Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece Prowl Not Being Released in Europe

Thursday, June 26th, 2014 4:55pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Company News, Collectables
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 36,240

Welcome to another day in European distribution of Transformers toys. Courtesy of fellow UK-based Seibertron.com user Oddimus Prime we can confirm that the previously reported Toys'R'Us exclusive Masterpiece Prowl will not, in fact, be released on the European market. The retailer is offering a 'consolation prize' though: if you enquire via email about the figure, you will receive the response mirrored below, offering a die-cast Transformers Optimus Prime (G1 and Age of Extinction) figure set with any online purchase.

Transformers News: Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece Prowl Not Being Released in Europe

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your interest in 'Transformers Masterpiece Prowl'. We have been informed by Hasbro that unfortunately this item is no longer going to be released in Europe.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused by this availability change.

However, as a goodwill gesture if you purchase a Transformers item on toysrus.co.uk by 31st July 2014, we will send you a FREE* limited edition die-cast Transformers figure which isn't available to buy in UK shops!

To accept this offer, you need to place an order on our website for any Transformers toy using the same email address we have sent this message to. A free die-cast figure will then posted to your delivery address separately by the end of August, subject to the terms below.

Kind Regards

Toys R Us Direct

Please do not reply to this email. Replies to this message are routed to an unmonitored mailbox. If you have questions please go to http://www.toysrus.co.uk/contactUs.jsf.

Credit(s): TRU UK

This article was last modified on Thursday, June 26th, 2014 5:10pm CDT

Re: Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece Prowl Not Being Released in Europe (1586035)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on June 26th, 2014 @ 5:06pm CDT

To the gesture of good will: How much do you wanna bet it's the Optimus Prime Evolution 2-pack (with chrome being mistaken for die cast)? If it is, nice gesture. I've seen similar ones on Consumer Service shows on the BBC. :lol:
Re: Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece Prowl Not Being Released in Europe (1586036)
Posted by Va'al on June 26th, 2014 @ 5:10pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:To Masterpiece Prowl not being released in Europe: O gee, I totally so did not see that coming :roll:

Updated with picture, it had somehow escaped!
Re: Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece Prowl Not Being Released in Europe (1586037)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on June 26th, 2014 @ 5:15pm CDT
Va'al wrote:

Updated with picture, it had somehow escaped!

Huh, how about that. My opinion still stands, though but I still think the gestures of goodwill in the UK are way better than what we get here. All we get is letters of apology and (partial) reimbursement. :lol:
Re: Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece Prowl Not Being Released in Europe (1586039)
Posted by Va'al on June 26th, 2014 @ 5:27pm CDT
You also get more practical language though. No circumlocutions.

..toch? :P
Re: Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece Prowl Not Being Released in Europe (1586046)
Posted by Ravage XK on June 26th, 2014 @ 6:27pm CDT
You reckon everyone that asks about Prowl will be offered the die cast figure?
Re: Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece Prowl Not Being Released in Europe (1586048)
Posted by Va'al on June 26th, 2014 @ 6:32pm CDT
*shrugs*

No idea, but I suppose it's worth a shot.
Re: Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece Prowl Not Being Released in Europe (1586049)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on June 26th, 2014 @ 6:33pm CDT
at least they get a cool consolation prize, when hasbro cancels something here in the US all we get is a BS by the numbers apology or nothing at all.
Re: Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece Prowl Not Being Released in Europe (1586062)
Posted by ArmadaPrime on June 26th, 2014 @ 7:49pm CDT
Not gonna lie this is a first in my experience-whenever Hasbro UK have screwed us over like this before (i.e. just about every day) we get a wonderfully generic response or no explanation at all.
May well take TRU up on this offer actually-though I have heard a number of horror stories about their shipping in the UK...
Re: Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece Prowl Not Being Released in Europe (1586087)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on June 26th, 2014 @ 9:36pm CDT
Re: Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece Prowl Not Being Released in Europe (1586098)
Posted by xyl360 on June 26th, 2014 @ 10:40pm CDT
Nemesis Maximo wrote:I feel bad for all my fellow Seibertronians (and all other Transfans) in Europe. You guys seem to actually have worse distribution than we in the mid-western US do. And believe, me it's lousy.

Yeah, but at least here in the US we have all the US-based online retailers like ToyArena, BigBadToyStore and many others. In the UK the have all of one major online retailer that I'm aware of, namely KapowToys. One of my friends and fellow TF collectors lives in the UK and we always have the hardest time finding figures for him without him having to pay insane shipping fees and import fees on things that I can get here easily online without any such problems simply because the sellers are US-based. It's often similar on ebay, and likely for the same reason because the UK-based ebay sellers can't get them any easier than we can.
Re: Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece Prowl Not Being Released in Europe (1586108)
Posted by Kibble on June 26th, 2014 @ 11:43pm CDT
Re: Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece Prowl Not Being Released in Europe (1586120)
Posted by RhA on June 27th, 2014 @ 12:26am CDT
And how is this news?
Re: Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece Prowl Not Being Released in Europe (1586137)
Posted by Oddimus Prime on June 27th, 2014 @ 1:57am CDT
Kibble wrote:Wouldn't this have been more expensive from UK TRU than just importing the TT version anyhow?

The price tag was £59.99 so yeah it would have been cheaper to import most likely.

I(however misguided)though, am of the opinion that if Hasbro are actually going to bother to release something over here, then I will most likely buy it, even if it is more expensive. I figure that If I don't buy it, I have no right to complain when they don't put stuff out due to lack of sales.

For the record as far as the "Consolation Prize" goes. I got the email because I had used the "Alert me when available" function on the website. I just checked and Mastepiece Prowl has gone from the site so I don't know if anyone will be able to do it, if they hadn't already. To that end I feel it is my duty to buy something so I can get the "Prize".
Re: Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece Prowl Not Being Released in Europe (1586147)
Posted by Va'al on June 27th, 2014 @ 3:32am CDT
RhA wrote:And how is this news?

It was previously found in a TRU system/catalogue.

Unless you're being dry and cynical, of course. :-$
Re: Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece Prowl Not Being Released in Europe (1586149)
Posted by MightyMagnus78 on June 27th, 2014 @ 3:41am CDT
This is just typical of Hasbro's marketing strategy in the UK. We never seem to get the figures we really want, but on the rare occasions when we do, we end up having to pay through the nose.
Re: Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece Prowl Not Being Released in Europe (1586151)
Posted by Dead Metal on June 27th, 2014 @ 3:55am CDT
Just tried it out with TRU Germany, I never expected it to hit here, but maybe they too will offer that set.
Re: Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece Prowl Not Being Released in Europe (1586156)
Posted by RhA on June 27th, 2014 @ 5:53am CDT
Va'al wrote:
RhA wrote:And how is this news?

It was previously found in a TRU system/catalogue.

Unless you're being dry and cynical, of course. :-$

I might be.

Please note my bitter attitude towards the mainland market as well. The consolation will not console the Dutch, only the English.
Re: Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece Prowl Not Being Released in Europe (1586159)
Posted by Mykltron on June 27th, 2014 @ 6:02am CDT
Hasbro are idiots. Do they not realise that they're losing profit?
Re: Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece Prowl Not Being Released in Europe (1586203)
Posted by gavinfuzzy on June 27th, 2014 @ 11:17am CDT
Today in mildly interesting:

That small die cast figures were the same ones given out during the asian AOE toy launch event. At least for singapore it came free with purchase of the voyager prime/ grimlock 2 pack.
Re: Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece Prowl Not Being Released in Europe (1586213)
Posted by Dead Metal on June 27th, 2014 @ 12:02pm CDT
So I got my answer from TRU Germany, and once again Germany is treated like crap.

I got a BS response that they can't tell me anything concerning MP Prowl because that's sensitive information and if they gave me an answer it could leak out and their competition could use that information to screw them over.
Going to need to ask my uncle for help here then.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Brawn" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #274 - Pulse Fan Fest 2021
"Pulse Fan Fest 2021"
Posted: Sunday, April 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Powerglide Legends Figure MOSC New!! RARE" on EBAY
Buy "Windcharger Transformers Combiner Wars Loose 2015 Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "2015 Hasbro - Transformers Generations - Combiner Wars - Trailbreaker" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS - Generations Combiner Wars -AUTOBOT HOUND Figure -Sky Reign Piece" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Botcon 2016 Beast Wars Terrorsaur Combiner Exclusive New Megatron" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Autobot Jetfire Commander Class NEW MIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Protectobot HOT SPOT Voyager Class New (2012 Hasbro)" on EBAY