Hasbro Toys"R"Us Exclusive Masterpiece Sunstorm Potential June Release

Hasbro Toys"R"Us Exclusive Masterpiece Sunstorm Potential June Release

Tuesday, May 27th, 2014 9:34pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sponsor News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 19,893

Site sponsor Robotkingdom has updated their pre-order for the Hasbro Toys"R"Us exclusive Masterpiece Sunstorm with a June release date. Hopefully this means we can expect to see this guy start showing up at retail soon. The pre-order can be viewed by clicking here.

Transformers News: Re: Masterpiece Sunstorm Found in TRU Computers - Possible US Release?

Credit(s): Robotkingdom

Re: Hasbro Toys"R"Us Exclusive Masterpiece Sunstorm Potential June Release (1577563)
Posted by megatronus on May 27th, 2014 @ 11:17pm CDT
I have the Japanese version, but I'm happy to pick this guy up.

Looking forward to the inevitable shelf-warming!
Re: Hasbro Toys"R"Us Exclusive Masterpiece Sunstorm Potential June Release (1577567)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on May 28th, 2014 @ 12:02am CDT
No MP for Quebec, shitty TrU, scalpers, yadda, yadda.

Fawk it, I already ordered MP-11 and if I ever want Sunstorm, I'll just get the bloody Takara one so I wont have to deal with the usual bull that always come with the Hasbro releases.
Re: Hasbro Toys"R"Us Exclusive Masterpiece Sunstorm Potential June Release (1577569)
Posted by Bounti76 on May 28th, 2014 @ 12:12am CDT
Re: Hasbro Toys"R"Us Exclusive Masterpiece Sunstorm Potential June Release (1577571)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 28th, 2014 @ 12:16am CDT
Bounti76 wrote:I have to ask the obvious question.....how is this website offering pre-orders.....for a figure that's an exclusive at a brick-and-mortar retailer? I'm genuinely wondering.
I presume they'll get their own stock from TRU, somehow.
Re: Hasbro Toys"R"Us Exclusive Masterpiece Sunstorm Potential June Release (1577575)
Posted by triKlops on May 28th, 2014 @ 12:27am CDT
Nice, i have been looking forward to getting my hands on this MP for a while.
Re: Hasbro Toys"R"Us Exclusive Masterpiece Sunstorm Potential June Release (1577589)
Posted by Bounti76 on May 28th, 2014 @ 1:47am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
I presume they'll get their own stock from TRU, somehow.

If they do....doesn't that kind of defeat the point of making Sunstorm an exclusive? It's almost like they're buying up extra stock and selling him at a higher price, for extra profit. People do this on eBay and they're called scalpers.

I admit, I'm not the most knowledgeable about this practice, but it just doesn't sit right with me.
Re: Hasbro Toys"R"Us Exclusive Masterpiece Sunstorm Potential June Release (1577593)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on May 28th, 2014 @ 2:03am CDT
damn it guys my wallet can only handle so much! :HEADHURTS: my credit card is screaming.
Re: Hasbro Toys"R"Us Exclusive Masterpiece Sunstorm Potential June Release (1578009)
Posted by Genocide G2.0 on May 29th, 2014 @ 12:18pm CDT
Toy Dojo Posted a Pic on FB of TRU's exclusive Masterpiece Sunstorm

Re: Hasbro Toys"R"Us Exclusive Masterpiece Sunstorm Potential June Release (1578017)
Posted by ScottyP on May 29th, 2014 @ 12:48pm CDT
Wow, that's, uh, jeez. Guess I need to stop procrastinating on MP-11S before it disappears.
Re: Hasbro Toys"R"Us Exclusive Masterpiece Sunstorm Potential June Release (1578031)
Posted by Ravage XK on May 29th, 2014 @ 1:53pm CDT
If Sunstorm comes to the UK then I will buy.

I would like to see a small change to the mold though, the flaps on the rear wheels on the jet should hinge the other way so the wheels are on the outside and not hidden away behind those flaps. Would make. A big difference to the look off the alt mode.
Re: Hasbro Toys"R"Us Exclusive Masterpiece Sunstorm Potential June Release (1578046)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 29th, 2014 @ 3:15pm CDT
That looks hideous! :SICK: :SICK: :SICK:

Hasbro, what have you done?! Image Image Image Image Image
Re: Hasbro Toys"R"Us Exclusive Masterpiece Sunstorm Potential June Release (1578053)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 29th, 2014 @ 3:26pm CDT
Well, the more hate this sucker gets, the better chance I have at getting him.

His colors aren't perfect, but it's enough for me to recognize that it's Sunstorm. If I ever get the money, I'll definitely try and pick him up.
Re: Hasbro Toys"R"Us Exclusive Masterpiece Sunstorm Potential June Release (1578054)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on May 29th, 2014 @ 3:26pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:That looks hideous! :SICK: :SICK: :SICK:

Hasbro, what have you done?! Image Image Image Image Image

"We took the well-received BotCon Sunstorm deco and applied to the coveted Masterpiece Starscream, making a combination no fan should be without" >:oP
Re: Hasbro Toys"R"Us Exclusive Masterpiece Sunstorm Potential June Release (1578073)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 29th, 2014 @ 4:07pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:That looks hideous! :SICK: :SICK: :SICK:

Hasbro, what have you done?! Image Image Image Image Image

Aside from the shoulders, it's doesn't even look like any existing Sunstorm deco out there, let alone the BotCon one.

And it may just be the quality of the image, but his yellow/gold/orange looks more like peach! #-o
Re: Hasbro Toys"R"Us Exclusive Masterpiece Sunstorm Potential June Release (1578083)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 29th, 2014 @ 4:49pm CDT
Upon second viewing, the closest Sunstorm deco this resembles is probably either Animated Sunstorm or ROTF The Game G1 Sunstorm. Except with both decos heavily messed up.

Score another boomeranged home run for new design team. >:oP
Re: Hasbro Toys"R"Us Exclusive Masterpiece Sunstorm Potential June Release (1578112)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 29th, 2014 @ 7:12pm CDT
Thanks to the Toy Dojo Facebook page, we finally see our first glimpse at Toys "R" Us's impending Masterpiece exclusive, Sunstorm! Based on comparisons by Seibertron.com user Sabrblade, it appears that Sunstorm's deco is an amalgam of his Animated self and how he appeared in the Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen game. Take a peek at what's to come!

Will this be a purchase for you? Will it not? Drop on by at the Energon Pub to discuss this new bit of Masterpiece news.
Re: Hasbro Toys"R"Us Exclusive Masterpiece Sunstorm Potential June Release (1578116)
Posted by welcometothedarksyde on May 29th, 2014 @ 7:28pm CDT
Well surprisingly the Takara version looks better IMO. I think it's the plastic color, if he was shifted to a creamsicle orange color he would look way better. This is in no way a "Masterpiece". Hope they do better with Skywarp
Re: Hasbro Toys"R"Us Exclusive Masterpiece Sunstorm Potential June Release (1578117)
Posted by ILL-Star on May 29th, 2014 @ 7:31pm CDT
I'm not typically too hard on TFs, but that paint job is absolutely terrible. It's cheap and pathetic. I was looking forward to this. Not anymore.

I didn't mind paying $75 for Thundercracker and Acid Storm. If this is an accurate picture, I will pass this up. Sad. Just sad. :-(
Re: Hasbro Toys"R"Us Exclusive Masterpiece Sunstorm Potential June Release (1578118)
Posted by Stormrider on May 29th, 2014 @ 7:46pm CDT
ehhh... :SICK:
Re: Hasbro Toys"R"Us Exclusive Masterpiece Sunstorm Potential June Release (1578122)
Posted by kirbenvost on May 29th, 2014 @ 7:56pm CDT
I'm surprised by the negative reactions... but maybe I shouldn't be, lol. I don't even like Sunstorm and I don't think it looks that bad. I like it a lot more than Acid Storm.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Brawn" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Robots In Disguise Combiner Force Sideswipe & Bumblebee MIX LOT 3’" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots In Disguise Combiner Force Stuntwing Mini Con" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Robots in Disguise GRIMLOCK Hasbro Warrior Class Combiner Force NIP" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Stormshot Jet Robots In Disguise Warrior Class Jet" on EBAY
Buy "STRONGARM Transformers - Robots in Disguise" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege Soundwave lot complete WFC Cassette Corp Ratbat Rumble Ravage" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise - CLIFFJUMPER  - NIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege Soundblaster complete WFC 35TH Anniversary Generations" on EBAY