Hasbro Consumer Affairs replacing Kreon Optimus Prime with Matrix

Hasbro Consumer Affairs replacing Kreon Optimus Prime with Matrix

Wednesday, July 13th, 2011 3:16pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Seibertron   Views: 45,494

For those of you who received the Matrix version of Kreon Optimus Prime with their Kre-O Optimus Prime purchase, but wish to have the regular version instead, this information is for you. Hasbro Consumer Affairs is exchanging the incorrectly packaged Matrix version that many fans received with their Kre-O Optimus Prime construction set.

Here's the process that you have to follow in order to have your Kreon Optimus Prime with Matrix replaced with the regular version:

1. Download the "replacement parts order form" for Kre-O Optimus Prime here: http://www.hasbro.com/kre-o/en_US/discover/replacement-parts.cfm

2. Print out the form.

3. Enter the quantity of Kreon Optimus Primes you need to have replaced (i.e. if you purchased multiple Kre-O Optimus Primes) and complete your mailing information.

4. Mail the form in. In my case, I included a photo of my UPC code.

5. After Hasbro Consumer Affairs receives your form, they will contact you via phone then email you a shipping label to return the incorrect item.

6. Ship the package to Hasbro Consumer Affairs using the label they provide.

I'm currently at step 6 as of today and am waiting for Hasbro to receive my incorrect items in order to ship me the replacement regular version of Kreon Optimus Prime. Once I receive the correct version of Kreon Optimus Prime, I will update this news post to inform all of you.

It is unknown how long Hasbro Consumer Affairs will offer this exchange. Please let us know if you have yours replaced and how long it took for you to receive the correct item.

Good luck Seibertronians!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Hasbro Consumer Affairs replacing Kreon Optimus Prime with Matrix (1258492)
Posted by It Is Him on July 13th, 2011 @ 3:17pm CDT
How common is this problem? From where I'm sitting, it seems pretty amusing that Hasbro would mix up a convention exclusive with a regular retail release.
Re: Hasbro Consumer Affairs replacing Kreon Optimus Prime with Matrix (1258497)
Posted by GuyIncognito on July 13th, 2011 @ 3:21pm CDT
I'm confused. Wouldn't most people RATHER have the Matrix version?
Re: Hasbro Consumer Affairs replacing Kreon Optimus Prime with Matrix (1258501)
Posted by Midnight_Fox on July 13th, 2011 @ 3:23pm CDT
GuyIncognito wrote:I'm confused. Wouldn't most people RATHER have the Matrix version?

Not necessarily. Some people want the full chest(like me, but then I already have 2 Matrix versions).
Re: Hasbro Consumer Affairs replacing Kreon Optimus Prime with Matrix (1258503)
Posted by Seibertron on July 13th, 2011 @ 3:25pm CDT
I would rather have the regular version as well. But I've got two from BotCon so I definitely didn't need two more with the Kre-O Optimus Prime.
Re: Hasbro Consumer Affairs replacing Kreon Optimus Prime with Matrix (1258504)
Posted by Chaoslock on July 13th, 2011 @ 3:26pm CDT
Wait, so which one is the exclusive and which one is the regular?
Re: Hasbro Consumer Affairs replacing Kreon Optimus Prime with Matrix (1258508)
Posted by BeastProwl on July 13th, 2011 @ 3:28pm CDT
I Dont like kre-o TFS. Thats just me.
Re: Hasbro Consumer Affairs replacing Kreon Optimus Prime with Matrix (1258510)
Posted by Seibertron on July 13th, 2011 @ 3:29pm CDT
Chaoslock wrote:Wait, so which one is the exclusive and which one is the regular?

The Matrix version was supposed to be the "exclusive", or at least the version not packaged with the Kre-O Optimus Prime set (which is supposed to come packaged with the regular version of Kreon Optimus Prime).
Re: Hasbro Consumer Affairs replacing Kreon Optimus Prime with Matrix (1258512)
Posted by Midnight_Fox on July 13th, 2011 @ 3:30pm CDT

The "exclusive" is the one with the Matrix showing. Not so exclusive, though, due to the manufacturing error, unless you have the Botcon packaged one.

The regular has the famous Optimus window chest.

Ninja'd!
Re: Hasbro Consumer Affairs replacing Kreon Optimus Prime with Matrix (1258532)
Posted by Chaoslock on July 13th, 2011 @ 3:44pm CDT
Thanks for the answers! Although I wouldn't mind receiving exclusives instead of the normal versions, and the matrix Prime doesn't look bad (although he could at least have some battle damage...)
Re: Hasbro Consumer Affairs replacing Kreon Optimus Prime with Matrix (1258562)
Posted by robofreak on July 13th, 2011 @ 4:22pm CDT

Hasbro would be better off just sending the extra figures to everyone that got a matrix version rather than spend all the extra money in shipping to trade them out. Granted, people would end up with 2 Kreon Primes, but I don't think anyone would mind.
Re: Hasbro Consumer Affairs replacing Kreon Optimus Prime with Matrix (1258568)
Posted by Seibertron on July 13th, 2011 @ 4:26pm CDT
robofreak wrote:This seems like it costs them more money to do an exchange than just send the figure to everyone.

It costs them like a buck something to have these shipped back to them. I'd be willing to bet they have a budget set aside for issues like this or that the factory has to pay for this or something. Or maybe they're just doing it out of the goodness of their heart.
Re: Hasbro Consumer Affairs replacing Kreon Optimus Prime with Matrix (1258606)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 13th, 2011 @ 5:12pm CDT
Re: Hasbro Consumer Affairs replacing Kreon Optimus Prime with Matrix (1258614)
Posted by Midnight_Fox on July 13th, 2011 @ 5:18pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:I am considering on getting at least one Kre-O set. I know this has no relevance to the replacement of Matrix Prime, but I have to know; are the Kre-O sets worth the money, or are they just wastes of plastic that can connect to each other to resemble our favorite characters? :???:

Depends.

If you're looking for a buildable Transformer that actually transforms, move on, these aren't for you.

If you're looking for a quality building set that you get 2 official modes from with amazing mini-figs, then pick 'em up.

In comparison with Lego, they're almost on par(Lego plastic feels better quality, but lately, other than City, their themed sets have been leaving me wanting). They're definitely on par(or better, the plastic definitely feels more quality) with Megablocks Halo sets, but way ahead of Megablock's other sets. The locks are tight with kre-o, I occasionally have trouble separating joins with no overhangs, much more than any Lego or MB I've built.

Did I mention AMAZING MINI-FIGS?! Seriously, they reign over Lego and I even prefer them over MB Halo figs(that's saying a lot, considering I just bought a whole case of the series 3 blind packs and the amount of articulation MB figs have). However, there's few opportunities for army building with so few generics(all humans) offered.

Are they worth the money? As I said, that depends, but if you're a building set fan(regardless of brand) and/or a mini-fig fan, I suggest them.
Re: Hasbro Consumer Affairs replacing Kreon Optimus Prime with Matrix (1258725)
Posted by Trikeboy on July 13th, 2011 @ 7:40pm CDT
BeastProwl wrote:I Dont like kre-o TFS. Thats just me.

No offence to your opinion because we all have one but if you don't like Kre-O's why are you posting in a thread about them? For things I don't like I just move on to the next thread, maybe that's just me.

On topic, if I can find Optimus Prime Kre-O sets, I will probably buy 2 so I can have a matrix version and a closed chest version. It will also mean I can display bot mode and vehicle mode together :)
Re: Hasbro Consumer Affairs replacing Kreon Optimus Prime with Matrix (1259047)
Posted by BeastProwl on July 14th, 2011 @ 12:07pm CDT
Trikeboy wrote:
BeastProwl wrote:I Dont like kre-o TFS. Thats just me.

Re: Hasbro Consumer Affairs replacing Kreon Optimus Prime with Matrix (1259056)
Posted by DJLazer on July 14th, 2011 @ 12:15pm CDT

I agree
Re: Hasbro Consumer Affairs replacing Kreon Optimus Prime with Matrix (1259067)
Posted by Seibertron on July 14th, 2011 @ 12:26pm CDT
DJLazer wrote:

I agree

Currently the other version is more desirable to me since I had four of the Matrix version and none of the regular version.
Re: Hasbro Consumer Affairs replacing Kreon Optimus Prime with Matrix (1259072)
Posted by DJLazer on July 14th, 2011 @ 12:30pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:
DJLazer wrote:

I agree

i don't even have the kreo prime with the matrix. I just think it looks better.
Re: Hasbro Consumer Affairs replacing Kreon Optimus Prime with Matrix (1259514)
Posted by tarZen on July 15th, 2011 @ 12:31am CDT
BeastProwl wrote:I Posted because, even though there are threads I Avoid, When it comes down to Kre-O, Iv'e already stated my opinion. Whenever a new thing about Kre-O pops up, I Make sure the same opinion is issued, that it hasnt changed, that it's rock solid. the only way it would ever change is if the figures actually TRANSFORMED. I'm sure, with enough Kre-o sets, eventually you can construct a fully transformable Kre-O Bot using your imagination and a cross between technic legos, in time, but I'm not wasting my money, Because I don't like them at all.

If you make sure to restate your dislike for something everytime a post about it appears, you're just being a jerk. Move on.
Re: Hasbro Consumer Affairs replacing Kreon Optimus Prime with Matrix (1261673)
Posted by It Is Him on July 18th, 2011 @ 5:52pm CDT
This might be newsworthy. A TFW user is reporting that after sending Hasbro his error Kreon Prime, he's been notified by Hasbro Customer Service that they are out of stock of replacement Kreon Primes, they can't send him one at all, and now Customer Service won't even return the original error Kreon Prime. Ouch! I'd be angry, too!

Post can be found here.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

Buy "MIB~JAPAN Takara Transformers G1 D311 Black Zarak COMPLETE Headmasters scorponok" on EBAY
Buy "JAPAN Takara 1987 Transformers G1 D93 Scorponok 100% COMPLETE~Lord Zarak black" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects WFC-GS02 Voyager Red Wing Exclusive Figure NEW" on EBAY
Buy "IDW ROM VS TRANSFORMERS : SHINING ARMOR #3 : 2 COVERS BUNDLE : B + C : NM" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Thrilling 30 Trailcutter mosc sealed trailbreaker g1 idw mib" on EBAY
Buy "G.I. Joe Comic Lot of 26 DDP 2005-2007 America's Elite Storm Shadow Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Earthrise Runabout WFC-E41 Target Exclusive Clean Packaging New" on EBAY