Friday, October 8th, 2021 1:54pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 31,411

Look at that image below, it includes everything you are now sure to get with your preorder of Victory Saber. With almost 18k backers, we have reached both tier 1 and tier 2, securing some extras. Only tier 3 left at 20 000 and only 2 days left.

Here is what Hasbro posted on Facebook:

Onward to Victory! Thank You Fans!!! We have reached the 17,000 backer total and the Tier 2, #Transformers Victory Autobot Display Stand is now included with your HasLab Victory Saber. Now you too can display your Victory Leo in alt mode with all Tier 1 and 2 accessories seen here. There’s still time to get to 20,000 backers and unlock the V-Shield, Micromaster Holi, and Micromaster Fire!
Parents, pre-order and back the Transformers Victory Saber HasLab Project for $179.99. This crowdfund project will run until October 10th, 2021.

By the way, who are those ridiculously lucky kids who have parents preordering Victory Saber for them?

Transformers News: HasLab Transformers Victory Saber is now over 17K and Stand tier has been Reached

Re: HasLab Transformers Victory Saber is now over 17K and Stand Tier has been Reached (2118041)
Posted by william-james88 on October 8th, 2021 @ 2:02pm CDT
Epsilon Delta wrote:I'm just thinking, if it was a Bumblebee or an Optimus Prime under $50, I could understand marketing to the parents. The fact that it's around $200 (after taxes) of an unrecognizable character (to a parent that would be "shoppinging off the ads" to find a gift for their child), it just really doesn't make sense. I would be very interested to know how many parents with no affinity for Transformers backed this because they were looking for a gift for their kid that likes Transformers. I need stats Hasbro

What makes no sense to me is that this toy comes out in 2022 and we don't have a sure date.

Parents do make big purchases for their kids, but it's usually for special events and it's of things they know they want then. Asking parents to spend 200$ for a toy released sometime next year with no guarantee that their kid will still be into it then? Just feels like a charade to make it seem like they are still a fully family friendly company and are not dedicating themselves to just fans, for even this particular product.

Re: HasLab Transformers Victory Saber is now over 17K and Stand Tier has been Reached (2118042)
Posted by william-james88 on October 8th, 2021 @ 2:11pm CDT
King Kuuga wrote:These things always move fast at the last minute. You love to see it. I'm quite confident now we'll cross the 20k.

That would be cool. Personally, I really wanted that stand after I saw it coloured. Just looked awesome. especially since Victory Saber is such an interesting looking spaceship, having that personalized flight stand just adds to it.

I do not need it to reach 20K at all. While that shield looks good for the city mode, I won't ever really configure it that way. And I am not a big fan of the micromasters. But hey, if it gets there I aint gonna complain. It is a cool looking shield and definitely adds to the Gundam look.
Re: HasLab Transformers Victory Saber is now over 17K and Stand Tier has been Reached (2118043)
Posted by o.supreme on October 8th, 2021 @ 2:15pm CDT
Well the irony of all this is, while I am purchasing this for myself primarily...It is ultimately for me and my son to share. I know some parents will buy 2 of some things (one for them and one for their kids)...but ultimately I have to face the realization that when my son eventually grows up and moves out, he may very well take ALL of the collection with him. It's not something I'm willing to argue our cause a rift about. If he wants them all, C'est la vie. If not, then I will be just as happy. Of course I'm going to "encourage" him to keep them perhaps in my home where they would be more secure. I don't imagine him taking these to a college living environment , or any small apartment he may rent. Of course this is still 3 years away at minimum, but time flies I'm tellin ya! I wish I could afford a 2nd one, but I'm happy just being able to back one form myself.
Re: HasLab Transformers Victory Saber is now over 17K and Stand Tier has been Reached (2118044)
Posted by cruizerdave on October 8th, 2021 @ 2:18pm CDT
I bet that makes Retroblasting’s blood boil!
Re: HasLab Transformers Victory Saber is now over 17K and Stand Tier has been Reached (2118045)
Posted by Epsilon Delta on October 8th, 2021 @ 2:18pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:

Parents do make big purchases for their kids, but it's usually for special events and it,s of things they know they want then. Asking parents to spend 200$ for a toy released sometime next year with no guarantee that their kid will still be into it then? Just feels like a charade to make it seem like they are still a fully family friendly company and are not dedicating themselves to just fans, for even this particular product.

I didn't even think about it not coming out until next year. Kids' tastes are very fickle. My son is going from Transformers, to Beyblades, to Power Rangers, to Pokemon and back again. It changes weekly. You can't buy anything unless you plan on giving it to them right away because you wait too long and they might not be into it anymore.

I too want to know who the parents are throwing $200 around because they read an ad, and see if they want to adopt me. They really should word it "Parents, collectors, enthusiasts..." Are they just trying to fool... I'm not sure... Themselves?
Re: HasLab Transformers Victory Saber is now over 17K and Stand Tier has been Reached (2118046)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 8th, 2021 @ 2:19pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:Unless Hasbro is talking to parents of 30 year olds who still live with them in the basement.
Not cool, man.
Re: HasLab Transformers Victory Saber is now over 17K and Stand Tier has been Reached (2118048)
Posted by o.supreme on October 8th, 2021 @ 2:29pm CDT
cruizerdave wrote:I bet that makes Retroblasting’s blood boil!

Every Haslab has funded (sans cookie monster). The guy is just an unhappy, jaded collector. I admit, I walk that line myself sometimes, and I try not to be too critical, and I apologize when I do. I am all for wanting the best toys possible, for the least amount, and readily available, but unfortunatley that's just not real life all of the time. I loved the debate recently between Mike (Retroblasting), and Scott (Spectre Creative), if not for Scotts bad internet for the first 30 minuets, it would have been a much more enjoyable watch.
Re: HasLab Transformers Victory Saber is now over 17K and Stand Tier has been Reached (2118049)
Posted by Flashwave on October 8th, 2021 @ 2:42pm CDT
Epsilon Delta wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

I always assumed its a required legal disclaimer. We have kids rhat browse this site , see the postings, this is one of those "ask your parents..." Type things that Hasbro has to include
Re: HasLab Transformers Victory Saber is now over 17K and Stand Tier has been Reached (2118050)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on October 8th, 2021 @ 2:48pm CDT
Re: HasLab Transformers Victory Saber is now over 17K and Stand Tier has been Reached (2118053)
Posted by Immortal Starscream on October 8th, 2021 @ 3:05pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:Once the TT and 3P orders flood into the total, I'll be surprised if the number end at below 20k backed units.

This is, imho a matter of fact. I have no doubt in my mind that we will break that 20k mark. the question is if it will go high enough for them to churn out an extra tier, like they have with previous haslab projects.

doubt it, but its neat to dream. :-D

already planning on trying to 3d model a teeny slug figure of Jan for my resin printer though
Re: HasLab Transformers Victory Saber is now over 17K and Stand Tier has been Reached (2118054)
Posted by o.supreme on October 8th, 2021 @ 3:12pm CDT
This probably happens more often, but just kind of keeping tabs to see when it hits 18K. It did take a little dip (was at 17970, then went down to 17945). Nothing to really be of much concern about, but still you just don't expect it ;)
Re: HasLab Transformers Victory Saber is now over 17K and Stand Tier has been Reached (2118055)
Posted by william-james88 on October 8th, 2021 @ 3:40pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Not cool, man.

As a 33 year old who lives with his in laws, I took no offense. Would love it if my mom (either one) bought this for me.

cruizerdave wrote:I bet that makes Retroblasting’s blood boil!

Any chance on keying me in on what this refers to?
Re: HasLab Transformers Victory Saber is now over 17K and Stand Tier has been Reached (2118056)
Posted by Crosscheck on October 8th, 2021 @ 3:43pm CDT
I was kinda hoping for a last minute 23K tier that had something else included, since I am thinking this is going to top out at around that level. Oh well, I am glad it is hitting the tiers. I would have been a disappointed if it didn't hit the tiers. I love rescue-themed Transformers and adding more Micromasters is pretty awesome. The shield isn't that important to me, since I actually want to put the V-Lock Cannon in the spot it takes on the ship mode (I love symmetry).
Re: HasLab Transformers Victory Saber is now over 17K and Stand Tier has been Reached (2118063)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 8th, 2021 @ 5:25pm CDT
We're past the 18,000 mark.
Re: HasLab Transformers Victory Saber is now over 17K and Stand Tier has been Reached (2118064)
Posted by o.supreme on October 8th, 2021 @ 5:30pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
cruizerdave wrote:I bet that makes Retroblasting’s blood boil!

Any chance on keying me in on what this refers to?

Retroblasting is a channel for a Toy Collector/Reviewer on YouTube named Michael French. I haven't watched too much of his content, but from what I've seen, he is a very bitter and jaded toy collector. He has vilified Hasbro on several occasions, and has made his opinion quite well known about his disdain for the whole Haslab crowdfunding process (he believes all these big ticket items should be sold at retail).

This debate is actually a good watch, you can skip the first 30 mins though as Scott Neitlich was having internet issues the whole time. It raised a lot of good questions, unfortunately with very few answers though.

Re: HasLab Transformers Victory Saber is now over 17K and Stand Tier has been Reached (2118066)
Posted by threeonetwo on October 8th, 2021 @ 5:40pm CDT
I bet that these are already made, they're just wasting time to see how much $$$ they can get out of it. Though i do want it too :D
Re: HasLab Transformers Victory Saber is now over 17K and Stand Tier has been Reached (2118080)
Posted by Emerje on October 8th, 2021 @ 9:44pm CDT

Emerje
Re: HasLab Transformers Victory Saber is now over 17K and Stand Tier has been Reached (2118082)
Posted by sol magnus on October 8th, 2021 @ 9:49pm CDT
Emerje wrote:So I ended up ordering a second one, number 18,221, and shortly after it was already up to 18,264. It's going to be an interesting weekend. I just hope that at some point they don't pull a Unicron and change the number "20,000+".

Emerje

They didn't do it for Galactus...I think we're good.
Re: HasLab Transformers Victory Saber is now over 17K and Stand Tier has been Reached (2118092)
Posted by CyclonusG1 on October 9th, 2021 @ 2:42am CDT
Flashwave wrote:
Epsilon Delta wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

I had this same discussion with a guy on Facebook and there are apparently parents who do buy these Haslab projects for their children. Supposedly, this one guy backed Unicron for his preteen daughter which I honestly don't know if he's serious and just using it for bragging or just full of it. Either way, I find it hard to believe anyone would be buying something like that for their child. Even more so here with Star Saber being so obscure that there's a contingency of adult fans who have grown up with Transformers since the 80s who have no idea who Star Saber is. I personally think that Hasbro needs to just accept that a lot of their products, especially these and any store exclusives, are more than likely being brought by adults for themselves than for kids. At the very least change their wording to "parents and collectors pre-order here" or something.
Re: HasLab Transformers Victory Saber is now over 17K and Stand Tier has been Reached (2118098)
Posted by MeGrimlock78 on October 9th, 2021 @ 8:27am CDT
CyclonusG1 wrote:Even more so here with Star Saber being so obscure that there's a contingency of adult fans who have grown up with Transformers since the 80s who have no idea who Star Saber is.

Hey, that's me!

And yet I still backed this...he just looks awesome. Plus the accessibility is a big factor. If it's easy for me to get an exclusive kinda thing, I just want it, because I know I can get it fairly easily where other people may not be able to.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Superion Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #286 - They Might Be Giants
"They Might Be Giants"
Posted: Friday, October 8th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Arms Micron Airachnid complete Takara Prime AM-18 Arachnid Ida" on EBAY
Buy "Used IRONHIDE  TRANSFORMERS ARMS MICRON PRIME AM-20 / TAKARA" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2011 Generations Fall of Cybertron Shockwave New In Box!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron FOC Bruticus!" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro 2007 Comic Con Transformers Titanium Menasor MISB" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS BOTBOTS BROTATO, Greaser Gang 2019" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS BOTBOTS STINKOSAURUS REX, Blind Bag Mystery Toilet Troop 2018" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers 2009 Sdcc Soundwave Action Figure" on EBAY