Happy 14th Anniversary Seibertron.com!!!

Happy 14th Anniversary Seibertron.com!!!

Thursday, June 26th, 2014 11:13am CDT

Categories: Site News, Event News
Posted by: Seibertron   Views: 27,095

It's hard to believe it's been 14 years, my fellow Seibertronians, since June 26th, 2000. That was the day that I launched Geocities.com/G1archive, which would become Seibertron.com just 3 short months later. Seibertron.com started out as a Transformers screen capture archive thanks to the release of various G1 episodes on VHS tapes from Rhino. Sometime around September 11th, 2001, our initial forums launched using the old UBB Boards. Since that time, our community has flourished and continues to grow.

The past 14 years here on Seibertron.como has brought many of us together as friends (and some would even say as a family), helped many fans find that elusive toy that has evaded their collections, provided a wealth of knowledge to all of us over the years thanks to the amazing volunteer staff and our regular contributors, and has been a regular source of entertainment in various ways. I look back at the last 14 years and think about how much has changed in our world and with the Transformers fandom since then, and I can't help wonder what the next 14 years will bring.

Thanks to all of you who have made Seibertron.com your online Transformers home. I'm using tonight's premiere of Transformers Age of Extinction to celebrate Seibertron.com's 14th Anniversary with a few of my closest friends. I hope many of you will also get together with your friends and family and enjoy yet another iteration of the Transformers brand that has brought us all together.

And on that note ... transform and roll out, my fellow Seibertronians!

Transformers News: Happy 14th Anniversary Seibertron.com!!!

Re: Happy 14th Anniversary Seibertron.com!!! (1585935)
Posted by RhA on June 26th, 2014 @ 11:15am CDT
Congratulations, Ryan. This is one of my favorite sites.
Re: Happy 14th Anniversary Seibertron.com!!! (1585937)
Posted by steve2275 on June 26th, 2014 @ 11:19am CDT
hooray for 14 years :grin: :D :DANCE: :BOWDOWN:
Re: Happy 14th Anniversary Seibertron.com!!! (1585941)
Posted by Mkall on June 26th, 2014 @ 11:40am CDT
Congratulations Seibertron!
Re: Happy 14th Anniversary Seibertron.com!!! (1585946)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on June 26th, 2014 @ 11:51am CDT

I do miss the screen caps, though. (Unless you have them and I just can't see them...?)
Re: Happy 14th Anniversary Seibertron.com!!! (1585947)
Posted by Seibertron on June 26th, 2014 @ 11:53am CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:Yeah, it's hard to believe. :lol: And I've been around all but a few months of it! (I actually joined in early 2001, despite what the current sign-up date says. Thanks, multiple board crashes! :D Those were the days...

Screen caps are on my list of things to return to at a later date. They've been MIA after a couple of server crashes took them out. You probably won't miss the original images anyways since they were 320x240 instead of the high res images we are used to today that would be 1980 pixels wide. :D
Re: Happy 14th Anniversary Seibertron.com!!! (1585950)
Posted by mooncake623 on June 26th, 2014 @ 11:57am CDT
Congratulations!
Re: Happy 14th Anniversary Seibertron.com!!! (1585953)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on June 26th, 2014 @ 12:00pm CDT
Happy birthday to one of my favorite sites, and congratulations! :D :D
Re: Happy 14th Anniversary Seibertron.com!!! (1585954)
Posted by leokearon on June 26th, 2014 @ 12:03pm CDT
Congratulations and here's to the next 14 years

Re: Happy 14th Anniversary Seibertron.com!!! (1585959)
Posted by ScoutBumblebee on June 26th, 2014 @ 12:12pm CDT
Happy birthday, Seibertron! It's a pleasure to participate in this site. Thanks for all you do, Seibertron (the guy)! :grin:
Re: Happy 14th Anniversary Seibertron.com!!! (1585961)
Posted by Black Bumblebee on June 26th, 2014 @ 12:14pm CDT
Re: Happy 14th Anniversary Seibertron.com!!! (1585963)
Posted by Seibertron on June 26th, 2014 @ 12:17pm CDT
Black Bumblebee wrote:So, when are you going to bring back the "Before there was Carly..." section, eh? (I kid, I kid...)

Unfortunately, "Before Carly There Was ..." section won't ever return. :(

Humorously enough though, the section is still on the site, just in a hidden directory along with all of those old UK comic scans that were long since removed from public viewing. :D
Re: Happy 14th Anniversary Seibertron.com!!! (1585965)
Posted by No One on June 26th, 2014 @ 12:17pm CDT
hAppy bDay *<{8O)
Re: Happy 14th Anniversary Seibertron.com!!! (1585966)
Posted by Dead Metal on June 26th, 2014 @ 12:23pm CDT
Congratulations!
:D
Re: Happy 14th Anniversary Seibertron.com!!! (1585968)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on June 26th, 2014 @ 12:25pm CDT
Im glad to say ive been using this site almost since day one, this was my main stop to snag TF screen caps back in the day. Congrats on 14 years and cant wait to see what happens in the next 14
Re: Happy 14th Anniversary Seibertron.com!!! (1585969)
Posted by Lord Madhammer on June 26th, 2014 @ 12:26pm CDT
Hey guys, just wanted to stop by to say congratulations. Love the site, I check it daily.
Re: Happy 14th Anniversary Seibertron.com!!! (1585976)
Posted by Gallifreyan Autobot on June 26th, 2014 @ 12:55pm CDT
Happy birthday greetings from me :D :lol:
Re: Happy 14th Anniversary Seibertron.com!!! (1585981)
Posted by Va'al on June 26th, 2014 @ 1:11pm CDT
Well done to you, to us and everyone involved! :D
Re: Happy 14th Anniversary Seibertron.com!!! (1585982)
Posted by welcometothedarksyde on June 26th, 2014 @ 1:11pm CDT
Here's to another 14 years then! Pretty convenient that the age of the website is pretty much just the last two digits of the AD year :-?

Seibertron wrote:

Unfortunately, "Before Carly There Was ..." section won't ever return. :(

What exactly is "Before Carly?"
Re: Happy 14th Anniversary Seibertron.com!!! (1585983)
Posted by Fuhzimota on June 26th, 2014 @ 1:12pm CDT
:APPLAUSE: Thanks Ryan, for allowing all the rest of us make your little corner of the internet our online home. My brother began ranting about this great website he had stumbled across years ago, ran by fans like us. I was (and still am) impressed with community as a whole, as you said, it does feel like an extended family here. To this day, Seibertron is my first stop of the day on the good ol' interwebs, and I look forward to the next 14 years. :BOWDOWN: WRECKERS, COMBINE TO FORM - um, nevermind....
Re: Happy 14th Anniversary Seibertron.com!!! (1585986)
Posted by ScottyP on June 26th, 2014 @ 1:19pm CDT
How appropriate that it's on movie release day! Congrats, and I'm looking forward to the next many years to come :PEACE:

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Earthrise Trailbreaker Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Unopened Hasbro 1992 Transformers Generation 2 Decepticon Swindle" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Fall Of Cybertron Sideswipe Deluxe Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers TAKARA TOMY GENERATIONS DECEPTICON OUTCAST MAGNIFICUS From JP TGHB" on EBAY
Buy "2012 Transformers Generations Grimlock Fall of Cybertron" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS R.E.D. REFORMATTING MEGATRON WALMART EXCLUSIVE IN HAND" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Masterpiece Grimlock Generation 1 TOYS R US EXCLUSIVE MP-03!!!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers kingdom war for cybertron Trilogy  Rhinox. New!" on EBAY