Great Lakes Comiccon Welcomes David Kaye

Transformers News: Great Lakes Comiccon Welcomes David Kaye

Wednesday, November 1st, 2017 12:17PM CDT

Categories: Event News, People News
Posted by: D-Maximal_Primal   Views: 11,660

Thanks to an update from their Facebook page, we have news that David Kaye, the well loved voice actor who lent his voice to the mean purple dinosaur known as Beast Wars Megatron, will be attending the Great Lakes Comiccon in 2018! David Kaye had his first Transformers experience as the voice of Megatron from both Beast Wars and Beast Machines, and eventually voiced Optimus Prime in Transformers: Animated, on of the few voice actors to voice both the big bad and the Prime himself.

Great Lakes Comiccon will be held on February 23-24, 2018 at the Macomb Community College, Warren, Michigan.

A new day... a new month... a new guest annoucement!

Join us in welcoming David Kaye to the Great Lakes Comic-Con! Appearing on Saturday, February 24, 2018 ONLY!

David is best known for being the voice of Megatron on Transformers Beast Wars, Beast Machines, and more! He was also the voice of Animated Optimus Prime, General Hawk on G.I. Joe and much more!

Transformers News: Great Lakes Comiccon Welcomes David Kaye

Transformers News: Great Lakes Comiccon Welcomes David Kaye
Credit(s): Great Lakes Comiccon

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Great Lakes Comiccon Welcomes David Kaye (1919319)
Posted by Kurona on November 1st, 2017 @ 12:54pm CDT
Woah, David Kaye and WJ88 are gonna be there!
Re: Great Lakes Comiccon Welcomes David Kaye (1948502)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on March 26th, 2018 @ 6:00pm CDT
Thanks to a post on their Twitter page, we have learned that Denver Comic Con will be welcoming Mairghread Scott at this years convention! Mairghread Scott is an IDW writer most famously in our franchise for writing the Windblade mini-series as well as Till All Are One and the crossover event First Strike. Other guests include comic stars Jen Vaughn, Tony Moore, Sanya Anwar, and Joe Eisma, and TV and film guests Molly Ringwald, Greg Cipes, Cress Williams, and David Harbour.

Denver Comic Con will be taking place this year at the Colorado Convention Center, and will be running from June 15 through the 17. Tickets can be purchased HERE, so get yourself some tickets, and head on out for an enjoyable weekend in Denver!

Re: Great Lakes Comiccon Welcomes David Kaye (1948620)
Posted by YoungPrime on March 27th, 2018 @ 10:21am CDT
Her last few issues of TAOO were great.

But I wasn't a fan of those Hasbro-verse books.
Re: Great Lakes Comiccon Welcomes David Kaye (1948623)
Posted by o.supreme on March 27th, 2018 @ 10:59am CDT
the first few issues of TAAO were ok, then it descended into...yeah....

Now I see her with credits on such animated series as Guardians of the Galaxy. Apparently continuity in these series means absolutely nothing anymore. Its just about being a pale copy of the films. Season 3 kicks off literally with an episode which is an animated version of the Mission Breakout ride at Disney's California Adventure. The characters are automatically updated to look like their post *Volme 2* selves with no regard to what happened in the last season. Gawd....being a fan of comic-based animated series is torture. But I don't fully blame Scott, she is just a pawn in all of this.

Jeph Loeb is the mastermind of this disaster. I hate his decisions so much. As great as Spectacular Spider-Man & Avengers: EMH are, (which Loeb cancelled) I've rewatched them so many times in the past decade, I have them practically memorized.
Re: Great Lakes Comiccon Welcomes David Kaye (1963044)
Posted by Bronzewolf on June 4th, 2018 @ 5:53pm CDT
Hey Seibertronians! It's my pleasure to announce that I'll be presenting my Panel "Never Grow Up: How Toy Collectors Created an Industry" at this year's Denver Comic Con, one of the largest conventions in the country! This is the same talk I gave at last year's Fort Collins Comic Con, just obviously on a bigger scale! It'll be on Saturday (6/16/18) at 4:30pm in the Central City - Mile High Ballroom DCCP3, if you're around, please come check it out! I'll have a large table with an awesome display spanning the generations of Transformers toys, from G1 to now, as well as TF comics and toys to give away! We'll go on a brief journey though comic and collectible history, and show how this new demographic of adult fans impacted that industry! We'll also have a short Q&A at the end, just in case you have a question about my presentation, my work at Seibertron, or my thoughts or opinions on anything that comes to mind! Would love to see you there!

Re: Great Lakes Comiccon Welcomes David Kaye (1963125)
Posted by WreckerJack on June 5th, 2018 @ 2:18am CDT
Oh if I had some spending money for a plane ticket and time off I'd be tempted to go. You gotta take some pics of your booth for us!
Re: Great Lakes Comiccon Welcomes David Kaye (1964885)
Posted by Bronzewolf on June 13th, 2018 @ 7:14pm CDT
Hey everyone! Just wanted to throw out one last reminder that yours truly will be hosting a Transformers/Toy industry panel is going to be THIS SATURDAY at Denver Comic Con! There are still saturday tickets available, but they're going fast! If you're in the area, please swing by! In addition to my talk, I'll have a table with a large Transformers diorama showing the evolution of Transformers design from G1 to now! I'll also host a Q&A session after the fact to ask me any questions you might have about Transformers, my talk, or my work on Seibertron. Come down, win some prizes, and hopefully learn something along the way! It'll be

Saturday (6/16/18) at 4:30pm in the Central City - Mile High Ballroom DCCP3

Check out my previous article for more details on the talk! Thanks Seibertronians!
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #201 - Sweet Boy