Hailee Steinfeld Talks More of the 2018 Bumblebee Movie

Hailee Steinfeld Talks More of the 2018 Bumblebee Movie

Monday, June 12th, 2017 9:24pm CDT

Category: Movie Related News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 11,463

Hailee Steinfeld is pretty pumped to be in the Bumblebee movie, she talks about her excitement every chance she gets. You will see a snippet of that below, as we pull a quote from her interview with Newsbeat. For those who don't know her, Hailee was first nominated at the Oscars at age 13 for her role in the Coen Brother's True Grit. Since then she has also become a pop star known for the hit song Love Myself.
And for those who don't know the director, Travis Knight, he is the heir to the Nike fortune. However, instead of just living the good life, he dedicated his life to preserving the art of stop motion pictures in the US and is the CEO of the world's premier stop motion studio, Laika, and the director of last year's Oscar nominated Kubo and the Two Strings.

Now without further ado, here is Hailee's quote about the upcoming Bumblebee movie.

"I am so excited I'm doing the spin-off, it's starting very soon," the 20-year-old actress and singer told Newsbeat.
"It's crazy to think about. I'm a big fan of the Transformers movies and I can't believe I am going to be in a version of them."
"I will be shooting Bumblebee in the States and working on the music at the same time. So we will see how that all pans out," she says.
"But this movie is really something special. It has a great storyline and this character that I play, who you will soon meet, is really special. So I'm very excited for people to see it."

Re: Hailee Steinfeld Talks More of the 2018 Bumblebee Movie (1889028)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on June 12th, 2017 @ 10:46pm CDT
Re: Hailee Steinfeld Talks More of the 2018 Bumblebee Movie (1889035)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 12th, 2017 @ 11:02pm CDT
Unfortunately, I don't think they'll make the effort to go shoot any scenes all the way on Yavin IV. :P
Re: Hailee Steinfeld Talks More of the 2018 Bumblebee Movie (1889036)
Posted by william-james88 on June 12th, 2017 @ 11:07pm CDT
EvasionModeBumblebee wrote:Now the question is where they're filming (more specifically than just the U.S) because if there's a chance I could be an extra in this movie or at least see them filming, that would be awesome. Immensely looking forwards to this movie, not only are we getting a whole movie about my favorite movie character ever, but it should have a new feel to it with a new director and all that. I really enjoy the Transformers movies we have already, but it'll be interesting to see what a new director can do with these characters.

They will be shooting in australia too.
Re: Hailee Steinfeld Talks More of the 2018 Bumblebee Movie (1889038)
Posted by SlyTF1 on June 12th, 2017 @ 11:12pm CDT
I wish they'd film in DC again, or at least somewhere near VA. I just want to watch them film the movie. I went to see DOTM when they were filming in DC, but I got there a day late, and all they were doing was filming that one shot of the pillar floating above the water at the Lincoln Memorial. I did get to see the vehicles, and I actually touched Optimus, but that was it.
Re: Hailee Steinfeld Talks More of the 2018 Bumblebee Movie (1889091)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on June 13th, 2017 @ 5:38am CDT
"It's expected next year and, from the title, it's probably safe to assume it revolves around the yellow VW Beetle bot from the main films. "

VW Beetle? Tsk...
Re: Hailee Steinfeld Talks More of the 2018 Bumblebee Movie (1889094)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on June 13th, 2017 @ 6:55am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:

If it means we get to see an X-Wing Transformer, I'll have to talk to someone at paramount! :lol:
Re: Hailee Steinfeld Talks More of the 2018 Bumblebee Movie (1889110)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 13th, 2017 @ 8:22am CDT
EvasionModeBumblebee wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

So too will Lucas Arts, for the infringement of their IP. :-P
Re: Hailee Steinfeld Talks More of the 2018 Bumblebee Movie (1890737)
Posted by Va'al on June 20th, 2017 @ 6:22am CDT
After with the confirmation of Hailee Steinfeld for the Bumblebee spin-off movie from Paramount's Transformers series, we have more information on the time setting (confirmed as 1985) and general feel of the project, directly from producer Lorenzo Di Bonaventura. Check out some snippets below, and the full piece and video over on Collider!

Collider’s own Steve Weintraub recently spoke with producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura at the press day for The Last Knight, and he teased a distinctive film while confirming that Bumblebee will indeed take place in the 1980s:

“I know we’re doing a spinoff first in the Bumblebee movie, and that is a very distinctive departure from what you’ve been seeing so far… The objective of that movie is to develop more time with less robots in a way, and to go back to 1985 and go back to sort of the original heritage if you would of the Transformers. G1.”

[..]

As for the “less Transformers” line, di Bonaventura stresses the distinctiveness of Bumblebee, and just focusing on just one or two Transformers in the course of a film will be a very different kind of dynamic from the previous movies:

“There are dramatically less Transformers. We hired purposefully Travis Knight, who is a very distinct filmmaker. You can’t compete with Michael—you’re gonna lose. And also I think the audience wants something different all the time, let’s keep them interested. They’re gonna get a very emotionally complex story, a very tight story in terms of its location and in terms of its storytelling.”

[..]

“In fact it reminds me a little bit of Iron Giant years ago when I did that movie at Warner Bros. It just reminds me a little bit of that where it was very contained and yet it didn’t feel small.”
Re: Hailee Steinfeld Talks More of the 2018 Bumblebee Movie (1890834)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 20th, 2017 @ 12:38pm CDT
Re: Hailee Steinfeld Talks More of the 2018 Bumblebee Movie (1890836)
Posted by william-james88 on June 20th, 2017 @ 12:44pm CDT
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:If we're taking a somewhat Iron Giant view of this movie, i am excited. I loved Iron Giant

I cant watch that film anymore, I am afraid I will cry at the end as I did as a child. And I am too damn old to cry [-(

Superman

:-(
Re: Hailee Steinfeld Talks More of the 2018 Bumblebee Movie (1890840)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 20th, 2017 @ 12:52pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:

Superman

:-(

I am not a gun
Re: Hailee Steinfeld Talks More of the 2018 Bumblebee Movie (1890851)
Posted by Deadput on June 20th, 2017 @ 1:18pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:

Superman

:-(

The only kids film I still enjoy as much now as I did when I was a child.

It was a damn good film and I do wish more films would take after it.
Re: Hailee Steinfeld Talks More of the 2018 Bumblebee Movie (1890854)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 20th, 2017 @ 1:26pm CDT
Know who directed that movie? Brad Bird, whom I keep suggesting as a successor for Bay.
Re: Hailee Steinfeld Talks More of the 2018 Bumblebee Movie (1891996)
Posted by Va'al on June 23rd, 2017 @ 9:52pm CDT
With Transformers: The Last Knight reaching cinemas worldwide (mostly, does not apply in Japan and other regions) this weekend, we delve into the other movie in the Paramount Universe: Bumblebee! Courtesy of Screenrant and producer Lorenzo diBonaventura, we know that the movie starring Hailee Steinfeld will start shooting this August - with plans for a sixth movie in the linear series to *maybe* happen in 2019.

In our exclusive interview with Transformers: The Last Knight producer Di Bonaventura, the premiere blockbuster filmmaker told us that filming on Bumblebee will begin this August, followed by an expected theatrical release later next summer. Exclusive:

“Well we’re going to shoot a prequel actually, a Bumblebee movie, which starts in August, so next summer we’ll see a Bumblebee movie. And then we hope to have another Transformers movie the following summer.“

[...]

“Look, I always wait for the audience, because there’s an arrogance to getting ahead of your audience. When you do, you get punched. So we’ll wait each time. We’re planning a lot of movies, but you’ve got to have the audience’s support, because these movies are very expensive.“

There is a possibility that the studio is waiting for more information on box office performance for The Last Knight, not off to a great start as of yet. Read the whole piece here!
Re: Hailee Steinfeld Talks More of the 2018 Bumblebee Movie (1892023)
Posted by Stuartmaximus on June 24th, 2017 @ 12:35am CDT
Re: Hailee Steinfeld Talks More of the 2018 Bumblebee Movie (1892032)
Posted by Va'al on June 24th, 2017 @ 3:26am CDT
After the previous confirmation of the movie being set in the 1980s, producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura also teased Bumblebee's possible incarnation in the movie as the traditional G1 Volkswagen Beetle model - though obviously take it with as much salt as you can grab.

“You might even see a VW Bug,” Transformers producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura tells EW. “You never know.”

The producer also talked more about the story of the movie, and why now is the best time to work within the Paramount/Hasbro shared universe, name-dropping a couple of other toy franchises as he went.

“The interesting thing about doing a spin-off is it has to have some familiarity with the franchise, and then it has to have its own distinct qualities for it to stand on its own,” di Bonaventura says. After that, Paramount is trying to see if Transformers — and a few other Hasbro toy properties, like M.A.S.K. — can become part of an expanded universe.

Obviously, the Bumblebee film serves as a kind of prequel to the Bay movies.

“It’s the story of a 17-, 18-year-old girl who, through a series of events, she and Bumblebee find each other, and they make each other whole,” di Bonaventura said. “Bumblebee’s a very loving character. He’s got a lot of heart, so of course the idyllic life of these two is interrupted by the evil Decepticons. And how are they going to be able to deal with the problem without Optimus and without everybody else?”

The full piece can be found here, and is best served accompanied by this previous interview too!

Re: Hailee Steinfeld Talks More of the 2018 Bumblebee Movie (1892040)
Posted by Kurona on June 24th, 2017 @ 6:33am CDT
Stuartmaximus wrote:Anyone else thinkin that this movie will just be as bad as all the other live action TF ones? coz Bay's still involved in it in some capacity

Still, the movie could easily be as bad as the rest of them. But given that there is a new director and it's animated, it's the only one I have hope of being good.
Re: Hailee Steinfeld Talks More of the 2018 Bumblebee Movie (1892042)
Posted by Burn on June 24th, 2017 @ 6:58am CDT
Kurona wrote:In what way is Bay involved? There's a completely different director this time around and I doubt they'd get him for screenwriting or character design or anything. Even if he was there it's not like his presence poisons any chance of a movie being good -- the dude's not Pat Lee, he's just a director that has no new tricks up his sleeves.

If you haven't realised by now, people will blame Bay for anything he is even remotely associated with.

Look at the last two TMNT movies. They were panned by fans and he was blamed even though he was only a Producer. Not a Director, not a Writer, PRODUCER. But like always, the Bay-haters blamed him.

And with him lined up to be a Producer on the Bumblebee movie, he will once again shoulder the blame by those fanboys who need to seriously grow the hell up.
Re: Hailee Steinfeld Talks More of the 2018 Bumblebee Movie (1892044)
Posted by dragons on June 24th, 2017 @ 7:51am CDT
Well if people hate solo bumblebee movie bay can't take credit for this fans always wanted new director what's the saying be carful what you wish for fans cried about it over years now you got it wait and see if fans will hate or like this movie without bay involved in it
Re: Hailee Steinfeld Talks More of the 2018 Bumblebee Movie (1892046)
Posted by Desslok2201 on June 24th, 2017 @ 7:58am CDT
Peg-warmer: The Movie!

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Terri-Bull" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

Buy "Transformers thrilling 30 springer" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers-  Combiner Wars- Aerialbots (Superion)- Air Raid Skydive Firefly" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Series Action Figure: LG23 Galvatron" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Breakdown SEALED CW G1 Menasor Generations Stunticons" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Air Raid SEALED CW G1 Generations Superion Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron Soundblaster with Buzzsaw Figure MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Authentic Transformers Bombshell Combiner Wars" on EBAY