Wednesday, February 10th, 2016 3:59pm CST

Categories: Toy News, Digital Media News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 30,158

While Instagram might be a place filled with pictures of meals and duckface selfies, it will now finally have some awesome stuff in terms of official Transformers Images from Hasbro. Fellow Seibertronian AZT found this interesting announcement on the official Transformers Facebook page:

It’s high time the Transformers team gets on Instagram. So Bumblebee is packing up the crew and snapping pics in New York to kick it off. @TransformersOfficial goes live this week with a big announcement and an up-close look at a certain Titan scale figure.

Transformers News: Hasbro will be Revealing Toy Images of Transformers Titans Return Fortress Maximus on Instagram

So keep a lookout for when the official Transformers Instagram account goes live since it seems this is how they will reveal toy images of Titan Fortress Maximus, who is without a doubt the "titan scale figure" they are referring to.

Credit(s): Hasbro's facebook page

Re: Hasbro will be Revealing Toy Images of Transformers Titans Return Fortress Maximus on Instagram (1765326)
Posted by ZeroWolf on February 10th, 2016 @ 4:01pm CST
Which bumblebee is that in the picture?
Re: Hasbro will be Revealing Toy Images of Transformers Titans Return Fortress Maximus on Instagram (1765327)
Posted by Bumblebee21 on February 10th, 2016 @ 4:02pm CST
Does not look like Takaras bumblebee. Too bright and cartoony yellow. I like it.
Re: Hasbro will be Revealing Toy Images of Transformers Titans Return Fortress Maximus on Instagram (1765328)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on February 10th, 2016 @ 4:04pm CST
fearmylaserface wrote:I'm just happy to get a brainstorm that will actually see wide release, unlike the voyager one. It'll be cool to actually pick up a brainstorm figure in stores with a headmaster gimmick that (hopefully) is fully functional this time around.

I live in the UK which doesn't always even get many of the figures, particularly late wave ones and I picked up Gen Brainstorm at Cambridge branch of Toys R Us a few months back and it was half price too. For me, any figure that appears in that Toys R Us in the past year that isn't RID or CW is surprising as all heck. The headmaster worked absolutely fine (the number on the back of the box confirms it was the later fixed version). I'd actually much prefer more of the original Headmasters in Voyager than shrinking them all to Deluxe. It's whats putting me off Hardhead. I'd much rather have him in Voyager so he can fit in my Voyager group of Autobots that include Springer, Sandstorm, Grimlock and others. Hardhead is probably gonna end up the size of my AoE Deluxe Bee and he really shouldn't. I like my Deluxes to be characters that are meant to be smaller than the norm (with Leader class for the ones the other way)
Re: Hasbro will be Revealing Toy Images of Transformers Titans Return Fortress Maximus on Instagram (1765329)
Posted by william-james88 on February 10th, 2016 @ 4:04pm CST
ZeroWolf wrote:Which bumblebee is that in the picture?

MP Bumblebee.

SillySpringer wrote:
Yes we all know this was originally Blurr, but can we stop and think of any characters who would look good in Brainstorm's alt-mode? :-?

I am placing bets on Misfire.

Why cant toys just have their own unique molds?!
Re: Hasbro will be Revealing Toy Images of Transformers Titans Return Fortress Maximus on Instagram (1765331)
Posted by .... on February 10th, 2016 @ 4:06pm CST
william-james88 wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:Which bumblebee is that in the picture?

MP Bumblebee.

SillySpringer wrote:

I am placing bets on Misfire.

Why cant toys just have their own unique molds?!

Because I want a version of the flying form of this Blurr mold NOT as Brainstorm. :twisted:
Re: Hasbro will be Revealing Toy Images of Transformers Titans Return Fortress Maximus on Instagram (1765333)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on February 10th, 2016 @ 4:07pm CST
william-james88 wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:Which bumblebee is that in the picture?

MP Bumblebee.

SillySpringer wrote:

I am placing bets on Misfire.

Why cant toys just have their own unique molds?!

Because money >:oP

At least misfire looks like the brainstorm mold
Re: Hasbro will be Revealing Toy Images of Transformers Titans Return Fortress Maximus on Instagram (1765334)
Posted by ZeroWolf on February 10th, 2016 @ 4:08pm CST
Ah thanks will :-) wait we're getting mp bumblebee? Nice
Re: Hasbro will be Revealing Toy Images of Transformers Titans Return Fortress Maximus on Instagram (1765336)
Posted by Dr. Caelus on February 10th, 2016 @ 4:09pm CST
Re: Hasbro will be Revealing Toy Images of Transformers Titans Return Fortress Maximus on Instagram (1765338)
Posted by william-james88 on February 10th, 2016 @ 4:09pm CST
ZeroWolf wrote:Ah thanks will :-) wait we're getting mp bumblebee? Nice

Yes, we are :)
Re: Hasbro will be Revealing Toy Images of Transformers Titans Return Fortress Maximus on Instagram (1765341)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on February 10th, 2016 @ 4:12pm CST
Caelus wrote:As far as the, 'if you don't like headmasters, don't remove the head' thing, to me the problem comes in when they make significant concessions in a toy's design to include some gimmick. The fact that Galvatron is a headmaster doesn't bother me, but I will be bothered if he has a springloaded crown/helmet that looks bad from any angle except straight on, and that eliminates any functional articulation at the neck.

That's basically my issue, I don't think they're spring-loaded, they were shown off in video's. While most, if not all of them will have y-axis rotation (left and right), none of them appear to actually have x-axis rotation (up and down) which is truly unfortunate, especially when they could have incorporated it into the headmasters :(
Re: Hasbro will be Revealing Toy Images of Transformers Titans Return Fortress Maximus on Instagram (1765345)
Posted by rickdraco on February 10th, 2016 @ 4:29pm CST
Carnivius_Prime wrote:

I'm also a Brit, but unfortunately I do not even have a Toys R Us that is even viable to get to. :( all my recent generations purchases have either had to be from Ebay or B&M Bargains I was able to get Roadbuster and Rhinox.
Re: Hasbro will be Revealing Toy Images of Transformers Titans Return Fortress Maximus on Instagram (1765346)
Posted by .... on February 10th, 2016 @ 4:32pm CST
Hellscream9999 wrote:

I think Galvatron does have at least a head swivel.
Re: Hasbro will be Revealing Toy Images of Transformers Titans Return Fortress Maximus on Instagram (1765347)
Posted by ZeroWolf on February 10th, 2016 @ 4:33pm CST
Not even an entertainer or a symths nearby? Or are you stuck using buses?
Re: Hasbro will be Revealing Toy Images of Transformers Titans Return Fortress Maximus on Instagram (1765349)
Posted by rickdraco on February 10th, 2016 @ 4:35pm CST
ZeroWolf wrote:Not even an entertainer or a symths nearby? Or are you stuck using buses?

Nope. I live just north of Blackpool. :( Nearest Toys R Us is Preston, and I have never seen either of those other stores.
Re: Hasbro will be Revealing Toy Images of Transformers Titans Return Fortress Maximus on Instagram (1765350)
Posted by .... on February 10th, 2016 @ 4:37pm CST
rickdraco wrote:

I'm in Texas and my nearest Toys-R-Us is about 30 minutes away. I've not been to it yet but it seems to be very small.
Re: Hasbro will be Revealing Toy Images of Transformers Titans Return Fortress Maximus on Instagram (1765352)
Posted by rickdraco on February 10th, 2016 @ 4:39pm CST
SillySpringer wrote:
rickdraco wrote:

Re: Hasbro will be Revealing Toy Images of Transformers Titans Return Fortress Maximus on Instagram (1765353)
Posted by shajaki on February 10th, 2016 @ 4:41pm CST
rickdraco wrote:I wish the one in Preston was only 30 minutes away. Even if I had a car, it would be an hour away from me. On the buses, closer to 3.
Hooray for the internet then hey?

Welcome to the Pub by the way :D
Re: Hasbro will be Revealing Toy Images of Transformers Titans Return Fortress Maximus on Instagram (1765354)
Posted by Prowl4 on February 10th, 2016 @ 4:42pm CST
Hellscream9999 wrote:
Prowl4 wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:
Prowl4 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Prowl4 wrote:
Microraptor wrote:I don't understand all the whining about the headmasters. If you don't like the gimmick, all you have to do is just not take their head of. That's it.

Great characters like galvatron, sentinel prime and astrotrain shouldn't be headmasters in the first place.
Sentinel Prime and Astrotrain are "great characters"? Since when? :P

Sentinel prime was bad ass in megatron origins I loved his power suit like iron man. He valiantly stood against but was ultimately viciously killed by megatron. He was a good predecessor in his nature to optimus and came off really well.

I always liked astrotrain in g1 and idw have given him a nice new lease of life as the grumpy sarcastic transport. I just don't think these characters deserve to be stained by being headmasters.

So they have a removable head, how is that 'being stained' for every person out there against headmasters is another who maybe grew up with them, and has been hoping for these figures, and gimmick to make a comeback >:oP

As I said above if you read my comments, the characters mentioned never have been headmasters. Galvatron idw states his hatred for headmasters.

It stains the characters by having a crap gimmick that they never had previously. They're their own character not some body being piloted.

I've no problem with the likes of brainstorm and chromedome and the likes who've always been headmasters to make a return but to make characters like galvatron, sentinel, astrotrain, scourge and blurr into headmasters is hugely disappointing.

So, rid, armada, energon, and cybertron are all garbage because they designed the figures around a central gimmick... I mean, they took G1 Grimlock and made him a raptor in BW, is he forever stained now :roll:

That's an incorrect analogy. Those are different eras and different characters that used gimmicks. These figures are based off idw/g1.

Grimlock still remained a beast to robot. The gathering is a tie in to sell toys and extend the story of beast wars but the essential thing is grimlock remained a carnivorous dinosaur to robot. Not a headmaster. That's actually a massive change.
Re: Hasbro will be Revealing Toy Images of Transformers Titans Return Fortress Maximus on Instagram (1765355)
Posted by rickdraco on February 10th, 2016 @ 4:44pm CST
shajaki wrote:
Hooray for the internet then hey?

Welcome to the Pub by the way :D

Heh, indeed, Hooray for the Internet. :) And Thanks for the welcome, I have been a lurker and reader of the boards for years, but it's only recently I have actually started to post at all. It's just a shame that internet prices get inflated. My best friend has been working on getting a full Menasor, now only needing Dead End.. but the cheapest one available is £23.. the RRP of a Voyager figure in the UK!
Re: Hasbro will be Revealing Toy Images of Transformers Titans Return Fortress Maximus on Instagram (1765357)
Posted by Prowl4 on February 10th, 2016 @ 4:47pm CST
SillySpringer wrote:
Prowl4 wrote:So we finally get a voyager astrotrain, galvatron and the first toy of sentinel prime and they're bloody headmasters when they've never been headmasters before. So annoyed. :evil: t

Seems like everyone on this thread is getting red-faced over nothing. Dear Lord.

Not sure if you're trolling or not reading the comments.

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 06 Voyager Class Movie 1 Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Apeface" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Crashbash" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Hero Mashers Transformers Beast Hunters Series Starscream Hasbro Kids Toy Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Thundercracker - Canadian Packaging, Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Thundercracker - Canadian Packaging, Sealed #2" on EBAY
Buy "G.I. Joe 2013 SDCC Comic Con Transformers Crossover Ravage" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Armada Starscream - deluxe" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Doc Green Figure Hasbro HTF" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots DR MOROCCO 2.5” Figure Villain PVC Toy" on EBAY