Hasbro MP-04 Masterpiece Prowl Revealed

Hasbro MP-04 Masterpiece Prowl Revealed

Tuesday, April 22nd, 2014 9:42pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: LOST Cybertronian   Views: 20,611

After being found in the Toys 'R' Us computer system, site Sponsor TFSource has posted on their Facebook page, images of the upcoming Hasbro version of Masterpiece Prowl. Numbered MP-04, he looks nearly identical to his Japanese counterpart but sporting the new and improved looking Masterpiece boxes that Hasbro has used since Acid Storm.

Transformers News: Hasbro MP-04 Masterpiece Prowl Revealed

Transformers News: Hasbro MP-04 Masterpiece Prowl Revealed

Transformers News: Hasbro MP-04 Masterpiece Prowl Revealed

Credit(s): TFsource Facebook, Sabrblade

This article was last modified on Wednesday, April 23rd, 2014 2:44pm CDT

Re: Hasbro MP-04 Masterpiece Prowl Revealed (1567715)
Posted by Bounti76 on April 22nd, 2014 @ 10:02pm CDT
Doesn't look much different (if at all) from the Takara version. A little paint missing on the bumper in car mode, but present in robot mode.

Only two real questions....is the box the same size as MP Soundwave and Acid Storm? Prowl isn't nearly as big as the Seeker mold, and doesn't come with anough accessories to justify the larger size box that Soundwave came in.

Re: Hasbro MP-04 Masterpiece Prowl Revealed (1567717)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on April 22nd, 2014 @ 10:08pm CDT
If I've learned one thing from my life as a Transfan, it's patience. Hadn't saved up for Takara's, passed on those leftover parts KOs (I bought Red Alert's, and got what I paid for), and now THIS!

And if he's on TRU shelves the same time as the MP Grimlock rerelease, it'll be like watching their arguments from the end of the Marvel U.S. run on the store shelves.
(Hopefully Underbase-ish Platinum Starscream will finally be gone by then, for continuity's sake)

Bounti76 wrote:Also, pricing? If it's around $60 or so, I'll be glad I got my Takara release. A year earlier, easier to find (if past MP releases of popular characters are any indication), and not that much more money.

And since Acid Storm's box was one size smaller than Soundwave's, my guess is Prowl's will be about one inch less in width and height.
Re: Hasbro MP-04 Masterpiece Prowl Revealed (1567720)
Posted by Bounti76 on April 22nd, 2014 @ 10:14pm CDT
Bumblevivisector wrote:More popular than Acid Storm, but up there with Optimus and Soundwave? Nah, he won't be that hard to find.

Well as far as I've always seen, he's more popular than Hot ROd/Rodimus Prime, and I NEVER saw him on shelves...got him via eBay (though thankfully, for not much more than retail). Gotta wonder, too, with his more prominent role in the current comics, if that'll spark a bit more interest than there would have been.

Bumblevivisector wrote:And since Acid Storm's box was one size smaller than Soundwave's, my guess it Prowl's will be one notch further down.

That makes sense. I don't know what else they COULD include to make the box as big as even Acid Storm's, other than empty space.
Re: Hasbro MP-04 Masterpiece Prowl Revealed (1567726)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 22nd, 2014 @ 10:31pm CDT
Re: Hasbro MP-04 Masterpiece Prowl Revealed (1567732)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on April 22nd, 2014 @ 10:40pm CDT
Re: Hasbro MP-04 Masterpiece Prowl Revealed (1567736)
Posted by Autobot032 on April 22nd, 2014 @ 10:47pm CDT

You do deserve credit, and I'm sure you'll get it, but in the future please send us an email as well as making a post here. And do it asap, so you're not left out in the cold. You've helped us in the past and we appreciate it, and we want you to receive the proper credit, but we're not mind readers, so please help us out.
Re: Hasbro MP-04 Masterpiece Prowl Revealed (1567739)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 22nd, 2014 @ 10:52pm CDT
Autobot032 wrote:

It didn't go through earlier? That's weird. :???:
Re: Hasbro MP-04 Masterpiece Prowl Revealed (1567746)
Posted by durroth on April 22nd, 2014 @ 11:14pm CDT
is 03 sunstorm or grimlock I wonder
Re: Hasbro MP-04 Masterpiece Prowl Revealed (1567749)
Posted by Autobot032 on April 22nd, 2014 @ 11:18pm CDT
durroth wrote:is 03 sunstorm or grimlock I wonder

Grimlock. Sunstorm will be 04.
Re: Hasbro MP-04 Masterpiece Prowl Revealed (1567750)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 22nd, 2014 @ 11:19pm CDT
durroth wrote:is 03 sunstorm or grimlock I wonder
MP-03 is Grimlock:

Re: Hasbro MP-04 Masterpiece Prowl Revealed (1567751)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 22nd, 2014 @ 11:20pm CDT
Autobot032 wrote:
durroth wrote:is 03 sunstorm or grimlock I wonder

Grimlock. Sunstorm will be 04.
Prowl is 04.
Re: Hasbro MP-04 Masterpiece Prowl Revealed (1567758)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on April 22nd, 2014 @ 11:42pm CDT
Re: Hasbro MP-04 Masterpiece Prowl Revealed (1567760)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on April 22nd, 2014 @ 11:56pm CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:*sigh* Once again I gave into the paranoia and bought the Japanese one. I knew deep down this would be released in the US, I just knew it. Does anyone think they'll include the chrome launchers?

I too bought the Takara one but since I only paid about $60 shipped (maybe a little less), which is what it is looking like this one will cost, no big deal.
Re: Hasbro MP-04 Masterpiece Prowl Revealed (1567762)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on April 23rd, 2014 @ 12:01am CDT
LOST Cybertronian wrote:

I paid a little over $90 for the Asian market one. Even $60 I feel is a bit much for what we're getting.
Re: Hasbro MP-04 Masterpiece Prowl Revealed (1567765)
Posted by Crystiallic on April 23rd, 2014 @ 12:16am CDT
Having the Takara one there's no reason to get a Hasbro one, especially for Prowl. But I do like the box.
Re: Hasbro MP-04 Masterpiece Prowl Revealed (1567786)
Posted by Autobot032 on April 23rd, 2014 @ 1:36am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:
durroth wrote:is 03 sunstorm or grimlock I wonder

Grimlock. Sunstorm will be 04.
Prowl is 04.

*facepalm* You're right. Right in front of me and I just blanked.
Re: Hasbro MP-04 Masterpiece Prowl Revealed (1567787)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on April 23rd, 2014 @ 1:37am CDT
Re: Hasbro MP-04 Masterpiece Prowl Revealed (1567791)
Posted by Darkman20xx on April 23rd, 2014 @ 2:12am CDT
Due the cost of collecting these I've been reluctant to start getting serious with Masterpiece figures but of course now I want them all now that they seem intent on making all the main characters. What sucks is I saw my Grimlock, Skywarp, and Optimus get me offers double or sometimes triple what I paid so I sold them all thinking they would never make a full set of Masterpiece figures. Who knows how much of a bitch karma will be to me while trying to buy those back again. #-o
Re: Hasbro MP-04 Masterpiece Prowl Revealed (1567792)
Posted by craggy on April 23rd, 2014 @ 2:12am CDT
I think I was $75 or thereabouts for the Japanese one online. I suspected that out of any of the new licensed car ones, Prowl would be the most likely to get a US release, but it wasn't set in stone.

The lack of Sideswipe or any news about anything from Hasbro, and my love of Prowl (both the character and the MP mold) combined to plenty of reason for buying it when I knew I could. I'm not worried. This new box is fairly nice looking, but the black T/T one fits with the rest of mine anyway, and whilst I suppose this might turn up on shelves in TRU's here, I'm not counting on Hasbro UK.

Nice one for folks who missed out or passed for whatever reason before though. He's a great toy.
Re: Hasbro MP-04 Masterpiece Prowl Revealed (1567813)
Posted by TimothyR on April 23rd, 2014 @ 6:20am CDT
Megatron Wolf wrote:i want one but im going to pass, not making the mistake of paying top dollar and getting a low quality piece of crap again. Only way ill pick this up is if i can get it for around $40, anything above that is a complete ripoff.

maybe to you.. and if that's the case.. then masterpiece figures shouldn't interest you at all anyways.

Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Brawn" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Prime Cyberverse - IRONHIDE - Commander Class -00500" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots In Disguise Legion Class Grimlock" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 THRUST Vintage Generations One 1985- Nosecone defect-" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise RID Warrior Class Bisk 98% Comp (No Guns)?" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Jazz #86, Blurr #86, Gnaw #86, Kup #86 4lot!!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Kup, Blurr, Jazz, Wreck-Gar #86" on EBAY