Hasbro Masterpiece Thundercracker Coming to Toys"R"Us

Hasbro Masterpiece Thundercracker Coming to Toys"R"Us

Tuesday, May 29th, 2012 4:12pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 27,155

It looks as though Hasbro will finally be releasing Masterpiece Thundercracker! TFW2005 member fiveironfr3nzy made an interesting discovery while browsing the Tranformers aisle at a Toys"R"Us location in Concord, North Carolina, a product reset map which lists a home for THUNDERCRACKER MASTERPIECE. The question now becomes which version of the mold will be used? The original version that the previous Wal-Mart exclusives Starscream and Skywarp used or the new revised mold used for Takara's MP-11 Coronation Starscream?

Credit(s): TFW2005 user fiveironfr3nzy, daimchoc

This article was last modified on Tuesday, May 29th, 2012 4:14pm CDT

Re: Hasbro Masterpiece Thundercracker Coming to Toys"R"Us (1385006)
Posted by Hip-Hoptimus Rime on May 29th, 2012 @ 5:13pm CDT
*SQUEE!* MUST HAVE! Starscream and TC are my favorite Seekers, I've purposely limited myself to collecting only those two, for the most part. Now a MP TC? I hope he's out for Father's Day, I'll be a happy pappy. :DANCE: <---- me
Re: Hasbro Masterpiece Thundercracker Coming to Toys"R"Us (1385023)
Posted by xyl360 on May 29th, 2012 @ 6:25pm CDT
It looks like they have a spot there for some Human Alliance figures as well. Maybe Hasbro is pushing out more leftover DoTM stock.
Re: Hasbro Masterpiece Thundercracker Coming to Toys"R"Us (1385026)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on May 29th, 2012 @ 6:31pm CDT
I can't see them releasing him before Starscream. Maybe it is the old mold.
Re: Hasbro Masterpiece Thundercracker Coming to Toys"R"Us (1385029)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 29th, 2012 @ 6:34pm CDT
Well, just another thing to mock the fact I'll never be able to complete my Masterpiece Seeker set. :-( If it's the original mold, it would look nice next to my Skywarp. If it's the revised mold, yay-ish! :grin:
Re: Hasbro Masterpiece Thundercracker Coming to Toys"R"Us (1385034)
Posted by STINGRAY749 on May 29th, 2012 @ 7:03pm CDT
YYYEEESSS and NNNOOO.

It's sweet that a mp tc is coming out, but( at least to me and probably some other people out there)why does it always have to be a toysrus exclusive. The nearest tru is 4hours there and back home. Please let this one go to all retailers, please. :PRAY:
Re: Hasbro Masterpiece Thundercracker Coming to Toys"R"Us (1385038)
Posted by xyl360 on May 29th, 2012 @ 7:32pm CDT
STINGRAY749 wrote:YYYEEESSS and NNNOOO.

BBTS is sure to have it as well, so if it's the new MP mold (and assuming the deco looks good and of course, I don't hear about Takara doing this repaint any time soon from MP-11 themselves), then I'm in.

If BBTS doesn't have it, only TRU or Takara is doing their own, then I'll go with Takara all the way or avoid it altogether.
Re: Hasbro Masterpiece Thundercracker Coming to Toys"R"Us (1385041)
Posted by craggy on May 29th, 2012 @ 7:48pm CDT
STINGRAY749 wrote:YYYEEESSS and NNNOOO.

because it's a high price item, that most retail stores won't want to buy, for fear they won't sell and they'll have to reduce the price an lost out on profit.

means it has to be a store exclusive. seems that TRU are the most willing to take these on. instead of saying "it sucks that it's a TRU exclusive" you should be glad that it's coming out at all. I appreciate that it can be a pain travelling to look for something you want, but don't TRU in the US do delivery? I'm pretty sure they do it here, and we're in the dark ages...where fuel costs a heck of a lot more.

we've seen more than a few rumoured and even announced exclusives never make it to retail because no stores wanted to carry them.
Re: Hasbro Masterpiece Thundercracker Coming to Toys"R"Us (1385050)
Posted by Severa on May 29th, 2012 @ 8:05pm CDT
Though, I am not sure how TRU works, but when I used to work retail, our updated plan-o-grams (merchandising schematic) would release 2 weeks before new product would come into inventory. We would typically set the plan-o-gram a week after the update came out so that we would only be with empty shelf space for a week.

Hope he comes out super soon!
Re: Hasbro Masterpiece Thundercracker Coming to Toys"R"Us (1385055)
Posted by barricade2218 on May 29th, 2012 @ 8:37pm CDT
Hope it will be available via their website like Rodimus was.
Re: Hasbro Masterpiece Thundercracker Coming to Toys"R"Us (1385065)
Posted by Rated X on May 29th, 2012 @ 9:02pm CDT
Good news from Hasbro finally enough with the TF Prime crap already !!! Now I would love to own a version of the new mold, but I kind of rather have the old mold to go with the other two seekers.
Re: Hasbro Masterpiece Thundercracker Coming to Toys"R"Us (1385072)
Posted by Counterpunch on May 29th, 2012 @ 9:26pm CDT
We dropped this info in the podcast a few episodes ago.

Of course...who would believe us? ;)
Re: Hasbro Masterpiece Thundercracker Coming to Toys"R"Us (1385078)
Posted by Jasolater on May 29th, 2012 @ 9:43pm CDT
G1 Thundercracker being the first transformer I ever owned, I'm very exited about this one!!
Re: Hasbro Masterpiece Thundercracker Coming to Toys"R"Us (1385137)
Posted by kirbenvost on May 30th, 2012 @ 12:57am CDT
Very interesting news. I personally hope it's the old mold so I can still justify getting MP-11, but if it's the updated one I hope they give it new accessories instead of the coronation gear. :)
Re: Hasbro Masterpiece Thundercracker Coming to Toys"R"Us (1385158)
Posted by King Kuuga on May 30th, 2012 @ 3:00am CDT
Rated X wrote:Good news from Hasbro finally enough with the TF Prime crap already !!!

Yeah, Prime has been out for a whole four months already, gosh! They should do something else, like more movie toys. That's what we REALLY want.

Seriously though, the Prime toyline is still in its infancy, and this release does not signal any slow-down or stop in the Prime line. It's completely unrelated.
Re: Hasbro Masterpiece Thundercracker Coming to Toys"R"Us (1385204)
Posted by vectorA3 on May 30th, 2012 @ 7:45am CDT
Yes! yEs! YES!!!!!!!! My prayers have been answered!!! MP TC!! I think hasbro will use the old mold, but if they use the new 1, I'm not complainin, esp. if it has a crown & cape for accessories. All new accessories are welcomed too. I can't afford all 5 at once, but we're gonna have our hands full with Prime, Sideswipe, Red Alert and Soundwave!!! For the last 3, I'll wait and see if a US release will happen first. Expensive figs.
And FTR Counterpunch, didn't hear the podcast, but would have believed you immediately!!! Weird nothing was mentioned at BotCon. Hmph.
Re: Hasbro Masterpiece Thundercracker Coming to Toys"R"Us (1385209)
Posted by padfoo on May 30th, 2012 @ 8:22am CDT
This great news for TC fans. My favorite seeker at a decent price.
Re: Hasbro Masterpiece Thundercracker Coming to Toys"R"Us (1385226)
Posted by Powermaster Jazz on May 30th, 2012 @ 9:29am CDT
WAAAA! Hasbro will never do a Masterpiece Thundercracker! WAAAA!!! they never listen to the fans! WAAAAAA!!!! :CON: :CON: :CON: :CON: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay:

I don't care which mold it is. He will be mine. Now I have an excuse to get Skywarp.
Re: Hasbro Masterpiece Thundercracker Coming to Toys"R"Us (1385236)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on May 30th, 2012 @ 10:02am CDT
My guess is it's the new mold since Takara already had production going for Starscream and Sunstorm, Hasbro probably just had a run made for them that they are turning into TC. Cheaper that way than setting up the old mold and making a special run.
Re: Hasbro Masterpiece Thundercracker Coming to Toys"R"Us (1385251)
Posted by SJ21 on May 30th, 2012 @ 10:31am CDT
I am hoping for the original Takara mold. I don't want to have the other two Seekers be taller than the third.
Re: Hasbro Masterpiece Thundercracker Coming to Toys"R"Us (1385268)
Posted by zodconvoy on May 30th, 2012 @ 11:17am CDT
AH-HA-HA-HA-HA! :lol: :DANCE: :lol:

I just sold my Takara one less then 2 months ago for $230! I did the same thing right before they announce TRU Grimlock too! 8)

Counterpunch wrote:We dropped this info in the podcast a few episodes ago.

Of course...who would believe us? ;)

I would have but to be honest I've only listened to the podcast like twice. And it wasn't that one.

Seriously though, not even a single news post about an MP Thundercracker domestic release but Botshots gets practically daily updates? What's up with that? :HEADHURTS:

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Arcee Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #259 - Podcast Convoy
"Podcast Convoy"
Posted: Sunday, September 13th, 2020

Buy "Hasbro - TRANSFORMERS - Playskool Heroes  RESCUE BOTS  HIGH TIDE & Brushfire lot" on EBAY
Buy "2011 Hasbro Transformers Dark Of The Moon Topspin Autobot Action Figure Used" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Toys Studio Series 63 Deluxe Class Dark of The Moon Movie Topspin A" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots High Tide" on EBAY
Buy "Y3_3 Transformers Movie Lot DOTM CYBERVERSE AUTOBOT SKIDS Dark of the Moon rotf" on EBAY
Buy "2011 Transformers Dark Of The Moon Cyber Verse Autobot Ratchet Lot Of 2" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dark of the Moon Ultimate Optimus Prime Incomplete  Leader DOTM" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series #63 AUTOBOT TOPSPIN Deluxe 63 NASCAR Wreckers DOTM" on EBAY