Help Artist James Raiz Draw Transformers / G.I. Joe Art for TFCon

Help Artist James Raiz Draw Transformers / G.I. Joe Art for TFCon

Wednesday, April 15th, 2015 4:28pm CDT

Categories: Site News, Comic Book News, Event News, People News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 72,359

As we promised.. Professional Dreamwave, IDW and freelance artist, our interviewee, Transformers fan, and all-round great person James Raiz has a little something up his creator sleeve, in order to prepare for his presence at TFCon Toronto! In collaboration with the fans here on Seibertron.com, Raiz will be drawing two art pieces that will make it to print, bringing together the G.I. Joe and Transformers franchises - Autobots and Joes on one, Decepticons and Cobra for the other - and to make it an even playing field, he'll be using characters from the live-action movies for both.

Where do the fans come in? You get to choose the characters, right here, right now, and follow the progress as your choice gets worked through some artist's magic into the TFCon art piece. Check out the exclusive video that Raiz sent us embedded below, and pick your choices for the first round!

Autobots:

Optimus Prime (Transformers)
Bumblebee (Transformers)
Jazz (Transformers)
Ratchet (Transformers)
Ironhide (Transformers)
Optimus Prime (Revenge of the Fallen)
Bumblebee (Revenge of the Fallen)
Mudflap (Revenge of the Fallen)
Ironhide (Revenge of the Fallen)
Ratchet (Revenge of the Fallen)
Sideswipe (Revenge of the Fallen)
Skids (Revenge of the Fallen)
Arcee (Revenge of the Fallen)
Chromia (Revenge of the Fallen)
Elita-One (Revenge of the Fallen)
Optimus Prime (Dark of the Moon)
Sentinel Prime (Dark of the Moon)
Ironhide (Dark of the Moon)
Ratchet (Dark of the Moon)
Sideswipe (Dark of the Moon)
Dino (Dark of the Moon)
Wheeljack (Dark of the Moon)
Wheelie (Dark of the Moon)
Brains (Dark of the Moon)
Roadbuster (Dark of the Moon)
Leadfoot (Dark of the Moon)
Optimus Prime (Age of Extinction)
Bumblebee (Age of Extinction)
Hound (Age of Extinction)
Drift (Age of Extinction)
Crosshairs (Age of Extinction)
Ratchet (Age of Extinction)
Brains (Age of Extinction)
Grimlock (Age of Extinction)
Scorn (Age of Extinction)
Slug (Age of Extinction)
Strafe (Age of Extinction)

Joes
Duke
Snake Eyes
Ripcord (Rise of Cobra)
Heavy Duty (Rise of Cobra)
General Hawk (Rise of Cobra)
Scarlett (Rise of Cobra)
Breaker (Rise of Cobra)
Cover Girl (Rise of Cobra)
Sgt. Stone (Rise of Cobra)
Roadblock (Retaliation)
Lady Jaye (Retaliation)
Flint (Retaliation)
Jinx (Retaliation)
Duke (Retaliation)
General Joseph Colton (Retaliation)
Mouse (Retaliation)
Grunt (Retaliation)
Clutch (Retaliation)

Credit(s): James Raiz

This article was last modified on Wednesday, April 15th, 2015 4:55pm CDT

Re: Help Artist James Raiz Draw Transformers / G.I. Joe Art for TFCon (1675716)
Posted by jamesraiz on April 15th, 2015 @ 4:45pm CDT
Hi Everyone! First off, thanks to Va'al, Ryan and the good folks at Seibertron.com for collaborating with me :)

And speaking of collaborating, it'll be a lot of fun to collaborate with you all! So please do follow me on Social Media, but please keep all your suggestions to this thread, so it would be a lot easier for us to keep tabs on it :)

This is going to be a lot of fun, and can't wait to work on this with all of you, and hopefully meet you at a convention this year - possibly TFCon if you will be going!

Thanks so much and talk to you soon!

James Raiz
Re: Help Artist James Raiz Draw Transformers / G.I. Joe Art for TFCon (1675717)
Posted by Desslok2201 on April 15th, 2015 @ 4:45pm CDT
Re: Help Artist James Raiz Draw Transformers / G.I. Joe Art for TFCon (1675724)
Posted by jamesraiz on April 15th, 2015 @ 4:57pm CDT
Desslok2201 wrote:He's an excellent artist, but by limiting the project to movie TFs, all he really has to be able to draw is one drab grey ball of steel wool and shredded metal and put eyes on it. Ironhide, my piece de resistance

Yes, but it'll be the best "Grey ball of steel wool and shredded metal with eyes" you'll ever see lol! Thanks so much for your vote, I'll do my best to make it look as awesome as possible :)

James Raiz
Re: Help Artist James Raiz Draw Transformers / G.I. Joe Art for TFCon (1675725)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on April 15th, 2015 @ 5:00pm CDT
Can't wait to see what the result of this will look like!
(Also, my vote's going to DOTM Bumblebee, but I don't see that version up there so I'll go with AOE 'Bee)
Re: Help Artist James Raiz Draw Transformers / G.I. Joe Art for TFCon (1675726)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on April 15th, 2015 @ 5:01pm CDT
Can't wait to see what the result of this will look like!
Re: Help Artist James Raiz Draw Transformers / G.I. Joe Art for TFCon (1675734)
Posted by jamesraiz on April 15th, 2015 @ 5:11pm CDT
EvasionModeBumblebee wrote:Can't wait to see what the result of this will look like!

Oh, my bad, it should be there - I'll get Va'al to update it!
Thanks, this is going to be fun!

James Raiz
Re: Help Artist James Raiz Draw Transformers / G.I. Joe Art for TFCon (1675741)
Posted by shajaki on April 15th, 2015 @ 5:36pm CDT
Sideswipe (Revenge of the Fallen)- I'm a fan of cutting cars in half.
Scarlett (Rise of Cobra)- I'm a fan of redheads.
Boom! Vote'd!

Also, it's awesome to have you here in the forums James! I've enjoyed your art since the Dreamwave days, keep at it ;)^
Re: Help Artist James Raiz Draw Transformers / G.I. Joe Art for TFCon (1675747)
Posted by Autobot Roadburn on April 15th, 2015 @ 5:58pm CDT
I'll admit I know nothing about G. I. Joe, but I'll put down a vote for Dino (Dark of the Moon), he was pretty cool. Can't wait to see it started!
Re: Help Artist James Raiz Draw Transformers / G.I. Joe Art for TFCon (1675753)
Posted by Autobot032 on April 15th, 2015 @ 6:11pm CDT
This is so cool, I can't wait to see it! Awesome! :D
Re: Help Artist James Raiz Draw Transformers / G.I. Joe Art for TFCon (1675820)
Posted by jamesraiz on April 15th, 2015 @ 8:47pm CDT
shajaki wrote:Sideswipe (Revenge of the Fallen)- I'm a fan of cutting cars in half.
Scarlett (Rise of Cobra)- I'm a fan of redheads.
Boom! Vote'd!

Thanks so much for your kind words and thanks for remembering :). It's great to be here to interact with all of you guys! Thanks again for your votes :)

James Raiz
Http://www.youtube.com/theboxofficeartist
Re: Help Artist James Raiz Draw Transformers / G.I. Joe Art for TFCon (1675821)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on April 15th, 2015 @ 8:48pm CDT
Put a mark down beside DotM Sideswipe and Rise of Cobra Scarlett.
Being a redhead myself, I am a fan of the ginger-warriors.
Sideswipe is my favorite movie Autobot and one of my favorite transformers as a whole. the DotM version was my fav since he had a stealth mode, a wing, and his new guns looked pretty sweet. Plus he's a mean roller-skater Sword-fighter like none other, so he gets my vote :BOT:
Re: Help Artist James Raiz Draw Transformers / G.I. Joe Art for TFCon (1675839)
Posted by mooncake623 on April 15th, 2015 @ 9:21pm CDT
Great to have you hear James!

Jazz (07 Movie)- My favorite Movie Transformer Autobot design
Scarlett (Rise of Cobra)- Eye candy =X
Re: Help Artist James Raiz Draw Transformers / G.I. Joe Art for TFCon (1675852)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on April 15th, 2015 @ 9:57pm CDT
Screw it, my vote goes to Sideswipe (DoTM) and Scarlett. That sounds awesome.

Mr. Raiz, it's great to have you on the boards! I'm a big fan of your work!
Re: Help Artist James Raiz Draw Transformers / G.I. Joe Art for TFCon (1675853)
Posted by mooncake623 on April 15th, 2015 @ 10:04pm CDT
wow didn't realize silver sideswipe had so many fans
Re: Help Artist James Raiz Draw Transformers / G.I. Joe Art for TFCon (1675872)
Posted by Black Bumblebee on April 15th, 2015 @ 11:21pm CDT
Well, while I'm not a big fan of movie TFs, I'll put my hat out there and say Sentinel Prime, 'cause he was one cool looking 'bot.

For the Joes... I'll go for Scarlet as long as she's drawn as a kick butt woman and not "cheesecake" if you catch my drift. Strong independent women, for the win (plus... yeah... redhead. Swoon...).
Re: Help Artist James Raiz Draw Transformers / G.I. Joe Art for TFCon (1675879)
Posted by shajaki on April 15th, 2015 @ 11:47pm CDT
mooncake623 wrote:wow didn't realize silver sideswipe had so many fans
Woulda loved him in red, but meh. The bigger injustice was his 56 seconds of ass kicking in the opening of the movie... and then essentially never seen again. *sigh*
Re: Help Artist James Raiz Draw Transformers / G.I. Joe Art for TFCon (1675881)
Posted by Convoy on April 15th, 2015 @ 11:55pm CDT
:-(
I want to see Shipwreck paired with a wrecked ship.
No vote for me.

Edit: I'm voting for the second round now so I don't forget.

Destro & Lockdown.
Re: Help Artist James Raiz Draw Transformers / G.I. Joe Art for TFCon (1675898)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on April 16th, 2015 @ 1:19am CDT
For the bots i have to go with Jazz & for the Joes its a tie between Snake Eyes & scarlet. Also just a thought, shouldnt sentinel be listed as a decepticon? He did betray the autobots & killed ironhide. Yeah he never officially said he was a con but his actions were far from that of an autobot.
Re: Help Artist James Raiz Draw Transformers / G.I. Joe Art for TFCon (1675924)
Posted by Michael Alex Kawa on April 16th, 2015 @ 3:29am CDT
I would like to say that this is so awesome :grin:
and that James is a great artist, I can't wait to see what he does with this. :D
My choices for the Autobot is -Sentinel Prime (Dark of the Moon) :BOT:
and for the Joe it is - General Joseph Colton (Retaliation) :GIJOE:
I can't wait to make a decision for the Cons and Cobra.
Re: Help Artist James Raiz Draw Transformers / G.I. Joe Art for TFCon (1675960)
Posted by crazyfists on April 16th, 2015 @ 8:29am CDT
Elita-One
Snake Eyes

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Armada Megatron Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Bumblebee Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Superion Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #287 - Pulse Con 2021
"Pulse Con 2021"
Posted: Monday, October 25th, 2021

Buy "Hasbro Transformers APEFACE War for Cybertron Siege WFC-S50 - Loose Complete" on EBAY
Buy "transformers botbots series 4 disaster master" on EBAY
Buy "New Megatron AND HotLink Transformers War Cybertron Figure Netflix Trilogy" on EBAY
Buy "????Transformers Cyberverse Battle for Cybertron-LaserBeak Blast Soundwave" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage G2 Transformers Action Figure Road Pig" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Dark Of The Moon 2019 Limited Edition RSD brown vinyl LP NEW/SEALED" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Calendar Dreamwave 2003 2005 Calendar Pat Lee Don Figueroa RARE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Bot Shots Action Figures - Powerglide - Leadfoot - Sentinel Prime" on EBAY