Hasbro Masterpiece Grimlock Released In Malaysia!

Hasbro Masterpiece Grimlock Released In Malaysia!

Friday, July 16th, 2010 9:00pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: Mach   Views: 49,524

Seibertron Energon Pub member Meister79 informed us that the Hasbro version Masterpiece Grimlock has been released in Malaysia.
Meister79 also shared with us the gallery of the toy as well as toy comparisons with Takara MP-08 & MP-08X.

Seibertron.com Image

Seibertron.com Image

Seibertron.com Image

Seibertron.com Image

Seibertron.com Image

Seibertron.com Image

Seibertron.com Image

If you wish to view the full gallery of Grimlock, click here.

Stay tuned to Seibertron, Ultimate Resource of Transformers!

Credit(s): Meister79

This article was last modified on Friday, July 16th, 2010 9:08pm CDT

Re: Hasbro Masterpiece Grimlock Released In Malaysia! (1099169)
Posted by Mach on July 16th, 2010 @ 9:07pm CDT
Make me wanna get MP-8x as well.....
Thanks for the images and newsed....
Re: Hasbro Masterpiece Grimlock Released In Malaysia! (1099170)
Posted by Zeds on July 16th, 2010 @ 9:10pm CDT
Lucky sods! CAN'T WAIT!
Re: Hasbro Masterpiece Grimlock Released In Malaysia! (1099241)
Posted by Autobot032 on July 17th, 2010 @ 4:52am CDT
I can honestly say that I prefer the looks of Hasbro's version over any other. Sure, the tampos look a bit busy, considering how plain the original Masterpiece is, but they do add some pizazz to it, and it definitely needs it with that color scheme.

I'm impressed, I really am.
Re: Hasbro Masterpiece Grimlock Released In Malaysia! (1099293)
Posted by Burritotron on July 17th, 2010 @ 8:50am CDT
Re: Hasbro Masterpiece Grimlock Released In Malaysia! (1099295)
Posted by Meister79 on July 17th, 2010 @ 8:53am CDT
Mach wrote:Make me wanna get MP-8x as well.....
Thanks for the images and newsed....

My pleasure!
Re: Hasbro Masterpiece Grimlock Released In Malaysia! (1099296)
Posted by Stockade on July 17th, 2010 @ 8:56am CDT
All I can say is AWESOME!! i just cant wait for Grimlock!

Thanks for pics and the news about this.

As far as a release date, please correct me if im wrong, but it was suppose to be July 1st and now im hearing alot about August 1st is the official release date for MP Grimmy and everything else.
Re: Hasbro Masterpiece Grimlock Released In Malaysia! (1099305)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on July 17th, 2010 @ 9:42am CDT
Amelie wrote:I still can't believe how much worse the dino mode is from the original G1. The arms are hideously long and the legs are miles away from the body on a puny looking pin.

Is there a mechanical reason Hasbro\Takara decided to do these things?

Actually a LOT of people dig this fig.
Re: Hasbro Masterpiece Grimlock Released In Malaysia! (1099313)
Posted by Meister79 on July 17th, 2010 @ 10:09am CDT
Stockade wrote:All I can say is AWESOME!! i just cant wait for Grimlock!

Thanks for pics and the news about this.

I also remember hearing that he will be sold at SDCC.
Re: Hasbro Masterpiece Grimlock Released In Malaysia! (1099335)
Posted by fenrir72 on July 17th, 2010 @ 11:19am CDT
Gold chrome of the crown is slightly anemic,teeth are less serrated and the claws not so sharp right?(Or is it just the lighting)

Has slightly different decal patterns/extra decal patterns, foot claws anemic chrome gold and shoulder hinge anemic/non chromed.

No waiter accessory or the brain transfer device, energo sword has more detail/extra color pattern.

Prefer my MP version. Perfect though for those who missed Takara's releases.
Re: Hasbro Masterpiece Grimlock Released In Malaysia! (1099342)
Posted by Autobot032 on July 17th, 2010 @ 11:43am CDT
Burritotron wrote:Does anyone know when (or if) Hasbro's Masterpiece grimlock will be released in North America? My little brother (an avid transformers fan) has suffered many days of dissapointment waiting for him.

Yes, he will be released in the US, he'll be sold at TRU, and retails for $59.99

He will first be sold at SDCC at a special booth run by TRU and Entertainment Earth. He'll retail for $69.99 there. Once that exclusive sale is completed, you'll see them at your local TRU, around the first of August.
Re: Hasbro Masterpiece Grimlock Released In Malaysia! (1099350)
Posted by DaiShanPrime on July 17th, 2010 @ 12:04pm CDT
Autobot032 wrote:

August 1st? Me! Me! Me! MINE! MINE! MINE! :KREMZEEK:
Re: Hasbro Masterpiece Grimlock Released In Malaysia! (1099355)
Posted by shortround on July 17th, 2010 @ 12:14pm CDT
Start looking for him between the 2nd and 3rd weeks in august. I can't wait to get my hands on him august is going to be a busy collecting month for me seacons and grimlock both of them I can't wait to get my hands on.
Re: Hasbro Masterpiece Grimlock Released In Malaysia! (1099365)
Posted by Rated X on July 17th, 2010 @ 1:06pm CDT
A definite must !!!
Re: Hasbro Masterpiece Grimlock Released In Malaysia! (1099369)
Posted by UM Prime on July 17th, 2010 @ 1:21pm CDT
grimlock is my favorite transformer i cant wait
Re: Hasbro Masterpiece Grimlock Released In Malaysia! (1099389)
Posted by Amelie on July 17th, 2010 @ 2:51pm CDT
Cyber Bishop wrote:You are kidding right? MP Grimlock is one of the greatest figures ever released IMHO of course..
Actually a LOT of people dig this fig.

I've disliked the entire MP line since the start, the same with Binaltech\Alternators and Alternity. It's the design aesthetic - just not to my taste.
Re: Hasbro Masterpiece Grimlock Released In Malaysia! (1099394)
Posted by craggy on July 17th, 2010 @ 3:08pm CDT
Loving the pics, thanks Meister!

Gotta say, I prefer most of the decals (the ones on the robot mode arm seem a little unnecessary, but I don't hate them) and the dental work doesn't bother me that much (I did like how the G1 toy was a bit dangerous though) but I am a tad disappointed that the feet claws aren't the same gold as the chest. Can't wait for this to his TRU UK!

well, maybe my wallet could stand to wait for it a bit, but this will be bought!
Re: Hasbro Masterpiece Grimlock Released In Malaysia! (1100083)
Posted by ZenPrime on July 19th, 2010 @ 8:14am CDT
Re: Hasbro Masterpiece Grimlock Released In Malaysia! (1100113)
Posted by kirbenvost on July 19th, 2010 @ 9:37am CDT
ZenPrime wrote:MP Grimlock has been re-listed on TRU.com but as "OUT OF STOCK". Did I miss it again? :BANG_HEAD:

It still hasn't been released yet, as far as I know. They probably just put the listing up in anticipation for the release.

Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Brawn" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

Buy "Transformers Earthrise War For Cybertron Trilogy Bombshock And Growl New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Scorponok Triple Changer & Fast Track" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue bots Morbot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Lot of 2 Flip Racers Bumblebee & Blurr" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Racing Trailer Optimus Prime missing trailer" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects WFC-GS02 Voyager Red Wing Exclusive Figure NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Optimus Prime Transformers Heroes Epic Rescue Bots Action Figure Large 2013 22"" on EBAY