Hasbro Masterpiece Bumblebee Commercial featuring John Warden and Shogo Hasui

Hasbro Masterpiece Bumblebee Commercial featuring John Warden and Shogo Hasui

Thursday, October 13th, 2016 9:34am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 29,028

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Masterpiece Bumblebee is slowly making his way to retail in the US for $65 at Toysrus. In this occasion, Hasbro has pulled all the stops to advertise this release by having a commercial that has both John Warden, Hasbro's main design manager, and Shogo Hasui, the Takara designer who created this toy, promoting the toy. Of course, this commercial does have a few tongue in cheek lines, like saying how the box has great photography while the image is blatantly mistransformed (as is the toy in the commercial). In any case, it's more than most of us expected for the attention Hasbro would bring to their Masterpiece line, enjoy!

Credit(s): Toys R Us via Facebook


This article was last modified on Thursday, October 13th, 2016 3:06pm CDT

News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: Hasbro Masterpiece Bumblebee Commercial featuring John Warden and Shogo Hasui (1833263)
Posted by dabattousai on October 13th, 2016 @ 3:20pm CDT
Favorite quote, "Awesome product photography." yeahhhhh, with that front hood piece on Bumblebee's crotch.

If it was intentional because Volkswagen wanted their logo to show, then I will forgive it.
Re: Hasbro Masterpiece Bumblebee Commercial featuring John Warden and Shogo Hasui (1833271)
Posted by william-james88 on October 13th, 2016 @ 3:24pm CDT
dabattousai wrote:Favorite quote, "Awesome product photography." yeahhhhh, with that front hood piece on Bumblebee's crotch.

If it was intentional because Volkswagen wanted their logo to show, then I will forgive it.

What about the quote about the exosuit Spike wore on the show? When did he wear it in the show?
Re: Hasbro Masterpiece Bumblebee Commercial featuring John Warden and Shogo Hasui (1833353)
Posted by fenrir72 on October 13th, 2016 @ 7:08pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
dabattousai wrote:Favorite quote, "Awesome product photography." yeahhhhh, with that front hood piece on Bumblebee's crotch.

If it was intentional because Volkswagen wanted their logo to show, then I will forgive it.

What about the quote about the exosuit Spike wore on the show? When did he wear it in the show?


Perhaps he meant the "Movie". Sometimes it gets confusing after nearly 30 years you just blurt out things.

That or the translator sucks. :lol:
Re: Hasbro Masterpiece Bumblebee Commercial featuring John Warden and Shogo Hasui (1833369)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 13th, 2016 @ 7:57pm CDT
fenrir72 wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
dabattousai wrote:Favorite quote, "Awesome product photography." yeahhhhh, with that front hood piece on Bumblebee's crotch.

If it was intentional because Volkswagen wanted their logo to show, then I will forgive it.

What about the quote about the exosuit Spike wore on the show? When did he wear it in the show?


Perhaps he meant the "Movie". Sometimes it gets confusing after nearly 30 years you just blurt out things.

That or the translator sucks. :lol:
As it turns out, the sole other time that Spike was seen wearing an Exosuit outside of the movie was in an episode... of The Headmasters cartoon. Probably not what Warden was thinking about at the time, though.

Image
Re: Hasbro Masterpiece Bumblebee Commercial featuring John Warden and Shogo Hasui (1833383)
Posted by fenrir72 on October 13th, 2016 @ 8:52pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
dabattousai wrote:Favorite quote, "Awesome product photography." yeahhhhh, with that front hood piece on Bumblebee's crotch.

If it was intentional because Volkswagen wanted their logo to show, then I will forgive it.

What about the quote about the exosuit Spike wore on the show? When did he wear it in the show?


Perhaps he meant the "Movie". Sometimes it gets confusing after nearly 30 years you just blurt out things.

That or the translator sucks. :lol:
As it turns out, the sole other time that Spike was seen wearing an Exosuit outside of the movie was in an episode... of The Headmasters cartoon. Probably not what Warden was thinking about at the time, though.

Image


Just prior to Mars exploding.Second appearance of "big mode" :lol: the gattai sequence was interrupted of course.

P.S.

I hope VW isn't giving Takara or Hb any grief with the Porsche TM. Jazz and CJ really need an MP release! :PRAY:
Re: Hasbro Masterpiece Bumblebee Commercial featuring John Warden and Shogo Hasui (1833442)
Posted by Triptykon on October 14th, 2016 @ 1:48am CDT
Saw him @ Madison WI. Toys R Us, (Also had a few Fortress Maximus)
I had to leave him behind, can't afford it right now :(
Re: Hasbro Masterpiece Bumblebee Commercial featuring John Warden and Shogo Hasui (1833461)
Posted by miguelus_prime on October 14th, 2016 @ 5:58am CDT
Don't you remember the Headmasters opening?

That is ALL episodes :P

Image

Re: Hasbro Masterpiece Bumblebee Commercial featuring John Warden and Shogo Hasui (1833462)
Posted by fenrir72 on October 14th, 2016 @ 6:12am CDT
miguelus_prime wrote:Don't you remember the Headmasters opening?

That is ALL episodes :P

Image



As Sabrblade mentioned, Spike also used the Exosuit in the episode set Mars.Episodes #13 and 14 to be exact.
Re: Hasbro Masterpiece Bumblebee Commercial featuring John Warden and Shogo Hasui (1845481)
Posted by nycPrime on December 5th, 2016 @ 11:42am CST
Hey everyone, quick question. I lost the side mirror for MP BB and was wondering if there's an easy way to replace it. I'm wary of taking the 2nd one out of the box and losing that one too, leaving me with none. I tried ebay and reaching out to Hasbro, but no luck with both. Any ideas?

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Infinitus and Sentinel Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Arcee Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Nightbeat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Insecticon Bombshell Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
Twincast / Podcast #278:
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 68 Deluxe Movie 3 Leadfoot Target Exclusive In Hand" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 60 Constructicon SCRAPPER Voyager Class MISB/New 2020" on EBAY
Buy "MISB Transformers SCF Tokyo Game Show Battle Damage Set Optimus/Convoy Megatron" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premiere Edition Deluxe Cogman 2017  ((NEW))" on EBAY
Buy "1:64 TRANSFORMERS OPTIMUS PRIME WESTERN STAR 5700 & BARRICADE JADA TOYS DIECAST" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers R.E.D. Series Figure Lot Optimus Prime Megatron Soundwave" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Movie 2 Rotf Voyager Mixmaster Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Jada Nano Hollywood Rides Transformers Bumblebee Optimus Prime" on EBAY