G.I. Joe vs. Transformers Omnibus Hardcover Edition to be Released

G.I. Joe vs. Transformers Omnibus Hardcover Edition to be Released

Wednesday, September 19th, 2007 6:18pm CDT

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: Hotrod   Views: 12,985

ComicNewsi.com has posted a copy of Devil's Due's December solicitations. Included in the solicitations is a listing for G.I. Joe vs. Transformers Omnibus. It is a hardcover collection of the four G.I. Joe vs. Transformers crossover done by Devil's Due. Check the listing for it by clicking here.

Credit(s): ComicNewsi.com

Re: G.I. Joe vs. Transformers Omnibus Hardcover Edition to be Released (352525)
Posted by 1337W422102 on September 19th, 2007 @ 6:27pm CDT

The Devil's Due ones weren't that good, but the TFs being Cobra vehicles was pretty damn cool.
Re: G.I. Joe vs. Transformers Omnibus Hardcover Edition to be Released (352545)
Posted by Supreme Convoy on September 19th, 2007 @ 6:41pm CDT
Yeah, Jae Lee is an odd choice for a Transformers series... but damn did it look amazing. I guess it's up to IDW if they want to put a trade out for that.
Re: G.I. Joe vs. Transformers Omnibus Hardcover Edition to be Released (352555)
Posted by Tigertrack on September 19th, 2007 @ 6:46pm CDT
Think I'll pass on this. I liked the early Marvel G2 lead in cross over better.

I liked the DW series a little bit, but I really wanted to see more details, but it certainly was a pretty good read.

And then there was the defunct second series. Issue 1 was good enough to get me really wanting it then...voomp...gone. That makes 3 things I really wanted to see DW complete in their TF series. :(
Re: G.I. Joe vs. Transformers Omnibus Hardcover Edition to be Released (352556)
Posted by i_amtrunks on September 19th, 2007 @ 6:47pm CDT
Devil's Due "camped up" comics are great for a laugh.

If it goes for a decent price I would consider buying it
Re: G.I. Joe vs. Transformers Omnibus Hardcover Edition to be Released (352610)
Posted by Tigertrack on September 19th, 2007 @ 7:19pm CDT
What I would like is simply the design sketches of the TFs turned into their CORBA vehicle counterparts.

That I would buy. :-?
Re: G.I. Joe vs. Transformers Omnibus Hardcover Edition to be Released (352615)
Posted by Hotrod on September 19th, 2007 @ 7:24pm CDT
1337W422102 wrote:I was hoping it would be a republishing of DW TF/GI Joe World War II series. Holy crap, that blew me away. As a GI Joe fan and a Transfan, I thought it was great, and the art was stunning.

I just picked it the DW TPB at the comic shop for a third of the cover price last weekend. I just need to find the time to read it. I might pick this up, but I doubt it.
Re: G.I. Joe vs. Transformers Omnibus Hardcover Edition to be Released (352991)
Posted by King Grimrob on September 20th, 2007 @ 12:07am CDT
...so I guess this means that Vol 4 was it?

too bad. still a great run though!
Re: G.I. Joe vs. Transformers Omnibus Hardcover Edition to be Released (353017)
Posted by Gasper on September 20th, 2007 @ 12:31am CDT
Considering how impossible it is to get Volume II for anywhere UNDER fifty bucks, I welcome this. Sure, it's hokey, but it's a fun hokey.
Re: G.I. Joe vs. Transformers Omnibus Hardcover Edition to be Released (353036)
Posted by Autobotspitfire on September 20th, 2007 @ 12:45am CDT
DD did a good job with this series. vol 3 the art of war was a great one, some of the best art i have seen in tf comics. vol 1 was still the best, Prime as a HISS tank anyone?
Re: G.I. Joe vs. Transformers Omnibus Hardcover Edition to be Released (353134)
Posted by Menbailee on September 20th, 2007 @ 4:06am CDT
Volumes 1 and 3 had enough going for them to make them worth reading. Volumes 2 and 4 became so silly that you will definitely get your money's worth out of them, since you will have forgotten what the plot was about right after you read them and can thus promptly pick them up and read them again. If you wanted to. Seriously, I may get this, since I borrowed those comics and might as well get the bound volume if it's well-priced.

A good TPB of the WWII scenario, now that'd be something.
Re: G.I. Joe vs. Transformers Omnibus Hardcover Edition to be Released (353291)
Posted by Elita One on September 20th, 2007 @ 7:15am CDT
Doh! I just got the first gijoe vs TF volume last week. Oh well live and learn.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Strafe" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Robots In Disguise Legion Class Fixit" on EBAY
Buy "Super 7 Transformers Reaction 2020 Target Exclusive Gold Armor Bumblebee Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege Jetfire Hasbro War for Cybertron Commander Class WFC S28 MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Siege WFC-S63 Soundblaster 35th Anniversary NEW!!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Robots In Disguise Voyager Class Autobot Bulkhead NIB" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots BLURR. 2015 NIP" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots In Disguise Mini-Con Blizzard Strike Slipstream Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Planet X Pluto Megatron" on EBAY