Hasbro's Seacons / Piranacon reissue released In Hong Kong!

Hasbro's Seacons / Piranacon reissue released In Hong Kong!

Thursday, July 15th, 2010 9:44pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: Mach   Views: 41,733

The G1 Reissue Seacons has been released in Hong Kong and HK-TF member Mickmon has got his hand on this popular gestalt.

You can view the original post here.

Seacons is exclusive to our sponsor - BBTS in North America, if you wish to get this kindly order at BBTS.

Stay tuned to Seibertron, Ultimate Resource of Transformers!

Credit(s): HK-TF member Mickmon

This article was last modified on Saturday, July 17th, 2010 1:34pm CDT

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Hasbro's Seacons / Piranacon reissue released In Hong Kong! (1098660)
Posted by Ungie on July 15th, 2010 @ 9:53pm CDT
Well duper cool for Hong Kongians, but In PA I am just so worried about the scalpers and if it even makes it over to here. I can't remember, is he a TRU exclusive, or open to all stores?
Re: Hasbro's Seacons / Piranacon reissue released In Hong Kong! (1098661)
Posted by Overcracker on July 15th, 2010 @ 9:57pm CDT
Ungie wrote: I can't remember, is he a TRU exclusive, or open to all stores?

Neither. He's a BBTS online exclusive.
Re: Hasbro's Seacons / Piranacon reissue released In Hong Kong! (1098703)
Posted by ShGarland_1383 on July 15th, 2010 @ 11:56pm CDT
Overcracker wrote:
Ungie wrote:I can't remember, is he a TRU exclusive, or open to all stores?

Neither. He's a BBTS online exclusive.

I was kind of wondering this myself back when this first came up. I think that it got sorted out around the time the pre-orders went up. While I had to figure this had to be some sort of exclusive – since, aside from the Masterpiece Starscream-style package, this is pretty much a G1CS-like release – I was a bit let down by the fact Big Bad got this instead of TRU. I get out of making the trip to the TRU on Power Rd and worrying if they actually have it, but I'd have rather made the trip and come home with it in hand instead of having to watch for the big brown van.
Re: Hasbro's Seacons / Piranacon reissue released In Hong Kong! (1098705)
Posted by Crisdecal on July 16th, 2010 @ 12:00am CDT
I wonder if it might show up on Hasbro's website despite it being a BBTS exclusive. Sometimes I see exclusives pop up on their web site from time to time.
Re: Hasbro's Seacons / Piranacon reissue released In Hong Kong! (1098712)
Posted by LiKwid on July 16th, 2010 @ 12:21am CDT
Man I cant wait for these, even though I got the later release I decided to get the collectors choice from BBTS..I'm leavin these bad boys in their gorgeous packaging!
Re: Hasbro's Seacons / Piranacon reissue released In Hong Kong! (1098715)
Posted by Neurie on July 16th, 2010 @ 12:27am CDT
Well it does state BBTS is the exclusive distributed IN NORTH AMERICA. It would make very little sense for hasbro to not release it through other venues in other territories
Re: Hasbro's Seacons / Piranacon reissue released In Hong Kong! (1098719)
Posted by Flux Convoy on July 16th, 2010 @ 12:37am CDT
:BOT:
Re: Hasbro's Seacons / Piranacon reissue released In Hong Kong! (1098734)
Posted by LiKwid on July 16th, 2010 @ 1:22am CDT
Flux Convoy wrote:I was unsure if the chest and sword were going to be chromed. I'm happy to see that they are. I am really liking the slightly darker colors opposed to the original figures. I'm pretty excited to eventually ship my POL.
:BOT:

I'm wondering if there is a limit on the POL..I have 5 items in there right now and it's only gonna cost me 15 bucks to ship it all:p After august when all of the new predators stuff plus the seacons ship..Man that is gonna be one big box of sexy!

The chrome sword sold it to me..I only saw vauge pics of the last release of these but I loved the color scheme and the names the bots have..
Re: Hasbro's Seacons / Piranacon reissue released In Hong Kong! (1098802)
Posted by Jesterhead on July 16th, 2010 @ 6:02am CDT
This may just be one of the few figures I leave in the package!!

Lookin' good!!!
Re: Hasbro's Seacons / Piranacon reissue released In Hong Kong! (1098816)
Posted by autobot-jolt on July 16th, 2010 @ 6:33am CDT
If only I could afford him....
Re: Hasbro's Seacons / Piranacon reissue released In Hong Kong! (1098819)
Posted by Flux Convoy on July 16th, 2010 @ 6:36am CDT
LiKwid wrote:
:BOT:

As far as I'm aware there's no limit. I've shipped at least 15 items at once. I certainly don't recall ever hearing about one.
:BOT:
Re: Hasbro's Seacons / Piranacon reissue released In Hong Kong! (1098826)
Posted by Counterpunch on July 16th, 2010 @ 6:43am CDT
Ok, so two questions are answered: Overkill is not exactly in his original colors, his purple is much more pink-ish now. That's lame. Also, the stickers we saw at Botcon were not final, that's good.

The only unanswered question is whether Snap Trap has a painted head...
Re: Hasbro's Seacons / Piranacon reissue released In Hong Kong! (1098847)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on July 16th, 2010 @ 7:34am CDT
Flux Convoy wrote:
LiKwid wrote:
:BOT:

:BOT:

The only one I know of is six months from the date of purchase of the first item. I've shipped 30+ items once.
Re: Hasbro's Seacons / Piranacon reissue released In Hong Kong! (1098954)
Posted by Jayson26 on July 16th, 2010 @ 10:34am CDT
Re: Hasbro's Seacons / Piranacon reissue released In Hong Kong! (1098984)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on July 16th, 2010 @ 11:39am CDT
Jayson26 wrote:lol nautilator's blaster mode is backwards on the side of the box... strange hes the odd man out.. or is he the one the seacons keep as a gun case hes messed up?

In both the Japanese and US Marvel continuities, Overbite is the gun. Nautilator is either right leg (US) or right arm (Japan, King Poseidon), switching with Skalor. That's the only difference in default configuration between the two markets.
Re: Hasbro's Seacons / Piranacon reissue released In Hong Kong! (1099020)
Posted by Dagon on July 16th, 2010 @ 12:51pm CDT
Re: Hasbro's Seacons / Piranacon reissue released In Hong Kong! (1099029)
Posted by ShGarland_1383 on July 16th, 2010 @ 1:05pm CDT
Dagon wrote:Not to be 'that picky guy,' but would it really have been too much trouble to update the pictures of the figures on the side of the package so that they looked like the figures inside the package? If they have different paintjobs, shouldn't their graphic representations resemble them in paintjob representation?

It may end up saying "Product and colors may vary." somewhere where on the package. Think it normally does, anyway.

Is there really that much difference between the original release and the reissue though?
Re: Hasbro's Seacons / Piranacon reissue released In Hong Kong! (1099033)
Posted by Dagon on July 16th, 2010 @ 1:11pm CDT
ShGarland_1383 wrote:

Not at all, and I didn't think of the 'actual product may vary' bit. It doesn't really bother me one way or another, I just saw the photo and thought that for an exclusive, they c/should have made the picture match the actual item. I think it stuck in my head becuase these are exclusives. Like, if it was just another ROTF or HFTD or Generations or whatever toy, in general store release I doubt I'd even have noticed. I was just mentioning is all, it just kind of struck me as being odd. Sorry if I was/am 'that picky guy,' cause I really didn't mean to appear that way.
Re: Hasbro's Seacons / Piranacon reissue released In Hong Kong! (1099045)
Posted by DMSL on July 16th, 2010 @ 1:34pm CDT
Kinda sucks it has only three colours (pink, blue, grey) as opposed to the original that also had purple and a lot more black added.

Is there going to be a Japanese (encore) release of this set?
Re: Hasbro's Seacons / Piranacon reissue released In Hong Kong! (1099066)
Posted by ShGarland_1383 on July 16th, 2010 @ 2:06pm CDT
Dagon wrote:
ShGarland_1383 wrote:

No big. Just thought I'd share the thoughts that occurred to me at the time. :D

Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

Buy "Transformers R.e.d. MEGATRON Vinyl RED Series Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy HEAT SCRAMBLE Transformers Starter Set TFD-00" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers WFC War For Cybertron Siege Battle Masters Blowpipe MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War for Cybertron Battle Masters - BLOWPIPE (NEW)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Sludge Power of the Primes Combiner MOSC Sealed" on EBAY