HFTD Scout Dune Runner Repaint Revealed

HFTD Scout Dune Runner Repaint Revealed

Monday, August 9th, 2010 6:19am CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 64,241

If you thought Crankstart was going to be the last you saw of the Scout Dune Runner figure, it looks like you'll be wrong on that one. In the seemingly endless cycle of repaints, Dune Runner is redeco'd in what we'll describe as Urban Camo. Energon Pub member and Transformers insider KOToys was able to get a hold of this mysterious figure. Not revealed at BotCon, SDCC, CybCon or even among the many possible name lists from Wal*Mart Computers, this Autobot remains anonymous for now. Check him out below!

You'll find more images over at KOToys.

Keep it at Seibertron.com for the fastest Transformers news on the net!

Credit(s): KOToys

This article was last modified on Monday, August 9th, 2010 6:20am CDT

Re: HFTD Scout Dune Runner Repaint Revealed (1110756)
Posted by Bass X0 on August 9th, 2010 @ 7:15am CDT
This is the fourth use of the mold now? I'll be passing. I only want one of this mold; if I didn't have any previous release of this mold and got this one, I'd be happy with it but given the choice of whats available, I'd have gone with Beachcomber first and Crankstart second. The one I do have, Dune Runner would be in last place out of the four. Well, hopefully this will be the last release of the Dune Runner mold. I would have liked to have seen Sandstorm or Ruckus from it but it doesn't matter. Four releases is enough.
Re: HFTD Scout Dune Runner Repaint Revealed (1110763)
Posted by --B-- on August 9th, 2010 @ 7:31am CDT
YAWN.

Meh.

Blech.

Pass.
Re: HFTD Scout Dune Runner Repaint Revealed (1110765)
Posted by Counterpunch on August 9th, 2010 @ 7:47am CDT
Even I have my limits.

There just doesn't seem to be a lot of point in some these now a days.
Re: HFTD Scout Dune Runner Repaint Revealed (1110776)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on August 9th, 2010 @ 8:11am CDT
I was actually hoping for a new Autobot repaint of Dune Runner, as I have Beachcomber for the G1 section, Crankstart for the regular line, have no interest in the original Dune Runner with the Sector 7 logo and I'm a sucker for molds used for both Autobots and Decepticons.

I actually like the colors on him, so I'll be getting once I see him.
Re: HFTD Scout Dune Runner Repaint Revealed (1110788)
Posted by Stixx on August 9th, 2010 @ 8:30am CDT
I am Getting a very Flak vibe from him.

Stixx
Re: HFTD Scout Dune Runner Repaint Revealed (1110812)
Posted by DMSL on August 9th, 2010 @ 9:38am CDT
Enough repaints of this bot already!

:BOOM:
Re: HFTD Scout Dune Runner Repaint Revealed (1110831)
Posted by Galvatron X on August 9th, 2010 @ 10:34am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:I actually like the colors on him, so I'll be getting once I see him.

Yeah, I like this mold and these colors too, so I'll probably buy him.

They're definitely getting their use out of this mold aren't they?
Re: HFTD Scout Dune Runner Repaint Revealed (1110840)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on August 9th, 2010 @ 11:03am CDT
Energon Is My Drug wrote:

Yeah, I like this mold and these colors too, so I'll probably buy him.

They're definitely getting their use out of this mold aren't they?

You bet, and some others too. Only Scalpel and Ejector have yet to get a repaint.
Re: HFTD Scout Dune Runner Repaint Revealed (1110850)
Posted by TFIta369 on August 9th, 2010 @ 11:21am CDT
Possibly from the mysterious instructions?
Re: HFTD Scout Dune Runner Repaint Revealed (1110852)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on August 9th, 2010 @ 11:24am CDT
tfita369 wrote:Possibly from the mysterious instructions?

Nope, the instructions showed repaints of Rollbar, Divebomb, Depthcharge and Cybertron Shortround.
Re: HFTD Scout Dune Runner Repaint Revealed (1110892)
Posted by kirbenvost on August 9th, 2010 @ 12:37pm CDT
Man, they are repaint-crazy. Couldn't they at least wait a year? I guess they have to get them out of the way before TF3 comes out. Anyway, obvious pass for me.
Re: HFTD Scout Dune Runner Repaint Revealed (1111088)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on August 9th, 2010 @ 9:04pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Energon Is My Drug wrote:

Yeah, I like this mold and these colors too, so I'll probably buy him.

They're definitely getting their use out of this mold aren't they?

And you just jnxed it haha

Easy pass for me on this guy. I hate the brown plastic.
Re: HFTD Scout Dune Runner Repaint Revealed (1111099)
Posted by Skyfire77 on August 9th, 2010 @ 9:19pm CDT
--B-- wrote:YAWN.

Meh.

Blech.

Pass.

This.

The only reason I got Crankstart was I had to get the set from BBTS; two examples of this mold are enough.
Re: HFTD Scout Dune Runner Repaint Revealed (1111288)
Posted by autobot-jolt on August 10th, 2010 @ 8:48am CDT
Re: HFTD Scout Dune Runner Repaint Revealed (1111296)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on August 10th, 2010 @ 9:07am CDT
autobot-jolt wrote:I have Beachcomber and yet to get Crankstart. This guy looks cool enough to belong in a comic, but not a toy. And for what it's worth, I'll bet he's Sandstorm (or some other G1 guy I've never heard of; someone check TF Wiki for me)

No and no. He's not Sandstorm (he's getting a Legends release as a repaint of Universe Berachcomber), nor is he a G1 Homage.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Siege on Cybertron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Trypticon Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Strafe" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

Buy "Speedster Boulder Flip Racers Transformers Rescue Bots Playskool Heroes" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Stealth Force Bumblebee" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Playskool Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Salvage" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Transformers Rescue Bots  Brushfire and Salvage Recycling" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Lot Movie Jazz Ratchet Hot Shot Bumblebee Barricade" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Cyberverse Ultra Magnus Used Commander Class-Series 2" on EBAY
Buy "IRONHIDE - Transformers Optimus Prime Cyberverse  - Commander Class" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers -  Siege (War for Cybertron) - Battle Masters - Blowpipe - Sealed" on EBAY