Hasbro's Soundwave Reissue Out in Australia

Hasbro's Soundwave Reissue Out in Australia

Thursday, April 19th, 2007 6:18pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: Hotrod   Views: 15,365

Our own i_amtrunks has dropped us a line informing us of a new release in Australia. Vert of TAAU has reported finding Hasbro's Soundwave reissue. The figure was found at Toys "R" Us in Erina, and costs $49.99.

Credit(s): i_amtrunks and Vert of TAAU

This article was last modified on Thursday, April 19th, 2007 6:26pm CDT

Re: Hasbro's Soundwave Reissue Out in Australia (91258)
Posted by darthsutius on April 19th, 2007 @ 7:09pm CDT
Crap in a hat. No TRUs in Tasmania for some strange reason.

$49.95 is a reasonable price, I was expecting closer to $80 considering other reissues.
Re: Hasbro's Soundwave Reissue Out in Australia (91295)
Posted by Fang Wolf on April 19th, 2007 @ 7:48pm CDT
I was expecting $100... wow. Must buy 3...
Re: Hasbro's Soundwave Reissue Out in Australia (91307)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on April 19th, 2007 @ 8:06pm CDT
I thought this got discontinued for the upcoming G1 reissues?
Re: Hasbro's Soundwave Reissue Out in Australia (91438)
Posted by Anonymous on April 19th, 2007 @ 9:45pm CDT
Whoop! I got mine from TRU Chatswood!
Re: Hasbro's Soundwave Reissue Out in Australia (91444)
Posted by Zeedust on April 19th, 2007 @ 9:49pm CDT
And yet I've given up on finding the damn thing in Maryland.

I feel like I've been mugged.
Re: Hasbro's Soundwave Reissue Out in Australia (91515)
Posted by spiritofcat on April 19th, 2007 @ 11:10pm CDT
This news on the same day that my order from BBTS ships.
I swear I'm cursed.
First I order Jetfire from them and then cancel him because I find him in a local shop, and now on the same day that my order that includes soundwave is being shipped, he's found here too!

At least there haven't been any sightings of Revoltech Megatron in Australia yet...
Re: Hasbro's Soundwave Reissue Out in Australia (91578)
Posted by i_amtrunks on April 20th, 2007 @ 12:58am CDT
Penrith did not have any as of last night, but they are often the last to get anything.
Since I work in Artarmon, maybe a quick visit to Chatswood TRU is in order... must see how far it is from the Station...
Re: Hasbro's Soundwave Reissue Out in Australia (91585)
Posted by Anonymous on April 20th, 2007 @ 1:17am CDT
Re: Hasbro's Soundwave Reissue Out in Australia (94393)
Posted by i_amtrunks on April 22nd, 2007 @ 6:46pm CDT
Sheogorath wrote:Trunks, it's very close to the station, in Westfields. There were heaps there too, I actually got three :P

The fun part is trying to get there while they are still open. Thursday is the only chance I'll get I'd say.

And why am I not surprised you got 3?
Re: Hasbro's Soundwave Reissue Out in Australia (94537)
Posted by Gutsman Heavy on April 22nd, 2007 @ 10:14pm CDT
the scalpers are having a great time with this release
check it: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Transformers-G1- ... dZViewItem

I feel sorry for the poor bastards (buyers not scalpers)
Re: Hasbro's Soundwave Reissue Out in Australia (95778)
Posted by i_amtrunks on April 23rd, 2007 @ 7:11pm CDT
Gutsman Heavy wrote:the scalpers are having a great time with this release
check it: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Transformers-G1- ... dZViewItem

I feel sorry for the poor bastards (buyers not scalpers)

Had the bidding ended when you first posted the link? because it has now, and thus will not be up much longer. For anyone that does miss it, know it went for 3 times the TRU asking price.

I cannot believe it went that high, especially as if you were after a G1 Soundwave (Soundblaster, whatever) one would think you would do some research and find out that he was available in TRU for 1/3 of the price.

What is worse is he has another 3 SOundwaves up for sale, one is over $88, another is at $50 and the last is $20 with 4 days left.

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Nightbeat" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

Buy "Transformers RUMBLE Figure Generations Selects Spy Patrol WFC Micromaster Frenzy" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers age of Extinction generations legion Grimlock" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS OPTIMUS PRIME & ROLLER, Thrilling 30 Legends 2013" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron Autobot Jazz" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Centurion Drone Pack G1 Ravage Cage! Mint!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Mastermind-Creations  R-0IC Terminus Hexatron Continuum Reformatted" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Fall Of Cybertron VORTEX  Bruticus Combaticons" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Fall Of Cybertron SWINDLE Deluxe Bruticus" on EBAY