Hasbro Applies for 2 New Trademarks: "Cybertron" and "Movie Edition"

Transformers News: Hasbro Applies for 2 New Trademarks: "Cybertron" and "Movie Edition"

Monday, September 25th, 2017 11:06AM CDT

Categories: Live Action Movie News, Company News
Posted by: D-Maximus_Prime   Views: 12,665

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Hasbro has recently applied for 2 new trademarks, each associated with a different category that has been in the Transformers news recently.

The first trademark is for "Cybertron", which is related to the new Transformers: Cyberverse series and trademarks that have been discussed over the past few months. For those curious, the Cyberverse trademark is still active, and the application for the Cybertron trademark is specifically mentioned as being related to the Cyberverse trademark.

The second trademark is something new, and is applied for under the name "Movie Edition." What this means we do not know, but as the trademark is filed for the toys category, we can guess that this is meant to be a potential new Transformers line dealing with Movie-verse characters. We will need to keep an eye on this development, but feel free to speculate below what this new trademark could mean! The logo for the trademark was also included in the description.

Trademark Name: CYBERTRON
Trademark ID: 87616073
Filed Date: Sep. 23, 2017
Owner: Hasbro, Inc.
Related Properties Information: Cyberverse
Trademark Description: Toy action figures, toy vehicles and toy robots convertible into other visual toy forms.


Trademark Name: MOVIE EDITION
Trademark ID: 87616053
Filed Date: Sep. 23, 2017
Owner: Hasbro, Inc.
Trademark Description: Toy action figures, toy vehicles and toy robots convertible into other visual toy forms


Transformers News: Hasbro Applies for 2 New Trademarks: "Cybertron" and "Movie Edition"
Credit(s): United States Patent and Trademark Office
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Hasbro Applies for 2 New Trademarks: "Cybertron" and "Movie Edition" (1912737)
Posted by D-Maximus_Prime on September 25th, 2017 @ 11:07am CDT
I really hope we get a subline that is centered around movie characters. It would be so cool to have that line that could choose characters from the past 10 years and make new toys of them.
Re: Hasbro Applies for 2 New Trademarks: "Cybertron" and "Movie Edition" (1912778)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on September 25th, 2017 @ 12:31pm CDT
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:I really hope we get a subline that is centered around movie characters. It would be so cool to have that line that could choose characters from the past 10 years and make new toys of them.




That's what I'm hoping for. New Deluxe Jazz would be high on my list. I'd still like all new toys representing new characters in movie-style too.
Re: Hasbro Applies for 2 New Trademarks: "Cybertron" and "Movie Edition" (1912782)
Posted by D-Maximus_Prime on September 25th, 2017 @ 12:35pm CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:I really hope we get a subline that is centered around movie characters. It would be so cool to have that line that could choose characters from the past 10 years and make new toys of them.

That's what I'm hoping for. New Deluxe Jazz would be high on my list. I'd still like all new toys representing new characters in movie-style too.

Oh fully agreed there! New Jazz, voyager Bonecrusher, leader Blackout, things like that. I hope this is actually what happens with this line, and it's not just a subline that the Bee movie will fall under and use
Re: Hasbro Applies for 2 New Trademarks: "Cybertron" and "Movie Edition" (1912786)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on September 25th, 2017 @ 1:00pm CDT
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
Carnivius_Prime wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:I really hope we get a subline that is centered around movie characters. It would be so cool to have that line that could choose characters from the past 10 years and make new toys of them.

That's what I'm hoping for. New Deluxe Jazz would be high on my list. I'd still like all new toys representing new characters in movie-style too.

Oh fully agreed there! New Jazz, voyager Bonecrusher, leader Blackout, things like that. I hope this is actually what happens with this line, and it's not just a subline that the Bee movie will fall under and use



Yeah poor Bonecrusher still looking kinda pathetic as a deluxe toy in an upcoming re-release. Not sure if a Leader Blackout is financially viable without him being in a new film cos he'd be expensive to produce, purchase and take up a fair bit of shelf space in stores but who knows?

Confused as to why no mini-dinobot toys. I figured their reason for existence was to sell cute lil figures. Maybe not as full price things but as extras with Deluxes like how AoE had Evolution two packs of figures with an AoE toy and a smaller older non-movie toy connected to the movie toy in some way like movie Bee having a G1 legends Bee. May have been more incentive to buy some of those shelf-warming TLK Grimlocks if you got a cute little mini-Grimlock t-rex as well. I was still waiting for that figure to go cheap as I like the silver look but already have AoE Grims. Anyways I'm probably right off topic there. But yes more movie toys please. It's my absolute main reason for even buying Transformers. :)
Re: Hasbro Applies for 2 New Trademarks: "Cybertron" and "Movie Edition" (1912814)
Posted by SnoopDawg on September 25th, 2017 @ 3:06pm CDT
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
Carnivius_Prime wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:I really hope we get a subline that is centered around movie characters. It would be so cool to have that line that could choose characters from the past 10 years and make new toys of them.

That's what I'm hoping for. New Deluxe Jazz would be high on my list. I'd still like all new toys representing new characters in movie-style too.

Oh fully agreed there! New Jazz, voyager Bonecrusher, leader Blackout, things like that. I hope this is actually what happens with this line, and it's not just a subline that the Bee movie will fall under and use


Man, I really hope that all of this speculating magically becomes true. I wanted to collect the movie toys from the new movie but I stopped after getting voyager Prime. If there is a new model for Ironhide or Ratchet, I am definitely in!
Re: Hasbro Applies for 2 New Trademarks: "Cybertron" and "Movie Edition" (1912867)
Posted by Ig89ninja on September 25th, 2017 @ 9:14pm CDT
...Does nobody else remember the rumor images of possible new movie molds
Re: Hasbro Applies for 2 New Trademarks: "Cybertron" and "Movie Edition" (1912889)
Posted by Budder Prime on September 25th, 2017 @ 11:24pm CDT
I'm hoping this will be Like the TF2010 Line, Heres hoping for an Onslaught figure.
Re: Hasbro Applies for 2 New Trademarks: "Cybertron" and "Movie Edition" (1912902)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on September 26th, 2017 @ 1:58am CDT
Ig89ninja wrote:...Does nobody else remember the rumor images of possible new movie molds



Yeah but i hadn't seen anything of it for a while so thought maybe someone had confirmed those fake or something and i hadn't seen.
Re: Hasbro Applies for 2 New Trademarks: "Cybertron" and "Movie Edition" (1912934)
Posted by Budder Prime on September 26th, 2017 @ 8:49am CDT
Ig89ninja wrote:...Does nobody else remember the rumor images of possible new movie molds

Are you reffering to the fake Last Knight ToysRus leak that showed an Onslaught figure? if so, I believe that was fake.
Re: Hasbro Applies for 2 New Trademarks: "Cybertron" and "Movie Edition" (1912939)
Posted by Ig89ninja on September 26th, 2017 @ 9:32am CDT
Budder Prime wrote:
Ig89ninja wrote:...Does nobody else remember the rumor images of possible new movie molds

Are you reffering to the fake Last Knight ToysRus leak that showed an Onslaught figure? if so, I believe that was fake.

I wasn't referring to that, I was referring to a few images that showcased new figures like blackout and stinger
Re: Hasbro Applies for 2 New Trademarks: "Cybertron" and "Movie Edition" (1912947)
Posted by Budder Prime on September 26th, 2017 @ 10:07am CDT
Ig89ninja wrote:
Budder Prime wrote:
Ig89ninja wrote:...Does nobody else remember the rumor images of possible new movie molds

Are you reffering to the fake Last Knight ToysRus leak that showed an Onslaught figure? if so, I believe that was fake.

I wasn't referring to that, I was referring to a few images that showcased new figures like blackout and stinger




You mean this?
Re: Hasbro Applies for 2 New Trademarks: "Cybertron" and "Movie Edition" (1912956)
Posted by Ig89ninja on September 26th, 2017 @ 10:55am CDT
Budder Prime wrote:
Ig89ninja wrote:
Budder Prime wrote:
Ig89ninja wrote:...Does nobody else remember the rumor images of possible new movie molds

Are you reffering to the fake Last Knight ToysRus leak that showed an Onslaught figure? if so, I believe that was fake.

I wasn't referring to that, I was referring to a few images that showcased new figures like blackout and stinger




You mean this?

Yes =P~
Re: Hasbro Applies for 2 New Trademarks: "Cybertron" and "Movie Edition" (1912957)
Posted by Budder Prime on September 26th, 2017 @ 11:09am CDT
Ig89ninja wrote:
Budder Prime wrote:
Ig89ninja wrote:
Budder Prime wrote:
Ig89ninja wrote:...Does nobody else remember the rumor images of possible new movie molds

Are you reffering to the fake Last Knight ToysRus leak that showed an Onslaught figure? if so, I believe that was fake.

I wasn't referring to that, I was referring to a few images that showcased new figures like blackout and stinger




You mean this?

Yes =P~


I think I'm looking forwards to this Line.
Re: Hasbro Applies for 2 New Trademarks: "Cybertron" and "Movie Edition" (1912964)
Posted by Ig89ninja on September 26th, 2017 @ 11:51am CDT
Budder Prime wrote:
Ig89ninja wrote:
Budder Prime wrote:
Ig89ninja wrote:
Budder Prime wrote:
Ig89ninja wrote:...Does nobody else remember the rumor images of possible new movie molds

Are you reffering to the fake Last Knight ToysRus leak that showed an Onslaught figure? if so, I believe that was fake.

I wasn't referring to that, I was referring to a few images that showcased new figures like blackout and stinger




You mean this?

Yes =P~


I think I'm looking forwards to this Line.

Same here, here's hoping we get a leader blackout and a voyager bonecrusher, and maybe an updated scorponok
Re: Hasbro Applies for 2 New Trademarks: "Cybertron" and "Movie Edition" (1913102)
Posted by Epsilon Delta on September 26th, 2017 @ 11:40pm CDT
Cybertron/Cyberverse? Could they be bringing back Unicron Trilogy Cybertron (Galaxy Force) toys as Cyberverse sized? I would love to get Optimus/Leobreaker/Wing Saber and Megatron/Nemesis Breaker/Galvatron that combine at Cyberverse sizes. Also they would keep their Cyber Planet key gimmicks. Love miniature figures. It would be like the Galaxy Convoy Hybrid Style toy without the die-cast (it's a lost art). The best TF Prime Megatron was the Cyberverse. And a Vector Prime. And since I have the deluxe Cybertron Starscream, he can be my giant Starscream. And a Velocitron Planet hot wheels style race track with motor to make them zoom since that's about the size they would be anyways... This is going to be awesome... Wait what..? You mean it's not that... But my dreams, my plans, my Metroplex... I'll just go back to my make believe world again.
Transformers products from AMAZON

Featured Products

Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
You save: 29%
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Legends Class Skrapnel" on AMAZON
You save: 23%
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Six Shot and Decepticon Revolver" on AMAZON
You save: 23%
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Voyager Class Megatron" on AMAZON
You save: 17%
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Fortress Maximus" on AMAZON
You save: 16%
Buy "Transformers Gen Leader Overlord Robot" on AMAZON
You save: 15%
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #190 - Spacebridge Sunset Boulevard
Twincast / Podcast #190:
"Spacebridge Sunset Boulevard"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, December 3rd, 2017
Transformers products from EBAY

Items Ending Soon