Friday, September 8th, 2017 5:14pm CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News, Event News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 26,551

You saw the coverage of the Transformers brand panel at Hascon, now you can check in for yourselves with more artwork, more comments, more points raised by the speakers and audience in the recording of the whole thing on on the Seibertron.com YouTube channel! Check out the clip embedded below, featuring Dinobots (including Slash and the combined Volcanicus), Allspark Tech, a new Optimus Prime and insight from both Takara and Hasbro designers.

Re: #HASCON Transformers Brand Panel Video: Dinobots, Optimus Prime, Volcanicus and More (1909460)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 8th, 2017 @ 5:17pm CDT

Especially considering how that's a fraction of the turn out at Hasbro toy reveal panels of the past several BotCons.
Re: #HASCON Transformers Brand Panel Video: Dinobots, Optimus Prime, Volcanicus and More (1909468)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on September 8th, 2017 @ 5:38pm CDT
So, I love pretenders. I love that the shells are getting modern versions and uses, even if not based on the exact original source material. But I will buy every single one of them.

Legends slash looks cool. If she combines, Volcanicus will be the 3rd CoEd combiner in a year!! (as in male and females in 1 combined mode. RiD Ultra Bee and Galvatronus are the other 2)

Prime looks cool. I didn't really want to buy him, but he looks like he can be my definitive "G1" Prime, seeing as how every other one I have is G2, Japanese-more based, or combined.

I love dinobots, so all these images excite me. Volcanicus looks alright, though the name is killer, and the head, to quote a friend, is "Like Grimlock's head crossed with a demon" so I am down with that. Just the torso looks a bit... odd. Maybe slash will form chest armor. Or a bombass sword
Re: #HASCON Transformers Brand Panel Video: Dinobots, Optimus Prime, Volcanicus and More (1909469)
Posted by COMMANDER on September 8th, 2017 @ 5:43pm CDT
It looks like Optimus takes advantage of the Power-Master gimmick; whereby Orion Pax folds up like Jinrai and merges with the trailer to become Optimus...definitely a buy ;). Oh, and I agree with everyone else about the whole Sludge being a deluxe thing, that's sooo messed up. On a side note, I have attached a couple spoiler links that show off more of the line-up-some you've seen others maybe not.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/attachmen ... .27684594/
http://news.tfw2005.com/wp-content/uplo ... imus-2.jpg
http://news.tfw2005.com/wp-content/uplo ... s-Jazz.jpg
http://news.tfw2005.com/wp-content/uplo ... adwind.jpg

I have to say, I am excited about the whole Abominus/Predaking thing. :x Enjoy :KREMZEEK:
Re: #HASCON Transformers Brand Panel Video: Dinobots, Optimus Prime, Volcanicus and More (1909481)
Posted by WreckerJack on September 8th, 2017 @ 6:04pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Man, all that stadium seating accommodating thousands... only for the panel turn out to be about 50-150 people. Ouch.

Sometimes they do that because it was cheaper to rent or fly everyone to. It also happens with WWE events even though it looks bad it does't mean anything really.
Re: #HASCON Transformers Brand Panel Video: Dinobots, Optimus Prime, Volcanicus and More (1909488)
Posted by ebonyleopard on September 8th, 2017 @ 6:58pm CDT
Re: #HASCON Transformers Brand Panel Video: Dinobots, Optimus Prime, Volcanicus and More (1909489)
Posted by ebonyleopard on September 8th, 2017 @ 7:00pm CDT
RustedCross wrote:Seriously loving the dinobots. I can't believe we are getting new dinobots that look like the originals, apparently transform roughly the same as the originals, and have the added capability of combining. That's just awesome.

My only complaint is the fear of stickers. I hate stickers, and I see a few there. Hopefully Takara fixes that issue, if it actually is one when the final product hits the shelves.

Hopefully Hasbro lets US put the stickers on, because I love applying stickers. Always did as a kid.
Re: #HASCON Transformers Brand Panel Video: Dinobots, Optimus Prime, Volcanicus and More (1909490)
Posted by WreckerJack on September 8th, 2017 @ 7:03pm CDT
Ebonyleopard wrote:Slash is a fembot? (Fist pump) Yes! I always hoped if they made a female dinobot it'd be a raptor.

Yes, that was announced today. I thought how did I miss that? But it turns out that Slash is indeed a lady. (Even though I always think of the guitarist from Guns n Roses)
Re: #HASCON Transformers Brand Panel Video: Dinobots, Optimus Prime, Volcanicus and More (1909491)
Posted by griftimus prime on September 8th, 2017 @ 7:19pm CDT
hoping they make a 2 foot tall scorponok.
Re: #HASCON Transformers Brand Panel Video: Dinobots, Optimus Prime, Volcanicus and More (1909492)
Posted by Kurona on September 8th, 2017 @ 7:25pm CDT
griftimus prime wrote:hoping they make a 2 foot tall scorponok.

... Combiner sized?

I'm personally wanting a Leader-class Scorponok. For many reasons...
Re: #HASCON Transformers Brand Panel Video: Dinobots, Optimus Prime, Volcanicus and More (1909499)
Posted by griftimus prime on September 8th, 2017 @ 7:44pm CDT
Kurona wrote:
griftimus prime wrote:hoping they make a 2 foot tall scorponok.

... Combiner sized?

I'm personally wanting a Leader-class Scorponok. For many reasons...

plex,max and tryp sized.
Re: #HASCON Transformers Brand Panel Video: Dinobots, Optimus Prime, Volcanicus and More (1909501)
Posted by Kurona on September 8th, 2017 @ 7:46pm CDT
griftimus prime wrote:
Kurona wrote:
griftimus prime wrote:hoping they make a 2 foot tall scorponok.

... Combiner sized?

I'm personally wanting a Leader-class Scorponok. For many reasons...

plex,max and tryp sized.

Oh yeah, they will at some point.
Re: #HASCON Transformers Brand Panel Video: Dinobots, Optimus Prime, Volcanicus and More (1909506)
Posted by william-james88 on September 8th, 2017 @ 8:01pm CDT
Sigma Magnus wrote:Is this all there's gonna be for Power of the Primes reveals, or might there be more today or tomorrow?

I wouldnt put my hopes up, though I surely wouldnt mind seeing more ;)

Optimum Supreme wrote:Make a T-rex a bigger class than a brotosaurus? 8-}

We are still discussing scale?

Joking aside, Grimlock towered over sludge in their G1 beast modes, so it fits

Re: #HASCON Transformers Brand Panel Video: Dinobots, Optimus Prime, Volcanicus and More (1909510)
Posted by Zeedust on September 8th, 2017 @ 8:26pm CDT
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:Maybe slash will form chest armor. Or a bombass sword

I don't think she's part of Volcanicus at all, unfortunately. The back of her card just shows that she can carry around Prime Masters.
Re: #HASCON Transformers Brand Panel Video: Dinobots, Optimus Prime, Volcanicus and More (1909511)
Posted by Kurona on September 8th, 2017 @ 8:30pm CDT
I don't think connectivity was shown for the likes of Groove back in Combiner Wars. I remember Shockwave's ability to connect to Onslaught's truck form was shown, but that's it.
Re: #HASCON Transformers Brand Panel Video: Dinobots, Optimus Prime, Volcanicus and More (1909513)
Posted by fenrir72 on September 8th, 2017 @ 8:45pm CDT
:lol: Oh no! What am I gonna do?! G1 AGAIN? Why Hasbro?! Why?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: #HASCON Transformers Brand Panel Video: Dinobots, Optimus Prime, Volcanicus and More (1909517)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on September 8th, 2017 @ 9:01pm CDT
Re: #HASCON Transformers Brand Panel Video: Dinobots, Optimus Prime, Volcanicus and More (1909518)
Posted by william-james88 on September 8th, 2017 @ 9:09pm CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:Hate to be that guy, but was there any word on when the exclusives will be available on Hasbro toy shop after the convention?

no, none, sorry
Re: #HASCON Transformers Brand Panel Video: Dinobots, Optimus Prime, Volcanicus and More (1909543)
Posted by Tigertrack on September 8th, 2017 @ 10:27pm CDT
I don't like the look of Sludge's robot mode, I hope it's Mis-transformed. The shoulder neck area just seems weird looking. I like all the rest for what they are, and you better believe my boys will be getting a set of dinobots.

I'm in for two sets myself, and the g2 and Diaclone sets. Wants me an official black torsoed Snarl. Blue Slag is cool too. Be fun if they do the concept g2 colors for some of these guys too.

I love seeing the dinobots, but I really want to see Terrorcons. Please Hasbro? You can't tease us like that and not share! :) I'm also with Chuck, I still need to grab skater-prime.
Re: #HASCON Transformers Brand Panel Video: Dinobots, Optimus Prime, Volcanicus and More (1909550)
Posted by X3ROhour on September 8th, 2017 @ 10:41pm CDT
THEY ARE A GESTALT!

DINOBOT COMBINER!

woot!
Re: #HASCON Transformers Brand Panel Video: Dinobots, Optimus Prime, Volcanicus and More (1909551)
Posted by Dagon on September 8th, 2017 @ 10:42pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:

I wouldnt put my hopes up, though I surely wouldnt mind seeing more ;)

Optimum Supreme wrote:Make a T-rex a bigger class than a brotosaurus? 8-}

We are still discussing scale?

I love that picture. It may be my favorite Transformers image of all time.

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Apeface" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Overlord Decepticon Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Earthrise Trailbreaker Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Unopened Hasbro 1992 Transformers Generation 2 Decepticon Swindle" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Fall Of Cybertron Sideswipe Deluxe Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers TAKARA TOMY GENERATIONS DECEPTICON OUTCAST MAGNIFICUS From JP TGHB" on EBAY
Buy "2012 Transformers Generations Grimlock Fall of Cybertron" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS R.E.D. REFORMATTING MEGATRON WALMART EXCLUSIVE IN HAND" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Masterpiece Grimlock Generation 1 TOYS R US EXCLUSIVE MP-03!!!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers kingdom war for cybertron Trilogy  Rhinox. New!" on EBAY