Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece Bumblebee Released in Canada for $120

Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece Bumblebee Released in Canada for $120

Wednesday, June 15th, 2016 2:04pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 21,163

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Yours truly, fellow Seibertron staffer William-James88, went to Toysrus today to confirm a rumour involving Hasbro's release of Masterpiece Bumblebee. Sure enough, I was shown the locations where this toy is now available in Canada, along with the SKU# and price.

As of today, Hasbro's Masterpiece Bumblebee is in the stockrooms of Canadian Toysrus stores in:

British Columbia
Saskatchewan
Alberta
Manitoba

The SKU# is 819867 and it is priced at $119.99 CAD. Just to give a perspective, Masterpiece Bluestreak sold for $89.99 CAD last year and Takara's MP Bumblebee was sold for a range of ¥4,500 - ¥6,000 from Japanese retailers when it was first issued.

Credit(s): william-james88,Toysrus database


This article was last modified on Wednesday, June 15th, 2016 2:05pm CDT

News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece Bumblebee Released in Canada for $120 (1798010)
Posted by Bumblebee21 on June 15th, 2016 @ 2:19pm CDT
How much in usd
Re: Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece Bumblebee Released in Canada for $120 (1798012)
Posted by william-james88 on June 15th, 2016 @ 2:20pm CDT
Bumblebee21 wrote:How much in usd


We already knew it would be 64.99$ in the US. That was revealed in January:

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... ase/34600/

We didnt know how much it would sell in Canadian. But this price, 120, is 92$ USD, which is nonsensical.
Re: Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece Bumblebee Released in Canada for $120 (1798016)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on June 15th, 2016 @ 2:42pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Bumblebee21 wrote:How much in usd


We already knew it would be 64.99$ in the US. That was revealed in January:

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... ase/34600/

We didnt know how much it would sell in Canadian. But this price, 120, is 92$ USD, which is nonsensical.


Yep. Still glad I got Takara's Bumblebee last year. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if TRU jacked up the price in the US as well.
Re: Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece Bumblebee Released in Canada for $120 (1798018)
Posted by Bumblebee21 on June 15th, 2016 @ 2:55pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Bumblebee21 wrote:How much in usd


We already knew it would be 64.99$ in the US. That was revealed in January:

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... ase/34600/

We didnt know how much it would sell in Canadian. But this price, 120, is 92$ USD, which is nonsensical.

Wow that is expensive for an mp car in Canada
Re: Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece Bumblebee Released in Canada for $120 (1798025)
Posted by Ultra Mad on June 15th, 2016 @ 3:19pm CDT
Yep, 120 $ for this figure is expensive. I bought the Takara import from a local store when it came out and I paid around 105$ with taxes.
Re: Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece Bumblebee Released in Canada for $120 (1798027)
Posted by shajaki on June 15th, 2016 @ 3:23pm CDT
Y'know, I defend these MP/Platinum prices quite a bit. But 120 CAD for Bee, is goddam highway robbery :michaelbay:
Re: Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece Bumblebee Released in Canada for $120 (1798029)
Posted by Bumblebee21 on June 15th, 2016 @ 3:36pm CDT
Bad photography strikes again

Image
Brighter windows a better Autobot symbol on the chest and a new crotch :HEADHURTS:
Re: Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece Bumblebee Released in Canada for $120 (1798035)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on June 15th, 2016 @ 3:46pm CDT
You know, I wonder if that mistransformation is on purpose. It does show off the Volkswagen symbol when that part of the hood isn't properly tucked away, and Volkswagen isn't called out anywhere else on the front of the box. Might this be part of the licensing deal between Hasbro and VW?
Re: Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece Bumblebee Released in Canada for $120 (1798037)
Posted by Bumblebee21 on June 15th, 2016 @ 3:49pm CDT
Wolfman Jake wrote:You know, I wonder if that mistransformation is on purpose. It does show off the Volkswagen symbol when that part of the hood isn't properly tucked away, and Volkswagen isn't called out anywhere else on the front of the box. Might this be part of the licensing deal between Hasbro and VW?

Probably
Re: Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece Bumblebee Released in Canada for $120 (1798039)
Posted by Railbomb on June 15th, 2016 @ 4:01pm CDT
Oh boy! Another chapter of who the hell is actually in the exosuit! :lol:
Though, actually now we've had the exosuit officially released as both Spike and Daniel now.
Re: Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece Bumblebee Released in Canada for $120 (1798046)
Posted by Ironhidensh on June 15th, 2016 @ 4:13pm CDT
Will people actually pay this price?
Re: Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece Bumblebee Released in Canada for $120 (1798047)
Posted by Bumblebee21 on June 15th, 2016 @ 4:16pm CDT
Ironhidensh wrote:Will people actually pay this price?

somebody will
Re: Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece Bumblebee Released in Canada for $120 (1798048)
Posted by william-james88 on June 15th, 2016 @ 4:19pm CDT
Bumblebee21 wrote:
Ironhidensh wrote:Will people actually pay this price?

somebody will

But not more than that one person ;)
Re: Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece Bumblebee Released in Canada for $120 (1798050)
Posted by Bumblebee21 on June 15th, 2016 @ 4:23pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Bumblebee21 wrote:
Ironhidensh wrote:Will people actually pay this price?

somebody will

But not more than that one person ;)

of course theres always that one person who will pay it
Re: Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece Bumblebee Released in Canada for $120 (1798060)
Posted by Emerje on June 15th, 2016 @ 5:01pm CDT
Wow, that's quite the jacked up price. People could have imported him for around US$45 shipped when he first came out in Japan.

Emerje
Re: Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece Bumblebee Released in Canada for $120 (1798062)
Posted by skywarp-2 on June 15th, 2016 @ 5:15pm CDT
Railbomb wrote:Oh boy! Another chapter of who the hell is actually in the exosuit! :lol:
Though, actually now we've had the exosuit officially released as both Spike and Daniel now.


Huh? I thought the exosuit that came with Bumblebee was Spike since they were together in the movie, and Daniel was with Arcee. What's the other release of the exosuit coming from? Which masterpiece was that?
Re: Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece Bumblebee Released in Canada for $120 (1798073)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 15th, 2016 @ 6:19pm CDT
Okay... WHAT THE FOK ARE THEY SMOKING? :BOOM:
Re: Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece Bumblebee Released in Canada for $120 (1798074)
Posted by Bumblebee21 on June 15th, 2016 @ 6:33pm CDT
skywarp-2 wrote:
Railbomb wrote:Oh boy! Another chapter of who the hell is actually in the exosuit! :lol:
Though, actually now we've had the exosuit officially released as both Spike and Daniel now.


Huh? I thought the exosuit that came with Bumblebee was Spike since they were together in the movie, and Daniel was with Arcee. What's the other release of the exosuit coming from? Which masterpiece was that?
this one
Re: Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece Bumblebee Released in Canada for $120 (1798076)
Posted by Railbomb on June 15th, 2016 @ 6:56pm CDT
Bumblebee21 wrote:
skywarp-2 wrote:
Railbomb wrote:Oh boy! Another chapter of who the hell is actually in the exosuit! :lol:
Though, actually now we've had the exosuit officially released as both Spike and Daniel now.


Huh? I thought the exosuit that came with Bumblebee was Spike since they were together in the movie, and Daniel was with Arcee. What's the other release of the exosuit coming from? Which masterpiece was that?
this one


THe one that came with the Takara Bumblebee was Daniel. This Hasbro Bumblebee has him labeled as Spike instead.
Re: Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece Bumblebee Released in Canada for $120 (1798079)
Posted by shajaki on June 15th, 2016 @ 6:59pm CDT
I remember a pages long debate over who was in the exo-suit of Takara's MP Bee. This one is named right on the box, in English.

Regardless, they're both indistinguishable pieces of melted butter, so who cares >:oP

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Silverbolt Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot Rook Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Cyclonus Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Darkmoon and Astrotrain" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
Twincast / Podcast #278:
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "2016 Hasbro Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Laserbeak + Soundwave" on EBAY
Buy "AUTOBOT JAZZ figure TRANSFORMERS tiny titans TOY (no card) robots in disguise" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2016 & 2015 RID McDonald's Happy Meal Grimlock Figures" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends Of Cybertron Megatron 2005 Dexepticon" on EBAY
Buy "Megatron Transformers Cybertron Decepticon Leader Class Armada RID Prime MINTY!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise (RID) Mini-Con Lancelon 2016 Lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends LG10 Arcee Takara Tomy Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Angry Birds Gray Silver Rare Energon Lockdown Pig Telepods Works" on EBAY