HeadRobots New Releases: Hothead and Iguana

HeadRobots New Releases: Hothead and Iguana

Wednesday, February 17th, 2010 6:47pm CST

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 24,187

The third party frenzy continues with more releases from HeadRobots. We told you about the Cobra Head and it generated some buzz. HeadRobot's website has been updated with their proposed second and third release - Hothead and Iguana. Hothead looks to be aimed at the Classics/Universe Hardhead mold, while Iguana looks to be as crafty as Cobra. Check them out below.

You can find the news article over at HeadRobots here.

Stay tuned to Seibertron.com for the fastest Transformers news on the net!

Credit(s): HeadRobots

This article was last modified on Wednesday, February 17th, 2010 6:48pm CST

Re: HeadRobots New Releases: Hothead and Iguana (1048197)
Posted by Mkall on February 17th, 2010 @ 7:00pm CST
Interesting... Hardhead may be a true headmaster now.

They have my interest
Re: HeadRobots New Releases: Hothead and Iguana (1048200)
Posted by Tigertrack on February 17th, 2010 @ 7:01pm CST
Re: HeadRobots New Releases: Hothead and Iguana (1048202)
Posted by El Duque on February 17th, 2010 @ 7:03pm CST
Awesome, I may have to pick up a Universe Hardhead now.
Re: HeadRobots New Releases: Hothead and Iguana (1048204)
Posted by Counterpunch on February 17th, 2010 @ 7:08pm CST
Ok, I need that.

I need that now.
Re: HeadRobots New Releases: Hothead and Iguana (1048205)
Posted by DTR69 on February 17th, 2010 @ 7:10pm CST
Re: HeadRobots New Releases: Hothead and Iguana (1048207)
Posted by Chaoslock on February 17th, 2010 @ 7:13pm CST
Dammit, now I must buy a Hardhead!

Need a poster with Cl Magnus and this headmaster with the following line:
"Third parties - making you regret you didn't buy those lousy repaints!"

DTR69 wrote:There are some universe molds I'm just not feeling, Onslaught made no sense, and didn't look that good, the added weapons and a better scaled head, has changed my opnion about this mold. Can anything be done to improve Darkmount?

Yes, read the marvel comics.
Re: HeadRobots New Releases: Hothead and Iguana (1048208)
Posted by ShGarland_1383 on February 17th, 2010 @ 7:17pm CST
tigertracks 24 wrote:Yes, but there are some others I would rather see from the unproduced, still... I like. 8)

I like the idea of going from ideas that didn't see official production as well.

On the other hand, I like these better than the Snake Head...and I'd actually consider buying that one.

Better still, Hasbro could actually release some new headmasters or at least reissue some of the old ones instead of just recycling some of the characters (to mount that soapbox yet again for a mili-second).

El Duque wrote:Awesome, I may have to pick up a Universe Hardhead now.

I'd consider a second if I can find it again, just to remove the head of one and use Hothead as his master component.
Re: HeadRobots New Releases: Hothead and Iguana (1048209)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on February 17th, 2010 @ 7:21pm CST
Wow. I need this, too. And... meh. This is what should've been done in the first place.
Re: HeadRobots New Releases: Hothead and Iguana (1048211)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on February 17th, 2010 @ 7:27pm CST
Interesting.. Hardhead is one of my favorite HM's too.. I did not pick up the new one due to him NOT being a HM.. There is hope yet!
Re: HeadRobots New Releases: Hothead and Iguana (1048213)
Posted by Mkall on February 17th, 2010 @ 7:30pm CST
I wonder if we'll be seeing one for Mindwipe too...

I guess we'll have to see.
Re: HeadRobots New Releases: Hothead and Iguana (1048217)
Posted by Blurrz on February 17th, 2010 @ 7:34pm CST
Re: HeadRobots New Releases: Hothead and Iguana (1048218)
Posted by mechabooks on February 17th, 2010 @ 7:35pm CST
I wonder if we'll be seeing one for Mindwipe too...

Now that is something I'd love to see. I love bats!
Re: HeadRobots New Releases: Hothead and Iguana (1048223)
Posted by El Duque on February 17th, 2010 @ 7:43pm CST
Blurrz wrote:Well.. looks like I better get Hardhead before his price starts rocketing skyward..

I was just thinking the same thing. Luckily I still come across him on a regular basis around here, usually on the clearance rack.
Re: HeadRobots New Releases: Hothead and Iguana (1048225)
Posted by Poyguimogul on February 17th, 2010 @ 7:52pm CST
Iguana like the cobra is pure g1 headmaster style win..

But removing a hardheads head (which contains light up electronics).. I dunno.. I imagine it will look amazing and the combined price of add-on set + Hardhead is less then most 3rd party items..but still... /sigh I guess he does become a true headmaster with the whole lacking a permenant attached head, and as the blurry picture shows pilot can ride , if a bit generic.. After I tried to be negative about this, and now I want it..
Re: HeadRobots New Releases: Hothead and Iguana (1048227)
Posted by UltraPrimal on February 17th, 2010 @ 7:55pm CST
:shock: Must. Have. Hardhead. Headmaster. :KREMZEEK:
Re: HeadRobots New Releases: Hothead and Iguana (1048228)
Posted by DoubleOScorpio on February 17th, 2010 @ 7:57pm CST
Sweet! The whole reason that I bought Universe Hardhead was in hopes of something like this being produced. I'll definitely be ordering me a "Hothead".

The sad thing about this is that I am more excited about this than anything shown this past weekend, with the possible exception of Darkmount and Drift. I'm hoping that Botcon yields some better news...like "Generations" including some true "Classics" that haven't been redone since 2005 (deluxe class Jazz, Wheeljack, a dinobot, Shockwave, Blitzwing). But I digress!
Re: HeadRobots New Releases: Hothead and Iguana (1048232)
Posted by DevastaTTor on February 17th, 2010 @ 8:16pm CST
Let the search for Hardhead commence. I was meh on the cobra but I really like this-a lot. And on a mold I'm not that big on too.

Good job with this one guys.
Re: HeadRobots New Releases: Hothead and Iguana (1048237)
Posted by Oilspill on February 17th, 2010 @ 8:36pm CST
Bah, don't you make me go and look for a Universe Hardhead now. Damn you for being too awesome!
Re: HeadRobots New Releases: Hothead and Iguana (1048248)
Posted by Prime Evil on February 17th, 2010 @ 8:57pm CST
2010, Rise of the 3rd Party!!

I think I've been more excited about all the 3rd party news so far this year then ANY of the official Hasbro TF stuff!! I'm happy! Really really happy now.
Re: HeadRobots New Releases: Hothead and Iguana (1048255)
Posted by First Gen on February 17th, 2010 @ 9:19pm CST
ZoikS!!! Hardhead if flippin'''' SSWWWEEETTTT!!!!

Great, now I gotta get to Walmart and buy a flippin Hardhead asap.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Bumblebee Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #274 - Pulse Fan Fest 2021
"Pulse Fan Fest 2021"
Posted: Sunday, April 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers 2016 Platinum Edition Armada of Cyclonus Scourge Sweep 3 Pack" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Nemesis Prime" on EBAY
Buy "G1 Transformers Whirl 100% Complete with accessories" on EBAY
Buy "Mr Potato Head Mixable Mashable Optimus Prime Transformers - COMPLETE NO BOX" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction High Octane Bumblebee complete AOE" on EBAY
Buy "Bumblebee Roar and Rescue 100% Complete Rescan Rescue Bots Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Mr Potato Head Bumblebee Complete Mixable Mashable Heroes Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Blades the Rescue Dinobot Roar 100% Complete Mini Dinos Rescue Bots Transformers" on EBAY