Thursday, October 9th, 2014 9:59am CDT

Categories: Site News, Event News, Company News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 101,518

We've seen some first looks at 2015's Transformers, including Generations Combiner Wars, official images for Robots in Disguise, Angry Birds and Kre-O - but how about taking a proper look at what was on display at NYCC 2014 Hasbro's Press Party? Seibertron.com has you covered, with our trademark high quality galleries, including One-Step, Hyperchange, Warrior, Legion and Titan version of the main cast of RID (Strongarm, Bumblebee, Grimlock, Sideswipe, Steeljaw and Optimus Prime), the two new Generations Thundercracker and Huffer remolds, some themed Kre-O sets (such as Samurai and Cowboy Optimus Prime) and the Angry Birds Racing set and Telepods. Check them out by clicking on any image below.

Transformers News: Hasbro NYCC Party Galleries: Combiner Wars, Robots In Disguise, Kre-o, and Angry Birds

This article was last modified on Thursday, October 9th, 2014 4:27pm CDT

Re: Hasbro NYCC Party Galleries: Combiner Wars, Robots In Disguise, Kre-o, and Angry Birds (1612429)
Posted by robotmel on October 9th, 2014 @ 10:11am CDT
:shock:
If it hasnt been seen or mentioned already...

THEIR CHESTS ARE THE COMBINER PEGS!!

Re: Hasbro NYCC Party Galleries: Combiner Wars, Robots In Disguise, Kre-o, and Angry Birds (1612453)
Posted by grimdragon2001 on October 9th, 2014 @ 11:16am CDT
anyone else planning on getting an extra fireflight to repaint into slingshot?
Re: Hasbro NYCC Party Galleries: Combiner Wars, Robots In Disguise, Kre-o, and Angry Birds (1612460)
Posted by DMSL on October 9th, 2014 @ 11:27am CDT
Simplified and badly scaled Transformers....what is happening to Hasbro.

:BANG_HEAD:
Re: Hasbro NYCC Party Galleries: Combiner Wars, Robots In Disguise, Kre-o, and Angry Birds (1612464)
Posted by Slashercon on October 9th, 2014 @ 11:33am CDT
robotmel wrote::shock:
If it hasnt been seen or mentioned already...

THEIR CHESTS ARE THE COMBINER PEGS!!

My mind has been blown. :grin:
Re: Hasbro NYCC Party Galleries: Combiner Wars, Robots In Disguise, Kre-o, and Angry Birds (1612465)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on October 9th, 2014 @ 11:34am CDT
robotmel wrote::shock:
If it hasnt been seen or mentioned already...

THEIR CHESTS ARE THE COMBINER PEGS!!

AWESOME catch!
Re: Hasbro NYCC Party Galleries: Combiner Wars, Robots In Disguise, Kre-o, and Angry Birds (1612472)
Posted by Diem on October 9th, 2014 @ 12:04pm CDT

On the other hand actual Generations stuff looks great.
Re: Hasbro NYCC Party Galleries: Combiner Wars, Robots In Disguise, Kre-o, and Angry Birds (1612475)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on October 9th, 2014 @ 12:12pm CDT
DMSL wrote:Simplified and badly scaled Transformers....what is happening to Hasbro.

:BANG_HEAD:

How are they simplified? The Combiners aren't "Beast Hunters Upscaled Cyberverse" simplified or AoE Power Attackers at all, they have all 3 modes for pete sake.

robotmel wrote::shock:
If it hasnt been seen or mentioned already...

THEIR CHESTS ARE THE COMBINER PEGS!!

Nice catch indeed! Especially with Alpha Bravo ("not-Slingshot") forming a leg, this confirms Scramble capability.
Re: Hasbro NYCC Party Galleries: Combiner Wars, Robots In Disguise, Kre-o, and Angry Birds (1612482)
Posted by Gallifreyan Autobot on October 9th, 2014 @ 12:50pm CDT
Might have to pick up the deluxe figures reuse prime as either star or galaxy convoy and where there is a Optimus figure a Megatron figure will probably soon follows though there might be someone who might say the he ain't getting one though we will have to wait and see
Re: Hasbro NYCC Party Galleries: Combiner Wars, Robots In Disguise, Kre-o, and Angry Birds (1612498)
Posted by padfoo on October 9th, 2014 @ 1:29pm CDT
robotmel wrote::shock:
If it hasnt been seen or mentioned already...

THEIR CHESTS ARE THE COMBINER PEGS!!

Wow so true!
Re: Hasbro NYCC Party Galleries: Combiner Wars, Robots In Disguise, Kre-o, and Angry Birds (1612511)
Posted by megatronus on October 9th, 2014 @ 1:57pm CDT
robotmel wrote:THEIR CHESTS ARE THE COMBINER PEGS!!

I'm pretty sure we've known this for a long while.

Does that make me a bad person?
Re: Hasbro NYCC Party Galleries: Combiner Wars, Robots In Disguise, Kre-o, and Angry Birds (1612526)
Posted by RotorstormNZ on October 9th, 2014 @ 2:31pm CDT
Re the chestpegs, some of us guessed as much I think :-)

I'm surprised there hasn't been/doesn't seem to have been much comment about the combiner hand/foot parts being shown off as weapons on the Deluxes. I love it when they minimise leftover parts, especially when they enhance play value. Nice work HasTak!
Re: Hasbro NYCC Party Galleries: Combiner Wars, Robots In Disguise, Kre-o, and Angry Birds (1612564)
Posted by jamarmiller on October 9th, 2014 @ 3:51pm CDT
Im hoping Takara repaints / release a firefly in SLing Shot colors like they did with the FOC shockwave mold ( being different character and colors in japan from the USA one , but both be airlbots )
Re: Hasbro NYCC Party Galleries: Combiner Wars, Robots In Disguise, Kre-o, and Angry Birds (1612571)
Posted by william-james88 on October 9th, 2014 @ 4:10pm CDT
RotorstormNZ wrote:Re the chestpegs, some of us guessed as much I think :-)

Re: Hasbro NYCC Party Galleries: Combiner Wars, Robots In Disguise, Kre-o, and Angry Birds (1612620)
Posted by RotorstormNZ on October 9th, 2014 @ 6:29pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:I will tell you why I had commented yet: I had not noticed !!!!! :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay:

Glad to help :grin: I was VERY pleased to see it, as I couldn't imagine them hiding anywhere as integral parts a-la FOCticus.
Re: Hasbro NYCC Party Galleries: Combiner Wars, Robots In Disguise, Kre-o, and Angry Birds (1612632)
Posted by Peridot on October 9th, 2014 @ 6:59pm CDT
Firefly's making a very obscene gesture! :shock:
Re: Hasbro NYCC Party Galleries: Combiner Wars, Robots In Disguise, Kre-o, and Angry Birds (1612634)
Posted by Zeedust on October 9th, 2014 @ 7:08pm CDT
Diem wrote:I'm usually a major Hasbro apologist but those Robots In Disguise figures look dreadful. I really hope there are some real Generations quality figures down the line.

On the other hand actual Generations stuff looks great.

I get the feeling they think grown-up Transformers fans either won't care about anything other than Generations, or shouldn't care about anything other than Generations. And it kinda makes me cranky.
Re: Hasbro NYCC Party Galleries: Combiner Wars, Robots In Disguise, Kre-o, and Angry Birds (1612764)
Posted by Lockdownhunter on October 10th, 2014 @ 6:03am CDT
I take back what I said about the Warrior class Optimus,I REALLY DO
To those who saw my warrior class OP comments, IGNORE THEM.IMO, the more pictures I see of this guy,the more I like him.
Re: Hasbro NYCC Party Galleries: Combiner Wars, Robots In Disguise, Kre-o, and Angry Birds (1612769)
Posted by megatronus on October 10th, 2014 @ 6:49am CDT
Nemesis Primal wrote:

On the other hand actual Generations stuff looks great.

These are toys after all. At least some of the toys should be targeted to kids. 8-}
Re: Hasbro NYCC Party Galleries: Combiner Wars, Robots In Disguise, Kre-o, and Angry Birds (1612777)
Posted by william-james88 on October 10th, 2014 @ 7:41am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

:BANG_HEAD:

I think he was referring to this picture which quite frankly surprised me too:

Since when do voyagers with 3 modes have such few steps???? I am surprised more people aren't up in arms actually. I can understand the simplification of transformation for toys based on a show targetted to younger children, but this is based on a much larger audience. So I don't get it.

And I would really not recomend anyone to get their hopes up for more generation style figures of the new RID show. The description states that the Warrior Class you see (with those attached hands that dont pivot) is the puzzle based play figures for collectors who seek the traditional transformers experience. So yeah, I dont see more complicated figures from hat line coming anytime soon. I have even gave in ot the idea that if I like the show and plan to buy figures, I will probably purchase that 3 step Grimlock if I want to have something that scales well (my friend gave in and bought Twist and Spin Lockdown just so he could have a movie showdown vs AOE Optimus)
Re: Hasbro NYCC Party Galleries: Combiner Wars, Robots In Disguise, Kre-o, and Angry Birds (1612784)
Posted by Noideaforaname on October 10th, 2014 @ 8:12am CDT
megatronus wrote:I don't understand - we shouldn't be happy at the advent of Generations as a collector-oriented line?

Nothing wrong with Generations, it's the RiD line at fault. If you want a decent Strongarm you're out of luck even though there's like 3-4 different sub-lines for the show.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Superion Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Earthrise Trailbreaker Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Unopened Hasbro 1992 Transformers Generation 2 Decepticon Swindle" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Fall Of Cybertron Sideswipe Deluxe Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers TAKARA TOMY GENERATIONS DECEPTICON OUTCAST MAGNIFICUS From JP TGHB" on EBAY
Buy "2012 Transformers Generations Grimlock Fall of Cybertron" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS R.E.D. REFORMATTING MEGATRON WALMART EXCLUSIVE IN HAND" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Masterpiece Grimlock Generation 1 TOYS R US EXCLUSIVE MP-03!!!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers kingdom war for cybertron Trilogy  Rhinox. New!" on EBAY