Heavy Metal War turns 15 this month! Special tourney announcement!

Transformers News: Heavy Metal War turns 15 this month! Special tourney announcement!

Friday, June 8th, 2018 11:26PM CDT

Category: Heavy Metal War
Posted by: Burn   Views: 9,050

In just over 2 week’s time, the Heavy Metal War will celebrate it's fifteenth anniversary! Has it really been that long?

The Staff and Senate of HMW would like to invite all former players, from both sides, to rejoin the battle and help us celebrate everything that has happened during this game! New players, veterans, retired, everyone is welcome to return to help us celebrate this huge milestone!

How do we plan to celebrate??
With a giant, all in, old school War!
Who can kill their enemies the hardest in a specific set of missions?

But there is one smaaaall problem with that...
Autobots, old and new! Consider this a call to arms!

The Decepticons have conquered half of Cybertron, and all but the most valiant of the Autobot heroes have been driven back! The number of our planet’s defenders standing against the tyranny of Megatron's army is slowly fading...

Can the Autobots rally their old troops and take back their planet?

Every level will be involved, from Zero to Eleven. We will also be giving out rewards, not just to the winners but also to those who step back out of the shadows, to those who grew weary of the war, and to those who lost their will to fight! All this as we explore the history of our unique game, from its initial spark right up to the new generation it stands at now!

Simply drop in to HMW:General Discussion and say hello, then watch the forum for updates.

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Heavy Metal War turns 15 this month! Special tourney announcement! (1963963)
Posted by Redimus on June 9th, 2018 @ 8:06am CDT
Decepticons! Show these Autobot what war is all about!
Re: Heavy Metal War turns 15 this month! Special tourney announcement! (1963965)
Posted by Wingz on June 9th, 2018 @ 8:23am CDT
Rise up, Autobots and Maximals! It's time to push back!
Re: Heavy Metal War turns 15 this month! Special tourney announcement! (1963969)
Posted by Bun-Bun on June 9th, 2018 @ 8:44am CDT
Re: Heavy Metal War turns 15 this month! Special tourney announcement! (1964080)
Posted by TK415 on June 9th, 2018 @ 4:22pm CDT
Hi everyone,

What is Heavy Metal War? Is it a game? Is it role playing? Can I see a screen shot?

Thanks
Re: Heavy Metal War turns 15 this month! Special tourney announcement! (1964084)
Posted by Wingz on June 9th, 2018 @ 4:39pm CDT
TK415 wrote:Hi everyone,

Thanks

Hello!

It's a game featured by the site. To view the team I've made, click my banner.

It's very simple. You choose a faction ( :BOT: or :CON: ) and create a team of up to 12 character. You can edit their bios, pick their abilities, and (to a limited extent) pick what they look like. Then, you send them out on missions, up to 6 at a time. There, they may face the opposition and meet with allied characters. After the mission expires, your character will be returned to you, and you'll receive energon (currency for weapons, armor, and CR time) and experience points. These points can be used to upgrade your character's stats as they get more.

Pick carefully, though! You can only choose 1 faction, and you can only choose once. After that, that is the faction you fight for. ;)

EDIT: The game is very simple. The community brings the game to life, though! We have events and projects within the community that everyone can get involved in if they'd like to have some fun.
Re: Heavy Metal War turns 15 this month! Special tourney announcement! (1964106)
Posted by steve2275 on June 9th, 2018 @ 6:57pm CDT
its a very well worthwhile game to play
Re: Heavy Metal War turns 15 this month! Special tourney announcement! (1964125)
Posted by TK415 on June 9th, 2018 @ 10:33pm CDT
Wingz wrote:
TK415 wrote:Hi everyone,

Thanks

Hello!

It's a game featured by the site. To view the team I've made, click my banner.

So is it a text based game, and the software runs the damage and hit points and experience?
Re: Heavy Metal War turns 15 this month! Special tourney announcement! (1964132)
Posted by Phasewing on June 9th, 2018 @ 11:09pm CDT
TK415 wrote:Thanks for the response. Lots of good info there. Thanks for directing me to your banner, very interesting and cool team.

Pretty much.

The game handles the fights/damage/payout/etc. You handle the rest(stat placement, mission choices, etc).
Re: Heavy Metal War turns 15 this month! Special tourney announcement! (1964181)
Posted by TK415 on June 10th, 2018 @ 9:53am CDT
Cool, thanks man.
Re: Heavy Metal War turns 15 this month! Special tourney announcement! (1964336)
Posted by Naked Magnus on June 11th, 2018 @ 10:32am CDT
Re: Heavy Metal War turns 15 this month! Special tourney announcement! (1964339)
Posted by DISCHARGE on June 11th, 2018 @ 11:40am CDT
Naked Magnus wrote:You guys really don't want me out of retirement to dominate this game once again, do you? :lol:

Of course we do.

I guess you can consider this your personal Decepticon welcoming committee:
Re: Heavy Metal War turns 15 this month! Special tourney announcement! (1964347)
Posted by Big Grim on June 11th, 2018 @ 12:24pm CDT
Re: Heavy Metal War turns 15 this month! Special tourney announcement! (1964352)
Posted by Bun-Bun on June 11th, 2018 @ 12:48pm CDT
Big Grim wrote:Might have to rouse Pandinus Imperatrix, BigGrim and the rest of the Monstrous Regiment and rejoin the Decepticon cause!

Also...
Just yesterday I was going through old files & came across this...
Grimloch2.jpg

was that you I made this for back in the day?
Re: Heavy Metal War turns 15 this month! Special tourney announcement! (1964382)
Posted by BlastWave2 on June 11th, 2018 @ 3:47pm CDT
I want to join, but I am a new player. How do I sign up?
Re: Heavy Metal War turns 15 this month! Special tourney announcement! (1964386)
Posted by DISCHARGE on June 11th, 2018 @ 4:08pm CDT
BlastWave2 wrote:I want to join, but I am a new player. How do I sign up?

Try going here:
It should tell u to login or sign up..I think.
Remember, Decepticons for the win. :CON:
Re: Heavy Metal War turns 15 this month! Special tourney announcement! (1964387)
Posted by Bun-Bun on June 11th, 2018 @ 4:29pm CDT
Re: Heavy Metal War turns 15 this month! Special tourney announcement! (1964407)
Posted by Wingz on June 11th, 2018 @ 6:02pm CDT
Bun-Bun wrote:I agree with the sentiment Discharge but we really need Bots to fight against so please consider their side first

I'd agree with you, being on the Bot side and all, but really choose whichever side you'll enjoy playing as more. It won't stop you from getting to know the community ;) so check out the lists of alt modes on both sides, think about which side you'd rather fight for, and go!

One thing I will say, though, is that playing a Bot is like playing hard mode right now at most hours of the day :lol: You'll spend more time in CR, but I can teach you how to make some killer builds ;)^ I started this last December and have several high level characters. Your decision can't be changed later, so choose for yourself and how you want to play.

Alt lists:

Re: Heavy Metal War turns 15 this month! Special tourney announcement! (1964414)
Posted by steve2275 on June 11th, 2018 @ 6:26pm CDT

sure why not
Re: Heavy Metal War turns 15 this month! Special tourney announcement! (1964460)
Posted by DISCHARGE on June 11th, 2018 @ 11:17pm CDT

I know, but I can't help it.
I don't want to steer anyone down the wrong path just for short term pleasure
of mangling Autobots chassis.

I am willing to drop (one time each)10,000 energon on any and all who join the Decepticon cause, (yep,I'm looking at you) until the tourney starts. The only stipulation is I must encounter you in a mission.

I assume there are Autobots willing to counter.
Re: Heavy Metal War turns 15 this month! Special tourney announcement! (1964494)
Posted by Wingz on June 12th, 2018 @ 3:19am CDT
DISCHARGE wrote:I assume there are Autobots willing to counter.

I would counter you, but I do that anyway >:oP If I see you, don't recognize you, and you have no energon, I normally send at least 50K.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Fangry Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Menasor Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #215 - New Year, New Toys
"New Year, New Toys"
Posted: Sunday, January 13th, 2019

Buy "Transformers Revenge of the Fallen ROTF: Ra-24 Buster Optimus Prime Leader Class" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Transformer United EX7.6cm Road Master -Prime Mode-"" on EBAY
Buy "Optimus Prime Scout Car Roller 1985 Vintage Hasbro G1 Transformers Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Siege Voyager Optimus Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Lot Of 8 Assorted Wii Games, Transformers, Skylanders, Marvel, Sponge Bob" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Generations 2010-2011 Thrust Darkmount Cliffjumper Wheeljack 7 Lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Autobot WHEELJACK Deluxe Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "X-Transbots Hatch “Toon” Transformers Masterpiece Tailgate With Reprolabels" on EBAY