Hasbro Mechtech 3D Toy Viewer Update: Voyager Ironhide

Hasbro Mechtech 3D Toy Viewer Update: Voyager Ironhide

Tuesday, April 19th, 2011 5:50pm CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 46,022

Bust out those 3-D glasses that came with your DOTM Preview Cyberverse Optimus Prime, Hasbro has updated their Official Transformers Website's Mechtech 3-D Toy Viewer with this week's featured DOTM figure, Voyager Ironhide!

Coming soon....
  • Roadbuster (Deluxe Class) - 04/26
  • Sentinel Prime (Leader Class) - 05/03

Credit(s): Hasbro

Re: Hasbro Mechtech 3D Toy Viewer Update: Voyager Ironhide (1211279)
Posted by FanimusMaximus on April 20th, 2011 @ 8:04am CDT
Ironhides arms are kind of a throw off for me.
Re: Hasbro Mechtech 3D Toy Viewer Update: Voyager Ironhide (1211473)
Posted by T-Macksimus on April 20th, 2011 @ 2:57pm CDT
Nifty gimmick. I don't have any glasses but I'm able to tweak my vision to still get the 3-D effect but it gets "reset" when I hit the transform button and my focal point suddenly shifts. It's a lot harder than those "magic eye" 3D posters which I can make pop out almost instantly but the principle is the same for me.

Have to admit that Megatron is holding a bit more fascination for me than before but I still don't see myself putting much money into the DotM line especially since none of the toys will be in the same size range as the previous Movie lines. I'll have to actually lay my hands on them in a store to see if they are truly worth it but none of the pictures so far are really selling me on this line.
Re: Hasbro Mechtech 3D Toy Viewer Update: Voyager Ironhide (1211628)
Posted by Pr1meSuspect on April 20th, 2011 @ 11:13pm CDT
Ironhide seems to be looking pretty cool. Might actually visit the site for once.
Re: Hasbro Mechtech 3D Toy Viewer Update: Voyager Ironhide (1211631)
Posted by Godzillabot Primal on April 20th, 2011 @ 11:21pm CDT
Sadly I can’t use the 3D glasses… they make me nauseous!
Re: Hasbro Mechtech 3D Toy Viewer Update: Voyager Ironhide (1214329)
Posted by El Duque on April 26th, 2011 @ 5:50pm CDT

Coming soon: Sentinel Prime (Leader Class) - 05/03

Re: Hasbro Mechtech 3D Toy Viewer Update: Voyager Ironhide (1214347)
Posted by ConBotFormer on April 26th, 2011 @ 6:45pm CDT
Re: Hasbro Mechtech 3D Toy Viewer Update: Voyager Ironhide (1214348)
Posted by Seibertron on April 26th, 2011 @ 7:59pm CDT
I am looking forward to this figure a lot. Plus I love AMP. Good stuff!
Re: Hasbro Mechtech 3D Toy Viewer Update: Voyager Ironhide (1214356)
Posted by El Duque on April 26th, 2011 @ 8:39pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:I am looking forward to this figure a lot. Plus I love AMP. Good stuff!

AMP! Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Monster is where it's at!
Re: Hasbro Mechtech 3D Toy Viewer Update: Voyager Ironhide (1214400)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on April 26th, 2011 @ 10:08pm CDT
ugh what an overload of grey plastic
Re: Hasbro Mechtech 3D Toy Viewer Update: Voyager Ironhide (1214401)
Posted by NatsumeRyu on April 26th, 2011 @ 10:09pm CDT
ConBotFormer wrote:Uhm...where is his mouth? And look at his big ass nostrils. Still hope he's cool in the film.

LOL! Tell me where Bumblebee's mouth is and I'll tell you Roadbuster's! Ha ha.
Re: Hasbro Mechtech 3D Toy Viewer Update: Voyager Ironhide (1214411)
Posted by BeastProwl on April 26th, 2011 @ 10:50pm CDT
Anyone notice he looks just like Cybertron Crosswise? Rockets and all! Hand to Primus!!! :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK:
Re: Hasbro Mechtech 3D Toy Viewer Update: Voyager Ironhide (1214412)
Posted by rich prime on April 26th, 2011 @ 10:53pm CDT
El Duque wrote:It's that time of the week again! Hasbro has updated their Official Transformers Website's Mechtech 3-D Toy Viewer with this week's featured DOTM figure, Deluxe Roadbuster. Use the 3-D glasses that came with your DOTM Preview Cyberverse Optimus Prime to see Roadbuster in all his 3-D glory.

Coming soon: Sentinel Prime (Leader Class) - 05/03

BADASS
Re: Hasbro Mechtech 3D Toy Viewer Update: Voyager Ironhide (1214413)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on April 26th, 2011 @ 11:03pm CDT
I've been sort of torn on the use of the "Wreckers" in DOTM:
On the one hand, it seems like cheap name-dropping to throw a bone to older die-hard fans since they don't look too much like their respective namesakes. On the other hand, it proves someone did a little more homework this time than for ROTF, so as long as they're bad-ass, who cares?

And all through my childhood, Roadbuster was the TF toy I wanted most but never had, and any version of him has to be better than the blasphemy of Playskool Energon Ironhide being named Roadbuster in Superlink, right?

And then I saw this mugshot. As much as I want to see that helmet as resembling LeoZack (another personal fav), something about his face and torso makes me think of Beast Machines Rattrap. And I really don't want to think of that, ever again, as long as I live, since he personified the very concept of taking a complex, well-rounded character and raping their very essence in order to mutilate them into something less interesting to suit a new creative team's more contrived story. No, Michael's masterpieces don't deserve to be thought of that way, since the Bayniverse has at least had the simple decency to not pretend to have ties to any previous continuies just so it can retcon 20 tons of organic garbage into them to build a more solid foundation for it's shaky story. No, I loved ROTF for falling flat on its face and not trying to take any of our old friends down with it. And no matter how hard this Roadbuster falls on his face (hopefully due to an exploding Mech-Tech Pathblaster-TM), I shall gaze upon said non-visage and remember just how much worse the movie might have been a decade ago, and hope that all knee-jerk Bay-haters do the same.

The Wreckers and their fans have survived worse.

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Ultra Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

Buy "MOSC Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Bisk Lobster Crab Car MISB" on EBAY
Buy "WFC-E40 BATTLE SQUAD Transformers Earthrise Micromasters Direct-Hit Power Punch" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers SOUNDBLASTER Siege War for Cybertron MISB Walmart Exclusive Netflix" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise - Direct-Hit & Power Punch [WFC-E18]" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers thrilling 30 springer" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Powertrain & Highjump Siege War for Cybertron Micromaster 2018 MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers RID Deluxe Class Cliffjumper (c)2011 TOMY  RARE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege Deluxe Bluestreak! War for Cybertron Walmart Exclusive Hasbro" on EBAY