HD Images of Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-6 Ironhide

Thursday, January 11th, 2018 3:01AM CST

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News, Event News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 23,036

Also thanks to Hobbymizer administrator Stanley Cheung, we have some equally nice, clean, high-definition shots of the latest reveal from the Hasbro - Takara Tomy collaboration on the Transformers Movie Masterpiece live, with MPM-6 Ironhide - which you can check out below!

The shots were taken at the private press event during the Hong Kong Toys and Games Fair 2018, as first reported here, and include the figure in robot and vehicle mode, plus comparisons with the Bumblebee Movie Masterpiece toy, and close-ups from a number of angles in both robot and vehicle modes. You can compare the photos below with the official images we received from Hasbro here!

Credit(s): Stanley Cheung, Hobbymizer
Re: HD Images of Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-6 Ironhide (1930941)
Posted by Black Hat on January 11th, 2018 @ 6:12am CST
The more I see of him, the more I like him. He's not perfect but he looks good, and the fact he's essentially Voyager sized is nice too.
Re: HD Images of Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-6 Ironhide (1931052)
Posted by Quantum Surge on January 11th, 2018 @ 6:19pm CST
KVO Prime wrote:Michael Bay and his bayverse toys get no more money from me... [-(

And why are you here?
Re: HD Images of Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-6 Ironhide (1931058)
Posted by Ultra Markus on January 11th, 2018 @ 7:47pm CST
DeathReviews wrote:No matter how many times I look at that 'face' on Ironhide (or Ratchet, or many of the others), I'm never sure exactly what it is I'm supposed to be seeing. It's like Ironhide has the power to make every photo of his face go out of focus on purpose. I've never been a big fan of the bayverse look, especially with the toys. For all the detail and complexity, they still somehow convey the impression that the designers gave up half way through the design process.

to me he looks like a robot pig wearing a helmet winking
Re: HD Images of Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-6 Ironhide (1931060)
Posted by Quantum Surge on January 11th, 2018 @ 8:05pm CST

If you remove the last three sentences, I would have mistaken you for talking about...whatever these are supposed to be.

Re: HD Images of Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-6 Ironhide (1931079)
Posted by President-prime on January 12th, 2018 @ 12:27am CST
Re: HD Images of Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-6 Ironhide (1931080)
Posted by President-prime on January 12th, 2018 @ 12:30am CST
@quantum surge. It’s called a transformer (from the 80s). And it was retailed for about $8.00, not like mom at minimum st $100.
Re: HD Images of Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-6 Ironhide (1931082)
Posted by PrymeStriker on January 12th, 2018 @ 12:38am CST
President-prime wrote:Seriously, you would not think twice about this figure if you have the leader class one. Leader ironhide makes this mpm ironhide, looks like a waste of money. I️ prob won’t even buy it fir a voyager price. Sheeshhh. Get this garbage out of here. Stop calling it a masterpiece.

But DOTM Leader Class Ironhide looks like absolute trash.
Re: HD Images of Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-6 Ironhide (1931084)
Posted by Quantum Surge on January 12th, 2018 @ 12:48am CST
PrymeStriker wrote:

But DOTM Leader Class Ironhide looks like absolute trash.

I find DOTM Leader Ironhide frustrating, and I looked forward to him the most at the time. The weapons are too puny, the hip's ratchet joints aren't like other ratchet joints on Leader figures, the feet make it hard to stand on, and most copies have a joint at the neck; it's glued in place.
Re: HD Images of Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-6 Ironhide (1931090)
Posted by Barricade.it on January 12th, 2018 @ 2:49am CST
I've the Leader Class Ironhide from RTF: the ultimate Ironhide in my opinion.

I hate the cannons to stay clearly visible on the arms, specially in the alt mode: the leader class ROTF could retract them in the forearms and eject even in the alt mode.

ROTF toy line was the best ever for Movie series... maybe too difficult for kids to convert but they were all masterpieces.
Re: HD Images of Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-6 Ironhide (1931137)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on January 12th, 2018 @ 10:02am CST
My sister owns the DotM Leader Ironhide, and I've messed around with it some, and I can agree that while the mold is good, this looks better. The colors are off on the leader, I don' really like how the arms work with them being so big and the cannons flipping out, and the legs are difficult in bot mode. He's good, but he needed to be smaller. And I am satisfied with how this guy is going to turn out
Re: HD Images of Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-6 Ironhide (1931152)
Posted by President-prime on January 12th, 2018 @ 10:40am CST
Re: HD Images of Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-6 Ironhide (1931203)
Posted by PrymeStriker on January 12th, 2018 @ 12:50pm CST
President-prime wrote:@Prymstriker. Leader dotm looks awesome. Personally, I️ think that’s one of the best looking toy in the series. Looks badass. Sorry I️ like my toys bulky and intimidating.

Yeah, no. His colors are way off, too much ugly factory blue, the weapons are small and look like they were molded in Minecraft, he's far too long proportionally making him look way thinner than his onscreen counterpart...basically everything everyone else complained about above. This looks far more screen accurate, it's not even comparable.
Re: HD Images of Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-6 Ironhide (1931215)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on January 12th, 2018 @ 1:17pm CST
Here's a comparison with the MPM and the DOTM leader next to the CGI model. I think this Ironhide MPM looks freaking incredible, can't wait to get it.

Ironhide.jpg
Re: HD Images of Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-6 Ironhide (1931222)
Posted by President-prime on January 12th, 2018 @ 2:14pm CST
You can spend $100 on the thing. I’m cool. I️ like my toys leader class.
Re: HD Images of Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-6 Ironhide (1931235)
Posted by PrymeStriker on January 12th, 2018 @ 3:46pm CST
President-prime wrote:You can spend $100 on the thing. I’m cool. I️ like my toys leader class.

Nah, I'm not gonna dump $100 on a design I'm not even that crazy about. I'm just saying this is screen accurate and DOTM Leader Ironhide is a miserable piece of work.
Re: HD Images of Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-6 Ironhide (1931238)
Posted by President-prime on January 12th, 2018 @ 4:07pm CST
Re: HD Images of Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-6 Ironhide (1931266)
Posted by Michael Alex Kawa on January 12th, 2018 @ 10:45pm CST
I think he looks awesome, but yeah I also agree with the opinion that is he really not up to Masterpiece standards. But in the defense of the figure, it can't be easy making a CGI design into a plastic model that has to also transform. I do wish that the feet was hidden on vehicle mode, that would be my biggest gripe with the figure, that and the cannons...I really hope they are removable.
Re: HD Images of Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-6 Ironhide (1931392)
Posted by Prowl4 on January 13th, 2018 @ 6:26pm CST
Some of the criticisms of this masterpiece are mind boggling. The only criticism should be the height as he should be much taller compared to bumblebee. Whether hastak made a mess of the scale of Ironhide or Bee and barricade remains to be seen especially considering that mpm Prime is pretty much leader sized so bee and barricade should've been deluxe sized.

I can't understand the opinion that the leader is better. It's not. I'm a huge fan of Ironhide and although the leader is a great scale in truck and bot mode that's where the superiority stops. The arm canons are terrible that are saved by a third party company. The blue on him is inaccurate as is the mouth plate that never appeared in the movies. The leader simply has many limitations whereas this does not.

I will buy the Hasbro and takara version because I think takara will fill in some smaller paint details like his chin cylinders being black iirc.

For everyone wondering what Ironhide's head is based on it's based on a bull face wearing a cowboy hat.
Re: HD Images of Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-6 Ironhide (1931466)
Posted by Spider5800 on January 14th, 2018 @ 10:10am CST
Yeah, I don't get where this love for the leader is coming from. He's too thin, his cannons are too small, he has gimmicks that don't make any sense like that stupid faceplate, and he's out of scale with the other figures from the movie lines (WAY too tall, although he might work with something like the Human Alliance figures that are also bigger).

He looks better with the FWI-2 3rd party cannons you could get, but that doesn't fix all his other problems, or those blue legs. He shouldn't be as tall as OP and Megatron.

This looks like a much more screen-accurate release, and it's in-scale with RotF Leader OP and the MPM OP. We don't have a price-point yet, but Leader Ironhide is going for $80 used on Ebay at this point anyway (WITHOUT the 3rd part stuff), I doubt it will be THAT expensive.
Re: HD Images of Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-6 Ironhide (1932135)
Posted by william-james88 on January 17th, 2018 @ 11:16pm CST
Robot Kingdom seems to be the first site offering a preorder for Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-6 Ironhide. We do get new details from this listing including a more specific release date and a price.

The release date given is July 1st, 2018. This does fit with the Fall release given by Hasbro since Hasbro usually refers to when we would see a product on the shelves. Robot Kingdom has the toy at $109, but as the title of this article states, this clues us in more on the price point, and is not necessarily the price the toy will be on shelves in America.

This is the same price MPM Optimus Prime goes for on the same site, meaning that MPM Ironhide would probably be sold at the same $100 price Optimus Prime was at Toysrus. Unlike previous MPM releases, Ironhide has not been said to be retailer exclusive and will also be available on Hasbro Toy Shop.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Nucleon and Galvatron" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #213 - How to Say Expensive and Mean It
"How to Say Expensive and Mean It"
Posted: Sunday, December 9th, 2018

Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series - MPM-6 Ironhide Takara Tomy" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime ARCEE First 1st Edition 2 in 1 Vehicle to Robot 2011 NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Brand new and sealed Hasbro Transformers Prime First Edition Cliffjumper" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers prime first edition arcee" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise RID Autobot Sergeant Kup MOSC New Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Version Optimus Prime MISP" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dark of The Moon Cyberverse Starscream" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime First Edition Deluxe Starscream MOSC New Sealed Complete" on EBAY