Transformers News: Hasbro Unveiling Transformers ‘Trypticon’ at New York Toy Fair 2017 #TFNY #HasbroToyFair

Friday, February 17th, 2017 1:05PM CST

Categories: Toy News, Event News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 30,998

Shortly after the IGN preview reveal of the new Trypticon toy in the Transformers Titans Return line, Hasbro has sent us some more information, including price point, bio-blurb, a correction to the Titan Master's name (Necro, not Wipe Out) and the same images we just saw! Check it out below, and let us know what you think in the Energon Pub, as we wait for in-person shots of the Decepticon behemoth.

TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS TITANS RETURN TRYPTICON Action Figure

(Ages 8 & up/Approx. Retail Price: $149.99/Available: Fall 2017)

The TRANSFORMERS battle explodes into uncharted territory when the TITANS RETURN! To control an ancient race of giant, city-sized warriors—TITANS—the AUTOBOTS and DECEPTICONS must harness the power of TITAN MASTERS, smaller bots that give bigger bots enhanced abilities in battle. The ultimate Decepticon weapon is joining the Titans Return battle! Trypticon will destroy everything and devour everyone in his path. The Titan Class Trypticon figure is the largest figure in the 2017 Titans Return universe and is also the biggest Decepticon figure ever made. The towering T-Rex converts between 3 different modes: dino, spaceship, and city. When the figure is in city mode, it connects to Titans Return Leader Class figures (each sold separately) to form the giant Nemesis Command. When the figure is in T-Rex mode, it can “eat” Titan Master figures: Trypticon can chomp them down, then you can open his stomach to get them out. Comes with a Deluxe Class Full-Tilt figure and a Titan Master Decepticon Necro figure. Additional Titan Master figures are each sold separately, but with so many to collect, the Titans Return battlefield is a veritable all-you-can-eat bot buffet for Trypticon. Full-Tilt figure attaches to the Trypticon figure's chest. Titan Master figure becomes the head for the Full-Tilt figure and works with all Titans Return Deluxe, Voyager, and Leader Class figures (each sold separately). Also features a storage compartment in the figure's tail.

Credit(s): Hasbro
Re: Hasbro Unveiling Transformers ‘Trypticon’ at New York Toy Fair 2017 #TFNY #HasbroToyFair (1860311)
Posted by RiddlerJ on February 17th, 2017 @ 1:07pm CST
Why is the ramp transparent? Is there spots to place figures inside it?
Re: Hasbro Unveiling Transformers ‘Trypticon’ at New York Toy Fair 2017 #TFNY #HasbroToyFair (1860312)
Posted by william-james88 on February 17th, 2017 @ 1:08pm CST
RiddlerJ wrote:Why is the ramp transparent? Is there spots to place figures inside it?

Yeah, he can eat figures and they will fall down into his transparent tail.
Re: Hasbro Unveiling Transformers ‘Trypticon’ at New York Toy Fair 2017 #TFNY #HasbroToyFair (1860313)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 17th, 2017 @ 1:09pm CST
It both emulates a large cockpit canopy for the Sapceship Mode, and is the stomach in Dino Mode where the Titan Masters that Trypticon eats end up, so you can see them inside his belly when you pull them out of there.
Re: Hasbro Unveiling Transformers ‘Trypticon’ at New York Toy Fair 2017 #TFNY #HasbroToyFair (1860314)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on February 17th, 2017 @ 1:14pm CST
So cool, bet the eating feature will be a ton of fun for kids and collectors (especially as it can double as storage for a whole collection of titanmasters :-P )
Re: Hasbro Unveiling Transformers ‘Trypticon’ at New York Toy Fair 2017 #TFNY #HasbroToyFair (1860317)
Posted by RiddlerJ on February 17th, 2017 @ 1:20pm CST
HE CAN EAT THINGS :x
Re: Hasbro Unveiling Transformers ‘Trypticon’ at New York Toy Fair 2017 #TFNY #HasbroToyFair (1860321)
Posted by It Is Him on February 17th, 2017 @ 1:27pm CST
Those proto shots are definitely superior to the renders. Base modes like spot on, too, even in renders.
Re: Hasbro Unveiling Transformers ‘Trypticon’ at New York Toy Fair 2017 #TFNY #HasbroToyFair (1860326)
Posted by GuyIncognito on February 17th, 2017 @ 1:35pm CST
If the TMs he eats collect in the tail and come out where the transparent ramp is on the underside of the tail... that wouldn't be his "stomach". I'm guessing they don't fall that far down. Or if they do, then he's essentially pooping them out, which is even better.
Re: Hasbro Unveiling Transformers ‘Trypticon’ at New York Toy Fair 2017 #TFNY #HasbroToyFair (1860330)
Posted by Big Grim on February 17th, 2017 @ 1:50pm CST
Gods he's glorious!
Re: Hasbro Unveiling Transformers ‘Trypticon’ at New York Toy Fair 2017 #TFNY #HasbroToyFair (1860331)
Posted by kurthy on February 17th, 2017 @ 1:54pm CST
And thus any hope I had of a walking Trypticon are dashed. :-(
The prongs on his feet are probably just to look more toy accurate even though they serve no purpose. The eating feature uses the space needed for a motor and batteries. Why does Devastator have to be the only Titan scale figure that is better than the original? No Brunt, no walking...I'll still buy it though.
Re: Hasbro Unveiling Transformers ‘Trypticon’ at New York Toy Fair 2017 #TFNY #HasbroToyFair (1860335)
Posted by steals_your_goats on February 17th, 2017 @ 2:20pm CST
kurthy wrote:And thus any hope I had of a walking Trypticon are dashed. :-(

Any walking gimmick would've seriously hindered the figure. You wouldn't be able to pose the legs at all.
Re: Hasbro Unveiling Transformers ‘Trypticon’ at New York Toy Fair 2017 #TFNY #HasbroToyFair (1860336)
Posted by SpaceKaseJase on February 17th, 2017 @ 2:21pm CST
The only Titan class TF I own is Devastator. I passed on Metroplex and Fortress Maximus due to their high price tag and simplified transformation (what I like to call "yoga transformation"). Trypticon, however, is a different story. All modes look fantastic without the "Oh yeah, his ship mode is him sitting with legs straight and arms behind him" thing going on. I definitely want this one--so long as price and funding agree.
Re: Hasbro Unveiling Transformers ‘Trypticon’ at New York Toy Fair 2017 #TFNY #HasbroToyFair (1860338)
Posted by DeathReviews on February 17th, 2017 @ 2:25pm CST
The more I see, the more I wants it.... ;)
Re: Hasbro Unveiling Transformers ‘Trypticon’ at New York Toy Fair 2017 #TFNY #HasbroToyFair (1860339)
Posted by GuyIncognito on February 17th, 2017 @ 2:26pm CST
SpaceKaseJase wrote: I definitely want this one--so long as price and funding agree.

Re: Hasbro Unveiling Transformers ‘Trypticon’ at New York Toy Fair 2017 #TFNY #HasbroToyFair (1860342)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on February 17th, 2017 @ 2:33pm CST
So, are all those little printed details on him going to be stickers like with metro and fort max? I can't imagine that they'll all be tampograph's, which means that he could end up looking really bland if you don't bother with stickers like I do :-s
Re: Hasbro Unveiling Transformers ‘Trypticon’ at New York Toy Fair 2017 #TFNY #HasbroToyFair (1860346)
Posted by o.supreme on February 17th, 2017 @ 2:37pm CST
GuyIncognito wrote:It'll be $149.99, and hopefully (probably?) it'll be on sale for the holidays. I'm pretty sure both Metroplex and Fort Max could be found for $100-$120 during the holidays the year that each came out.

Depends on where you live. I live in a top 20 market in the United States, and never once saw a Metroplex in store, but FM is always at TRU when I go, yet its my understanding that in some countries, Fort Max is still not available...

I don't regret getting Fort Max, but jumping right on him to avoid the Metroplex debacle I realize I paid way too much. But as is with most cases, Hasbro tends to produce less Decepticons than Autobots, so my instincts tell me get this if/when I see it. I'd love to have the hindsight to know I could wait until next Nov/Dec and get it at a hugely discounted price, but unfortunately I don't.

What would be awesome is if Hasbro re-released Generations Metroplex (ya know, just to have 2 Titans on the market at the same time)...but I doubt that will happen. Even with new packaging, I would not care, just to get it at retail price would make me happy.
Re: Hasbro Unveiling Transformers ‘Trypticon’ at New York Toy Fair 2017 #TFNY #HasbroToyFair (1860347)
Posted by GuyIncognito on February 17th, 2017 @ 2:43pm CST
o.supreme wrote:

As long as you're in the U.S., both figures were widely available online, including at discounted prices.
Re: Hasbro Unveiling Transformers ‘Trypticon’ at New York Toy Fair 2017 #TFNY #HasbroToyFair (1860348)
Posted by o.supreme on February 17th, 2017 @ 2:45pm CST
I keep hearing that, but in 2013 I wasn't looking online for Transformers. Oh well...
Re: Hasbro Unveiling Transformers ‘Trypticon’ at New York Toy Fair 2017 #TFNY #HasbroToyFair (1860349)
Posted by RiddlerJ on February 17th, 2017 @ 2:47pm CST
Now we need a Brad Garrett sound chip. :-P
Re: Hasbro Unveiling Transformers ‘Trypticon’ at New York Toy Fair 2017 #TFNY #HasbroToyFair (1860351)
Posted by william-james88 on February 17th, 2017 @ 2:53pm CST
We all only regret getting Fort Max for now (me included) because the secondary market hasnt kicked in yet. In 3 years from now, when Fort Max will only be available for 200-300$ we wont mind as much.
Re: Hasbro Unveiling Transformers ‘Trypticon’ at New York Toy Fair 2017 #TFNY #HasbroToyFair (1860353)
Posted by Va'al on February 17th, 2017 @ 2:55pm CST
From the official Hasbro account on Twitter, we have another first look at the Titan Class Titans Return figure Trypticon! And along with him, the rest of the diorama from the Hasbro booth at Toy Fair New York 2017, featuring Sky Shadow, Triggerhappy, Fort Max's sword, Gnaw and more - which we'll see tomorrow as we bring you coverage from the floor directly here, on Seibertron.com!

For speculation and discussion on the other Titans Return figures seen in the image, join us in the Titans Return thread!

Ending Soon On eBay

TRANSFORMERS G1 GEN 1 ORIGINAL DECEPTICON TRIPLECHANGER BLITZWING FIGUR COMPLETE - Time Remaining: 17 days 10 hours 34 minutes 46 seconds
TRANSFORMERS CYBERTRON SOUNDWAVE  FIGURE WITH KEY - Time Remaining: 16 days 6 hours 38 minutes 57 seconds
Transformers Beast Wars BotCon 1998 ANTAGONY Autograph Scott McNeil & David Kaye - Time Remaining: 4 days 23 hours 39 minutes 59 seconds
Transformers AD12 Revenge Optimus Prime Age of Extinction Movie Takara Tomy - Time Remaining: 3 days 42 minutes 45 seconds
Transformers Dark of the Moon Ultimate Optimus Prime - Time Remaining: 17 days 21 hours 44 minutes 26 seconds
HASBRO TRANSFORMERS PLATINUM EDITION ARMADA OF CYCLONUS SCOURGE SWEEP 3 PACK SET - Time Remaining: 3 days 3 hours 51 minutes 56 seconds
Takara Tomy Transformers Legenos LG EX Armada Megatron Tokyo Toy Fair Exclusive - Time Remaining: 15 days 15 hours 52 minutes 19 seconds
Medix the Doc-Bot TRANSFORMERS Rescue Bots 1st Series ambulance figure 2012 NEW - Time Remaining: 5 days 22 hours 10 minutes 10 seconds
Website Security Test