Henkei Thrust And Dirge Exclusives Revealed

Henkei Thrust And Dirge Exclusives Revealed

Wednesday, November 12th, 2008 8:42pm CST

Categories: Toy News, Company News
Posted by: Tigertrack   Views: 18,650

ganbo-store.com- Thanks to kurdt_the_goat for updating us with the first images of the Henkei versions of Thrust and Dirge.

Many fans who were unable to get the original Botcon versions will surely be looking to snap these up. And with the obvious differences to the Botcon versions, there will be many collectors wanting these in their collections as well.

{L_IMAGE}

{L_IMAGE}

Credit(s): kurdt_the_goat

Re: Henkei Thrust And Dirge Exclusives Revealed (833063)
Posted by El Duque on November 12th, 2008 @ 8:45pm CST
Dirge is an improvement over the Botcon version while Thrust doesn't look as nice as his Botcon counterpart. I'll get Dirge even thought I have the GoD set, pass on Thrust.
Re: Henkei Thrust And Dirge Exclusives Revealed (833069)
Posted by Lapse Of Reason on November 12th, 2008 @ 8:50pm CST
I'm happy with my Botcon figures. These are not really an upgrade. What's up with Thrust's wings?

Dirge is the better of the two.
Re: Henkei Thrust And Dirge Exclusives Revealed (833070)
Posted by Smokescreen85 on November 12th, 2008 @ 8:51pm CST
Please tell me that Thrust's wings are mistransformed. Dirge looks good though.
Re: Henkei Thrust And Dirge Exclusives Revealed (833071)
Posted by DavidT on November 12th, 2008 @ 8:52pm CST

Well those are pretty sweet but I do like the botcon ones better. Thrust's main wings should have the fans.

Re: Henkei Thrust And Dirge Exclusives Revealed (833072)
Posted by GreenLantern of Cybertron on November 12th, 2008 @ 8:56pm CST
yeah.
I think thrust's upper wings flip up.
Re: Henkei Thrust And Dirge Exclusives Revealed (833073)
Posted by Galvatronus on November 12th, 2008 @ 8:57pm CST
Thurst is VERY disappointing. Dirge isn't that bad but the wings look odd with the decals that are on them.
Re: Henkei Thrust And Dirge Exclusives Revealed (833074)
Posted by Orion_Prime48 on November 12th, 2008 @ 8:58pm CST
*exits HMW* OMFG those wing decos are horrible they look like clown planes major pass c'mon Hasbro kick there ass and release em *re-enters HMW*
Re: Henkei Thrust And Dirge Exclusives Revealed (833076)
Posted by emeraldbeacon on November 12th, 2008 @ 9:03pm CST
With chrome arm-cannons BECAUSE THEY CAN.

I'm happy with my BotCon seekers. Pass. :)
Re: Henkei Thrust And Dirge Exclusives Revealed (833077)
Posted by UltraPrimal on November 12th, 2008 @ 9:03pm CST
LOL! Those suck! I thought Takara was supposed to stay G1 accurate. Thrust is supposed to have fans on his main wings, not underneath his back ones. Dirge doesn't look too spectacular either. Don't get me wrong, they look OK. But they look more Classics than Henkei. I'm glad I have my GoD set.
Re: Henkei Thrust And Dirge Exclusives Revealed (833085)
Posted by glazer on November 12th, 2008 @ 9:09pm CST
Re: Henkei Thrust And Dirge Exclusives Revealed (833089)
Posted by DavidT on November 12th, 2008 @ 9:17pm CST
glazer wrote:maybe the vertical take off and landing thrusters (on back tails)snap off and snap on to the top of the main wings?(explain holes on top of wings) that may make him look better - then- although if not ,still alLright in my book!!! :lol:

I hope thats true and not just for the guns to mount on. The other seekers didn't have the holes all the way through.

Re: Henkei Thrust And Dirge Exclusives Revealed (833090)
Posted by ShGarland_1383 on November 12th, 2008 @ 9:18pm CST
These are exclusives? Image Who are they exclusive to?
Re: Henkei Thrust And Dirge Exclusives Revealed (833091)
Posted by Counterpunch on November 12th, 2008 @ 9:20pm CST
The hell?
Re: Henkei Thrust And Dirge Exclusives Revealed (833093)
Posted by Amelie on November 12th, 2008 @ 9:22pm CST
My only problem with these toys is the chrome. I don't know why Takara bothered, it looks like it's been slapped on for the sheer hell and expense of it. It doesn't ruin the toy and certainly won't put me off, though. :|

I'll be getting them once I've got some pennies saved up. Although I may be temped to remove the chrome. ;)

And what is it with people these days anyway? Hasbro release the BotCon exclusive and it's an outrage because now most collectors can't get the "full set" of G1 Seekers, so Takara relase the other G1 Seekers and get slammed for "odd colours" or "weird wings".

The real outrage should really be the high chance of loose limbs, weak plastic or missing parts these days.
Re: Henkei Thrust And Dirge Exclusives Revealed (833095)
Posted by Sunstar on November 12th, 2008 @ 9:24pm CST
the vtol wings look changable... hmmmmmmmmmm.
Re: Henkei Thrust And Dirge Exclusives Revealed (833104)
Posted by Firebird on November 12th, 2008 @ 9:42pm CST
I'm glad that others will be able to buy Dirge and Thrust, But I won't be buying them. Those wings don't look that appealing.

And why does Thrust have a light gray face?
Re: Henkei Thrust And Dirge Exclusives Revealed (833109)
Posted by HighPrime on November 12th, 2008 @ 9:56pm CST
Wow... :-B These are ugly.. still buying them, but I'm not happy :-x

:P
Re: Henkei Thrust And Dirge Exclusives Revealed (833110)
Posted by Nemesis_Apoc on November 12th, 2008 @ 10:04pm CST
I've got the Botcon versions. I hate everything now.
Re: Henkei Thrust And Dirge Exclusives Revealed (833112)
Posted by Koloth on November 12th, 2008 @ 10:12pm CST
Well there you go. Now everyone complaining that this was some how infringing on their Botcon figures exclusivity and collectablity can stop worrieing. As I said before, these are clearly different enough from the Botcon set so as not to be mistaken.

Though the Botcon Dirge might lose some value since the Henkei design is closer to the original. But we shall see. Some how I think the rarity of the botcon figures will still demand a higher price point simply because of what they are.
Re: Henkei Thrust And Dirge Exclusives Revealed (833113)
Posted by Shadowstream on November 12th, 2008 @ 10:13pm CST
never did like the coneheads... but I do want the original Decepticon seeker fleet so I'll see if I can't get my hands on these too.

Buy "Transformers B1798AS0 Warpath Figure Combiner Wars" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Chaos on Velocitron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #273 - Our Way to Oblivion
"Our Way to Oblivion"
Posted: Tuesday, April 6th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Chromia Comic New MIB NIB MOC 2014" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers - Bumblebee Cyberverse Adventures Megatron & Grimlock - NIB!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cybertron Voyager Vector Prime 2005 and Cybertron Buzzsaw" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers Takara Legends LG36 Soundwave" on EBAY
Buy "SCOURGE! Transformers Titans Return! Deluxe Class, Brand New!" on EBAY
Buy "Botcon 2013 TRANSFORMERS Machine Wars G1 Rainmakers Hotlink Single Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Titans Return Titan Master Skytread New Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "ThreeZero Studio ThreeA 3A Transformers Bumblebee Movie  DLX Diecast BLITZWING" on EBAY