Hasbro's Botcon Toy Display Sneak Peek

Hasbro's Botcon Toy Display Sneak Peek

Friday, June 29th, 2007 8:41pm CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News, Event News
Posted by: Air Commander Starscream   Views: 28,971

Like every year Botcon is a chance for Hasbro to show off what they currently have, and what is to come. This year had lots of cool things on display, and you bet it it was all Movie stuff. Some of the stuff to note was the Wal-Mart Exclsuive Starscream and more Target Exclusive Basic Repaints for the movie toy line. Also on display was Leader Class Brawl, Starscream classic repaint, Ratchet repaint, Barricade repaint (Recon Barricade) and several new deluxe class figures.

Ryan will be putting up a full gallery for the dealer room and the hasbro display, but I wanted to give you guys a nice preview. He will have clearer shots but till then enjoy!

Credit(s): Air Commander Starscream

Re: Hasbro's Botcon Toy Display Sneak Peek (191146)
Posted by Scream on June 29th, 2007 @ 8:48pm CDT
Re: Hasbro's Botcon Toy Display Sneak Peek (191150)
Posted by Byrerprime on June 29th, 2007 @ 8:50pm CDT
Sunday morning they show us the stuff we've not seen before.
Re: Hasbro's Botcon Toy Display Sneak Peek (191151)
Posted by Windracer on June 29th, 2007 @ 8:51pm CDT
:HALUC: :HALUC: :HALUC: :HALUC:

Oh my geebus... so much awesome contained in those glass cases!

A lot of those non-movie figures are looking great. Arcee, Longarm, and Dropkick are on my "must-have" list for sure. :grin:
Re: Hasbro's Botcon Toy Display Sneak Peek (191152)
Posted by qwailo on June 29th, 2007 @ 8:51pm CDT
Things are looking good so far!

Lets just hope that they make a Voyager Class Bonecrusher and Leader Class Blackout and Starscream.
Re: Hasbro's Botcon Toy Display Sneak Peek (191153)
Posted by Robinson on June 29th, 2007 @ 8:52pm CDT
I like that recon barricade, and I see a "lazerbeak" repaint in there
Re: Hasbro's Botcon Toy Display Sneak Peek (191155)
Posted by Creature SH on June 29th, 2007 @ 8:56pm CDT
Air Commander Starscream wrote:Like every year Botcon is a chance for Hasbro to show off what they currently have, and what is to come. This year had lots of cool things on display, and you bet it it was all Movie stuff.

Objection - Contradictive !
Re: Hasbro's Botcon Toy Display Sneak Peek (191161)
Posted by Blitzwing the warrior on June 29th, 2007 @ 8:58pm CDT
Is it me, or does the tag of the Masterpiece Starscream repaint say $59.99?
Re: Hasbro's Botcon Toy Display Sneak Peek (191164)
Posted by Air Commander Starscream on June 29th, 2007 @ 9:00pm CDT
Blitzwing the warrior wrote:Is it me, or does the tag of the Masterpiece Starscream repaint say $59.99?

It did indeed, though I heard it was supose to be $50. Then again the Blackout and Scorponok 2 pack has a price for $10.99 so I think there might be some mess ups.
Re: Hasbro's Botcon Toy Display Sneak Peek (191169)
Posted by Skowl on June 29th, 2007 @ 9:07pm CDT
Scream wrote:Awsome! I see some unpainted RHs, maybe I'll finally get a movie screamer. I'm also now considering to get arcee and 08 bumbles.

I think I can see Starscream in the back

I do see Ironhide, Brawl and Bonecrusher for sure (YES! finally, some Bonecrusher stuff)

Oddly enough, the Bonecrusher robot hero is in exactly the same pose I imagined him in, it's like Hasbro is stealing my thoughts...

:HALUC:
Re: Hasbro's Botcon Toy Display Sneak Peek (191176)
Posted by bairdduvessa on June 29th, 2007 @ 9:16pm CDT
so much that i want...

anybody want to buy a kidney?
Re: Hasbro's Botcon Toy Display Sneak Peek (191188)
Posted by Jaz-Zen on June 29th, 2007 @ 9:27pm CDT
Cool stuff! I like all the deluxe-sized figures, and we finally get some pretty decent pics of Payload. Not bad for a lense-headed drone! :p His truck mode seems a little bland, but he looks pretty good in bot mode. And Longarm's truck mode looks better in these pics, so that's cool. Dropkick looks kinda goofy & top heavy with all the "stuff" hanging off of his upper body, but I wouldn't put that big goofy-looking claw weapon thing in his hands or on his arms anyway, so I'm sure he will look better when he's posed better.

However, I'm really not digging Leader Brawl as much as I thought I would. What's up with the seemingly translucent white plastic guns on top back of his tank mode?? Maybe he's unfinished. Ah well, don't want to complain too much. Better pics will be appreciated, but for me, I'd still just need to see it in person.
Re: Hasbro's Botcon Toy Display Sneak Peek (191199)
Posted by Skowl on June 29th, 2007 @ 9:32pm CDT
Re: Hasbro's Botcon Toy Display Sneak Peek (191201)
Posted by Metroplex79 on June 29th, 2007 @ 9:32pm CDT
Is it wrong to say I just want those glass shelves? :p

Yep, some nice stuff there. Especially that MP Starscream.
Re: Hasbro's Botcon Toy Display Sneak Peek (191209)
Posted by Blozor on June 29th, 2007 @ 9:40pm CDT
I still call bullshit on the Masterpiece Starscream being a Wal-Mart exclusive. =)
Re: Hasbro's Botcon Toy Display Sneak Peek (191210)
Posted by Air Commander Starscream on June 29th, 2007 @ 9:41pm CDT
Skowl wrote:hey, hey, hey, is that a repaint of Booster/Real Gear Lazerbeak I see there? Blue and white it looks to be...

Yes there is :grin:

Metroplex79 wrote:Is it wrong to say I just want those glass shelves? :p

Seriously! If I had those cases I would be able to display my 500+ Transformers......one day......
Re: Hasbro's Botcon Toy Display Sneak Peek (191219)
Posted by bigprime on June 29th, 2007 @ 9:49pm CDT
I love these figures. I also agree with Air Commander Starscream that I would love to get some of those glass cases for my display.
Re: Hasbro's Botcon Toy Display Sneak Peek (191267)
Posted by God Magnus on June 29th, 2007 @ 10:30pm CDT
Nice pile of stuff but what's the deal with them sneaking in the Littlest Pet Shop stuff? Perhaps a Littlest Beast Wars spin-off in the future?
Re: Hasbro's Botcon Toy Display Sneak Peek (191286)
Posted by bobpiecheese on June 29th, 2007 @ 10:45pm CDT
OMG...this is pure win! Okay, apart from Deluxe Scorponok :D. Dropkick is MINE. Payload is MINE. '08 BB is MINE. Leader Brawl is MINE (albeit in the desert camo repaint). All Real Gears are MINE. Longarm is MINE. Voyager Megatron MIGHT be MINE. Leader Prime is MINE. Thank God for TF Animated being released in March...more time to get all of this!
Re: Hasbro's Botcon Toy Display Sneak Peek (191295)
Posted by Ninja Sixshot on June 29th, 2007 @ 10:51pm CDT
Air Commander Starscream wrote:

Yes there is :grin:

Metroplex79 wrote:Is it wrong to say I just want those glass shelves? :p

but wouldnt you want to space out your collection?
Re: Hasbro's Botcon Toy Display Sneak Peek (191325)
Posted by bumblezzz on June 29th, 2007 @ 11:26pm CDT
come on hasbro, why does 08 bb come out in augest, what is supposed to come out in july anyways?
still cant wait for full gallery;p

Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Grimlock Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Earthrise Trailbreaker Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Unopened Hasbro 1992 Transformers Generation 2 Decepticon Swindle" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Fall Of Cybertron Sideswipe Deluxe Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers TAKARA TOMY GENERATIONS DECEPTICON OUTCAST MAGNIFICUS From JP TGHB" on EBAY
Buy "2012 Transformers Generations Grimlock Fall of Cybertron" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS R.E.D. REFORMATTING MEGATRON WALMART EXCLUSIVE IN HAND" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Masterpiece Grimlock Generation 1 TOYS R US EXCLUSIVE MP-03!!!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers kingdom war for cybertron Trilogy  Rhinox. New!" on EBAY