This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Hasbro reveals 5 nominees for "Hall-of-Fame" from "Fan's Choice" slot

Transformers News: Hasbro reveals 5 nominees for "Hall-of-Fame" from "Fan's Choice" slot

Monday, May 3rd, 2010 2:18PM CDT

Categories: Event News, Company News
Posted by: Seibertron   Views: 37,511

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

We received this message a few minutes ago from Hasbro ...

Hasbro wrote:Good Afternoon:

After tallying the results from several Transformers fan sites that ran
polls and forums, Hasbro is excited to start revealing the five nominees for
the "Fan's Choice" slot in the inaugural class of the Transformers Hall of
Fame. Each day this week (from today through Friday), Hasbro will unveil
one more candidate on Transformers.com.

Click on the link to see the first nominee:

http://www.hasbro.com/transformers/en_U ... inee-1.cfm

Then, starting next Monday (May 10), Transformers fans from around the world
can visit Transformers.com to cast their vote. The robot receiving the most
fan votes will be inducted in the Transformers Hall of Fame on June 26, 2010
at BotCon alongside Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Megatron and Starscream, which
have already been selected by Hasbro's Transformers Hall of Fame internal
panel of judges.

Roll Out!
Credit(s): Hasbro

News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Hasbro reveals 5 nominees for "Hall-of-Fame" from "Fan's Choice" slot (1070473)
Posted by Forgotten on May 3rd, 2010 @ 2:29pm CDT
:APPLAUSE: :CON: Yeah, I think everybody saw this coming. I'm sure Grimlock will be revealed tomorrow. And i'm betting for Shockwave later in the week as well.
Re: Hasbro reveals 5 nominees for "Hall-of-Fame" from "Fan's Choice" slot (1070474)
Posted by UltraPrimal on May 3rd, 2010 @ 2:38pm CDT
I hope Dinobot get chosen :PRAY: .
Re: Hasbro reveals 5 nominees for "Hall-of-Fame" from "Fan's Choice" slot (1070497)
Posted by Jetstorm92210 on May 3rd, 2010 @ 3:33pm CDT
Go for it Soundwave! Though, it's going to be difficult deciding between him and Dinobot.
Re: Hasbro reveals 5 nominees for "Hall-of-Fame" from "Fan's Choice" slot (1070506)
Posted by Soundwave__Superior on May 3rd, 2010 @ 4:19pm CDT
Soundwave's got my vote!
Re: Hasbro reveals 5 nominees for "Hall-of-Fame" from "Fan's Choice" slot (1070514)
Posted by Mechas8n on May 3rd, 2010 @ 5:16pm CDT
Wheelie! Wheelie! Wheelie!
Re: Hasbro reveals 5 nominees for "Hall-of-Fame" from "Fan's Choice" slot (1070516)
Posted by Darth Bombshell on May 3rd, 2010 @ 5:19pm CDT
SOUNDWAVE’s origins are a mystery to all including MEGATRON. His distinct ability to symbiotically partner with MINI-CONS (aka Deployers) grants him an ability to go where others can’t and get what others want.


Is that what they're calling the cassettes now?
Re: Hasbro reveals 5 nominees for "Hall-of-Fame" from "Fan's Choice" slot (1070537)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 3rd, 2010 @ 6:58pm CDT
Yeah! Soundwave is most DEFINITELY superior! In fact, in the Heavy Metal War, I made a tribute to him by creating Thunderstrike, the son of Mindmaster made from the wreckage of his ship, the Millennium. I told you guys he'd win! (Not really :lol: :lol: :lol: )
Re: Hasbro reveals 5 nominees for "Hall-of-Fame" from "Fan's Choice" slot (1070636)
Posted by Pyrostrata on May 3rd, 2010 @ 11:06pm CDT
Go Soundwave! No shocker he'd get nominated, but I am glad to see he's the first one!

It'll be Megatron next (Pyro has her fingers crossed!)
Re: Hasbro reveals 5 nominees for "Hall-of-Fame" from "Fan's Choice" slot (1070640)
Posted by emeraldbeacon on May 3rd, 2010 @ 11:17pm CDT
Bah. Soundwave barely deserves to be in the Hall of Fame at all, let alone in the inaugural class. All together now...

HE NEVER DID ANYTHING OF WORTH!

Choose someone for the first group that's not just another G1 Groupie. Choose someone who actually has a personality of his own. Choose someone on the basis of his own actions. Choose Dinobot!

(Heck, Grimlock would be a much better choice, at least he DID something when he was on screen or on the page.)
Re: Hasbro reveals 5 nominees for "Hall-of-Fame" from "Fan's Choice" slot (1070663)
Posted by Editor on May 4th, 2010 @ 1:02am CDT
Pyrostrata wrote:Go Soundwave! No shocker he'd get nominated, but I am glad to see he's the first one!

It'll be Megatron next (Pyro has her fingers crossed!)


Err... Pyro, Megs was already announced.

emeraldbeacon wrote:Bah. Soundwave barely deserves to be in the Hall of Fame at all, let alone in the inaugural class. All together now...

HE NEVER DID ANYTHING OF WORTH!

Choose someone for the first group that's not just another G1 Groupie. Choose someone who actually has a personality of his own. Choose someone on the basis of his own actions. Choose Dinobot![/size]


You are kidding right? Soundwave has one of the impressive list of activities of any of the G1 characters.

Dinobot is a highly impressive character in his own right, and also deserves to receive a nomination, But it is for his honour that he has achieved his following, and to discredit Soundwave with nontruths belittles his commitment to honour.

Vote for the candidate with charisma and proven leadership. Vote for Soundwave.
Re: Hasbro reveals 5 nominees for "Hall-of-Fame" from "Fan's Choice" slot (1070747)
Posted by Mach on May 4th, 2010 @ 9:58am CDT
Hasbro Inc today has revealed the second nominee of the final slot of the Transformers Hall Of Fame.
He is the creator of Computron, always feels he is more capable than Optimus Prime to lead the Autobot and the leader of Dinobot - Grimlock.

Check out the Hasbro article on Grimlock:
"Fan’s choice nominee #2 is: GRIMLOCK

“Me GRIMLOCK king!”

GRIMLOCK fought his way through the gladiatorial pits underneath Kaon to become one of the greatest warriors on CYBERTRON. Having joined the AUTOBOTS early on during the Great War, GRIMLOCK made it clear he never trusted OPTIMUS PRIME to properly lead the AUTOBOTS. Due to his shock and awe approach to combat, GRIMLOCK is not regarded as a great military leader. However, he has fought and survived through enough battles to earn top ranking position among the AUTOBOTS. Having struck out on his own, GRIMLOCK eventually found himself leader of the DINOBOTS, a special operations strike force unit that can power through most barricades and DECEPTICON strongholds. During a battle with the DECEPTICON SCORPONOK, GRIMLOCK’s vocal processors were damaged, leading to his awkward and distinct way of speaking. If GRIMLOCK has a weakness, it is his larger than Prime ego and his lack of patience.


Image

Check out Hasbro official website here: http://www.hasbro.com/transformers/en_U ... inee-2.cfm
Re: Hasbro reveals 5 nominees for "Hall-of-Fame" from "Fan's Choice" slot (1070749)
Posted by Overloaded on May 4th, 2010 @ 10:06am CDT
I am still holding out for Jazz to be number five
Re: Hasbro reveals 5 nominees for "Hall-of-Fame" from "Fan's Choice" slot (1070752)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on May 4th, 2010 @ 10:10am CDT
No real surprise Grimlock gets a nom. Honestly... never liked him that much, but I will acknowledge he deserves it.
Re: Hasbro reveals 5 nominees for "Hall-of-Fame" from "Fan's Choice" slot (1070769)
Posted by First-Aid on May 4th, 2010 @ 10:47am CDT
Hail him Grimlock! :P :KREMZEEK:
Re: Hasbro reveals 5 nominees for "Hall-of-Fame" from "Fan's Choice" slot (1070791)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 4th, 2010 @ 11:25am CDT
Who knew? I knew. Anyone else knew? Yes, everyone else knew, except for those who don't even KNOW who Grimlock is. He's an obvious choice for runner up. If they would put his beast mode in the Heavy Metal War game, I MIGHT use it for a new character. Other than that, all Cassette Players are awesome, which include my homies Soundwave and Thunderstrike. :lol:
Re: Hasbro reveals 5 nominees for "Hall-of-Fame" from "Fan's Choice" slot (1070793)
Posted by Pyrostrata on May 4th, 2010 @ 11:30am CDT
Editor wrote:
Pyrostrata wrote:Go Soundwave! No shocker he'd get nominated, but I am glad to see he's the first one!

It'll be Megatron next (Pyro has her fingers crossed!)


Err... Pyro, Megs was already announced.


Just now caught that. #-o
Re: Hasbro reveals 5 nominees for "Hall-of-Fame" from "Fan's Choice" slot (1070872)
Posted by Chaoslock on May 4th, 2010 @ 4:58pm CDT
All Hail Grimlock!
Re: Hasbro reveals 5 nominees for "Hall-of-Fame" from "Fan's Choice" slot (1070898)
Posted by GEEWUN on May 4th, 2010 @ 7:21pm CDT
SOUNDWAVE WILL DOMINATE!!!!
Re: Hasbro reveals 5 nominees for "Hall-of-Fame" from "Fan's Choice" slot (1070920)
Posted by emeraldbeacon on May 4th, 2010 @ 8:27pm CDT
Editor wrote:
emeraldbeacon wrote:Bah. Soundwave barely deserves to be in the Hall of Fame at all, let alone in the inaugural class. All together now...

HE NEVER DID ANYTHING OF WORTH!

Choose someone for the first group that's not just another G1 Groupie. Choose someone who actually has a personality of his own. Choose someone on the basis of his own actions. Choose Dinobot![/size]


You are kidding right? Soundwave has one of the impressive list of activities of any of the G1 characters.

Dinobot is a highly impressive character in his own right, and also deserves to receive a nomination, But it is for his honour that he has achieved his following, and to discredit Soundwave with nontruths belittles his commitment to honour.

Vote for the candidate with charisma and proven leadership. Vote for Soundwave.


I reiterate... Soundwave never did anything of worth or value on his own. His greatest achievements were the result of someone else's orders, or his minions' actions... not his. He had a cool toy and a cool voice... and that's about it.

Now, I'm resigned to his induction to the hall of fame, sadly misguided as it may be... I just wish more people would see him for the tool that he is, rather than someone with an actual PERSONALITY.

(Tomorrow's reveal prediction: Shockwave)
Re: Hasbro reveals 5 nominees for "Hall-of-Fame" from "Fan's Choice" slot (1071046)
Posted by Amelie on May 5th, 2010 @ 4:28am CDT
I think Soundwave thoroughly deserves his position in the Hall-of-Fame. His toy is excellent, the gimmick works wonderfully, and if you've read the marvel US\UK comics from the 80s, he's a sinister, power-grabbing bastard to boot.

If Shockwave wins next year, I'll be a very happy bunny.
Re: Hasbro reveals 5 nominees for "Hall-of-Fame" from "Fan's Choice" slot (1071101)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on May 5th, 2010 @ 8:04am CDT
Hasbro has revealed the third Hall of Fame candidate today. Straight out of coolsville, melodiously voiced by Scatman Crothers, and a brilliant strategist in his own right, Autobot Jazz is the next nominee.

Hasbro wrote:Fan’s choice nominee #3 is: AUTOBOT JAZZ
"I do everything with style!”

Before OPTIMUS PRIME became leader of the AUTOBOTS, he was known as Orion Pax and AUTOBOT JAZZ was his closest friend. Respected by his fellow AUTOBOTS for always taking the most dangerous missions in the war against the DECEPTICONS, AUTOBOT JAZZ became one of the best lieutenants for OPTIMUS PRIME. Always selecting a fast and stylish alt mode that reflects his cool and competent demeanor, and having studied the ways of the Cyber-Ninja, AUTOBOT JAZZ always takes in the situation before making any decisions. Once on Earth, AUTOBOT JAZZ quickly became enthralled with its many different cultures. Fascinated by Earth’s music, AUTOBOT JAZZ seamlessly picked up human slang, which he often uses to relieve tension amongst the ranks.

Image


You can see the entry in its entirety here. You can also check out galleries of Reissue Autobot Jazz, G2 Jazz, and many more.
Re: Hasbro reveals 5 nominees for "Hall-of-Fame" from "Fan's Choice" slot (1071121)
Posted by Jenus on May 5th, 2010 @ 8:46am CDT
Awesome Jazz made it in! As Lil Jon said "Yeeeeeah"
Re: Hasbro reveals 5 nominees for "Hall-of-Fame" from "Fan's Choice" slot (1071124)
Posted by Julie85 on May 5th, 2010 @ 8:55am CDT
"Before OPTIMUS PRIME became leader of the AUTOBOTS, he was known as Orion Pax and AUTOBOT JAZZ was his closest friend."

Wait, are they trying to imply that Jazz is Dion?!

Great that Jazz got in. Hard to decide between him and Grimlock, but I'll probably go with Grimlock.
Re: Hasbro reveals 5 nominees for "Hall-of-Fame" from "Fan's Choice" slot (1071169)
Posted by Diem on May 5th, 2010 @ 9:56am CDT
Julie85 wrote:"Before OPTIMUS PRIME became leader of the AUTOBOTS, he was known as Orion Pax and AUTOBOT JAZZ was his closest friend."

Wait, are they trying to imply that Jazz is Dion?!

Great that Jazz got in. Hard to decide between him and Grimlock, but I'll probably go with Grimlock.

No, Jazz was Ariel. Dion became Elita-1. Alpha Trion was a little senile even back then.
Re: Hasbro reveals 5 nominees for "Hall-of-Fame" from "Fan's Choice" slot (1071221)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on May 5th, 2010 @ 11:45am CDT
And the nominees just got an infusion of funk. 8)
Re: Hasbro reveals 5 nominees for "Hall-of-Fame" from "Fan's Choice" slot (1071247)
Posted by Tigertrack on May 5th, 2010 @ 12:38pm CDT
So the fans pick the bots, but the stories are for the kids...

Soundwave has minicons...
Jazz was Prime's BFF...

Did we know that thing about GRimlock's vocal processor glitch caused by Scorponok? Or is this a retcon like the others?
Re: Hasbro reveals 5 nominees for "Hall-of-Fame" from "Fan's Choice" slot (1071280)
Posted by Jetstorm92210 on May 5th, 2010 @ 2:15pm CDT
tigertracks 24 wrote:So the fans pick the bots, but the stories are for the kids...

Soundwave has minicons...
Jazz was Prime's BFF...

Did we know that thing about GRimlock's vocal processor glitch caused by Scorponok? Or is this a retcon like the others?


It's a retcon, but nobody knows for which continuity. It doesn't matter because all the characters are a composite of most of their previous incarnations, except for Grimlock who is mostly his Marvel Comics self.
Re: Hasbro reveals 5 nominees for "Hall-of-Fame" from "Fan's Choice" slot (1071347)
Posted by optimalprime2170 on May 5th, 2010 @ 5:46pm CDT
I am glad jazz made it in there :APPLAUSE:
Re: Hasbro reveals 5 nominees for "Hall-of-Fame" from "Fan's Choice" slot (1071394)
Posted by Blurrz on May 5th, 2010 @ 7:40pm CDT
Seibertron's 3 for 3 so far :)
Re: Hasbro reveals 5 nominees for "Hall-of-Fame" from "Fan's Choice" slot (1071419)
Posted by UltraPrimal on May 5th, 2010 @ 8:40pm CDT
COME ON DINOBOT! Give me some Beast Wars love, Hasbro!
Re: Hasbro reveals 5 nominees for "Hall-of-Fame" from "Fan's Choice" slot (1071574)
Posted by Mach on May 6th, 2010 @ 7:35am CDT
Today Hasbro Inc has revealed the 4th nominee for Fan’s Choice finalists for TRANSFORMERS HALL OF FAME. Together with Soundwave, he is another Megatron loyalist - Shockwave.

Check out Hasbro description on this fan's choice:

"Fan’s choice nominee #4 is: SHOCKWAVE
“Clarity of thought is the key to deciding your actions.”

The cold and calculating mind of SHOCKWAVE makes most DECEPTICONS question and fear his true intensions. SHOCKWAVE has always secretly sought control over the DECEPTICONS, but believes all of CYBERTRON will benefit from his scientific and logical approach to rule. Perhaps as powerful as MEGATRON, SHOCKWAVE will loyally serve the DECEPTICON leader until the time inevitably comes when logic dictates that MEGATRON must be retired permanently. In the meantime, SHOCKWAVE uses his vast knowledge to plan military assaults on AUTOBOT forces and to perform gruesome experiments on other TRANSFORMERS. Perhaps his only weakness is letting his emotions get the better of him, leading to spontaneous and irrational actions.


Image

You can view original post here: http://www.hasbro.com/transformers/en_U ... inee-4.cfm
Re: Hasbro reveals 5 nominees for "Hall-of-Fame" from "Fan's Choice" slot (1071582)
Posted by RiddlerJ on May 6th, 2010 @ 7:51am CDT
OH YEAHHHHH!

Shockwave was always one of my favorates but I honestly didn't think he would make the list.

The whole letting his emotions get the better of him is a little confounding. Didn't he only do then once in his spotlight?
Re: Hasbro reveals 5 nominees for "Hall-of-Fame" from "Fan's Choice" slot (1071583)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on May 6th, 2010 @ 7:54am CDT
Shockwave, the 'logical' choice. ;)

Well, four down and one to go.
Re: Hasbro reveals 5 nominees for "Hall-of-Fame" from "Fan's Choice" slot (1071620)
Posted by First-Aid on May 6th, 2010 @ 9:14am CDT
I can't agree with this choice and here's why:

Shockwave really has not been as pervasive in the TF universe as some of the others. I believe he was in Energon and Animated, besides G1, but that's it. His role in the cartoon was rare compared to the other nominees and very bland at that- a couple lines here and there. There are much better choices...Prowl, Ironhide,Rumble, Devastator (who has been in FAR more toy lines, btw), Ultra Magnus. The only canon he was ever a regular in was the comic book.
Re: Hasbro reveals 5 nominees for "Hall-of-Fame" from "Fan's Choice" slot (1071625)
Posted by DreadwindsGhost on May 6th, 2010 @ 9:28am CDT
Amelie wrote:I think Soundwave thoroughly deserves his position in the Hall-of-Fame. His toy is excellent, the gimmick works wonderfully, and if you've read the marvel US\UK comics from the 80s, he's a sinister, power-grabbing bastard to boot.

If Shockwave wins next year, I'll be a very happy bunny.


Agreed, on all counts.
Re: Hasbro reveals 5 nominees for "Hall-of-Fame" from "Fan's Choice" slot (1071641)
Posted by RiddlerJ on May 6th, 2010 @ 9:57am CDT
First-Aid wrote:I can't agree with this choice and here's why:

Shockwave really has not been as pervasive in the TF universe as some of the others. I believe he was in Energon and Animated, besides G1, but that's it. His role in the cartoon was rare compared to the other nominees and very bland at that- a couple lines here and there. There are much better choices...Prowl, Ironhide,Rumble, Devastator (who has been in FAR more toy lines, btw), Ultra Magnus. The only canon he was ever a regular in was the comic book.


Rumble? Really?

Actually, I'd like to contend that. He still was pretty well known from the cartoon and was and continues to be a large presence in all the comics. Prowl appeared less in the cartoon and comics until Furman established him as basically a foil to make Grimlock look cool. Ironhide,I could see as a good choice, since he'sretty prevailant, I would also see Ratchet who has had a lot of time in a lot of continuites, and Devestator as the first Gesalt and one of the most popular would be good too.

But Shockwave is a good choice.
Re: Hasbro reveals 5 nominees for "Hall-of-Fame" from "Fan's Choice" slot (1071647)
Posted by Cliffjumper Prime on May 6th, 2010 @ 10:06am CDT
anyone else think it's funny that 3 out of the 4 voted to be the most popular still don't have classics/universe/generations toys? :-?
Re: Hasbro reveals 5 nominees for "Hall-of-Fame" from "Fan's Choice" slot (1071742)
Posted by First-Aid on May 6th, 2010 @ 2:57pm CDT
OK, maybe Rumble was a bad example. But lets face it...Rumble got a ton more air time in the G1 cartoon than Shockwave ever did. Ironhide was a better example. I would even go with Jetfire over Shockwave. I don't know if there has been a Transformers toy line that HASN'T had a Jetfire of some type in it. And his story is deeply involved in the mythos of the TF origins.
Re: Hasbro reveals 5 nominees for "Hall-of-Fame" from "Fan's Choice" slot (1071753)
Posted by Pyrostrata on May 6th, 2010 @ 3:27pm CDT
Mach wrote:Today Hasbro Inc has revealed the 4th nominee for Fan’s Choice finalists for TRANSFORMERS HALL OF FAME. Together with Soundwave, he is another Megatron loyalist - Shockwave.

Check out Hasbro description on this fan's choice:

"Fan’s choice nominee #4 is: SHOCKWAVE



HURRAY! I just LOVE the Mighty One-Eyed Freak! :lol: He may have been a mewling do-next-to-nothing on the G1 cartoon (what he did do was merely implied....as if holding Cybertron for the Decepticon cause for millions of years while Megatron was indisposed isn't epic enough!), but the comics just polished that up and made him one of the biggest baddest Decepticons ever!
Re: Hasbro reveals 5 nominees for "Hall-of-Fame" from "Fan's Choice" slot (1072011)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on May 7th, 2010 @ 11:45am CDT
Hasbro has revealed the fifth and final nominee for the Fan's Choice slot in the Transformers Hall of Fame: Beast Wars Dinobot!

Hasbro wrote:Fan’s choice nominee #5 is: DINOBOT
"Let me be judged accordingly. The rest is silence.”

Once feared as a PREDACON, DINOBOT found himself stranded alongside MEGATRON in the distant past. There, his code of honor led him to make a choice between following MEGATRON or standing against him. Eventually, DINOBOT joined the heroic MAXIMALS and fought in the BEAST WARS over control of ENERGON, the fate of the human species and CYBERTRON itself. Having sacrificed his life in an honorable stance against the PREDACONS, DINOBOT was cloned by MEGATRON and reborn into Transmetal 2 DINOBOT. By splitting in half the spark in PREDACON RAMPAGE™, MEGATRON was able to control this clone and wield him as a weapon. With the destruction of RAMPAGE, Transmetal 2 DINOBOT’s spark became whole again, along with the consciousness of the warrior that once took hold of this new form and helped save the day.

Image


You can see the entry in its entirety here. You can also check out galleries of Dinobot's original toy form, 10th Anniversary Version, Universe 2.0 Version and many more.
Re: Hasbro reveals 5 nominees for "Hall-of-Fame" from "Fan's Choice" slot (1072012)
Posted by Seibertron on May 7th, 2010 @ 11:50am CDT
Man I almost want to vote for Dinobot simply because he's not G1 and he'd symbolize what Beast Wars did for this hobby. I doubt many of you'd be here right now if it wasn't for the Beast Wars series bringing life back into this franchise.

Dinobot, Shockwave, or Soundwave? Hm.
Re: Hasbro reveals 5 nominees for "Hall-of-Fame" from "Fan's Choice" slot (1072014)
Posted by Chaoslock on May 7th, 2010 @ 11:52am CDT
OLD CHOPPERFACE!
Re: Hasbro reveals 5 nominees for "Hall-of-Fame" from "Fan's Choice" slot (1072022)
Posted by HighPrime on May 7th, 2010 @ 12:10pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:Man I almost want to vote for Dinobot simply because he's not G1 and he'd symbolize what Beast Wars did for this hobby. I doubt many of you'd be here right now if it wasn't for the Beast Wars series bringing life back into this franchise.

Dinobot, Shockwave, or Soundwave? Hm.



Not me. It was stumbling upon RiD Optimus Prime completely by accident in a Wal-mart that brought me back. "When did they start making Transformers again?" was my first thought. Little did I know they had never really stopped making them.

I had caught Beast Wars a few times in the past, but eh... didn't care. Wasn't until many years later that I really appreciated it. Great series, and I'm glad Dinobot got a nomination. There's no way he's making it in this year, though, however hopeful any of us are.
Re: Hasbro reveals 5 nominees for "Hall-of-Fame" from "Fan's Choice" slot (1072025)
Posted by Seibertron on May 7th, 2010 @ 12:17pm CDT
HighPrime wrote:
Seibertron wrote:Man I almost want to vote for Dinobot simply because he's not G1 and he'd symbolize what Beast Wars did for this hobby. I doubt many of you'd be here right now if it wasn't for the Beast Wars series bringing life back into this franchise.

Dinobot, Shockwave, or Soundwave? Hm.



Not me. It was stumbling upon RiD Optimus Prime completely by accident in a Wal-mart that brought me back. "When did they start making Transformers again?" was my first thought. Little did I know they had never really stopped making them.

I had caught Beast Wars a few times in the past, but eh... didn't care. Wasn't until many years later that I really appreciated it. Great series, and I'm glad Dinobot got a nomination. There's no way he's making it in this year, though, however hopeful any of us are.


That wasn't what I meant. I meant that everything that came after Beast Wars theoretically owes its existence to Beast Wars, Car Robots / RID included.
Re: Hasbro reveals 5 nominees for "Hall-of-Fame" from "Fan's Choice" slot (1072026)
Posted by UltraPrimal on May 7th, 2010 @ 12:18pm CDT
YES! There is a god and his name is Dinobot!!! :KREMZEEK: :DANCE:

Seibertron wrote:Man I almost want to vote for Dinobot simply because he's not G1 and he'd symbolize what Beast Wars did for this hobby. I doubt many of you'd be here right now if it wasn't for the Beast Wars series bringing life back into this franchise.

Dinobot, Shockwave, or Soundwave? Hm.

Dinobot! Vote Dinobot! Vote Beast Wars! Beast Wars saved the Transformers franchise just like how Dinobot saved humanity(Code of Hero), not to mention all the GeeWun fossils on board the Ark(Nemesis Part 2).



Optimus Primal: "Well fought, my friend. You saved the valley. You saved the lives of those who live here... and of those who are still to come."
Dinobot: "Then... there is nothing to regret."
Rattrap: "Like I said, you're just a blasted, slag-spouting saurian, but... it's nice to know where you stand."
Dinobot:"Upwind of you, for preference, vermin. ...Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly, the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence."


Optimus:"He lived a warrior... and died a hero. Let his spark join the Matrix, the greatest of Cybertron."


Optimus:"'In the Spark of an enemy, there will be salvation; and in the darkest hour, there will be a light.'"
Rattrap:"Yeah, from a very unexpected source – Ol' Chopperface's clone. Who'da thunk it?"
Optimus:"And let us never forget those other brave bots, whose sacrifice safeguarded past, present and future."
Re: Hasbro reveals 5 nominees for "Hall-of-Fame" from "Fan's Choice" slot (1072029)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on May 7th, 2010 @ 12:33pm CDT
UltraPrimal wrote:YES! There is a god and his name is Dinobot!!! :KREMZEEK: :DANCE:

Seibertron wrote:Man I almost want to vote for Dinobot simply because he's not G1 and he'd symbolize what Beast Wars did for this hobby. I doubt many of you'd be here right now if it wasn't for the Beast Wars series bringing life back into this franchise.

Dinobot, Shockwave, or Soundwave? Hm.

Dinobot! Vote Dinobot! Vote Beast Wars! Beast Wars saved the Transformers franchise just like how Dinobot saved humanity(Code of Hero), not to mention all the GeeWun fossils on board the Ark(Nemesis Part 2).



Optimus Primal: "Well fought, my friend. You saved the valley. You saved the lives of those who live here... and of those who are still to come."
Dinobot: "Then... there is nothing to regret."
Rattrap: "Like I said, you're just a blasted, slag-spouting saurian, but... it's nice to know where you stand."
Dinobot:"Upwind of you, for preference, vermin. ...Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly, the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence."


Optimus:"He lived a warrior... and died a hero. Let his spark join the Matrix, the greatest of Cybertron."


Optimus:"'In the Spark of an enemy, there will be salvation; and in the darkest hour, there will be a light.'"
Rattrap:"Yeah, from a very unexpected source – Ol' Chopperface's clone. Who'da thunk it?"
Optimus:"And let us never forget those other brave bots, whose sacrifice safeguarded past, present and future."


36 Minutes after I posted....Tsk Tsk. I was expecting sooner ;-)
Re: Hasbro reveals 5 nominees for "Hall-of-Fame" from "Fan's Choice" slot (1072031)
Posted by HighPrime on May 7th, 2010 @ 12:43pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:
HighPrime wrote:
Seibertron wrote:Man I almost want to vote for Dinobot simply because he's not G1 and he'd symbolize what Beast Wars did for this hobby. I doubt many of you'd be here right now if it wasn't for the Beast Wars series bringing life back into this franchise.

Dinobot, Shockwave, or Soundwave? Hm.



Not me. It was stumbling upon RiD Optimus Prime completely by accident in a Wal-mart that brought me back. "When did they start making Transformers again?" was my first thought. Little did I know they had never really stopped making them.

I had caught Beast Wars a few times in the past, but eh... didn't care. Wasn't until many years later that I really appreciated it. Great series, and I'm glad Dinobot got a nomination. There's no way he's making it in this year, though, however hopeful any of us are.


That wasn't what I meant. I meant that everything that came after Beast Wars theoretically owes its existence to Beast Wars, Car Robots / RID included.



By that logic, you can point to every series except the one that finally fails as owing it's existence/success to the previous incarnations ;)


I get your point, though. Transformers was on the brink of being lost forever (at least in the US), until Beast Wars came long. The brand was at the closest it's ever been to failure. Even still, though, I'm certain it wouldn't have been lost forever, Beast Wars or not. :)
Re: Hasbro reveals 5 nominees for "Hall-of-Fame" from "Fan's Choice" slot (1072044)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on May 7th, 2010 @ 1:13pm CDT
If it had come back, it probably would never have been as big as it is now. Beast Wars was and is one of the best things to happen in TF, bar none.

And DInobot... one of the most complex and well-written characters in TF. Again, not just Beast Wars, but the franchise. Code of Hero is in the top... four moments of TF as well. His ultimate redemption... and ultimate sacrifice.

He's got my vote.
Re: Hasbro reveals 5 nominees for "Hall-of-Fame" from "Fan's Choice" slot (1072060)
Posted by ALEXD4398 on May 7th, 2010 @ 1:56pm CDT
no one will agree but go fortress maximus, god ginrai and/or sixshot! :BOT: :CON:
Re: Hasbro reveals 5 nominees for "Hall-of-Fame" from "Fan's Choice" slot (1072067)
Posted by Editor on May 7th, 2010 @ 2:05pm CDT
ALEXD4398 wrote:no one will agree but go fortress maximus, god ginrai and/or sixshot! :BOT: :CON:


Too late for this year, but maybe next year.

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKILLZ PUNK Transformers BotBots Series 1 Techie Team 2018 Hasbro Game Cartridge"
SKILLZ PUNK Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Energon Volume 1 COMIC / PRODUCT CATALOG 2004 Optimus Prime Hasbro"
Transformers Energ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LEOBREAKER Transformers Cybertron Voyager complete Cyber Key vg08 2005 231101A"
LEOBREAKER Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BACKSTOP Transformers Cybertron Scout complete Hasbro 2005 220813A"
BACKSTOP Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MINI-CON SKYBOOM Transformers Attacktix Energon complete Hasbro 2006 230427B"
MINI-CON SKYBOOM T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SNOW CAT Transformers Energon Combat Class complete + instructions 2004 230427A"
SNOW CAT Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS ARMADA #6 Dreamwave Comics 2002 (W) Furman (A) Lee"
TRANSFORMERS ARMAD ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CAPTAIN CARTRIDGE Transformers BotBots Con Crew Line League handheld game 2019"
CAPTAIN CARTRIDGE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Cybertron Legends of Cybertron complete 2005 230719A"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MONOCLE Transformers Cybertron Mini-Con complete + instructions 2005 190615a"
MONOCLE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DARK ENERGON SHOCKWAVE Transformers Cyberverse Tiny Turbo Changers Series 4 2020"
DARK ENERGON SHOCK ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Energon Leader Class complete Hasbro 2004 240524A"
NEW!
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SMOKESCREEN Transformers Armada McDonald's Happy Meal Food Premium 2002 211006A"
SMOKESCREEN Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS ARMADA #1 FCBD Dreamwave Comics 2003 Free Comic Book Day (CA) Raiz"
TRANSFORMERS ARMAD ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #354 - Identity Crisis
Twincast / Podcast #354:
"Identity Crisis"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, July 13th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Perceptor and Convex" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Racing Trailer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Strafe" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Starscream Figure Action Figure" on AMAZON