Transformers News: Haslab Transformers Unicron Project Hits Over 5,000 Backers In Final Four Days of Crowdfunding

Tuesday, August 27th, 2019 10:21PM CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News, Collectables
Posted by: Stargrave   Views: 21,220

Jumping up the charts once again today the Haslab Transformers War for Cybertron Unicron project has crossed the 5,000 backers threshold! As of this writing Unicron stands (or floats) at 5,052 backers. Unicron is in his final four days of preparation before he enters our universe fully and begins to devour all before him. In lead up to the Haslab crowdfunding culminating at 11:59 PM EST on August 31, 2019 we here at Seibertron have a few treats to help you get revved up for the Titan of all Titans arriving so make sure to stay tuned for upcoming articles featuring the Chaos Bringer himself.

Head to Hasbro Pulse to order Unicron by clicking here!

For the father of the Fallen to stand on his own he still needs your support! Seibertronians, Cybertronians, Autobots, Decepticons, Jedis, Power Rangers, G.I. Joes, all and everyone in between this is the time to put in your order for what is guaranteed to be a crown jewel of any toy collection. Feel the magic, hear the roar, dynotherms connected, infracells up, you have the power! The power to make this project a reality and to be a part of a historic chapter in Transformers history for all time. Will you be one of the 8,000? Do you have the courage to stand against the mighty Unicron? Share your thoughts in the forum and don't forget, just four more days left before this opportunity is gone forever so don't wait!

And once again just to follow up on the reveal from yesterday here are the new images of Unicron's changeable chin and mini Galvatron figure. Enjoy!

You can head to Hasbro Pulse by clicking any of the images or by clicking here to order Unicron.

Credit(s): Hasbro
Re: Haslab Transformers Unicron Project Hits Over 5,000 Backers In Final Four Days of Crowdfunding (2036099)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 27th, 2019 @ 11:09pm CDT
Triggerdick Megatron wrote:
Crosscheck wrote:Why does Hasbro insist on making Unicron that sickly yellow orange when he has ALWAYS been a very saturated orange?

The final product might be a little different as this is a prototype, have hope!
It's already been confirmed that these colors are as close to resembling the finalized deco as possible.
Re: Haslab Transformers Unicron Project Hits Over 5,000 Backers In Final Four Days of Crowdfunding (2036100)
Posted by Stargrave on August 27th, 2019 @ 11:55pm CDT
With the Haslab Transformers War for Cybertron Unicron crowdfunding in its final four days Seibertron is serving up a few tasty appetizers to whet the appetites of all you Angolmois fueled disciples of Unicron out there. We've updated our Haslab Transformers Unicron prototype display image gallery from the San Diego Comic Con last month. These images are familiar but we've cropped some of them and want to make sure you're able to see this mammoth monstrosity from every possible angle.

Click HERE or on any of the images below to head to the updated Unicron SDCC2019 gallery.

We're also giving you our interview with the Transformers Brand Team Hasbro's Senior Design Manager John Warden and Hasbro's Marketing Director Ben Montano. Our very own head Seibertronian Ryan Yzquierdo was on the scene to interview the two gentlemen in front of the Unicron prototype itself. But they don't just talk about Unicron, they also discuss the Studio Series and the recent G1 reissues. Here's some highlights from the interview.

- They go over the challenges of converting a sphere like a puzzle into the familiar devourer of worlds, and some of the logistics of the Haslab crowdfunding project.
- They also touch on the prioritization of features focusing on articulation such as in the fingers and eyes in place of electronic light up or sound features.
- They also touch on the vintage G1 reissues such as the Dino cassettes and The Sonic Iconic, everyone's favorite who raves it, Soundwave!
- They remind us that Blaster and Astrotrain are still coming down the tracks so keep your optics focused on those WalMarts Seibertronians.
- John states very seriously about listing Unicron in an official size class, name yet to be determined.
- The Studio Series is also discussed, or the lack thereof. They say they fully intend to continue with the line and wanted to debut some of their newer products but didn't want the SDCC2019 to be too busy given all the other Siege reveals let alone Unicron. They do mention wanting to wait to show the finalized Studio Series Devastator once all the individual toys are finalized and revealed. They talk about how the gestalt mode is not just tall, but deep and extremely bulky. Very much a monster! A very different type of combiner than we've seen before.

Check out the video for the full interview. It's always a pleasure to hear people who are so passionate about the brand guiding its current vision.

And if you're ready to take the next step and back this project, don't forget to click this link to head to Haslab and place your order for Unicron!

Make sure to stay tuned to Seibertron for the ultimate in Unicron news!
Re: Haslab Transformers Unicron Project Hits Over 5,000 Backers In Final Four Days of Crowdfunding (2036104)
Posted by Dr. Caelus on August 28th, 2019 @ 12:49am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Triggerdick Megatron wrote:

You know, if you think about it, Unicron might be yellow. In most of the scenes in which he appears in the movie, he himself is the dominant source of illumination, and that illumination is sparing. He looks dark orange in those scenes, but the lighting conditions are very dim. This toys colors would probably look amazing in a dimly lit room with sinister red accent lights pointed at it. At the very least NOT being under fluorescent lights or white LEDs would help.
Re: Haslab Transformers Unicron Project Hits Over 5,000 Backers In Final Four Days of Crowdfunding (2036105)
Posted by Burn on August 28th, 2019 @ 1:33am CDT
Dr. Caelus wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Triggerdick Megatron wrote:

And now I'm going to be compelled to build a custom case with specialised lighting for him.

Good thing I'll have 18 months to do this seeing as I can barely cut straight. :lol:
Re: Haslab Transformers Unicron Project Hits Over 5,000 Backers In Final Four Days of Crowdfunding (2036106)
Posted by Stargrave on August 28th, 2019 @ 1:47am CDT
Burn wrote:
Dr. Caelus wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Triggerdick Megatron wrote:

Are you in Burn?? Did I miss that??
Re: Haslab Transformers Unicron Project Hits Over 5,000 Backers In Final Four Days of Crowdfunding (2036107)
Posted by Regimus Prime on August 28th, 2019 @ 2:51am CDT
We’re getting closer. I have faith. I’ve been watching the counter every day with eager anticipation. I haven’t been this anxious about a toy since I was 9 years old leading up to Christmas of ‘85 when I knew I was getting my very first Transformer Smokescreen. This thing is even more epic in person. :BOT:
Re: Haslab Transformers Unicron Project Hits Over 5,000 Backers In Final Four Days of Crowdfunding (2036108)
Posted by Burn on August 28th, 2019 @ 5:50am CDT
Stargrave wrote:Are you in Burn?? Did I miss that??

Strewth lad, what bloody rock have you been hiding under?

$100 deposit, then nothing to pay for 18 months? Be a bloody drongo to pass on that one.
Re: Haslab Transformers Unicron Project Hits Over 5,000 Backers In Final Four Days of Crowdfunding (2036109)
Posted by blackeyedprime on August 28th, 2019 @ 6:12am CDT

Might just be me convincing myself not to want it :) but I've gone from wanting to order it, raising the money to order it, to trying to find a way to order it, giving up and wanting to pick it up if/when it's released to I'm not liking it enough for the money and will probably be just as happy with a robot heroes Unicron to stand on Primus.
Re: Haslab Transformers Unicron Project Hits Over 5,000 Backers In Final Four Days of Crowdfunding (2036111)
Posted by Crosscheck on August 28th, 2019 @ 7:03am CDT
blackeyedprime wrote:The new cropped angles hide the fly paper look but makes the way his wings protrude from his shoulders (rather than armada versions back) is a bit of an eye sore too. If the spike strips can be removed like armadas planet plates it will look a lot better, the more I see of it, the less I'm liking it.

G1 Unicron's wings came out of his shoulders. So this is more cartoon accurate than the Armada and Generations toys.
Re: Haslab Transformers Unicron Project Hits Over 5,000 Backers In Final Four Days of Crowdfunding (2036113)
Posted by ScottyP on August 28th, 2019 @ 8:53am CDT
Re: Haslab Transformers Unicron Project Hits Over 5,000 Backers In Final Four Days of Crowdfunding (2036114)
Posted by Stargrave on August 28th, 2019 @ 9:10am CDT
Burn wrote:
Stargrave wrote:Are you in Burn?? Did I miss that??

Strewth lad, what bloody rock have you been hiding under?

The best bloody rock where all the best bloody parties are at ya bloke :lol:

Yes! I’m stoked for you dude. :APPLAUSE:

You know me I’m a goofy bogan up in here I can barely keep track of my own tail feathers.
Re: Haslab Transformers Unicron Project Hits Over 5,000 Backers In Final Four Days of Crowdfunding (2036116)
Posted by megatronus on August 28th, 2019 @ 9:47am CDT
ScottyP wrote:Mini-Dinobots with a butt damaging action feature would send this over the top. Just sayin'

Me Grimlock kick butt!
Re: Haslab Transformers Unicron Project Hits Over 5,000 Backers In Final Four Days of Crowdfunding (2036125)
Posted by Dr. Caelus on August 28th, 2019 @ 10:40am CDT
Re: Haslab Transformers Unicron Project Hits Over 5,000 Backers In Final Four Days of Crowdfunding (2036126)
Posted by YRQRM0 on August 28th, 2019 @ 10:45am CDT
megatronus wrote:

Me Grimlock kick butt!

He doesn't have a butt, it's covered by the giant backpack :(
Re: Haslab Transformers Unicron Project Hits Over 5,000 Backers In Final Four Days of Crowdfunding (2036127)
Posted by ZeroWolf on August 28th, 2019 @ 10:56am CDT
YRQRM0 wrote:
megatronus wrote:

Me Grimlock kick butt!

He doesn't have a butt, it's covered by the giant backpack :(

A back pack that is needed for the perfect sphere alt mode to the G1 accurate bot mode. It's been explained on this thread a lot now why it's needed.
Re: Haslab Transformers Unicron Project Hits Over 5,000 Backers In Final Four Days of Crowdfunding (2036128)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 28th, 2019 @ 11:37am CDT
Dr. Caelus wrote:Ultimately, I just don't really want it. Even setting aside the unemployed-with-a-newborn thing, it's just the notion of spending $600 on a single Transformer that won't scale with any other Transformer in my collection. Even if it were the same price as Piranacon, I'd rather have Piranacon.
Then spend $150 now and save up the rest to pay it off a year-and-a-half from now. ;)
Re: Haslab Transformers Unicron Project Hits Over 5,000 Backers In Final Four Days of Crowdfunding (2036129)
Posted by Ironhidensh on August 28th, 2019 @ 11:51am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:

Sure, as long as you dont mind adding another $200 to the price tag......
Re: Haslab Transformers Unicron Project Hits Over 5,000 Backers In Final Four Days of Crowdfunding (2036130)
Posted by o.supreme on August 28th, 2019 @ 11:52am CDT
I've stated that from the time the backers fell *behind pace* that I personally thought this project will not achieve it's goal. Even though I am not personally participating, I hope I'm wrong. I'd love to see a swarm of 2-3K backers in the last couple days pull this off, but I have my doubts.

Looks like it did get a huge *bump* either from a large submission of online retailers submitting their orders, or from International orders finally being counted (whichever one wasn't, hopefully will be soon).

But I do have a couple of other thoughts. Although Hasbro isn't extending the deadline, I'm sure when the price and number of backers was discussed, they weren't using a borderline number. For example, lets say it ultimately gets 6000 backers. That would be 3.45 Million Hasbro would be walking away from (even if only a sliver of it was profit), it would still be profit. I don't think they came up with those parameters with zero margin of flexibility.

I think if it doesn't get 8K backers, it comes back again at some point, in a slightly different form. I mean the bottom line with Hasbro is profit. But how much would it suck, even for line managers like John Warden for the next 20 years to see a Unicron prototype at conventions on display that could have been, but isn't.
Re: Haslab Transformers Unicron Project Hits Over 5,000 Backers In Final Four Days of Crowdfunding (2036131)
Posted by Dr. Caelus on August 28th, 2019 @ 12:04pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:

Money doesn't work that way.

If I set aside a little money each month to buy something in 18 months for $600, I'm still spending $600 on it - the timeframe over which I'm spending that money is of logistical importance, but $600 now vs. $600 over 18 months is still $600, even if it doesn't feel that way. Hard life lesson, but still true. If Unicron is worth $600 to a person, they should definitely buy him, but if he's not, then he's not, and they shouldn't be lulled by the 'only $30 a month' framing.

Re: Haslab Transformers Unicron Project Hits Over 5,000 Backers In Final Four Days of Crowdfunding (2036132)
Posted by o.supreme on August 28th, 2019 @ 12:10pm CDT
Dr. Caelus wrote:The part that sucks is that I missed the preorder deadline for Snaptrap and Skalor yesterday, so I guess I'm not getting them, either, and I really did want them.

*wrong thread I know*, I just checked, and they are still up.......

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Titans Return Legends Class Seaspray" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #230 - The Search for Convoy
"The Search for Convoy"
Posted: Sunday, September 15th, 2019

Buy "Hasbro Transformers Cyberverse 1 Step Changer Decepticon Soundwave in stock" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS MEGATRON Dark Of The Moon DOTM Cyberverse Commander Class Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Cyberverse Legion Arcee 100% Complete RID Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Cyberverse Commander Bulkhead 100% Complete RID Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dark of the Moon Cyberverse Commander Guzzle Complete DotM Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Wheeljack 100% Complete Hasbro 2010" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Cyberverse Legion Evac 100% Complete RID Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "New TRANSFORMERS PRIME Cyberverse SOUNDWAVE with Sonic Saw SOUND-WAVE" on EBAY