Thursday, July 21st, 2016 11:10am CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News, Event News
Posted by: D-Maximal_Primal   Views: 48,371

Well Seibertronians, the time has come. Fresh from the San Diego Comic Con Breakfast Press Release, we bring to you our latest SDCC gallery: that of Combiner Wars Liokaiser! Liokaiser utilizes 5 combiner wars molds, which include Dezarus (yes that is correctly read) using Sky Lynx, Guyhawk from Air Raid, Fellbat (yeah...) from Sky Dive, Ironbison (no kill here) and Drillhorn from Brawl, and Ion Scythe from an old Arms Micron figure. All 4 deluxes utilize new heads while the combined Liokaiser form also has a brand new head. Check out a preview of the gallery below, and head HERE to view the whole thing!

Transformers News: San Diego Comic Con Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Liokaiser Gallery #SDCC

Credit(s): Hasbro

This article was last modified on Thursday, July 21st, 2016 1:02pm CDT

Re: Hasbro Press Event: Transformers Combiner Wars Liokaiser Revealed!!! #HasbroSDCC (1807475)
Posted by Kurona on July 21st, 2016 @ 11:11am CDT
Also, gotta love those new names made safe for the kiddies.

FELLBAT
IRONBISON

And best of all...

DEZARUS
Re: Hasbro Press Event: Transformers Combiner Wars Liokaiser Revealed!!! #HasbroSDCC (1807479)
Posted by Randomhero on July 21st, 2016 @ 11:19am CDT
Kurona wrote:Also, gotta love those new names made safe for the kiddies.

FELLBAT
IRONBISON

And best of all...

DEZARUS

It's not like hellbat would have had that name if the original was released in the 80s in the US. Honestly Fellnat i think sounds cool. Reminds me of the Fellbeasts in lord of the rings
Re: Hasbro Press Event: Transformers Combiner Wars Liokaiser Revealed!!! #HasbroSDCC (1807484)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on July 21st, 2016 @ 11:31am CDT
Dammit!! not a platinum!! I really had hoped this was retail!!!
Re: Hasbro Press Event: Transformers Combiner Wars Liokaiser Revealed!!! #HasbroSDCC (1807485)
Posted by Tigertrack on July 21st, 2016 @ 11:32am CDT
I'm going to be 'that guy' now, but I need a Death Cobra, and Leozack two pack...

Actually gotta make it a three pack now, because we're missing Jagular or however you say it... so helicopter, a jet, and some kind of car... Plus an arms micron set to go with them to represent each of the animals (including the original sets' bots).

Still, it's nice to see this effort made.
Re: Hasbro Press Event: Transformers Combiner Wars Liokaiser Revealed!!! #HasbroSDCC (1807498)
Posted by autobot00 on July 21st, 2016 @ 11:45am CDT
Re: Hasbro Press Event: Transformers Combiner Wars Liokaiser Revealed!!! #HasbroSDCC (1807499)
Posted by Gearslide on July 21st, 2016 @ 11:47am CDT

On the plus side, all of the limb-bots look great, so a Third Party company could really just make a Deluxe-sized Leozack and Jallguar that combined into the torso like the original Liokaiser, and I'm sure they would do well.
Re: Hasbro Press Event: Transformers Combiner Wars Liokaiser Revealed!!! #HasbroSDCC (1807500)
Posted by Tigertrack on July 21st, 2016 @ 11:47am CDT
autobot00 wrote:the bottom of the box looks like it says platinum edition, its just in another language. look at the pic of the front on the bottom left.

I agree, I thought I saw that it said platinum too.
Re: Hasbro Press Event: Transformers Combiner Wars Liokaiser Revealed!!! #HasbroSDCC (1807501)
Posted by Kurona on July 21st, 2016 @ 11:49am CDT
Gearslide wrote:Well, "Dezarus" is pretty much as uninteresting and disappointing as a lot of people were expecting.

Only problem is how much that'd cost... especially on top of the fact to get those four limbs you don't just buy a full combiner set, you buy a full Platinum combiner set :SICK:
Re: Hasbro Press Event: Transformers Combiner Wars Liokaiser Revealed!!! #HasbroSDCC (1807517)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on July 21st, 2016 @ 12:20pm CDT
Really hating on it for being platinum. I actually really wanted this thing
Re: Hasbro Press Event: Transformers Combiner Wars Liokaiser Revealed!!! #HasbroSDCC (1807529)
Posted by Powermaster Swag on July 21st, 2016 @ 12:30pm CDT
Re: Hasbro Press Event: Transformers Combiner Wars Liokaiser Revealed!!! #HasbroSDCC (1807530)
Posted by Kurona on July 21st, 2016 @ 12:32pm CDT
Powermaster Swag wrote:I'm sure they could have retooled Sky Lynx better than that! I had high hopes for this figure. Not any more. :michaelbay:

I just question why they went for a Sky Lynx retool period and not just make Silverbolt into Leozack. Beyond just shamelessly getting more uses out Sky Lynx there's absolutely no reason for it over ditching the most popular member of Liokaiser.
Re: Hasbro Press Event: Transformers Combiner Wars Liokaiser Revealed!!! #HasbroSDCC (1807535)
Posted by CommanderShadowmus on July 21st, 2016 @ 12:34pm CDT
Things that went wrong:
-Killbison renamed into Ironbison
-Hellbat renamed into Fellbat
-Killbison being toy-accurate gold instead of screen-accurate orange
-Killbison being a single-barreled tank and not a double-barreled tank
-Gaihawk being misspelled as Guyhawk
-Grey horns and batwings on the heads of Killbison and Hellbat
-Deszaras (just the whole figure)
-Black head on Liokaiser

Liokaiser is my favorite Combiner of them all and this actually kinda brings him to shame...
Re: Hasbro Press Event: Transformers Combiner Wars Liokaiser Revealed!!! #HasbroSDCC (1807542)
Posted by william-james88 on July 21st, 2016 @ 12:38pm CDT
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:Dammit!! not a platinum!! I really had hoped this was retail!!!

Platinums are still retail, just exclusive to a particular retailer. But its still retail. I am estimating 150$ for this set and then it will lower to 100$ from whichever retailer has it (either Target or Amazon) and that will make it about the same price people bought the other combiners at. I have no doubt people will be able to get this guy for 100$ in the end.

And I am surprized at how positive people are, even the more "negative" opinions.

As optimistic as I sometimes am, I think the combiner is a failure.

I wil say that I love the 2 jet arms, the headsculpts are awesome especially Fellbat. Thats wicked.

But I hate that brawl mold and is not like they changed anything to it aside from th headsculpts (unless I am wrong).

But to me the big slap on the face is the torso. Frankly, this doesnt look anything like Liokaiser. This is Liokaiser:

What the fuck is this?

That shit looks nothing like Liokaiser. They actually had a lionhead for the torso, and they paint it Black?! That unpainted plastic face looks bad too, it doesnt have that evil look Liokaiser usually has. It looks really off. Plus, the torso is all wrong. I have no clue why they couldnt just paint the chest all green to simulate the plane front. The black makes no sense there too. This looks like a third party toy doing a Neo G1 look to avoid copy right.

And Dezaurus looks like crap too. Skylynx at elast turned from a shuttle to a dinosaur bird but with these colours, that doesnt look like an alt mode in the least. It looks weird and goofy as all hell, making it totally useless. So all we end up with that is of any value with dezaurus is his "beast" mode (which looks nothing lik Deathsaurus) and a torso mode which looks nothing like Liokaiser's torso.

And he doesnt even come with the weapon on his box.

Wipe that smile off your face!
Re: Hasbro Press Event: Transformers Combiner Wars Liokaiser Revealed!!! #HasbroSDCC (1807543)
Posted by Gearslide on July 21st, 2016 @ 12:39pm CDT
CommanderShadowmus wrote:Things that went wrong:
-Killbison renamed into Ironbison
-Hellbat renamed into Fellbat
-Killbison being toy-accurate gold instead of screen-accurate orange
-Killbison being a single-barreled tank and not a double-barreled tank
-Gaihawk being misspelled as Guyhawk
-Grey horns and batwings on the heads of Killbison and Hellbat
-Deszaras (just the whole figure)
-Black head on Liokaiser

Well, if Super Ginrai is any indication, there's always hope with Takara. Seems they'll go the extra mile if it means making the figure better.
Re: Hasbro Press Event: Transformers Combiner Wars Liokaiser Revealed!!! #HasbroSDCC (1807552)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on July 21st, 2016 @ 12:44pm CDT
I mean, I still like the looks of him. And I hope you're right about the dropping price. Makes me hope that I'll actually have money when he drops that low
Re: Hasbro Press Event: Transformers Combiner Wars Liokaiser Revealed!!! #HasbroSDCC (1807553)
Posted by Kurona on July 21st, 2016 @ 12:45pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Wipe that smile off your face!

Woah... I've never seen you so angry at one particular toy :shock:

But yeah, generally I kinda agree with you. I do want that Hellbat and Guyhawk tho, individually those two are pretty rad
Re: Hasbro Press Event: Transformers Combiner Wars Liokaiser Revealed!!! #HasbroSDCC (1807557)
Posted by Tigertrack on July 21st, 2016 @ 12:49pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:

As optimistic as I sometimes am, I think the combiner is a failure.

What the **** is this?

That **** looks nothing like Liokaiser. They actually had a lionhead for the torso, and they paint it Black?! That unpainted plastic face looks bad too, it doesnt have that evil look Liokaiser usually has. It looks really off. Plus, the torso is all wrong. I have no clue why they couldnt just paint the chest all green to simulate the plane front. The black makes no sense there too. This looks like a third party toy doing a Neo G1 look to avoid copy right.

And he doesnt even come with the weapon on his box.

Wipe that smile off your face!

I wrote a post about how I disliked the tanks, the Brawl mode is terrible, and maybe they could get at least the TT Nosecone mold (Rook retool) for Drillhorn. But when I submitted it to the internet ate it.

And of course, I want the three missing members. I'm not a fan of the Dezaurus that they made, it's Shattered Glass Sky Lynx or something.

Lio's head and torso don't bother me much, it's not exactly G1, but it could be modern g1-update version sure.

I'm not like drop dead happy with this, but I'm okay with it being around for an option, and as a bridge to help introduce people to Japanese G1 that may not know anything about it.
Re: Hasbro Press Event: Transformers Combiner Wars Liokaiser Revealed!!! #HasbroSDCC (1807577)
Posted by Deadput on July 21st, 2016 @ 1:04pm CDT
CommanderShadowmus wrote:Things that went wrong:
-Killbison renamed into Ironbison
-Hellbat renamed into Fellbat
-Killbison being toy-accurate gold instead of screen-accurate orange
-Killbison being a single-barreled tank and not a double-barreled tank
-Gaihawk being misspelled as Guyhawk
-Grey horns and batwings on the heads of Killbison and Hellbat
-Deszaras (just the whole figure)
-Black head on Liokaiser

1 and 2: Name changes is justified this is north America and these toys are for children they kinda can't have kill or hell in their toys names.

3: Oh no a character is only a slightly different color shade and looks like one version of him instead of another oh the horror!

4: Does it really matter how many cannons this guy has?

5: Two different spellings of the same name boo hoo.

6: and 8: Oh god color changes everything is terrible Hasblow has failed us again I couldn't just paint over the grey!

7: I agree bad mold choice but I think the paint is great on him.
Re: Hasbro Press Event: Transformers Combiner Wars Liokaiser Revealed!!! #HasbroSDCC (1807586)
Posted by Deadput on July 21st, 2016 @ 1:11pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:

What the **** is this?

OH MY GOD THE COLOR IS BLACK INSTEAD OF GREEN END OF THE WORLD EH?!

william-james88 wrote:

Wipe that smile off your face!

Someone is happy about toys at a toy convention how dare he!
Re: Hasbro Press Event: Transformers Combiner Wars Liokaiser Revealed!!! #HasbroSDCC (1807590)
Posted by william-james88 on July 21st, 2016 @ 1:12pm CDT
Tigertrack wrote:

Thats is a great way of looking at this and a very positive way to see it. Still doesnt make it better for those who know what is being referneced though :lol:
;)^

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

Buy "Transformers thrilling 30 springer" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege Deluxe Bluestreak! War for Cybertron Walmart Exclusive Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-24 Star Saber & KFC Simba Signature Edition LE 499" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers-  Combiner Wars- Aerialbots (Superion)- Air Raid Skydive Firefly" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Series Action Figure: LG23 Galvatron" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Victory G1 Takara 1989 Complete C-324 STAR SABER Headmasters Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Offroad SEALED CW G1 Generations Menasor Stunticons" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Breakdown SEALED CW G1 Menasor Generations Stunticons" on EBAY