Transformers News: #HASCON 2017 Hall of Fame Awards awarded to Susan Blu and Lorenzo di Bonadventura

Saturday, September 9th, 2017 8:35PM CDT

Categories: Event News, People News
Posted by: WreckerJack   Views: 8,275

Congratulations to this year's winners on their Hall of Fame awards. Many of our readers will recognize Susan Blu as the voice of Arcee from Transformers G1. Lorenzo di Bonadventura has been producing Trasnsformers films for the past 10 years. We have taken some close up shots of the awards below so you can read what they say and admire the figures posed with them.

If you are an Arcee fan, have a look at this brand new Titans Return figure!

Credit(s): Hascon

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: #HASCON 2017 Hall of Fame Awards awarded to Susan Blu and Lorenzo di Bonadventura (1909737)
Posted by Quantum Surge on September 9th, 2017 @ 8:45pm CDT
Congrats to Susan and Lorenzo! They've both contributed to this franchise so much that it's cool to have them stick with us for such a long time! And just to be on a tangent, grrr those mistransformed Masterpieces just make me want to steal them and Keep it together, Surge.
Re: #HASCON 2017 Hall of Fame Awards awarded to Susan Blu and Lorenzo di Bonadventura (1909739)
Posted by WreckerJack on September 9th, 2017 @ 9:03pm CDT
This year's fan favorites have been determined. The favorite Transformers character this year is Galvatron, while Barricade has won the Favorite Transformers Movie character category. Lastly, Trypticon has won the Toy of the Year award. It has been a good year for Decepticons!

Re: #HASCON 2017 Hall of Fame Awards awarded to Susan Blu and Lorenzo di Bonadventura (1909759)
Posted by dragons on September 9th, 2017 @ 10:08pm CDT
Finally decpeticons get recognition glad it wasn't bumblebee and prime that won I didn't vote wasn't going to make account for voting
Re: #HASCON 2017 Hall of Fame Awards awarded to Susan Blu and Lorenzo di Bonadventura (1909766)
Posted by Rated X on September 9th, 2017 @ 10:25pm CDT
And the QC issue of the year goes to:

A. MP Hot Rod's peeling chrome

B. Wolfwire's broken cockpit

C. Trypticon's bad hips

And we have a winner ! :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK:
Re: #HASCON 2017 Hall of Fame Awards awarded to Susan Blu and Lorenzo di Bonadventura (1909771)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on September 9th, 2017 @ 10:33pm CDT
Will that Arcee be available at retail or is it an exclusive?
Re: #HASCON 2017 Hall of Fame Awards awarded to Susan Blu and Lorenzo di Bonadventura (1909772)
Posted by Kurona on September 9th, 2017 @ 10:34pm CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:Will that Arcee be available at retail or is it an exclusive?

It's early access at Hascon, but it will later see wider distribution... somehow somewhere.
Re: #HASCON 2017 Hall of Fame Awards awarded to Susan Blu and Lorenzo di Bonadventura (1909778)
Posted by william-james88 on September 9th, 2017 @ 10:59pm CDT
Rated X wrote:And the QC issue of the year goes to:

A. MP Hot Rod's peeling chrome

But that was last year.

Not wide retail. It is said to later be available as a retailer exclusive, so just TRU, or BBTS, or maybe just HTS.
Re: #HASCON 2017 Hall of Fame Awards awarded to Susan Blu and Lorenzo di Bonadventura (1909786)
Posted by EunuchRon on September 10th, 2017 @ 12:15am CDT
Behold... Galvatron! :BOWDOWN:
Re: #HASCON 2017 Hall of Fame Awards awarded to Susan Blu and Lorenzo di Bonadventura (1909791)
Posted by Qwan on September 10th, 2017 @ 12:33am CDT
william-james88 wrote:

Uhhhhhhg. And there goes my hope of getting it, at least at a price I'd be willing to pay :lol: . Ah well, best wishes to those that do get and enjoy it! It looks like a pretty nice piece of plastic, if I do say so myself.
Re: #HASCON 2017 Hall of Fame Awards awarded to Susan Blu and Lorenzo di Bonadventura (1909794)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on September 10th, 2017 @ 1:06am CDT
Re: #HASCON 2017 Hall of Fame Awards awarded to Susan Blu and Lorenzo di Bonadventura (1909795)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 10th, 2017 @ 1:09am CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:Rated X I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say hope you're ok. I did something horrible folks, something you'll probably see the results of by the end of the week.
So, you are the one responsible for sending Irma my way.

J/K
Re: #HASCON 2017 Hall of Fame Awards awarded to Susan Blu and Lorenzo di Bonadventura (1909802)
Posted by Va'al on September 10th, 2017 @ 3:38am CDT
We've shown you the plaques and trophies for the Transformers Hall of Fame induction ceremonies for Susan Blu and Lorenzo di Bonaventura (see it here!) which took place at Hascon 2017 last night during the VIP dinner panel with Frank Welker and Peter Cullen - but why not pretend you were there in person, by taking a look at a video recording of the whole thing? Check it out below!

Re: #HASCON 2017 Hall of Fame Awards awarded to Susan Blu and Lorenzo di Bonadventura (1909859)
Posted by Rated X on September 10th, 2017 @ 10:01am CDT
Yo Ryan,

Its your old pal X riding out hurricane Irma and boy is she wet lol! Since im trapped inside and can use some entertainment, maybe you can offer us some tibits about non Transformers stuff at Hascon for s**t and giggles...

Did Dude perfect splash the crowd with supersoakers?

Did chewbacca mom eat 10 hot dogs during her pannel?

Did you hear the crickets chirping at the duengons and dragons display?

And what horrifying things did fans engage in at the MLP extravaganza?

Post some videos, share some stories, make us laugh ! Enquiring minds want to know...
Re: #HASCON 2017 Hall of Fame Awards awarded to Susan Blu and Lorenzo di Bonadventura (1909865)
Posted by Sodan-1 on September 10th, 2017 @ 10:17am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:I find it a little sad that the first question asked at the panel's Q&A was about the Brave Series.

Yeah, that's pretty poor. I hope there was an audible sound of all the eyes rolling.

DMSL wrote:The Dinobots look good, but Deluxe class is too small for these, they should all be at least Voyager class.

Especially since the Predacons are said to be all voyagers.

Congratulations to Susan Blu indeed. Doesn't she do a lot of directing of voice actors on the more recent shows?

There's far too much positivity about these figures. Allow me to counter.

I know this is the only way we'll ever get The Thirteen from Hasbro, but I'm still disappointed they're only Titan Masters. I'm hoping a third party will have a shot at them, maybe incorporate a compartment for the official figures to keep to gimmick alive.

Optimus Prime's vehicle mode isn't great, but I like the figure overall, just not sure I have a desire for it.

As for the Dinobots; oh, dear. I get that the clear plastic armour is a homage to G1, but using it on Snarl and Sludge's back legs is poor. Perhaps Sludge references his fate in FoC, having lost his legs and so now he has ghost legs. Swoop's alright, but the rest look a little cheap. The combined mode doesn't excite me either. The proportions are giving me flashbacks to FoC Bruticus. That's not only killed it for me, but inspired me to get a third party Dino-combiner.
Re: #HASCON 2017 Hall of Fame Awards awarded to Susan Blu and Lorenzo di Bonadventura (1909867)
Posted by Rated X on September 10th, 2017 @ 10:27am CDT

Thanks Chuck. So far so good here. Just trying to maintain. A little minor fence damage so far. Cant wait to see what you did...lol
Re: #HASCON 2017 Hall of Fame Awards awarded to Susan Blu and Lorenzo di Bonadventura (1909870)
Posted by Rated X on September 10th, 2017 @ 10:42am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
So, you are the one responsible for sending Irma my way.

J/K

She didnt like me...

But seriously I hope you and everybody makes it through safe with no major damage.
Re: #HASCON 2017 Hall of Fame Awards awarded to Susan Blu and Lorenzo di Bonadventura (1909871)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 10th, 2017 @ 10:53am CDT
Rated X wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
So, you are the one responsible for sending Irma my way.

J/K

She didnt like me...

Thanks. We're prepared and just trying to wait it out at this point.
Re: #HASCON 2017 Hall of Fame Awards awarded to Susan Blu and Lorenzo di Bonadventura (1909887)
Posted by Munkky on September 10th, 2017 @ 12:19pm CDT
So at the Prime Wars trilogy panel Hasbro showed some early concept art for Leader Prima and Megatronus, both of which look like they're made from the Titan Return Overlord mould:

Here's a link to every picture shown: http://tformers.com/update-leader-prima ... /news.html

But it was said at the panel that neither figure will be happening at any point, because they were deemed "too obscure to release in the toyline by Hasbro".

......."Too obscure"..............

Even though Megatronus was a major villain in Robots in Disguise recently. And he was in one of the Michael Bay films (albeit under his old name). And the Generations toyline recently featured the incredibly obscure Lione and Shuffler. And Power of the Primes is a toyline centered around Primes.... :BANG_HEAD:
Re: #HASCON 2017 Hall of Fame Awards awarded to Susan Blu and Lorenzo di Bonadventura (1909890)
Posted by Va'al on September 10th, 2017 @ 12:23pm CDT
Just so people are aware, we do have our own imagery of the same panel, just coming later.

Video recordings need uploading and rendering, and screencaps need to be made. :)
Re: #HASCON 2017 Hall of Fame Awards awarded to Susan Blu and Lorenzo di Bonadventura (1909893)
Posted by Kurona on September 10th, 2017 @ 12:32pm CDT
Munkky wrote:

......."Too obscure"..............

And let's not forget that the mold shown here was itself originally used for friggin' Sky Shadow

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers The Last Knight Premier Edition Barricade DLX Class NEW SEALED - Time Remaining: 1 day 6 hours 21 minutes 46 seconds
Transformers The Last Knight Premier Edition Berserker DLX Class NEW SEALED - Time Remaining: 1 day 6 hours 22 minutes 9 seconds
Transformers The Last Knight Premier Edition Dinobot Slash DLX Class NEW SEALED - Time Remaining: 4 days 3 hours 22 minutes 30 seconds
Transformers Timelines Collectors Club TFCC Botcon Trans-mutate Transmutate MIB - Time Remaining: 7 days 20 hours 29 minutes 37 seconds
Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Autobot Springer MISB - Time Remaining: 23 days 9 hours 29 minutes 42 seconds
Transformers Cybertron Voyager Mudflap 100% Complete - Time Remaining: 10 days 3 hours 29 minutes 25 seconds
Transformers Generations Deluxe Blurr (Drift Redeco) MOSC - Time Remaining: 9 days 11 hours 29 minutes 25 seconds
Transformers Cybertron Leader  Metroplex With DrillBit .. - Time Remaining: 1 day 22 hours 36 minutes 17 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #188 - Mutinous Intent