronian tech derived from Blitzwing. The Rhino was given to Bruno Sheppard, who has the half metal face in the pages above. Sheppard has beef with Matt Trakker because Trakker focused on a mission instead of saving him from the fire that messed up his face.

Cliff Dagger was introduced in the MASK Annual and does have the Jackhammer, but he hasn't been used in several months.

The Jackhammer is actually Julio Lopez's vehicle in this continuity. Dagger hasn't been shown to have a personal vehicle yet.


Adkins with the rescue.
Re: G.I. JOE: First Strike #1 iTunes Preview (1909122)
Posted by Daniel Adkins on September 7th, 2017 @ 4:19pm CDT
Oh! And another thing.

ScottyP wrote:Sheppard has beef with Matt Trakker because Trakker focused on a mission instead of saving him from the fire that messed up his face.

The actual reasoning is even stupider than that. Bruno took the Rhino for a test drive, even though Matt told him not to push it too hard, resulting in the Rhino exploding. But when Matt tried to save him, the radiation in his Spectrum Mask reacted violently to the Rhino's power source (I think, honestly its kinda vague), so all Matt could do was stand there before Mayhem teleported Bruno, Sly, and Vanessa away in the explosion.
Re: G.I. JOE: First Strike #1 iTunes Preview (1909135)
Posted by ScottyP on September 7th, 2017 @ 5:40pm CDT
Daniel Adkins wrote:The actual reasoning is even stupider than that.
I had blocked that out of memory. The MASK book is so bad. I wish it weren't :/
Re: G.I. JOE: First Strike #1 iTunes Preview (1909138)
Posted by Daniel Adkins on September 7th, 2017 @ 5:50pm CDT
ScottyP wrote:
Daniel Adkins wrote:The actual reasoning is even stupider than that.
I had blocked that out of memory. The MASK book is so bad. I wish it weren't :/

MASK is a classic example of "incredibly awesome idea" that has consistently been executed poorly. The cartoon is terrible (though can edge into "so bad its funny" territory at times), the DC Comics were okay at best, and the IDW comic is pure dreck. MASK is honestly at their best in crossovers.

VENOM at least are more interesting than their heroic counterparts and I've loved Aubrey Sitterson's work on the Joe title, so I look forward to seeing what he does with the MASK characters in the First Strike tie-ins and G.I. Joe Unmasked. Maybe he'll be the one to finally make Matt Trakker an interesting character.

Also, the fact that the Baroness has evidently taken over as Cobra Commander is such a genius idea, I'm surprised it hasn't happened before.
Re: G.I. JOE: First Strike #1 iTunes Preview (1909140)
Posted by Kurona on September 7th, 2017 @ 5:58pm CDT
Daniel Adkins wrote:Also, the fact that the Baroness has evidently taken over as Cobra Commander is such a genius idea, I'm surprised it hasn't happened before.

Well, this company DID come close...

Image
Re: G.I. JOE: First Strike #1 iTunes Preview (1909143)
Posted by Daniel Adkins on September 7th, 2017 @ 6:09pm CDT
I still need to read TFvsJoe.
Re: G.I. JOE: First Strike #1 iTunes Preview (1909230)
Posted by Va'al on September 8th, 2017 @ 6:53am CDT
Daniel Adkins wrote:I still need to read TFvsJoe.



You do. You really do.
Re: G.I. JOE: First Strike #1 iTunes Preview (1909466)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on September 8th, 2017 @ 5:24pm CDT
Have they shown any more of Blitzwing? What happened with Astrotrain's head since I saw that in one preview of something
Re: G.I. JOE: First Strike #1 iTunes Preview (1909474)
Posted by Kurona on September 8th, 2017 @ 5:50pm CDT
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:Have they shown any more of Blitzwing? What happened with Astrotrain's head since I saw that in one preview of something

I think the heavy implication in the First Strike prelude was that he's now dead.
Re: G.I. JOE: First Strike #1 iTunes Preview (1909475)
Posted by Daniel Adkins on September 8th, 2017 @ 5:51pm CDT
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:Have they shown any more of Blitzwing? What happened with Astrotrain's head since I saw that in one preview of something

Blitzwing showed up in First Strike #0, which was set before Revolution. We still don't know what happened with him after that. Astrotrain's body was the MacGuffin in the MASK Annual, which has only been briefly addressed in First Strike #2. As of yet, we still don't know if there's any relevance to the event.
Re: G.I. JOE: First Strike #1 iTunes Preview (1909479)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on September 8th, 2017 @ 6:00pm CDT
Kurona wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:Have they shown any more of Blitzwing? What happened with Astrotrain's head since I saw that in one preview of something

I think the heavy implication in the First Strike prelude was that he's now dead.

Which one? Astrotrain was all but confirmed dead when Arcee sliced and diced him
Daniel Adkins wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:Have they shown any more of Blitzwing? What happened with Astrotrain's head since I saw that in one preview of something

Blitzwing showed up in First Strike #0, which was set before Revolution. We still don't know what happened with him after that. Astrotrain's body was the MacGuffin in the MASK Annual, which has only been briefly addressed in First Strike #2. As of yet, we still don't know if there's any relevance to the event.

Huh. I was hoping maybe at least they had done something with Blitzwing rambling on while a captive, or that Skywarp was somehow involved, like being close to finding either of the triple changers whether alive or dead
Re: G.I. JOE: First Strike #1 iTunes Preview (1909483)
Posted by Kurona on September 8th, 2017 @ 6:07pm CDT
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
Kurona wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:Have they shown any more of Blitzwing? What happened with Astrotrain's head since I saw that in one preview of something

I think the heavy implication in the First Strike prelude was that he's now dead.

Which one? Astrotrain was all but confirmed dead when Arcee sliced and diced him

Blitzwing. They used the talisman for... something on him, then the screen went black. He's either dead or he's returning at the end of issue #4 changed in some way for a surprise twist.
Re: G.I. JOE: First Strike #1 iTunes Preview (1909524)
Posted by o.supreme on September 8th, 2017 @ 9:43pm CDT
So...What happened to Action Man? Sorry I didn't read the self titled series, so I have no idea why he's not in First Strike, I just hope when its all sais and done, TF goes back to the normal 2 books per month
Re: G.I. JOE: First Strike #1 iTunes Preview (1909537)
Posted by Daniel Adkins on September 8th, 2017 @ 10:13pm CDT
o.supreme wrote:So...What happened to Action Man? Sorry I didn't read the self titled series, so I have no idea why he's not in First Strike, I just hope when its all sais and done, TF goes back to the normal 2 books per month

Action Man has been hanging out with Kup, Ayana Jones, and Garrison Blackrock in Revolutionaries, which is the best IDW book on the shelves right now and if you're not reading it you are missing out on some awesome stuff.
Re: G.I. JOE: First Strike #1 iTunes Preview (1910051)
Posted by Va'al on September 11th, 2017 @ 3:54am CDT
Coming up this week from IDW Publishing is the next chapter in the First Strike mini-series which will change - allegedly - the face of the IDWverse from now on - First Strike #3! Check out below a full preview of the issue courtesy of Comics Crusaders, and make sure to head back to Seibertron.com for a review after its release.

G.I. Joe, the Autobots and M.A.S.K. make their way to Cybertron to stop the siege and encounter the COBRA leader, but all is not as it seems! Will their arrival help or just bring more disaster?


Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Re: G.I. JOE: First Strike #1 iTunes Preview (1910080)
Posted by Randomhero on September 11th, 2017 @ 7:37am CDT
We really need a scene of Optimus apologizing to soundwave for blackmailing him. I know they're friends now and soundwave is pretty much his second in command but we need it
Re: G.I. JOE: First Strike #1 iTunes Preview (1910109)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on September 11th, 2017 @ 9:14am CDT
Heh, the twins made me smile there. Bout time too :lol:

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Voyager Class Roadbuster Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Decepticon Dragstrip Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Optimus Prime Voice Changer Helmet" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Insecticon Bombshell Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #288 - Filler Episode
Twincast / Podcast #288:
"Filler Episode"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, November 14th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Wingspan Cloudraker Clones Walgreens MISB Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Walgreens Exclusive & Wingspan Cloudraker" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Battle For Cybertron Quintesson Invasion Shockwave Prowl" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers SS-42 soundwave with laser beak Free Shipping w/Tracking# New Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers War for Cybertron Siege - WFC-S20 Deluxe Chromia" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects Piranacon 1 Seacon TT-GS07 Overbite Shark" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series: #60 Scrapper Figure Unopened (Great buy!!)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cybertron - Voyager Class: Vector Prime (2005) Complete" on EBAY