Haslab Victory Saber will Soon be Available to Back in Japan

Haslab Victory Saber will Soon be Available to Back in Japan

Monday, September 27th, 2021 11:29am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 19,902

It was odd that Takara had been silent on Star Saber and Victory Leo being offered in Japan since that was the audience that grew up with these characters and would have the most nostalgia for it. But they finally tweeted out that it would be coming and details will be posted soon. There are less than 2 weeks left so not much time for Japan. However preorder windows for TTMall exclusives have been narrow in the past as well and this will be offered through TTMall.

Here was the tweet:

Information will be lifted soon! / Hasbro crowdfunding products. Victory Saver Hasbro's second Transformers crowdfunding product, "Victory Saver," will be announced at TAKARATOMY MALL in the near future.

Transformers News: Haslab Victory Saber will be Available to Back in Japan

Transformers News: Haslab Victory Saber will be Available to Back in Japan

Re: Haslab Victory Saber will Soon be Available to Back in Japan (2116845)
Posted by King Kuuga on September 27th, 2021 @ 11:55am CDT
william-james88 wrote:FYI, the stand we are seeing is the final version, it will not be painted.

Posts that did not age well.
Re: Haslab Victory Saber will Soon be Available to Back in Japan (2116846)
Posted by o.supreme on September 27th, 2021 @ 12:04pm CDT
I've heard some fans on other sites say that fans in Japan don't need a lot of time to make a decision on whether to back this or not. I'm not in total agreement. I mean sure there are cultural differences among everyone around the world, but when it comes to spending what is the equivalent of about $200 USD on a toy (and for most countries the price is higher), I'm sure it's not something everyone can just make a snap decision on. We may decide we want or don't want it relatively soon, but the reality of being able to do so may take time.

I still reference back to Legends Grand Max. That was also a short window, just 2 weeks, and ONLY through TT Mall. They got 2000+ backers (we don't know the final number), but it was less than 3000 to include the stretch goal. If the window to order it had been longer, it might have reached that amount.

I mean I'm not going to complain. 2 weeks is better than them not having an opportunity at all, and I'm sure it will fund now. As for stretch goals, I'm not fully convinced, but we shall see, I hope I am wrong.
Re: Haslab Victory Saber will Soon be Available to Back in Japan (2116855)
Posted by william-james88 on September 27th, 2021 @ 12:41pm CDT
King Kuuga wrote:

Posts that did not age well.

and that's a good thing.
Turns out I misinterpreted what Hasbro said. They said a clear stand. I guess it indeed still is.
Re: Haslab Victory Saber will Soon be Available to Back in Japan (2116859)
Posted by william-james88 on September 27th, 2021 @ 12:50pm CDT
o.supreme wrote: just 2 weeks, and ONLY through TT Mall. They got 2000+ backers (we don't know the final number), but it was less than 3000 to include the stretch goal. If the window to order it had been longer, it might have reached that amount.

Don't know, but yeah Takara does like to do short order windows. I forget what the windows for other TTMal exclusives were but I remember them being short too. I think that's what online people mean when they say Japanese people don't need long preorder windows. It's more them commenting on the norm there rather than how a Japanese fan lives their life.
Re: Haslab Victory Saber will Soon be Available to Back in Japan (2116860)
Posted by Immortal Starscream on September 27th, 2021 @ 12:52pm CDT
Re: Haslab Victory Saber will Soon be Available to Back in Japan (2116878)
Posted by Emerje on September 27th, 2021 @ 2:12pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:

In Japan payday is the 25th of every month everywhere, the majority aren't paid weekly or biweekly like we are in the west. This is why big ticket items like Masterpiece figures tend to be released towards the end of the month there. This is also when people are more likely to make impulse purchases so it makes some sense that they would give a short window to give them less time to think about it. When Unicron was up for order they didn't allow cancellations and I'm guessing the same will be true this time, too.

Emerje
Re: Haslab Victory Saber will Soon be Available to Back in Japan (2116879)
Posted by o.supreme on September 27th, 2021 @ 2:21pm CDT
Re: Haslab Victory Saber will Soon be Available to Back in Japan (2116888)
Posted by ScottyP on September 27th, 2021 @ 3:14pm CDT
Immortal Starscream wrote:huh... I had assumed that this was already up for backing in Japan. Guess that's what I get for thinking Hopefully this means that we will see a big jump in the backing numbers, and that we will get all three tiers. :DANCE:
I think at bare minimum this seals the deal on 11,000. Not that I had much doubt on that part, but still a good feeling!
Re: Haslab Victory Saber will Soon be Available to Back in Japan (2116895)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on September 27th, 2021 @ 3:59pm CDT

Why? :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Haslab Victory Saber will Soon be Available to Back in Japan (2116896)
Posted by Emerje on September 27th, 2021 @ 4:16pm CDT
o.supreme wrote:That is interesting. Thanks for sharing. I would have thought that in a country where there are untold numbers of private and public companies, (same as in many other places) that paydates would be all over the place, as in the west. Man, I bet shopping is a pain around those times, well it kind of is here also (1st of the month), but if you plan ahead, you can avoid the crowds. Of course we've been having our groceries delivered, or been doing pickup, but obviously not everyone can do that.

Anime would have me believe that asking for a cash advance from your employer when funds get tight isn't entirely unheard of. In fact when doublechecking my understanding of this I found that they take a month to calculate wages and wages from the 25th to the end of the month are calculated as a cash advance that gets corrected on the next payday if needed.

-Kanrabat- wrote:Takara tweet SILHOUETTES instead of the full color renders that are available on Pulse for days.

Why? :BANG_HEAD:

Same Takara that regularly shows gray model prototypes at live events (while Hasbro rarely shows anything that isn't at least hand painted). It's like they and Hasbro switched places for this.

Emerje
Re: Haslab Victory Saber will Soon be Available to Back in Japan (2116909)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on September 27th, 2021 @ 6:25pm CDT
With this long overdue news, I fully expect my original backer count of 20,000 to be met
Re: Haslab Victory Saber will Soon be Available to Back in Japan (2116912)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on September 27th, 2021 @ 6:38pm CDT

With that said I'm contemplating going in on a second one to flip, but with the issues with the Sentinel I expect aftermarket demand to drop on it which makes me concerned about Victory Saber. If that set has some flaw in the design that makes it virtually unusable, I may not be able to flip the extra one even at a loss.
It would be nice if the Razor Crest was released before the backing window on Victory Saber closes so I can see how that does on the aftermarket.
Re: Haslab Victory Saber will Soon be Available to Back in Japan (2116919)
Posted by Emerje on September 27th, 2021 @ 10:26pm CDT
Finally live on Takara Tomy Mall. https://takaratomymall.jp/shop/g/g82022 ... mm210928tf

Emerje
Re: Haslab Victory Saber will Soon be Available to Back in Japan (2116921)
Posted by o.supreme on September 27th, 2021 @ 10:39pm CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:Let's not forget that after a great first week or so of sales, MP Star Saber ended up being one of the worst-selling Masterpiece figures. There might not be THAT much demand for an ultra-exclusive version of Victory Saber.

I just did a search of *sold* listing for Haslab Sentinel (not what people are asking, but what it is actually selling for), and it is STILL a minimum of 2X the Haslab initial price, defects and all, that is crazy to think, but it's happening.

Razorcrest was initially supposed to be shipped before the end of the year, but now it's early 2022. Perhaps the online complaints are causing Hasbro to really make sure there are no issues with the next item that was already backed, and is shipping to customers who backed it.

Also, as Big and Expensive as Unicron was, when it comes to Haslab generral discussion online, he seems to be brought up the least. Correct me if I'm wrong, but while most of Haslabs get a big last minute surge, it seems to be that Unicron limped to the finish, thanks only to an extended backing time.
Re: Haslab Victory Saber will Soon be Available to Back in Japan (2116925)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on September 28th, 2021 @ 4:07am CDT
o.supreme wrote:

What worked against Unicron was it's price. Not everyone can or a willing to back a 600 mother effing YOUESSES DOLLARS toy.

That Saber at 160$? Much, MUCH more manageable.
Re: Haslab Victory Saber will Soon be Available to Back in Japan (2116939)
Posted by Mindmaster on September 28th, 2021 @ 8:58am CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:
o.supreme wrote:

That Saber at 160$? Much, MUCH more manageable.

100% why I didn’t get Unicron. My military pay barely covers my collecting as is, no way I could’ve dropped $600 on a guy almost half my size. :BANG_HEAD:

I’m hopeful for Victory Saber with the opening of orders in Japan, I hope it at least makes it to the first tier. Also I read on Twitter that a secret fourth tier is in the works and will include two more full-sized figures. All speculation of course, but if true and is the right characters, I’m sure that’ll make it surge up as well.
Re: Haslab Victory Saber will Soon be Available to Back in Japan (2116944)
Posted by sol magnus on September 28th, 2021 @ 9:13am CDT
Mindmaster wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
o.supreme wrote:

That Saber at 160$? Much, MUCH more manageable.

I didn't back him, either. As insane as it sounds, though - I should have gotten two because I could have sold the second one for enough to cover the first one plus the money for Star Saber.
Re: Haslab Victory Saber will Soon be Available to Back in Japan (2116946)
Posted by o.supreme on September 28th, 2021 @ 9:30am CDT

I mean I'm happy about VS, and I've proudly backed it. I just think some fans are overestimating how much support it will get. I don't expect all the tiers to be met, I'll be shocked even if tier 1 gets met. I hope I'm wrong, but 20K backers seems like a LOT at this point. I just think next to the juggernauts (no pun intended) of Star wars and Marvel, we as Transformers fans kind of forget how small we are in comparison.

Just as an example, there was an interesting debate on the toy industry as a whole this past Sunday between 2 very different YouTube personalities.

The first 30 minutes or so is skipable because one of the debaters had bad internet. But many of the problems of production, distribution etc. were discussed. No answers unfortunately, but it was an interesting watch nonetheless. Haslab was mentioned MANY times however, but I don't know if Transformers as a brand was ever even mentioned Compared to DC, Marvel, and Star Wars. (Also MOTU was mentioned as lot, but mostly because one of the debaters used to work for Mattel)
Re: Haslab Victory Saber will Soon be Available to Back in Japan (2116947)
Posted by sol magnus on September 28th, 2021 @ 9:34am CDT
o.supreme wrote:Seems like a several of us here didn't get Unicron, including myself, for similar reasons. But Galactus was what? Almost $500? Yet it blew through all 4 of its tiers towards the end, and 10K plus over that.

I backed Galactus so I can sell it for a Unicron. How's that for asynchronous thinking?
Re: Haslab Victory Saber will Soon be Available to Back in Japan (2116948)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on September 28th, 2021 @ 9:38am CDT
Maybe Marvel is just more popular than Transformers. Plus Unicron is gigantic and wide. Right now he's sitting on my floor because I have no real place to put him. Galactus is much more economical space-wise. He doesn't have wings or a ring or a huge stand.

If Saber's tiers don't get met I hope a 3rd party will produce them.

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Smokescreen" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Arcee Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #286 - They Might Be Giants
"They Might Be Giants"
Posted: Friday, October 8th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Arms Micron Airachnid complete Takara Prime AM-18 Arachnid Ida" on EBAY
Buy "Used IRONHIDE  TRANSFORMERS ARMS MICRON PRIME AM-20 / TAKARA" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2011 Generations Fall of Cybertron Shockwave New In Box!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron FOC Bruticus!" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro 2007 Comic Con Transformers Titanium Menasor MISB" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS BOTBOTS BROTATO, Greaser Gang 2019" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS BOTBOTS STINKOSAURUS REX, Blind Bag Mystery Toilet Troop 2018" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers 2009 Sdcc Soundwave Action Figure" on EBAY