Hasbro 2021 Investors Presentation On Now

Hasbro 2021 Investors Presentation On Now

Thursday, February 25th, 2021 9:46am CST

Categories: Event News, Company News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 23,223

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Right now, Hasbro is presenting their Virtual Investor Event which will outline how our differentiated advantage in play and entertainment is Supercharging Our Brand Blueprint and creating opportunities for growth.


The event is hosted by Brian Goldner, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer and Deborah Thomas, Chief Financial Officer, and will feature senior leaders from the Company’s consumer products, entertainment and Wizards of the Coast businesses.


Event Details:
Title: Hasbro 2021 Virtual Investor Event: Supercharging the Brand Blueprint
Date: Thursday, February 25, 2021
Time: 10:00AM ET
Duration: Approximately 2.5 hours, including Q&A

Watch HERE


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: Hasbro 2021 Investors Presentation On Now (2096527)
Posted by william-james88 on February 25th, 2021 @ 9:18pm CST
There was a lot of entertainment news related to Transformers in today's investor conference from Hasbro. No less than 5 projects are currently in development and they were all talked about at the 1:30 mark of the conference. We reported on the Botbots TV show on Netflix, the new Animated TV show on nickelodeon and we all know there will be a third part to the War on Cybertron Trilogy show on Netflix called Kingdom.

Along with those 3 shows, Hasbro is currently making 2 feature length films at the same time and here are all the details that were given.

One film will be live action set for release in summer 2022 "with a fresh vision that will launch a new trajectory for the franchise". The director is Steven Caple Jr who directed Creed 2, Lorenzo di Bonaventura will be producing and Steven Spielberg will be one of the executive producers.

The other feature length film will be animated and that one will be directed by Josh Cooley, who directed Toy Story 4.

Image
Re: Hasbro 2021 Investors Presentation On Now (2096543)
Posted by SkyFire Prime on February 25th, 2021 @ 10:43pm CST
Hate that guy
Re: Hasbro 2021 Investors Presentation On Now (2096548)
Posted by jtanimator on February 26th, 2021 @ 12:12am CST
No. No. No. No. NO. nO. No. n0o. N0oO. NO!!! NO!!!!!!! NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I’ve had it. I’ve had it with this terrible terrible producer. He is an untalented, inconsiderate, ignorant Hollywood puppet who doesn’t know TWO SH*TS about Transformers. If you don’t know what I’m talking about, look up any interview of him, or any quote from him concerning his opinions on the transformers movies, and you’ll very soon see how much HE was the root of every transformers movie problem until the present day, I’d argue even more than Michael bay. MOST of the BS nonsense that was shoehorned into the bayverse movies was due to this idiot. There are very few people I have such little respect and so much hate for. Why? Why would they drag HIM back into the picture RIGHT When this franchise has the potential to be something good again? I hate to sound like a pessimist, but with this one simple announcement, I have momentarily lost literally all hope for any upcoming transformers films. Until this man is wiped from the face of Transformers media, I will not see a hopeful ray of light again.
Re: Hasbro 2021 Investors Presentation On Now (2096559)
Posted by Dead Metal on February 26th, 2021 @ 2:47am CST
william-james88 wrote:
Lorenzo di Bonaventura will be producing.

Oh no...
william-james88 wrote:
The other feature length film will be animated and that one will be directed by Josh Cooley, who directed Toy Story 4.

Oh no, that's the worst and most unnecessary Toy Story...
Re: Hasbro 2021 Investors Presentation On Now (2096562)
Posted by ZeroWolf on February 26th, 2021 @ 3:39am CST
I see a lot of hate for poor Lorenzo but wasn't he also the producer for Bumblebee? The best regarded Transformers film?
Re: Hasbro 2021 Investors Presentation On Now (2096565)
Posted by Dead Metal on February 26th, 2021 @ 4:15am CST
ZeroWolf wrote:I see a lot of hate for poor Lorenzo but wasn't he also the producer for Bumblebee? The best regarded Transformers film?

He and Bay were attached as Producers, from when the Movie was still supposed to be a Prequel to the previous Live Action Movie franchise and before the reshoots and new direction.
Most of the stuff that made the movie good are actually reshoots and changes included after the test screening and Paramount getting scared of another flop.
So it's unlikely that he had anything to do with why it's liked.
Re: Hasbro 2021 Investors Presentation On Now (2096567)
Posted by Burn on February 26th, 2021 @ 5:05am CST
Producers don't really do much. Just look at Don Murphy.
Re: Hasbro 2021 Investors Presentation On Now (2096570)
Posted by SkyFire Prime on February 26th, 2021 @ 6:12am CST
jtanimator wrote:No. No. No. No. NO. nO. No. n0o. N0oO. NO!!! NO!!!!!!! NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I’ve had it. I’ve had it with this terrible terrible producer. He is an untalented, inconsiderate, ignorant Hollywood puppet who doesn’t know TWO SH*TS about Transformers. If you don’t know what I’m talking about, look up any interview of him, or any quote from him concerning his opinions on the transformers movies, and you’ll very soon see how much HE was the root of every transformers movie problem until the present day, I’d argue even more than Michael bay. MOST of the BS nonsense that was shoehorned into the bayverse movies was due to this idiot. There are very few people I have such little respect and so much hate for. Why? Why would they drag HIM back into the picture RIGHT When this franchise has the potential to be something good again? I hate to sound like a pessimist, but with this one simple announcement, I have momentarily lost literally all hope for any upcoming transformers films. Until this man is wiped from the face of Transformers media, I will not see a hopeful ray of light again.


This, he's like Kathleen Kennedy...
Re: Hasbro 2021 Investors Presentation On Now (2096574)
Posted by griftimus prime on February 26th, 2021 @ 7:30am CST
summer 2022

sure
Re: Hasbro 2021 Investors Presentation On Now (2096581)
Posted by TulioDude on February 26th, 2021 @ 9:06am CST
ZeroWolf wrote:I see a lot of hate for poor Lorenzo but wasn't he also the producer for Bumblebee? The best regarded Transformers film?

This. ;)^

Image
Re: Hasbro 2021 Investors Presentation On Now (2096600)
Posted by william-james88 on February 26th, 2021 @ 2:20pm CST
SkyFire Prime wrote:
This, he's like Kathleen Kennedy...


She did eventually give us the very best Star wars we have ever gotten since the originals. It just took 4 years.
Re: Hasbro 2021 Investors Presentation On Now (2096604)
Posted by First-Aid on February 26th, 2021 @ 3:58pm CST
Burn wrote:Producers don't really do much. Just look at Don Murphy.


Producers are responsible for the financial backing and distribution of the product. That's about it. They try to attach themselves to products, not because they necessarily like them, but because they will make money. If he's on board, I suspect there is money to be made.
Re: Hasbro 2021 Investors Presentation On Now (2096618)
Posted by william-james88 on February 26th, 2021 @ 5:32pm CST
First-Aid wrote:
Burn wrote:Producers don't really do much. Just look at Don Murphy.


Producers are responsible for the financial backing and distribution of the product. That's about it.

Not true, not in the least bit. If producers had nothing to do with the final product content wise, then there would be no such thing as a director's cut.
Re: Hasbro 2021 Investors Presentation On Now (2096626)
Posted by Primus444 on February 26th, 2021 @ 6:37pm CST
Looks like we're slipping back into the Dark Ages. Nice knowing you boys. Get ready for shitty human characters and excessive explosions! :-(
Re: Hasbro 2021 Investors Presentation On Now (2096627)
Posted by First-Aid on February 26th, 2021 @ 6:44pm CST
Excessive explosions? No such thing
Re: Hasbro 2021 Investors Presentation On Now (2096664)
Posted by YoungPrime on February 27th, 2021 @ 12:23pm CST
Oh, so di Bonaventura is back to producing live action TF films. I'm sold!



....Sold on not even watching his crap after a Sunday afternoon Football game on SYFY Channel 4 years after its initial release.
Re: Hasbro 2021 Investors Presentation On Now (2096677)
Posted by ZeroWolf on February 27th, 2021 @ 1:37pm CST
YoungPrime wrote:Oh, so di Bonaventura is back to producing live action TF films. I'm sold!



....Sold on not even watching his crap after a Sunday afternoon Football game on SYFY Channel 4 years after its initial release.

He never left to be fair.
Re: Hasbro 2021 Investors Presentation On Now (2096679)
Posted by First-Aid on February 27th, 2021 @ 2:09pm CST
ZeroWolf wrote:
YoungPrime wrote:Oh, so di Bonaventura is back to producing live action TF films. I'm sold!



....Sold on not even watching his crap after a Sunday afternoon Football game on SYFY Channel 4 years after its initial release.

He never left to be fair.


So here's his list of movies:

Constantine
FOur Brothers
Doom
Derailed
Shooter
1408
Transformers
Stardust
Imagine That
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
GI Joe: The Rise of Cobra
Salt
Red
Transformers Dark of the Moon
The Devil Inside
Man on a Ledge
The Last Stand
GI Joe: Retaliation
Red 2
Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit
Transformers: Age of Extinction
Electric Slide
Deepwater Horizon
Transformers The Last Night
Kidnap
Unlocked
American Assassin
Only the Brave
The Meg
Higher Power
Replicas
Bumbleebee
Pet Sematary
The Secrets We Keep
GI Joe Origins: Snake Eyes
Infinite
The Plane

Seems to me there are a few clunkers there. Seems to me there are a few really good films on there (Constantine, Red Red 2). I think people are giving the producer way more credit than is deserved. The one constant on the TF movies besides di Bonventura- until Bumblebee, that is- was Michael Bay, who is an "eye candy" director.

"A producer is the person responsible for finding and launching a project; arranging financing; hiring writers, a director, and key members of the creative team; and overseeing all elements of pre-production, production and post-production, right up to release. A film producer is a person who oversees film production. Either employed by a production company or working independently, producers plan and coordinate various aspects of film production, such as selecting the script; coordinating writing, directing, editing; and arranging financing. "

I think the key words in there are "plan and coordinate". Do they have a say? probably. Do they have FINAL say? Probably not. Is there some responsibility? Yes. Is it all on him? No. Like I said, both Red and Red 2 were good movies. I enjoyed Constantine a lot and thought it was underrated. Do I give him credit? Partially. Do I give him more credit than the director and editors and writers? No. He HIRED them. Then they did their thing.

I think everyone is overreacting. Like it was pointed out recently, the Bumblebee movie was one of his productions and it was a thoroughly enjoyable, fun, movie, and well-regarded by the fandom. So, I suggest everyone pump the brakes a bit and wait to see what the new directors (and Hasbro) can come up with for further Transformers movies before stringing him up in a noose.
Re: Hasbro 2021 Investors Presentation On Now (2096695)
Posted by YoungPrime on February 27th, 2021 @ 5:41pm CST
First-Aid wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:
YoungPrime wrote:Oh, so di Bonaventura is back to producing live action TF films. I'm sold!



....Sold on not even watching his crap after a Sunday afternoon Football game on SYFY Channel 4 years after its initial release.

He never left to be fair.


So here's his list of movies:

Constantine
FOur Brothers
Doom
Derailed
Shooter
1408
Transformers
Stardust
Imagine That
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
GI Joe: The Rise of Cobra
Salt
Red
Transformers Dark of the Moon
The Devil Inside
Man on a Ledge
The Last Stand
GI Joe: Retaliation
Red 2
Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit
Transformers: Age of Extinction
Electric Slide
Deepwater Horizon
Transformers The Last Night
Kidnap
Unlocked
American Assassin
Only the Brave
The Meg
Higher Power
Replicas
Bumbleebee
Pet Sematary
The Secrets We Keep
GI Joe Origins: Snake Eyes
Infinite
The Plane

Seems to me there are a few clunkers there. Seems to me there are a few really good films on there (Constantine, Red Red 2). I think people are giving the producer way more credit than is deserved. The one constant on the TF movies besides di Bonventura- until Bumblebee, that is- was Michael Bay, who is an "eye candy" director.

"A producer is the person responsible for finding and launching a project; arranging financing; hiring writers, a director, and key members of the creative team; and overseeing all elements of pre-production, production and post-production, right up to release. A film producer is a person who oversees film production. Either employed by a production company or working independently, producers plan and coordinate various aspects of film production, such as selecting the script; coordinating writing, directing, editing; and arranging financing. "

I think the key words in there are "plan and coordinate". Do they have a say? probably. Do they have FINAL say? Probably not. Is there some responsibility? Yes. Is it all on him? No. Like I said, both Red and Red 2 were good movies. I enjoyed Constantine a lot and thought it was underrated. Do I give him credit? Partially. Do I give him more credit than the director and editors and writers? No. He HIRED them. Then they did their thing.

I think everyone is overreacting. Like it was pointed out recently, the Bumblebee movie was one of his productions and it was a thoroughly enjoyable, fun, movie, and well-regarded by the fandom. So, I suggest everyone pump the brakes a bit and wait to see what the new directors (and Hasbro) can come up with for further Transformers movies before stringing him up in a noose.

.........Was this suppose to change my opinion, because my post wasn't meant to change yours or anyone else's. So support him as much as you want. For me I'm sure I'll be busy watching paint dry when this next project releases. ;)^
Re: Hasbro 2021 Investors Presentation On Now (2096699)
Posted by First-Aid on February 27th, 2021 @ 6:16pm CST
Eeep. Double post.

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Six Shot and Decepticon Revolver" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Slugslinger and Caliburst" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Wreck-Gar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Dead End Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #274 - Pulse Fan Fest 2021
Twincast / Podcast #274:
"Pulse Fan Fest 2021"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, April 18th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers 2016 Platinum Edition Armada of Cyclonus Scourge Sweep 3 Pack" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Nemesis Prime" on EBAY
Buy "G1 Transformers Whirl 100% Complete with accessories" on EBAY
Buy "Mr Potato Head Mixable Mashable Optimus Prime Transformers - COMPLETE NO BOX" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction High Octane Bumblebee complete AOE" on EBAY
Buy "Bumblebee Roar and Rescue 100% Complete Rescan Rescue Bots Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Mr Potato Head Bumblebee Complete Mixable Mashable Heroes Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Blades the Rescue Dinobot Roar 100% Complete Mini Dinos Rescue Bots Transformers" on EBAY