Henkei Gentei Strafe and Tak / Tom collector site announced!

Henkei Gentei Strafe and Tak / Tom collector site announced!

Wednesday, February 11th, 2009 11:13am CST

Categories: Toy News, Company News
Posted by: Dead Metal   Views: 45,721

Our own member DavidT has posted something interesting about a new collectors site TakaraTomy is starting which gives you the chance to own one of two new Minicons and a Universe Cyclonus repaint called Strafe.

[quote="DavidT"">
Today Takara-Tomy launched a new campaign and announced the creation of an official Transformers collector's site for Japan, which will carry exclusive items, the first of which will be Strafe, a Universe (Henkei) Cyclonus repaint.

The first stage of the campaign are new Transformers themed Pocket Cards, one for Convoy and the Cybertrons, and one for Megatron and the Destrons. For applying for either of the cards, you can receive one of two free Microns based on which card you applied for - Cybertron card applicants get Sling (Slingshot), a Classics Minicon Thunderwing repaint, while applicants for the Destron card get Vorter, a Classics Minicon Divebomb repaint. One top of this, applicants get a 500 yen Quo card and access to the new Takara-Tomy Transformers base camp store. It's from this site that Strafe can be purchased.
Henkei Gentei Strafe and Tak/Tom collector site announced!
Henkei Gentei Strafe and Tak/Tom collector site announced!
Henkei Gentei Strafe and Tak/Tom collector site announced!
Henkei Gentei Strafe and Tak/Tom collector site announced!
Henkei Gentei Strafe and Tak/Tom collector site announced!
Henkei Gentei Strafe and Tak/Tom collector site announced!
Henkei Gentei Strafe and Tak/Tom collector site announced!

You can visit the new site by clicking here.

Stay tuned to seibertron.com for all your Transformers related news!

Credit(s): DavidT

Re: Henkei Gentei Strafe and Tak / Tom collector site announced! (882543)
Posted by Oilspill on February 11th, 2009 @ 11:18am CST
I can't see Cyclonus being repainted as Strafe or anyone else with that head. It's just too iconic and characterful.

I'm not saying they won't do it, I just reckon it will be craptastic without a new head.
Re: Henkei Gentei Strafe and Tak / Tom collector site announced! (882559)
Posted by Down_Shift on February 11th, 2009 @ 11:55am CST

Phak, you know how hard it's going to be to get Stafe... Son of a Bitch...
Re: Henkei Gentei Strafe and Tak / Tom collector site announced! (882596)
Posted by DevastaTTor on February 11th, 2009 @ 12:54pm CST
Down_Shift wrote:If anyone is wondering, Gentei means exclusive if I recall. I'm pretty sure that was the same thing with the other 4 seekers and Wild Ride.

Phak, you know how hard it's going to be to get Stafe... Son of a Bitch...

It'll probably be easy, just ridiculously expensive. I know I'll want this but already fear his price tag.
Re: Henkei Gentei Strafe and Tak / Tom collector site announced! (882659)
Posted by Savage on February 11th, 2009 @ 2:17pm CST
I want to see a colored image before I commit, but I'm intrigued by Strafe. The Technobots have always been my favorite combiners, and Strafe and Lightspeed are probably my favorites of the group (likely because they were among the first handful of TFs I owned as a child). I'm sure the pricetag is gonna be outrageous, and it seems like a lot of trouble to go through to get him. I wonder if any other online retailers will get their hands on a few?
Re: Henkei Gentei Strafe and Tak / Tom collector site announced! (882665)
Posted by Mkall on February 11th, 2009 @ 2:29pm CST
Wonder how close it'll look to Shattered Glass Cyclonus?
Re: Henkei Gentei Strafe and Tak / Tom collector site announced! (882668)
Posted by DavidT on February 11th, 2009 @ 2:34pm CST
Mkall wrote:Wonder how close it'll look to Shattered Glass Cyclonus?

Where can I find a pic of Shattered Glass Cyclonus???

Re: Henkei Gentei Strafe and Tak / Tom collector site announced! (882689)
Posted by Mkall on February 11th, 2009 @ 2:51pm CST
DavidT wrote:
Mkall wrote:Wonder how close it'll look to Shattered Glass Cyclonus?

Where can I find a pic of Shattered Glass Cyclonus???

Only pic I can find at the moment

Here's a custom job: viewtopic.php?f=159&p=861232
Re: Henkei Gentei Strafe and Tak / Tom collector site announced! (882697)
Posted by Savage on February 11th, 2009 @ 3:06pm CST
Hmm... maybe it would look nice with the Shattered Glass set...
I've been thinking about Cyc-to-Strafe, and I'm beginning to think it'll look pretty good, provided they nail Strafe's paint scheme. That's what is gonna make or break this repaint.
Re: Henkei Gentei Strafe and Tak / Tom collector site announced! (882837)
Posted by Geekee1 on February 11th, 2009 @ 6:38pm CST
Mkall wrote:Wonder how close it'll look to Shattered Glass Cyclonus?

That's what I want to know! I'm dying for a Shattered Glass Cyclonus!
Re: Henkei Gentei Strafe and Tak / Tom collector site announced! (883028)
Posted by Diem on February 12th, 2009 @ 6:04am CST
I'm totally applying for the Convoy card. Don't like my odds; it's tough for white folks to get credit cards here in Japan. Wish me luck gents!
Re: Henkei Gentei Strafe and Tak / Tom collector site announced! (883160)
Posted by Firebird on February 12th, 2009 @ 12:20pm CST
Geekee1 wrote:
Mkall wrote:Wonder how close it'll look to Shattered Glass Cyclonus?

That's what I want to know! I'm dying for a Shattered Glass Cyclonus!

That makes 3 of us.

If the price isn't too unreasonable I'm gonna try and import him.
Re: Henkei Gentei Strafe and Tak / Tom collector site announced! (885100)
Posted by DavidT on February 16th, 2009 @ 4:04pm CST
New images have appeared of the Microns from the ganbo store... check them out here:

Click here to view additional comments about this topic at the Energon Pub Forums ...

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Megatron and Doomshot" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #273 - Our Way to Oblivion
"Our Way to Oblivion"
Posted: Tuesday, April 6th, 2021

Buy "Transformers lot of 3  - Generations Select - Deluxe - Ricochet - Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Heatwave The Firebot With Axe Hand Bots Figure Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Leader DOUBLEDEALER  NIB NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Bundle Rare, Medix, Blades And Blurr Morbot Job Lot" on EBAY
Buy "Ricochet with Nightstick MISB Commemorative Series IX 9 Transformers Stepper" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Chief Charlie Burns Rescue Cutter Playskool Heroes" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Cloudraker" on EBAY