Henkei Thrust Comparison Images And More

Henkei Thrust Comparison Images And More

Sunday, April 5th, 2009 6:54am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Collectables
Posted by: Tigertrack   Views: 28,586

Snakasblog- Snakas updates his blog with a couple of items.

The first is a set of comparison images of the exclusive Henkei and Botcon Thrusts, with the wing engines set on the larger wings of the Henkei version instead of on the smaller wings as we had seen previously.

Henkei Thrust Comparison Images And More

Henkei Thrust Comparison Images And More

The second is a listing for the Japanese book, Transformers Generation Volume 2. Due out May 16th. There is no real details available for this yet. The first volume included a coupon to redeem to get the Electro-Disruptor Ligier (Clear Mirage Exclusive), as well as, a boatload of great photos and information about Japanese Transformers. Volume 2 is expected to continue this.

Amazon Japan Listing

You can view Snakas' blog translated here. Thanks to Stormrider for the information.

Credit(s): Stormrider, Snakas' Blog

Re: Henkei Thrust Comparison Images And More (906784)
Posted by Samsonator on April 5th, 2009 @ 7:14am CDT
Maybe just me... but I like the look of the botcon one a lot more.
Re: Henkei Thrust Comparison Images And More (906785)
Posted by Constantine on April 5th, 2009 @ 7:16am CDT
Great improvement on the Henkei version, but I still like my Botcon version better. The darker red on the Henkei version is closer to G1 and makes it more sinister.
Re: Henkei Thrust Comparison Images And More (906790)
Posted by JaZzTaStIc on April 5th, 2009 @ 7:30am CDT
They look pretty much the same actually, I thought the henkei wings ended up more round the waist area, I prefer my botcon version but its really kool for people to finally have a chance to pick thrust up :D

I do like the white “lightning” on the wings though, nice update

eventho i didn't buy either him or dirge, i do hope for the people who did they don't have the looseness like many of the TC's & SW's did
Re: Henkei Thrust Comparison Images And More (906797)
Posted by HighPrime on April 5th, 2009 @ 8:20am CDT
http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... ol2/15174/

You can see Mirage in the foreground (despite the flash), So looks legitimate.

Anyway, prefer the Botcon Thrust, but the Henkei version is nothing to be ashamed of. It corrects the wings issue. I thought they were too short on the botcon version. I also thought Thrust (but not dirge) should have come with the same launchers as Starscream, Skywarp, Thundercracker, etc. to better match the original. Henkei version fixes this, also. So, I would not be disappointed with the Henkei version one bit. In fact, I'm picking it up, also :-)
Re: Henkei Thrust Comparison Images And More (906800)
Posted by glazer on April 5th, 2009 @ 8:22am CDT
""In my opinion!"",,,,,,,,,,henkei is smokin that botcon--!! :APPLAUSE:
Re: Henkei Thrust Comparison Images And More (906809)
Posted by Diem on April 5th, 2009 @ 8:55am CDT
HighPrime wrote:Isn't volume 2 supposed to be (Crystal) Ghost Starscream? A scan was posted here a while ago:
http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... ol2/15174/

You can see Mirage in the foreground (despite the flash), So looks legitimate.

Yes, it is Starscream's Ghost, yes, it is legitimate. Apparently this Generations book will have a focus on Megatron(s).

Hmmm, I wonder how well the Seeker mold is holding up. Ghost might be enough to finish it off.
Re: Henkei Thrust Comparison Images And More (906821)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on April 5th, 2009 @ 9:15am CDT
Love the wings, but not the colors. 'Nuff said :P
Re: Henkei Thrust Comparison Images And More (906830)
Posted by ChrisR291 on April 5th, 2009 @ 10:36am CDT
WOW, Hasbro's Version looks better. Way to go!!!
Re: Henkei Thrust Comparison Images And More (906837)
Posted by Lapse Of Reason on April 5th, 2009 @ 11:28am CDT
I'm happy with my Botcon Thrust (sentimentally and with it's appearance) over the Henkei.
Re: Henkei Thrust Comparison Images And More (906845)
Posted by Mkall on April 5th, 2009 @ 11:54am CDT
I have Botcon Thrust too, and I must say that he fits the character better.

I'm getting this guy too, and will probably make a different character for him.
Re: Henkei Thrust Comparison Images And More (906854)
Posted by Counterpunch on April 5th, 2009 @ 12:37pm CDT
BotCon up.

The Henkei version looks awkward...
Re: Henkei Thrust Comparison Images And More (906856)
Posted by Zeds on April 5th, 2009 @ 12:51pm CDT
Henkei for me. I am a sucker for chrome. Mmmmmmmmmm.....chrome.
Re: Henkei Thrust Comparison Images And More (906872)
Posted by Deszaras on April 5th, 2009 @ 1:10pm CDT
Why always the japanese versions make look like crap the american ones?. Then I have to pay more for the same figure.
Re: Henkei Thrust Comparison Images And More (906922)
Posted by shankz on April 5th, 2009 @ 4:03pm CDT
Zeds wrote:Henkei for me. I am a sucker for chrome. Mmmmmmmmmm.....chrome.

Same here. I'm a sucker for the normal sized wings. The comparison pic makes those baby wings look funny on the botcon version.
Re: Henkei Thrust Comparison Images And More (906934)
Posted by Koloth on April 5th, 2009 @ 4:39pm CDT
Nice to see the Botcon owners aren't complaining about Henkie stealing their precious exclusive anymore. I knew it would be different enough that no one would mistake them. You get to keep your exclusive and those that don't mind paying $80 for the henkie version can get that.

On the other hand given the price tag this isn't much of a deal really. Ultimately the importers are paying almost as much for this guy as the Botcon figures cost to buy. Just saving on the secondary market prices.
Re: Henkei Thrust Comparison Images And More (906942)
Posted by Zeds on April 5th, 2009 @ 5:09pm CDT
shankz wrote:I'm a sucker for the normal sized wings. The comparison pic makes those baby wings look funny on the botcon version.

My thoughts as well. Botcon version looks very strange IMHO.
Re: Henkei Thrust Comparison Images And More (906945)
Posted by Cryo Prime on April 5th, 2009 @ 5:20pm CDT
as much as i like the botcon version for financial reasons i think i might have to settle on the henkei, but i will add that with the wings done right i do like it a lot more
Re: Henkei Thrust Comparison Images And More (906979)
Posted by Counterpunch on April 5th, 2009 @ 6:53pm CDT
Koloth wrote:Nice to see the Botcon owners aren't complaining about Henkie stealing their precious exclusive anymore.

Don't start.
Re: Henkei Thrust Comparison Images And More (906988)
Posted by dabattousai on April 5th, 2009 @ 7:22pm CDT
Since Botcon was miles away from me when these came out, I am going to have to settle with these version because I'm not paying a pretty penny for the Botcon ones. They aren't bad, but I don't like the stripes on their wings. They make Ramjet look like a misfit with the pair.
Re: Henkei Thrust Comparison Images And More (907019)
Posted by Koloth on April 5th, 2009 @ 8:58pm CDT
Counterpunch wrote:Don't start.

Sorry, didn't mean to ruffle any feathers. Just saying it was nice to see the thread hadn't gone down that rather inevitable path yet.

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Evolution 3-Pack (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Crashbash" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Powerglide Legends Figure Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars MOTORMASTER Bio Card" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers TITANS RETURN G1 IDW Windcharger Gnaw Action Figure No Box" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Lot Onslaught Moonracer Rook Swindle" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Bluestreak, 100% Complete, MIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Fall Of Cybertron Optimus Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Sunstreaker (Optimus Maximus) MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "TransFormers Generations Series Megatron & Optimus Prime" on EBAY