Hasbro Asia to Reissue Masterpiece Soundwave in December 2016

Hasbro Asia to Reissue Masterpiece Soundwave in December 2016

Tuesday, August 16th, 2016 10:04am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 38,967

Have any of you missed out on Masterpiece Soundwave? If yes then we have some good news for you. The Hasbro version, which includes all the accessories and 5 cassettes (no Ratbat), is getting reissued in December through Hasbro Asia. This is the very same kind of reissue we had with Hasbro's Masterpiece Optimus Prime. While this toy will only be available in Taiwan at retail, most online importers will also be stocking him, making him easier to purchase by anyone outside of Asia. Just as Optimus came with an extra accessory (the Key to vector Sigma), this Soundwave reissue will come with Mini Die Cast made cassette player (2 x 3 x 1 cm). This news comes from the official Transformers Asia Facebook page.

Here is the info provided along with an image of the product:

Hasbro Masterpiece MP-02 Soundwave Reissue
Available to : Taiwan
Bonus: Mini Die Cast made cassette player (2 x 3 x 1 cm)
Release Date : Dec 2016

Transformers News: Hasbro Asia to Reissue Masterpiece Soundwave in December 2016

Credit(s): transformersasia

Re: Hasbro Asia to Reissue Masterpiece Soundwave in December 2016 (1815684)
Posted by Omega-Doom on August 16th, 2016 @ 10:31am CDT
Oh goodie. :APPLAUSE:
Re: Hasbro Asia to Reissue Masterpiece Soundwave in December 2016 (1815689)
Posted by Evil Eye on August 16th, 2016 @ 10:45am CDT
Re: Hasbro Asia to Reissue Masterpiece Soundwave in December 2016 (1815691)
Posted by paul053 on August 16th, 2016 @ 10:48am CDT
Great news! ;)^
Re: Hasbro Asia to Reissue Masterpiece Soundwave in December 2016 (1815692)
Posted by william-james88 on August 16th, 2016 @ 10:49am CDT
Delta Magnus wrote:I wish Takara would reissue him themselves- from what I hear Hasbro MPs tend to have somewhat wonky QC compared to their Japanese counterparts. Also red eyes vs yellow and the like.

Takara already reissued him though, and whats not fun about that is that Takara only issue Sounwave with Lazerbeak, and you always have to buy the casettes seperately.

And I never heard of bad QC for Hasbro's Soundwave. I have the most recent version of that mold, the clear plasic YOTG one, and it is of perfect quality.
Re: Hasbro Asia to Reissue Masterpiece Soundwave in December 2016 (1815695)
Posted by Omega-Doom on August 16th, 2016 @ 10:51am CDT

Personal preference I guess.
Re: Hasbro Asia to Reissue Masterpiece Soundwave in December 2016 (1815720)
Posted by nycPrime on August 16th, 2016 @ 11:41am CDT
Re: Hasbro Asia to Reissue Masterpiece Soundwave in December 2016 (1815723)
Posted by william-james88 on August 16th, 2016 @ 11:44am CDT
nycPrime wrote:What awesome news! I'm totally getting this since I missed out on all the others. Any idea what this may go for?

I am thinking 150 or lower. Thats how much Prime was. The original release was 125 for Soundwave, I think so I do expect a bit more than that, but not that much more.
Re: Hasbro Asia to Reissue Masterpiece Soundwave in December 2016 (1815802)
Posted by shajaki on August 16th, 2016 @ 1:55pm CDT
I'm so F :michaelbay: 'ing happy about this.

I had Takarawave and cassettes already when he was released, and NOT collecting all the Hasbropieces, so I passed on this yellow eyed beauty. Saw him in stores multiple times, even carried him around once debating internally. No matter what price he is, it has to be better than current aftermarket prices the bugger commands.
Re: Hasbro Asia to Reissue Masterpiece Soundwave in December 2016 (1815850)
Posted by Emerje on August 16th, 2016 @ 2:45pm CDT

Emerje
Re: Hasbro Asia to Reissue Masterpiece Soundwave in December 2016 (1815854)
Posted by Optimizzy on August 16th, 2016 @ 2:49pm CDT
uh yeah...but at what cost? $190?
Re: Hasbro Asia to Reissue Masterpiece Soundwave in December 2016 (1815856)
Posted by william-james88 on August 16th, 2016 @ 2:50pm CDT
Its so interesting how the YOTG Soundwave actually has a red visor even though its issued by hasbro.
Re: Hasbro Asia to Reissue Masterpiece Soundwave in December 2016 (1815886)
Posted by HauntedRobot on August 16th, 2016 @ 3:23pm CDT
Pulled the trigger on an MP-13 Soundwave not a week gone. :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Hasbro Asia to Reissue Masterpiece Soundwave in December 2016 (1815918)
Posted by SteveGo on August 16th, 2016 @ 4:23pm CDT
Would make for a great X-mas gift...for me! :D
Re: Hasbro Asia to Reissue Masterpiece Soundwave in December 2016 (1816025)
Posted by beloth on August 17th, 2016 @ 1:25am CDT
great,

My wallet is going to get pounded yet again.
Re: Hasbro Asia to Reissue Masterpiece Soundwave in December 2016 (1816081)
Posted by Hydrargyrus on August 17th, 2016 @ 9:47am CDT
Re: Hasbro Asia to Reissue Masterpiece Soundwave in December 2016 (1816167)
Posted by fenrir72 on August 17th, 2016 @ 1:52pm CDT
I hope this doesn't have the MP Grimlock re-issue syndrome of lower plastic quality. It is just not fair to those who haven't gotten one yet.
Re: Hasbro Asia to Reissue Masterpiece Soundwave in December 2016 (1816252)
Posted by beloth on August 17th, 2016 @ 9:50pm CDT
MagicDeath wrote:I will definitely attempt to purchase this. I promised myself I wouldn't buy a Masterpiece unless it was absolutely awesome. Here he is.

yeah i have never owned any of the MP tfs either...on a random day i placed a bid on ebay for all the clear cassettes that came with the the year of the goat? soundwave.....

and for $20ish in cost i have to say these are pretty awesome transformers compared to the G1 cassettes.

If that soumdwave is less than $200 i will try to get him also.

:KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK:
Re: Hasbro Asia to Reissue Masterpiece Soundwave in December 2016 (1816258)
Posted by william-james88 on August 17th, 2016 @ 10:03pm CDT
beloth wrote:

Glad to meet fellow Lena fan :)
Re: Hasbro Asia to Reissue Masterpiece Soundwave in December 2016 (1816260)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on August 17th, 2016 @ 10:05pm CDT
Emerje wrote:I might get him if the price is good, I have Soundblaster, but not Soundwave. I had passed on the original Takara Tomy Soundwave release because at the time I wasn't sure where the MP line was going and if it was something I would want to collect and only had Hasbro's original Optimus Prime and Skywarp plus TT's Megatron. When I did decide to collect MPs (not long after) I pre-ordered the tapes and hoped TT would do a reissue. When the Hasbro Soundwave first came out I already had the tapes, but it didn't really matter since he never really stayed on the TRU website for long. When TT finally reissued Soundwave it was at a time when money was just too tight to justify buying so I had to pass again. I would honestly prefer Takara Tomy do a third reissue because I think the red visor would look better with the other more cartoon accurate MPs, but I don't know if I want to take the chance.

Emerje
For anyone who's forgotten, there was one cassette that had a HUGE deco difference between the TT 2-packs and this Hasbro set: Frenzy.

Takara's Frenzy is colored blue like Frenzy's G1 toy, making him a great representation of Marvel Frenzy, which is important enough to me that bought him and Buzzsaw even after I got this big box 3 years ago. Well, I bought the leftover-part KO 2-pack. And Frenzy had 2 of the same gun. You takes your chances. My wallet leads a stressful life too.

AHEM. My point is, the Hasbro version's "Frenzy" is blue and purple, making him look like Sunbow cartoon Rumble. Now bear in mind, I'm RIR/FIB until I die, but even I reflexively want to call that toy Rumble, necessitating the purchase of the Takara version.

My point is, if you need a toon-accurate Rumble, that might be your deciding factor on buying this box set, not Soundwave's eye-color. This release is a fine UK comic Soundwave, and I might get Takara Soundwave someday too. And a real TT Buzzsaw and Frenzy. Just not anytime soon, because we is getting too much of good things right now.
Re: Hasbro Asia to Reissue Masterpiece Soundwave in December 2016 (1816358)
Posted by Hydrargyrus on August 18th, 2016 @ 11:27am CDT
Bumblevivisector wrote:the Hasbro version's "Frenzy" is blue and purple, making him look like Sunbow cartoon Rumble.

That actually helps a lot, as I'm colorblind and didn't realize he was purple in the cartoon for a while.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Overboard Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 8 Newman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Apeface" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Blurr" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Voyager ASTROTRAIN Loose Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Chromedome COMPLETE, Great Condition" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Club Exclusive Rare - RUNAMUCK" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise FRACTURE One Step Changer" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Optimus Prime Steelbane Bumblebee Tiny Turbo Changers Target Exc" on EBAY
Buy "RARE Transformers The Last Knight Cyberfire COGMAN 1-Step Turbo Changer" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Cogman STUDIO SERIES # 39 DELUXE CLASS Brand New Sealed" on EBAY