Transformers News: #HASCON 2017 Transformers: Power of the Primes Sunday Updates: Combined Starscream, Slash robot mode,

Sunday, September 10th, 2017 1:36PM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Event News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 31,815

Re: #HASCON 2017 Transformers: Power of the Primes Sunday Updates: Combined Starscream, Slash robot mode, (1909905)
Posted by Mr.MicroMaster on September 10th, 2017 @ 1:38pm CDT
Moonracer,Rippersnapper,Hun-garr,and Primal all look fantastic can not wait to get them.
Re: #HASCON 2017 Transformers: Power of the Primes Sunday Updates: Combined Starscream, Slash robot mode, (1909907)
Posted by grimdragon2001 on September 10th, 2017 @ 1:51pm CDT
Va'al wrote:As an update to the previous story about the new Transformers: Power of the Primes figures being shown at the Transformers area of Hascon, we have more images of the display cases with the same figures from different angles, and some new additions and alternate configurations for the likes of Starscream and his combined mode on the packaging art, Hot Rod / Rodimus Prime, Optimus Prime / Orion Pax, Dinobot Slash, the Blackwing and Dreadwind jets in their combined mode. Check out the images below!

looks like the Hotrod part of RP might be bigger than expected. makes me wonder if he'll scale well with TR Galvatron.
Re: #HASCON 2017 Transformers: Power of the Primes Sunday Updates: Combined Starscream, Slash robot mode, (1909908)
Posted by william-james88 on September 10th, 2017 @ 1:53pm CDT
That deluxe Hot Rod is freaken amazing looking. I cant believe he looks so dead on for a toy that is supposedly quite simple in design.
Re: #HASCON 2017 Transformers: Power of the Primes Sunday Updates: Combined Starscream, Slash robot mode, (1909909)
Posted by Kurona on September 10th, 2017 @ 1:56pm CDT

Still, Hot Rod himself looks incredible. That one render shown on the slideshow back at SDCC had me a bit ambivalent about him, but he looks downright perfect here with his smooth angles, the finish on his chest and helmet, that spot-on facesculpt... and, most importantly, the very visible and very cool-looking spoiler! I almost regret getting the Titans Return figure!

Re: #HASCON 2017 Transformers: Power of the Primes Sunday Updates: Combined Starscream, Slash robot mode, (1909911)
Posted by RAR on September 10th, 2017 @ 2:00pm CDT
If they ever want to temmper their G1 fetish down a bit - I'd love to see a CW compatible Dinobot Team where the Limbs & Torso are based on the PCC Dinobots - not to mention I'd be happy to see them keep cranking these out for years - I'd also like CW style versions of all the Kreo combiners too.

Heck several of the other PCC Designs would make very interesting toys at the different scale too, the advantage is we'd get expansions to existing premises (Like Dinobots & Constructicons) and yet also get new Characters - also a 5 part Construction combiner has repaint/remould potential for Takara to make into a version of 6 Builder or The Autobot Build team too.

But If they made that cute little Armoured Car or half track into a brand new robot that would be delightful or what about the Monster truck as a Voyager.

People keep hoping they'd make at least some new toys for a change and not just nostalgia farm exclusively - but perhaps you can get a "new toy feeling" by nostaliga farming more obscure things - as was done with Overlord I guess.

Also I do still really want a Proper Thunderwing sometime - so I hope it's not off the table for Prima or Megatronus to be the basis for him in some form - heck the existing mould or a new oner - either is really going to suit him as if you do an IDW's version you can make him a Torso unit and function like a true Mega Pretender too (pretty much). Or they could go for a more G1 look and use the Overlord mould family as the base (Prima looks quite close already). I don't mind if it's an exclusive or a boxed set or if it even take 2 years to show up _ I just think he's super appropriate.

Kind alike I wouldn't mind a CW Sunstorm sometime down the road too.
Re: #HASCON 2017 Transformers: Power of the Primes Sunday Updates: Combined Starscream, Slash robot mode, (1909912)
Posted by grimdragon2001 on September 10th, 2017 @ 2:01pm CDT
Kurona wrote:I was staring at the Rodimus renders earlier today wondering how on earth the arms were supposed to connect in evolved mode. And now I get my answer! ... parts-forming! Yay...

i dont see any reason for regret. look how big Hot Rod looks next to Blackwing (or is that Dreadwind). Hot Rod looks a bit bigger than a deluxe to me, possibly voyager size. I really want to see him in a side by side with Voyager Starscream or Galvatron now
Re: #HASCON 2017 Transformers: Power of the Primes Sunday Updates: Combined Starscream, Slash robot mode, (1909913)
Posted by RobRobRobRobRob on September 10th, 2017 @ 2:01pm CDT
You know, I've been thinking about it, and you know what that Rippersnapper would be great retooled as? A deluxe Repugnus. Am I right?
Re: #HASCON 2017 Transformers: Power of the Primes Sunday Updates: Combined Starscream, Slash robot mode, (1909914)
Posted by Kurona on September 10th, 2017 @ 2:03pm CDT
grimdragon2001 wrote:

Honestly... that actually helps. Not for everyone of course, but for me being between deluxe and voyager just works for Hot Rod to me.

I think about the only things I prefer about TR Hot Rod now are the colour scheme and the fact he has a cockpit. Then again, I don't think I've seen this version's car mode alone yet...
Re: #HASCON 2017 Transformers: Power of the Primes Sunday Updates: Combined Starscream, Slash robot mode, (1909916)
Posted by william-james88 on September 10th, 2017 @ 2:10pm CDT
We recently posted the artwork featured on the cards and box art for the Power of the Primes Dinobots and it was missing Slash, the fifth Dinobot. Well, we have it now. These were sent to us from various Twitter and Facebook posts with the original source not pinpointed down yet. But we would rather show these to you as soon as possible. You will also see the artwork for Orion Pax and Optimus Primal. It is unknown if that means the leader toy will come with two cards or not. Last, but certainly not least, is the most awesome shot of Cloudburst ever drawn in Transformers history. You have to see it!

Re: #HASCON 2017 Transformers: Power of the Primes Sunday Updates: Combined Starscream, Slash robot mode, (1909917)
Posted by grimdragon2001 on September 10th, 2017 @ 2:11pm CDT
Kurona wrote:
grimdragon2001 wrote:

yea, i wish the trailer still had its battle station mode, but even as it is, i might just display the Hot Rod part as Rodimus Prime while having TR/Legends Hot Rod as Hot Rod
Re: #HASCON 2017 Transformers: Power of the Primes Sunday Updates: Combined Starscream, Slash robot mode, (1909918)
Posted by Mr.MicroMaster on September 10th, 2017 @ 2:15pm CDT
I really love this artwork.
Re: #HASCON 2017 Transformers: Power of the Primes Sunday Updates: Combined Starscream, Slash robot mode, (1909923)
Posted by william-james88 on September 10th, 2017 @ 2:27pm CDT
Man, now I wish we had a full on deluxe cloudburst that looked like this!
Re: #HASCON 2017 Transformers: Power of the Primes Sunday Updates: Combined Starscream, Slash robot mode, (1909925)
Posted by steals_your_goats on September 10th, 2017 @ 2:31pm CDT
Isn't there another panel going on right now?
Re: #HASCON 2017 Transformers: Power of the Primes Sunday Updates: Combined Starscream, Slash robot mode, (1909926)
Posted by Kurona on September 10th, 2017 @ 2:32pm CDT
First the gun mode, now this. Why did they all of a sudden decide to make Cloudburst awesome? :lol:
Re: #HASCON 2017 Transformers: Power of the Primes Sunday Updates: Combined Starscream, Slash robot mode, (1909927)
Posted by Adimus Prime on September 10th, 2017 @ 2:41pm CDT
Those pastel symbols floating around their heads look like they're high on Lucky Charms or under a My Little Pony's spell.
Re: #HASCON 2017 Transformers: Power of the Primes Sunday Updates: Combined Starscream, Slash robot mode, (1909928)
Posted by Va'al on September 10th, 2017 @ 2:45pm CDT
steals_your_goats wrote:Isn't there another panel going on right now?

It's effectively the same exact content, repeated for those unable to attend Friday.
Re: #HASCON 2017 Transformers: Power of the Primes Sunday Updates: Combined Starscream, Slash robot mode, (1909931)
Posted by Black Hat on September 10th, 2017 @ 2:51pm CDT
Hey, look at this awesome pose Cloudburst can't actually do!
Re: #HASCON 2017 Transformers: Power of the Primes Sunday Updates: Combined Starscream, Slash robot mode, (1909935)
Posted by bodrock on September 10th, 2017 @ 3:00pm CDT
I may need that PotP Optimus Prime.....I didn't expect that desire. Rodimus is still a mist-have.

I'll probably end up with just about everything in this line. :P
Re: #HASCON 2017 Transformers: Power of the Primes Sunday Updates: Combined Starscream, Slash robot mode, (1909936)
Posted by Kurona on September 10th, 2017 @ 3:02pm CDT

Legion - 2010
Legends - T30
Deluxe - Classics 2-pack
Leader - PotP

Can't wait until we get it in Titan class :lol:
Re: #HASCON 2017 Transformers: Power of the Primes Sunday Updates: Combined Starscream, Slash robot mode, (1909937)
Posted by Cobotron on September 10th, 2017 @ 3:04pm CDT
Kurona wrote:I just realised that with this Leader, we have an Optimus in the original G1 design in every size class but Voyager.

Legion - 2010
Legends - T30
Deluxe - Classics 2-pack
Leader - PotP

Can't wait until we get it in Titan class :lol:
Classics doesn't count? Too neo for you?

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Armada | Max-con Thundercracker & Minicon Zapmaster Pre-Owned VGUC - Time Remaining: 22 days 19 hours 25 minutes 1 second
Transformers POTP Power of the Primes Dinobot Slug! NEW IN BOX - Time Remaining: 3 days 5 hours 28 minutes 40 seconds
Hasbro Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary BLITZWING Figure Ages 8+ 7in - Time Remaining: 4 days 13 hours 36 minutes 43 seconds
Transformers Generations FRENZY RUMBLE RATBAT RAMHORN REWIND EJECT SUNDER RAVAGE - Time Remaining: 2 days 8 hours 36 minutes 57 seconds
Hasbro Transformers Heroes of Cybertron Devastator Figure BAF Metroplex 4"in - Time Remaining: 4 days 36 minutes 51 seconds
TRANSFORMERS Robots in Disguise OVERLOAD & BACKTRACK Mini-Con Deployer Ages 8+ - Time Remaining: 1 day 10 hours 36 minutes 58 seconds
GENERATIONS TRANSFORMERS COMBINER WARS THUNDERCRACKER IDW L ACTION FIGURE MISB - Time Remaining: 1 day 10 hours 38 minutes 56 seconds
Action Figures and Toys G1 Transformers Power Rangers Spider-Man Flip Star Wars - Time Remaining: 3 days 19 hours 41 minutes 14 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #188 - Mutinous Intent