G.I. JOE / Transformers Volume 1 Coming in September

G.I. JOE / Transformers Volume 1 Coming in September

Monday, March 19th, 2012 1:52pm CDT

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 27,562

Amazon has listed a pre-order for IDW's G.I. JOE/Transformers Volume 1. The trade is priced at $24.99 and scheduled to release on September 11th, 2012. Sorry, no cover art has been posted, see description and product details below.

Book Description
Publication Date: September 11, 2012
The worlds of G.I. JOE and The Transformers combine in this first volume of crossovers. Contains the 4-issue G.I. JOE and The Transformers limited series, plus issues #139-142 of Marvel's G.I. JOE: A Real American Hero. Megatron and Cobra versus the JOEs and the Autobots - who will come out on top?

Product Details
Paperback: 192 pages
Publisher: IDW Publishing (September 11, 2012)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1613773528
ISBN-13: 978-1613773529

Credit(s): Amazon

This article was last modified on Monday, March 19th, 2012 1:59pm CDT

Re: G.I. JOE / Transformers Volume 1 Coming in September (1360102)
Posted by gothsaurus on March 19th, 2012 @ 3:49pm CDT
Here's hoping for these crossovers to continue right into the un-loved G2 comic series. I'd buy that in heartbeat. Loved it. Would love to see it reissued.
Re: G.I. JOE / Transformers Volume 1 Coming in September (1360124)
Posted by crazyray on March 19th, 2012 @ 5:18pm CDT
Beyond awesome!
Re: G.I. JOE / Transformers Volume 1 Coming in September (1360134)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 19th, 2012 @ 6:05pm CDT
That explains it! That's why they aren't including these in the Transformers: Classics reprints of Marvel G1! They've set aside these two crossovers to be put together in one trade!

And yet... the G.I. Joe reprints still get there issues #139-142 reprinted in their own reprint volume 14, and the Transformers: Classics UK volume 3 reprints the Action Force crossover "Ancient Relics!" despite it comprising of just one TF issue and four Action Force issues. Weird. :-|
Re: G.I. JOE / Transformers Volume 1 Coming in September (1360199)
Posted by Darth Bombshell on March 19th, 2012 @ 9:38pm CDT
This is the Marvel mini crossover, right? If so...

AWESOME!
Re: G.I. JOE / Transformers Volume 1 Coming in September (1360203)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 19th, 2012 @ 9:43pm CDT
Darth Bombshell wrote:This is the Marvel mini crossover, right? If so...

AWESOME!
Re: G.I. JOE / Transformers Volume 1 Coming in September (1360256)
Posted by Coptur on March 20th, 2012 @ 3:28am CDT
It should still reprint GIJoe issue 138 as that the start of the crossover if not at least the pages we its applicable
Re: G.I. JOE / Transformers Volume 1 Coming in September (1360304)
Posted by Darth Bombshell on March 20th, 2012 @ 8:40am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Yeah, even though both crossovers were pretty weak stories, with the second one being only a little better, but not by much.

Yeah, crossover's usually are never good. The second one only exists because it was Marvel's way of introducing G2. Considering I've never read the first one (and since it hasn't been reprinted since...1993, I believe), I'm more than excited to be getting my hands on it.

My only problem is that I'm also getting the Classic GI Joe volumes, so I'm going to be getting the same thing again. Then again, this is probably more geared towards the TF fan anyway, so I can be OK with it.
Re: G.I. JOE / Transformers Volume 1 Coming in September (1360337)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 20th, 2012 @ 10:04am CDT
Noticing the "Volume 1" in this, could this be a series of trade paperbacks that are going to reprint not just the two Marvel crossovers, but ALL the TF/Joe crossovers? :shock:

Darth Bombshell wrote:

BUUUUUUT, I loved the Action Force/Transformers crossover! The one where Megatron fights both Guardian and Grimlock in the middle of London, while the Action Force tries to both stop Megatron and keep the area safe. That one was great! 8)
Re: G.I. JOE / Transformers Volume 1 Coming in September (1360340)
Posted by gothsaurus on March 20th, 2012 @ 10:17am CDT
Maybe they'll finish out the Divided Front storyline! Okay, yeah, I'm dreamin'.

But yeah, out of all of the crossovers, I really liked the dark and painterly Dreamwave one. It was quite epic and nicely self contained. The Devil's Due fell flat to me, and the designs and vehicles were odd choices. Colors and treatments were too happy, sunny-day for my taste. While it looked like the old G1 cartoon a bit, it came across kinda saccharin sweet.

(I really like the more recent treatment in the current line where full pages are one color scheme. That makes for a really nice read, and dramatic impact when the location changes. Bravo to the present color crew... but I digress.)

However, oddly, I enjoyed that last one with Monstructor. (Black Horizon) I guess I was just excited to see some screen time for those characters with so little screen time.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Chaos on Velocitron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Tra Rid Warrior Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Netflix Megatron With Skelivore War for Cybertron New Sealed In Box" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Scourge/Sweeps Body Part, Right Side Shield" on EBAY
Buy "Armada of Cyclonus Scourge Sweep Set of 3 | Transformers Platinum Edition Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "2017 Transformers Collertors Club TFSS Series 5.0 Shattered Glass Starscream" on EBAY
Buy "G1 transformers Diamond Select bust Coronation Starscream 445/600 broken read" on EBAY
Buy "NEWinbox "Armada of Cyclonus" Hasbro Transformers 3pc Set Cyclonus+Sweep+Scourge" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2021 Buzzworthy Bumblebee Robot Action Figure - F1288" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Buzzworthy Bumblebee Studio Series #40BB Deluxe Decepticon Shatter" on EBAY