Thursday, November 30th, 2017 11:31pm CST

Categories: Toy News, Event News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 10,035

As we know, this weekend sees Tokyo Comic Con 2017 taking place in Japan, with Takara Tomy bringing its Transformers presence to the show in a multitude of iterations, toy lines, licensed products, merchandise and more - including the promotion of the soon to be available (in Japan) home release of The Last Knight.

The bigger news so far, in terms of our interests, comes from images shared by Twitter user 7777_diver, featuring the latest Beast Wars Masterpiece figure in the Takara Tomy stables: MP-41 Dinobot! You can see the grey prototype of the figure in both raptor and robot mode, accompanied by its accessories, and previous Beast Wars figures such as Legends Rhinox and Rattle / Rattrap, MP-32 Beast Convoy / Optimus Primal and MP-34 Cheetus / Cheetor. Check them our mirrored below!

Transformers News: Grey Prototype of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-41 Dinobot at Tokyo Comic Con

Credit(s): 7777_diver

Re: Grey Prototype of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-41 Dinobot at Tokyo Comic Con (1924436)
Posted by Immortal Starscream on December 1st, 2017 @ 10:50am CST
I get the feeling transforming this guy is going to be an adventure. looks like his side flaps turn inside out to form part of his robot legs, and his robot shoulders are the raptor's knees.
Re: Grey Prototype of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-41 Dinobot at Tokyo Comic Con (1959573)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 15th, 2018 @ 8:50am CDT
Re: Grey Prototype of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-41 Dinobot at Tokyo Comic Con (1959577)
Posted by shajaki on May 15th, 2018 @ 9:25am CDT
Why is his sword not silver?
Re: Grey Prototype of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-41 Dinobot at Tokyo Comic Con (1959583)
Posted by Cobotron on May 15th, 2018 @ 9:35am CDT
shajaki wrote:Why is his sword not silver?
I was about to say, because it's made from raptor tail vertebrae, but that's the old toy guy in me talking. Yeah interesting. You can see it's silver on the box right behind him, and I do remember it was super shiny in the show.

Production sample? :???:
Re: Grey Prototype of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-41 Dinobot at Tokyo Comic Con (1959586)
Posted by shajaki on May 15th, 2018 @ 9:39am CDT
Cobotron wrote:
shajaki wrote:Why is his sword not silver?

Production sample? :???:
Mmmmmmm :-?

Thinking back to seeing accessory shots... doesn't he come with two swords?
Re: Grey Prototype of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-41 Dinobot at Tokyo Comic Con (1959589)
Posted by shajaki on May 15th, 2018 @ 9:41am CDT
Nope. One sword.

It's not silver there either though...

You can make out the box though a bit, Sure looks silver there!
Re: Grey Prototype of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-41 Dinobot at Tokyo Comic Con (1959590)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 15th, 2018 @ 9:47am CDT
Probably just test shots at this point. The final's gotta be silver.
Re: Grey Prototype of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-41 Dinobot at Tokyo Comic Con (1959654)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on May 15th, 2018 @ 3:09pm CDT
We have a pair of news for you today regarding the upcoming and highly anticipated MP-41 Dinobot.

The first set of news comes to us from Seibertron himself, where an email from Amazon Japan says that Dinobot has been delayed slightly, from July 31 to August 3, which makes sense seeing as how Dinobot would be released on a Tuesday instead of a Friday if they stuck with the original release date. You can find the quoted email below.

The second piece of news comes to us from Weibo user Samuel 1230, who has a new image of Dinobot, presumably from the Shizuoka Hobby Show, where many new Masterpiece figures made their debut. You can check out the new image, including a slight zoom in on the figure, below.

What do you think of the slight delay? Is it gonna drive you nuts to have to wait a few more days for your Dinobot? Let us know in the comments section below!

English follows Japanese(日本語に続き、英語でのご案内があります)

Amazon.co.jpをご利用いただき、ありがとうございます。

お客様にご予約いただいている以下の商品の発売日が変更されたため、お届け予定日を変更いたしましたのでお知らせいたします。

"トランスフォーマー マスターピース MP-41 ダイノボット (ビーストウォーズ)"
お届け予定日: 2018-07-31 - 2018-08-03

"トランスフォーマー マスターピース MP-41 ダイノボット (ビーストウォーズ)"

Dear Customer: We have learned that there has been a delay with some of the item(s) in your order indicated above.
When your order is shipped you will receive an e-mail message confirming the date, contents and method of shipment.

尊敬的买家:我们了解到,您的上述订单中的部分商品出现了延误。
当您的订单发货时,您将收到一封电子邮件,其中会确认配送的日期、物品和方式。

このEメールアドレスは配信専用です。ご不明な点は、下記のURLからカスタマーサービスまでお問い合わせください。

Re: Grey Prototype of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-41 Dinobot at Tokyo Comic Con (1959665)
Posted by shajaki on May 15th, 2018 @ 3:38pm CDT
Did we know before that his tongue was posable? Now THAT'S awesome.
Re: Grey Prototype of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-41 Dinobot at Tokyo Comic Con (1959673)
Posted by Emerje on May 15th, 2018 @ 4:07pm CDT

It's also hard to tell how much of that darkness is from reflection in the display shots. It does have the brown tint in most stock photos so it's more likely this was a miss guided attempt to blend the reflectiveness from the cartoon and the flesh tones from the figure for whatever reason.

Emerje
Re: Grey Prototype of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-41 Dinobot at Tokyo Comic Con (1959697)
Posted by megamanfan on May 15th, 2018 @ 5:34pm CDT
Emerje wrote:I wonder if the sword color is another case of them using the wrong source images? :HEADHURTS:

Emerje

i mean, it's silver on the boxart behind it, so i'll assume it's a mistake.
Re: Grey Prototype of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-41 Dinobot at Tokyo Comic Con (1959702)
Posted by Grahf_ on May 15th, 2018 @ 6:07pm CDT
Re: Grey Prototype of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-41 Dinobot at Tokyo Comic Con (1959704)
Posted by william-james88 on May 15th, 2018 @ 6:25pm CDT
Alpha Weltall wrote:Changing the release date is somewhat problematic for me. I have him preordered from Amiami and I set all my item to ship together. So having him move from July to August means a whole month longer to wait. That's not even what I have problem with, it's the other figures I have preordered for that month that's the problem. Putting Dinobot on August's bill means a much larger one for that month since I have three Figmas and Bring Arts Fei preordered for then as well. I'm just moving money from one month to the next but it's annoying when you already factored in how much you have to spend on figures each month and this moves a rather large price to a month that is already packed. I could also ship him by himself but then I'd lose out on shipping costs.

You probably will have to ship him by himself since (while it might have changed since I last shopped there) they only combine shipping for items coming out the same month. Unlike hLJ and Anime Export, they dont do pile of loot.
Re: Grey Prototype of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-41 Dinobot at Tokyo Comic Con (1959720)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 15th, 2018 @ 10:27pm CDT
megamanfan wrote:

Emerje

i mean, it's silver on the boxart behind it, so i'll assume it's a mistake.
It's probably still just a test shot at this point, so the sword itself is one that has yet to be painted silver.
Re: Grey Prototype of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-41 Dinobot at Tokyo Comic Con (1959723)
Posted by william-james88 on May 15th, 2018 @ 10:31pm CDT
With the subject of colours back up, I still cant believe Takara initially thought of making Legends Kup grey. I remember us totally making fun of a fan here who said he wanted a grey Kup because thats what he once saw on a show. And as it turns out he was the only one who saw the same thing as Takara lol

Glad that got dealt with though, I am sure this will be fine as well. My biggest pet peeve at the moment is how much the raptor mode is not uniform or fully connected. We see a bunch or robot bits tearing at the seams.
Re: Grey Prototype of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-41 Dinobot at Tokyo Comic Con (1959739)
Posted by Emerje on May 15th, 2018 @ 11:48pm CDT

Back to the sword, can anyone think of another issue like this that lasted this long but was changed at release? I can't.

Emerje
Re: Grey Prototype of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-41 Dinobot at Tokyo Comic Con (1959767)
Posted by RacerCheetor on May 16th, 2018 @ 5:46am CDT
The images are from China, in an exhibition that Takara made between February 28 and March 1.

Re: Grey Prototype of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-41 Dinobot at Tokyo Comic Con (1959776)
Posted by shajaki on May 16th, 2018 @ 7:44am CDT
Emerje wrote:They aren't entirely unreasonable at AmiAmi, you can always explain the very short delay of only a few days pushing it from July to August and see if they'd be willing to manually add it to your July order. They're very flexible with their policies, I've gotten them to cancel items even though it's against their policy and back in December I forgot to pay for an item because I thought I had added it to my combined December order but somehow missed it and they didn't close my account like they say they will. So the worst thing they can do is say no.

Emerje
Mmmm... experiences vary then. I found Amiami to be extremely unhelpful. I don't buy from them anymore because of it. [-(
Re: Grey Prototype of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-41 Dinobot at Tokyo Comic Con (1959810)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on May 16th, 2018 @ 10:56am CDT
Re: Grey Prototype of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-41 Dinobot at Tokyo Comic Con (1959882)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on May 16th, 2018 @ 5:31pm CDT
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:So if the release date has been pushed back, will that have a knock on effect on Shadow Panther? Given he is should still be on track for release at the end of August?

The delay was only 3 days, from the last day of July on a Tuesday to the first Friday of May, I wouldn't think that would affect too many things

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Smokescreen" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Expanded Universe Botcon 2002 Glyph Keychain New Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Botcon Europe 2002 Rook Keychain New Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Dark Side of the Moon Energon  Sword Megatron Bumblebee" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Caliburst & Slugslinger Deluxe Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Triggerhappy Deluxe Hasbro Pre-Owned" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Takara Tomy Cloud TFC-A03 Hot Rodimus" on EBAY
Buy "Takaratomy Transformers Legends LG30 Wheelie &Go Shooter Action Figure To..." on EBAY