Transformers News: Hasbro MP-10 Optimus Prime In-Hand Images with Side by Side Comparisons to Takara MP-10 Convoy

Monday, July 23rd, 2012 3:25PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 45,809

Courtesy of ACToys we have some in-hand images of Hasbro's upcoming version of MP-10 Optimus Prime along with comparison shots with the original Takara release. Images mirrored below. There is also a rumor circulating that the Hasbro version will see a "wide release", rather than being a store exclusive. Take that with the normal dose of salt until officially confirmed.

The Hasbro version appears to use lighter colored plastics in general, comes with a blue roller, Spike has some alternate paint on his sleeves and painted pupils, etc.

Credit(s): REMINATOR, ACToys.net

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Hasbro MP-10 Optimus Prime In-Hand Images with Side by Side Comparisons to Takara MP-10 Convoy (1403507)
Posted by robofreak on July 23rd, 2012 @ 3:36pm CDT
I think I like the Hasbro colors more. Much more cartoon accurate.
Re: Hasbro MP-10 Optimus Prime In-Hand Images with Side by Side Comparisons to Takara MP-10 Convoy (1403509)
Posted by omega666 on July 23rd, 2012 @ 3:41pm CDT
Boo to the lighter blue. But I'll get it because it's cheaper. I'll make it darker anyway.
Re: Hasbro MP-10 Optimus Prime In-Hand Images with Side by Side Comparisons to Takara MP-10 Convoy (1403511)
Posted by JackStraw on July 23rd, 2012 @ 3:53pm CDT
Why does the US always get these corny shades of color? So sick of it. Here's a blue that looks cool, and here's one to catch the eye of 7 year old american boys.... :evil:

" :BANG_HEAD: Emasculation of Prime"
Re: Hasbro MP-10 Optimus Prime In-Hand Images with Side by Side Comparisons to Takara MP-10 Convoy (1403513)
Posted by njb902 on July 23rd, 2012 @ 3:58pm CDT
robofreak wrote:I think I like the Hasbro colors more. Much more cartoon accurate.

I agree.
Re: Hasbro MP-10 Optimus Prime In-Hand Images with Side by Side Comparisons to Takara MP-10 Convoy (1403514)
Posted by redoutlander on July 23rd, 2012 @ 4:00pm CDT
Just give me a trailer. I have the 20th Anniversary Optimus Prime who never got the same love as MP versions. Please no remakes of incomplete products.
Re: Hasbro MP-10 Optimus Prime In-Hand Images with Side by Side Comparisons to Takara MP-10 Convoy (1403515)
Posted by Burn on July 23rd, 2012 @ 4:01pm CDT

50 Shades of Optimus.

Like always, I disagree with robofreak. Definitely prefer Takara's darker blue.
Re: Hasbro MP-10 Optimus Prime In-Hand Images with Side by Side Comparisons to Takara MP-10 Convoy (1403516)
Posted by Anonymous on July 23rd, 2012 @ 4:05pm CDT
I'm just glad he won't have shaved stacks this time.

Buy on sight.
Re: Hasbro MP-10 Optimus Prime In-Hand Images with Side by Side Comparisons to Takara MP-10 Convoy (1403517)
Posted by robofreak on July 23rd, 2012 @ 4:06pm CDT
Burn wrote:

50 Shades of Optimus.

Like always, I disagree with robofreak. Definitely prefer Takara's darker blue.

I like each one for different reasons. Light blue is nice for the cartoon accuracy. Dark blue hearkens not only to the show models over time, but also the dark blue of the G1 toy.

MP-04 is still my favorite
Re: Hasbro MP-10 Optimus Prime In-Hand Images with Side by Side Comparisons to Takara MP-10 Convoy (1403519)
Posted by Nicap on July 23rd, 2012 @ 4:08pm CDT
All I can say is:

Re: Hasbro MP-10 Optimus Prime In-Hand Images with Side by Side Comparisons to Takara MP-10 Convoy (1403522)
Posted by Burn on July 23rd, 2012 @ 4:11pm CDT
robofreak wrote:With this one being $150 cheaper than the original, I will have to go with this one though.

And that's why I didn't get the Takara release (like I normally do with my MP's).

Would definitely prefer Takara but I might have to face facts, I have a mortgage. :lol:

Though another reason I didn't get the initial Takara release was to hold out for a hopeful Ultra Magnus set. :BOWDOWN:
Re: Hasbro MP-10 Optimus Prime In-Hand Images with Side by Side Comparisons to Takara MP-10 Convoy (1403525)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on July 23rd, 2012 @ 4:15pm CDT
What is the price on the US release again?
Re: Hasbro MP-10 Optimus Prime In-Hand Images with Side by Side Comparisons to Takara MP-10 Convoy (1403526)
Posted by robofreak on July 23rd, 2012 @ 4:19pm CDT
Cyber Bishop wrote:What is the price on the US release again?

$100
Re: Hasbro MP-10 Optimus Prime In-Hand Images with Side by Side Comparisons to Takara MP-10 Convoy (1403528)
Posted by Homerjay14522 on July 23rd, 2012 @ 4:25pm CDT
Im hoping the rumor of the wider release is true. That will drop the price overall and make more available. The SDCC shots from this site say "Transformers Exclusive",but not for where. But the shots here, non show the front of the box, which worries me.
Re: Hasbro MP-10 Optimus Prime In-Hand Images with Side by Side Comparisons to Takara MP-10 Convoy (1403536)
Posted by MeGrimlock! on July 23rd, 2012 @ 4:40pm CDT
If I remember correctly, when the Hasbro version was announced at Botcon it was said to be a Toys'R'Us exclusive. I certainly won't mind if that doesn't turn out to be the case, though. :D

Although I do prefer the colors on the Takara edition, I don't think the Hasbro versions colors are bad. And at their relative price points I'll definitely be picking up the Hasbro version as soon as I can find it. :BOT:
Re: Hasbro MP-10 Optimus Prime In-Hand Images with Side by Side Comparisons to Takara MP-10 Convoy (1403537)
Posted by UltraPrimal on July 23rd, 2012 @ 4:44pm CDT
Hmm...the Hasbro version actually looks BETTER, overall.

Also noticed that the packaging mentions Hasbro Canada on it. Which means this was probably meant for stores in Canada. Probably Toys R Us since they don't really care so much about the French language laws and I don't see any French on the packaging. So where the heck is this figure?! I want my MP-10, damn it!
Re: Hasbro MP-10 Optimus Prime In-Hand Images with Side by Side Comparisons to Takara MP-10 Convoy (1403544)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on July 23rd, 2012 @ 5:47pm CDT
I just want to point out the box that say:

HASBRO CANADA LONGUEUIL QUÉBEC MADE IN VIETNAM FABRIQUÉ EN VIETNAM.

I bet my lest nut that the asswipes at Toys R Us will never have it in Québec stores because there's not enough french on the box.
:sad: :BANG_HEAD: :sad: :michaelbay: :HEADHURTS: :BOOM:

Seriously.
Re: Hasbro MP-10 Optimus Prime In-Hand Images with Side by Side Comparisons to Takara MP-10 Convoy (1403545)
Posted by Dre Merc on July 23rd, 2012 @ 5:50pm CDT
NOT more cartoon accurate. The Takara version was...is. I was excited about this until I saw the pics. Ugh :-( I really didn't want to buy the Takara version, but that's the way it's looking. Then again, I may not have to if I put it on my x-mas list. 8)

Can someone explain to me why Hasbro does this crap? I can understand cutting back on the silver or any shiny color app, but altering tones to intentionally make them look different? Sigh.. annoying.
Re: Hasbro MP-10 Optimus Prime In-Hand Images with Side by Side Comparisons to Takara MP-10 Convoy (1403551)
Posted by REMINATOR on July 23rd, 2012 @ 6:25pm CDT
Burn wrote:

Man, you don't know how much I want that statement to be real!
I'm thinking, maybe I should purchase Hasbro Prime (in addition to my current MP10). Once TTomy release an armor MP UMagnus, then the Hasbro Prime can serve as the inner core of the armor fighting along side with the TTomy white robot Magnus. Then my dream display will be completed :BOWDOWN: :BOWDOWN: :

Re: Hasbro MP-10 Optimus Prime In-Hand Images with Side by Side Comparisons to Takara MP-10 Convoy (1403552)
Posted by xyl360 on July 23rd, 2012 @ 6:26pm CDT
Not too bad at all, but I'm still glad after seeing the comparisons that I picked up the Takara version.

I'll be skipping this one from Hasbro. I do like how they painted the lights on top yellow though. I may have to do the same on my MP-10 :).
Re: Hasbro MP-10 Optimus Prime In-Hand Images with Side by Side Comparisons to Takara MP-10 Convoy (1403558)
Posted by Mykltron on July 23rd, 2012 @ 6:42pm CDT
Dre Merc wrote:
I think perhaps, in this case, they've gone for comic colours.

I'm glad I got the Takara version.

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Dark of the Moon Bumblebee Revving Robots - Genuine & new - Time Remaining: 2 days 17 hours 25 minutes 50 seconds
TRANSFORMERS movie 3 canceled DARK OF THE MOON ROADBUSTER prototype - Time Remaining: 2 days 19 hours 37 minutes 34 seconds
Transformers movie dark of the moon Optimus Prime hardcopy prototype very rare - Time Remaining: 2 days 16 hours 47 minutes 49 seconds
transformers movie dark of the moon ironhide  hardcopy prototype very rare - Time Remaining: 2 days 20 hours 50 minutes 25 seconds
Transformers movie dark of the moon Bumblebee hardcopy prototype - Time Remaining: 2 days 17 hours 54 minutes 50 seconds
2005 Transformers Cybertron RID Deluxe Class Snarl With DVD Complete MOC N570 - Time Remaining: 2 days 15 hours 57 minutes 52 seconds
2005 Transformers Cybertron RID Voyager Class Mudflap Complete MIB P242 - Time Remaining: 11 days 8 hours 57 minutes 48 seconds
2004 Transformers Energon RID 2-Pack Perceptor & Doom-Lock Sealed MOC N573 - Time Remaining: 5 days 22 hours 57 minutes 51 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #186 - NYCC 2017