Friday, February 17th, 2012 7:56am CST

Category: Game News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 39,710

GameTrailers.com has posted last night's episode of GT.TV, which featured gameplay footage of Transformers: Fall of Cybertron. The episode can be viewed online by clicking here.

Update: Video embedded below!

• Optimus Prime can take control of the mammoth city-former Metroplex
  • Jazz uses his grappling hook more like a zip-line and also uses a sniper rifle
  • Bruticus (who gets an entire level of gameplay) is an 80 foot giant who comes equipped with a flamethrower and used Vortex's whirling blades as a shield

Credit(s): GameTrailers.com, Daimchoc

This article was last modified on Friday, February 17th, 2012 10:26am CST

Re: GT.TV Episode featuring Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Gameplay Footage now Online (1348455)
Posted by daimchoc on February 17th, 2012 @ 8:07am CST
There's also a write up on this via GT.TV

http://www.gametrailers.com/side-missio ... r-details/
Re: GT.TV Episode featuring Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Gameplay Footage now Online (1348475)
Posted by Sentinel Maximus on February 17th, 2012 @ 9:07am CST
Looks sweet! Cant wait for it! The fall is too far of a wait :-B
Re: GT.TV Episode featuring Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Gameplay Footage now Online (1348480)
Posted by GuyIncognito on February 17th, 2012 @ 9:16am CST
This game is going to kick ass.

That being said, I have one minor nit to pick: that guy said that Metroplex was "a city-sized Transformer" and that Optimus can control him on the battlefield. That doesn't make sense. If he's really the size of a city, then he's bigger than the battlefield itself. Maybe he's the size of a skyscraper, but he's obviously not as big as a city.
Re: GT.TV Episode featuring Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Gameplay Footage now Online (1348495)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 17th, 2012 @ 9:56am CST
Onslaught's voice sounds kinda like Scott McNeil's Beast Wars Silverbolt voice to me.

GuyIncognito wrote:This game is going to kick ass.

Well, he's definitely way more gargantuan in size than Trypticon and Omega Supreme (he dwarfs them both).
Re: GT.TV Episode featuring Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Gameplay Footage now Online (1348547)
Posted by kirbenvost on February 17th, 2012 @ 12:10pm CST
I gotta admit, since I still haven't finished WFC and I'm not really all that much into shooters, I was kind of thinking of skipping out on this one...but then I saw Bruticus combine, and Grimlock showed up and I was like 'WHOA. :shock: '. So I think I'm gonna have to play this one too. :D
Re: GT.TV Episode featuring Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Gameplay Footage now Online (1348613)
Posted by Starscream GaGa on February 17th, 2012 @ 4:01pm CST

I bet there's no split-screen co-op either. Which is just ridiculous. Grrr!
Re: GT.TV Episode featuring Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Gameplay Footage now Online (1348629)
Posted by OmicronZero on February 17th, 2012 @ 5:20pm CST
Starscream GaGa wrote:I'm kind of disappointed that it looks like there's only one character per level instead of three.

I bet there's no split-screen co-op either. Which is just ridiculous. Grrr!

Between this and the utter 'shock' over the 'recent' info about the lack of a PC version, I have to ask... Has anyone actually been paying the least bit of attention to this game? I mean, prior to the announcement of Bruticus gameplay?

Because the lack of a PC version and the removal of story co-op were things decided long ago. And covered in the bloody GameInformer articles.

For example it's pretty easy to design a level with Starscream's gameplay in mind and then set up the co-op with Thundercracker and Skywarp. Co-op levels involving say, Bruticus and Grimlock- who both have unique gameplay- would be ridiculously complicated, if not outright impossible. I mean, I suppose I could see setting Grim up with other Dinobots, but he's supposed to have entirely unique gameplay and the whole 'who gets to be Grimlock' debacle would be a pain. Bruticus on the other hand, there's just no way. I mean, what are you going to do, one guy controls the legs and one the arms? That would suck. Have multiple combiners? That would ruin in impact of playing as one.

The only solution I can think of is to have co-op sessions containing divergent parts/instances. So you'd have people playing as Swindle, Onslaught and Brawl, then when they combined each player would be controlling Bruticus on their own, in their own session, at the same time. Then they'd be playing together again afterwards. But that would create it's own host of problems and such. Gears of War had a few segments in a similar vein, and it was always a pain to have to wait around- unable to help- for the guy having trouble.

Personally I'd just like them to have a separate Co-Op mode. One with it's own missions tailored to co-op gameplay.
Re: GT.TV Episode featuring Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Gameplay Footage now Online (1348631)
Posted by Wigglez on February 17th, 2012 @ 5:34pm CST
I honestly don't think there was anything on FoC for a while 'till this. There was that month-long coverage from Gaeinformer and then it stopped 'till the trailer debuted during the VGAs. And since then, there was nothing 'till now. So I suppose their just making the game during them times. They do need to make it to show it off.

That's the reason of so little coverage on it. But what was shown and told, it was a pretty good amount of info on it. I'm personally just waiting to see what the customization is like in FoC. I barely play WFC MP now but that's because TDM gets boring after a while and nobody plays conquest or anything else anymore. HMS, please, PLEASE have better servers on this game. It's the only reason WFC didn't do so well after a while. I think WFC, in my opinion was even better than Call of Duty (CoD fanboys can go kill yourselves) just because I could fly in, transformer, EMP blast someone and then transform and fly out.
Re: GT.TV Episode featuring Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Gameplay Footage now Online (1348639)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on February 17th, 2012 @ 6:14pm CST
wigglez323 wrote:I think WFC, in my opinion was even better than Call of Duty (CoD fanboys can go kill yourselves) just because I could fly in, transformer, EMP blast someone and then transform and fly out.

yyyYEEAAAA!! ;)^ Its also better than GoW, even with WFCs problems.
Re: GT.TV Episode featuring Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Gameplay Footage now Online (1348646)
Posted by Wigglez on February 17th, 2012 @ 6:29pm CST
MINDVVIPE wrote:

yyyYEEAAAA!! ;)^ Its also better than GoW, even with WFCs problems.

Well, I say WFC was btter than CoD because WFC plays like CoD. The controller layout is the same except for the throwing grenades. Even the loadouts were kind of the same. You get to select your weapons and perks. Along with having killstreaks and bonus points for killing/assists and challenges. Gears is a whole different subject.
Re: GT.TV Episode featuring Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Gameplay Footage now Online (1348652)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on February 17th, 2012 @ 6:39pm CST
wigglez323 wrote:
MINDVVIPE wrote:

yyyYEEAAAA!! ;)^ Its also better than GoW, even with WFCs problems.

I've barely played gears coz i hated the game dynamics, but your right, it is fairly different compared to wfc. I just thought of gears coz its also a 3rd person over the shoulder shooter.
Re: GT.TV Episode featuring Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Gameplay Footage now Online (1348695)
Posted by Starscream GaGa on February 17th, 2012 @ 8:40pm CST
OmicronZero wrote:I mean, when I was at NYCC, waaaay back in October they covered the fact that there would be no PC version (which caused some guy to have a level 10 freakout) and that the co-op [at least for story mode] had been axed in favor of better storytelling. And while I find the latter somewhat disappointing (playing through WfC with my friends was great fun, I love co-op) I certainly understand the decision, given what we've learned about the gameplay.

You're talking as though Co-Op was ever in it, rather than just totally ignored altogether.

Online Co-Op Battle, Story Co-Op... I don't care which is in, just as long as it is in. On couch multiplayer is just so much more fun than online multiplayer.
Re: GT.TV Episode featuring Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Gameplay Footage now Online (1350019)
Posted by NatsumeRyu on February 21st, 2012 @ 2:57pm CST
I have received several comments on youtube that ask about splitscreen. I'm also sad they don't have it, but it seems to be becoming more scarce on the games I play. It seems like it's getting less development time since the online MP scene has gotten so huge (so smaller devs like HMS won't budget it in). I'm a fan of it though, that and LAN gaming. That's what I REALLY want every MP game to have because that means that I can game after the servers are down, years from now, on a good game.
Re: GT.TV Episode featuring Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Gameplay Footage now Online (1350139)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on February 21st, 2012 @ 8:10pm CST
NatsumeRyu wrote:LAN gaming. That's what I REALLY want every MP game to have because that means that I can game after the servers are down, years from now, on a good game.

Truer words have never been said. GTA2 is the sickest on LAN 8) along with mechwarrior 4.

Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Loudmouth" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "Transformers SOUNDWAVE Audio MP3 Player Spark Blue Version Takara Music Label" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers DOTM Dark of the Moon Backfire Left Rifle Spare Part Accessory 2011" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Highbrow XORT Headmaster  Walmart exclusive wave 2 heroic autobot!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers monxo Headmaster Weirdwolf Wave 2 evil decepticon sealed new!!!" on EBAY
Buy "3 Vtg  Transformers Instruction Booklet Downshift,gridlock,inferno" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Headmasters Chromedome & Stylor" on EBAY
Buy "TransFormers DOTM Human Alliance Autobot BACKFIRE & Spike Witwicky action figure" on EBAY