Hasbro will be Revealing New Toys this Friday

Hasbro will be Revealing New Toys this Friday

Tuesday, May 18th, 2021 12:01pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Event News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 22,213

Here is the message from Hasbro as seen on their Instagram:

#TRANSFORMERS FANS! #RollOut with the Transformers team on Friday, May 21st, at 11:00am ET for their first Hasbro Pulse #FanFirstFriday of 2021! Join Ben and Evan on the Hasbro Pulse YouTube channel as they fill you in on news, reveals, and of course, some epic pre-orders! You don't want to miss out!

The event will be on youtube, here is their youtube page: https://www.youtube.com/hasbropulse

Transformers News: Hasbro will be Revealing New Toys this Friday

Re: Hasbro will be Revealing New Toys this Friday (2104795)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on May 18th, 2021 @ 12:06pm CDT
Re: Hasbro will be Revealing New Toys this Friday (2104798)
Posted by Overcracker on May 18th, 2021 @ 12:13pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:This friday at 11 am eastern, Hasbro will have another Transformers themed Fan First Friday. You will be getting more reveals but please remember that this will probably include toys we have seen before like T Wrecks, SS 86 Slag and SS 86 Wreck Gar. Other probable reveals would be the other Amazon exclusive duo for Kingdom featuring Sideswipe and BW Silverbolt/BWII Skywarp (the eagle), along with the upcoming SS Grindor, the Kingdom toys that we have not seen yet like Waspinator, Slammer, Tigatron and Shadowpanther and the remaining Shaterred Glass toys.

Here is the message from Hasbro as seen on their Instagram:

Will we get to see the rumored SS86 Coronation Starscream?

Waspinator and Tigatron are the ones I really want to see.

May be tempted by the Sideswipe and BW II Skywarp two pack.

Nothing else interests me much
Re: Hasbro will be Revealing New Toys this Friday (2104801)
Posted by blackeyedprime on May 18th, 2021 @ 1:11pm CDT
Gotta be a new collab figure at three times its size class in price :P
Re: Hasbro will be Revealing New Toys this Friday (2104806)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 18th, 2021 @ 1:39pm CDT
Re: Hasbro will be Revealing New Toys this Friday (2104809)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on May 18th, 2021 @ 1:46pm CDT
I wouldn't expect a lot of Kingdom stuff on Friday, as this one is supposed to be SS reveals since there were none last month.

Mindmaster wrote:I’m certain they’re doing this Fans Friday since Wreck-Gar got leaked and they don’t want any more cats out of the bag without their consent.
They mentioned they were going to do this FFF a month ago during Pulsecon, so no, this was happening with or without leaks.
Re: Hasbro will be Revealing New Toys this Friday (2104812)
Posted by Nemesis Reformatted on May 18th, 2021 @ 1:55pm CDT
I just can't wait to see SG Jetfire, SG Starscream & Waspinator.
Re: Hasbro will be Revealing New Toys this Friday (2104813)
Posted by o.supreme on May 18th, 2021 @ 1:59pm CDT
No matter what line is focused on, or if they do a little of each, my one wish, would be a toy reveal that hasn't been leaked or hinted at yet. I enjoy surprises.
Re: Hasbro will be Revealing New Toys this Friday (2104819)
Posted by william-james88 on May 18th, 2021 @ 2:13pm CDT

This one was preplanned. Slag was leaked a month ago and they did nothing.
Re: Hasbro will be Revealing New Toys this Friday (2104821)
Posted by Munkky on May 18th, 2021 @ 2:53pm CDT
I'm guessing this will mostly focus on Studio Series, with the official reveals of Slag and Wreck-Gar along with the Gnaw, Sweep, Jolt and Grindor we've known about for a while. I'll be surprised if Kingdom wave 4 is announced here seeing as the last stream was almost 100% Kingdom reveals, all I'm expecting from Kingdom is maybe another Battle Across Time set and one or two things for Generations: Selects, only because it's been quite a long time since Trans-Mutate and G2 Ramjet were announced, so Selects news is due.
Re: Hasbro will be Revealing New Toys this Friday (2104822)
Posted by william-james88 on May 18th, 2021 @ 2:55pm CDT
EvasionModeBumblebee wrote:Fan first fridays have taught me to temper my expectations, but if we see any Bayverse SS then I'm happy.

Prepare for a miserable friday then, here is what is set to be revealed at the moment:

86 Gnaw
86 Slag
86 Wreck Gar
Shattered Glass Starscream
Re: Hasbro will be Revealing New Toys this Friday (2104824)
Posted by jtanimator on May 18th, 2021 @ 3:11pm CDT
Why do they insist on spreading out the announcements between like 6 different Fan First Fridays over the course of 5 months? It’s so freaking stupid, and makes each event so boring and anticlimactic. makes me desperately miss the old ways of when hasbro would reveal most of the year’s figures at a convention so we rarely knew what to expect. I absolutely hate that these FFF’s have turned into something so unexciting with repaint exclusive reveals. And where tf is Studio Series? I’m gonna be pretty peeved if the first bayverse SS they have to announce in months is a slight repaint of Blackout. That’s the equivalent of them dropping A repaint of Cybertron CJ, a new Dino mold and cybertron starscream and justifying that as a WHOLE freaking wave. I’m usually on the defense for Hasbro, but they’ve been thinning my nerves this year.
Re: Hasbro will be Revealing New Toys this Friday (2104826)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on May 18th, 2021 @ 3:27pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:

86 Gnaw
86 Slag
86 Wreck Gar
Shattered Glass Starscream

Wave Breakdown.JPG

So I'm hoping that first wave gets revealed with Jolt, BB Thrust, ROTF Bee, Grindor, and the accompanying 86 figures.

That being said, I am definitely prepared for nothing Bayverse to be revealed.
Re: Hasbro will be Revealing New Toys this Friday (2104829)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on May 18th, 2021 @ 4:06pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:

86 Gnaw
86 Slag
86 Wreck Gar
Shattered Glass Starscream
Re: Hasbro will be Revealing New Toys this Friday (2104830)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on May 18th, 2021 @ 4:12pm CDT
EvasionModeBumblebee wrote:JTPrime recently found that the next few SS Waves will be going all in on mixing 86 and live action (in terms of new figures anyway, the last live action SS wave did repack Hot Rod IIRC), here's what we're expecting:
Wave Breakdown.JPG

That being said, I am definitely prepared for nothing Bayverse to be revealed.

*sharts confetti*
Re: Hasbro will be Revealing New Toys this Friday (2104831)
Posted by o.supreme on May 18th, 2021 @ 4:53pm CDT

However there are a couple things going on here... Basically during the Prime Wars trilogy SS didn't exist (although the movie tie-ins for movies 4-6 did). But you have a combination of a lower budget overall 9whihc is why TFTM had to be split between Kingdom and SS), and *arguably* better toys being designed (QC issues aside)...

I guess the question is, would fans rather have fewer releases each year, if they were overall better designed toys, or more toys and slightly less complicated from a design standpoint(Going back to Prime Wars. T30 etc...). *I know you can argue the toys are for "Kids", btu basically that is Cyberverse, and whatever will follow it, I don't expect those toys to change much. I mean most of us in this forum are adults, and mostly adults will be watching the FFF. I'm pretty sure most kids don't even know it exists, or care.

I'm going to quote a phrase I hate, but it is unfortunately true. For Every Good and Service there are 3 buckets: Fast;Cheap;Good. You can only pick 2.

I can definitely see the increase in design, which, combined with the cost of materials has lead to the increase in price. I can also see a time soon where perhaps there will only be 3 waves per year instead of the 4/5 that has been the case for as long as I returned to collecting in 2015.
Re: Hasbro will be Revealing New Toys this Friday (2104832)
Posted by TulioDude on May 18th, 2021 @ 4:57pm CDT
It's DOTM Devcon time!
Re: Hasbro will be Revealing New Toys this Friday (2104834)
Posted by william-james88 on May 18th, 2021 @ 5:05pm CDT

Lol, who do you think my source for only SS86 reveals is:

Nemesis Primal wrote: Ooh, we're getting SG Screamer on Friday for sure? Was that announced somewhere?

Just quoting the reliable leaker above

TF-fan kev777 wrote:Wow, what a wet fart of a wave 14. We thought the most recent wave was bad with just 3 figures, but at least 2 of them were new molds. For wave 14, we have a deluxe retool/redeco and 3 repacks, and a voyager retool/redeco and a repack.

*sharts confetti*

There were some serious international distribution issues with that original wave of SS 86 deluxes. I don't think all orders were filled worldwide as it was absent from some big retailers worldwide. I don't know for sure if there were production issues but that first wave was being produced at the worst part of the pandemic for manufacturers (2nd-3rd quarter 2020) and issues may have been anticipated, hence the many repacks. I personally welcome a chance to own Kup at retail prices.
Re: Hasbro will be Revealing New Toys this Friday (2104835)
Posted by william-james88 on May 18th, 2021 @ 5:06pm CDT
TulioDude wrote:It's DOTM Devcon time!

Lol, you'll get your armada masterpiece before Devcon.
Re: Hasbro will be Revealing New Toys this Friday (2104836)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on May 18th, 2021 @ 5:17pm CDT
TulioDude wrote:It's DOTM Devcon time!

It's always Devcon time! xD

I really hope that ends up a reality, it'd be awesome.
william-james88 wrote:Lol, who do you think my source for only SS86 reveals is:

Oh, cool! xD

I think it would be weird for them to only reveal the 86 parts of the wave, but not impossible I guess.

EDIT: Thinking about it, the silver lining to these repacks is that we could eventually see rereleases of some figures that were more difficult to find at retail, like Ironhide.
Re: Hasbro will be Revealing New Toys this Friday (2104847)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on May 18th, 2021 @ 7:00pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:Just quoting the reliable leaker above
Ah, I hadn't seen that they had posted that, that makes sense. Cheers.

o.supreme wrote:The reveals will be interesting however, I think this reveals a bigger issue. Although I do not collect SS, I don't recall there ever being any repacks, or at least very few. Now not only does SS have to share with TF:TM, but fewer overall toys are being produced, thus slowing things down even more. I mean in Generations mainline, repacks are to be expected.
The amount of SS figures being released this year aren't notably less than any prior year though, it only looks that way here because they took the same amount of content and split it into 4 waves for the year instead of SS's usual 3 waves. Year 1 of SS had 4 waves, but 2 of the Voyager waves were a single figure and a repack exactly like these listings (first Ironhide, then the RotF Screamer), and half of it's Deluxe waves were 2 new figures and then repacks. If we count the individual figures per year:
Year 1: 11 Deluxes, 6 Voyagers, & 2 Leaders across 4 waves
Year 2: 11 Deluxes, 6 Voyagers, & 3 Leaders across 3 waves
Year 3: 10 Deluxes, 6 Voyagers, & 3 Leaders across 3 waves
Year 4 (this year): 9 Deluxes, 6 Voyagers, & 3 Leaders across 4 waves

It's only 1 less Deluxe than last year, but with it being spread across 4 waves again and the SS86 figures feeling significantly more like WFC figures than SS, it gives the illusion of less than there is.

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Tra Rid Warrior Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-47 Kickback & Double Dealer" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-38 Laserbeak & Apeface" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-37 Ravage & Bullhorn" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-28 Rewind & Nightbeat" on EBAY
Buy "G1 Transformers Botcon 2013 Classics SEEKER HOTLINK  Tech Card  & instuctions" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Blurr" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Challenge at Cybertron Rodimus and Titans Return Hot Rod" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Voyager ASTROTRAIN Loose Figure" on EBAY