High Moon Comments On Why No PC Version of Transformers: Fall of Cybertron

High Moon Comments On Why No PC Version of Transformers: Fall of Cybertron

Thursday, February 16th, 2012 8:38am CST

Category: Game News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 31,265

This Fall's highly anticipated Transformers: Fall of Cybertron will not be coming to the PC. High Moon's game director Matt Tieger recently spoke to gaming website Kotaku regarding why:

"Focus is one. I know that it's not a huge leap to do a PC SKU, but it is different. It's outside of our area of expertise, to be honest."

"I think there are a few things that are inherent in what PC consumers are looking for that frankly we didn't deliver good on."

"We were spread so thin that I feel like we barely served that audience. Then there were some issues with continued support that were frankly beyond our control, but at the same time did not create a great experience for PC gamers that got it."

The full article can be read by clicking here. Transformers: Fall of Cybertron will be available this Fall on Xbox 360 and PS3.

Credit(s): Kotaku

This article was last modified on Thursday, February 16th, 2012 12:04pm CST

Re: High Moon Comments On Why No PC Version of Transformers: Fall of Cybertron (1348009)
Posted by Erailea on February 16th, 2012 @ 9:05am CST
Figured as much. Oh well, I've been meaning to buy a PS3 anyway. Glad I started saving from November. Lol. I have several more months before the game comes out to get it all together.

But I dunno about technical issues, if they were referring to WFC. Ran pretty smoothly on my computer... my laptop hated it, but that's hardly surprising considering it's not meant for gaming. My PC was bought to run the likes of Autodesk Maya so it was pretty smooth there.
Re: High Moon Comments On Why No PC Version of Transformers: Fall of Cybertron (1348010)
Posted by Maquese on February 16th, 2012 @ 9:11am CST
Not all that surprised, but a little disappointed. Running WFC at native 1080p at 60fps (with a hack) was a nice step up from the consoles. Oh well. Maybe it'll do really well and they'll decide to release a PC version in a year ;)
Re: High Moon Comments On Why No PC Version of Transformers: Fall of Cybertron (1348011)
Posted by Flakmaster on February 16th, 2012 @ 9:12am CST
What does he mean 'didn't deliver good on'?

Is this just a lame excuse not to port it to the PC, or is Hasbro and its associates just trying to anger its older-aged fan communities even more?

This sucks. I may have bought FOC for PC, but I'm exclusively PC, so consoles are out of the question. I'm not paying money to buy a console with out-of-whack controls and more expensive games. I'd rather spend that on TF figures themselves. (Or possibly third party figures, if TFs get any worse)

Re: High Moon Comments On Why No PC Version of Transformers: Fall of Cybertron (1348036)
Posted by acchillyaout on February 16th, 2012 @ 9:51am CST
Here's to hoping they release the FoC game for NINTENDO. After making so many Transformer figure purchases, I do not have money left over for a new PS3.

C'mon FoC, light my darkest hour!
Re: High Moon Comments On Why No PC Version of Transformers: Fall of Cybertron (1348065)
Posted by Ravage XK on February 16th, 2012 @ 10:38am CST
Flakmaster wrote:What does he mean 'didn't deliver good on'?

He meant "didnt deliver well on" ;)
Re: High Moon Comments On Why No PC Version of Transformers: Fall of Cybertron (1348068)
Posted by DarkStar on February 16th, 2012 @ 10:44am CST
What!! what the hell!! NOOOOOOOOO!!

Damn I have to buy Xbox as soon as this game is out.
Re: High Moon Comments On Why No PC Version of Transformers: Fall of Cybertron (1348070)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 16th, 2012 @ 10:45am CST
Re: High Moon Comments On Why No PC Version of Transformers: Fall of Cybertron (1348074)
Posted by Powermaster Jazz on February 16th, 2012 @ 10:52am CST
The PC version for WFC sucked monkey nuts. I bought the console version and never looked back.
Re: High Moon Comments On Why No PC Version of Transformers: Fall of Cybertron (1348078)
Posted by Slayershoop on February 16th, 2012 @ 11:00am CST
While slightly disappointed, I am not at all surprised. PC gamers got the shaft with WFC, no patches, no fixes, no DLC, no support and piss poor customer service. Never once were any of the many problems fixed. Any questions as to where the support was on PC on their Facebook page were deleted. Unacceptable in my opinion, even if I had not known that it was not coming to PC, I would've had a hard time convincing myself to go through this again. That being said, their excuses are poor for not releasing it on PC, and I don't believe it for a minute. PC ports are not hard to make, besides, games usually originate (originally or partially designed on) the PC. No, IMO, it just comes down to laziness or something equally as bad.
Re: High Moon Comments On Why No PC Version of Transformers: Fall of Cybertron (1348080)
Posted by MarkNL on February 16th, 2012 @ 11:05am CST
The console version was great. Don't know anything about the PC version, but I've heard there's almost no one playing it online anymore. Luckily there are still guys playing multiplayer WFC on the PS3. It's far better than CoD 8)
Definitely gonna pre-order FoC! :BOWDOWN:
Re: High Moon Comments On Why No PC Version of Transformers: Fall of Cybertron (1348083)
Posted by DrLegend on February 16th, 2012 @ 11:12am CST
I'm primarily a PC gamer but I bought WFC on PS3 and had no shame in doing so. There are many genres that PCs dominate over consoles (FPS, RTS, MMO) but sadly, 3rd person is not one of them. I don't think Uncharted or God of War would be as fun on PC as it is console. Granted, I could always plug in a controller into my PC but then I'm missing out on the tight percision and control only a mouse and keyboard can offer.
Re: High Moon Comments On Why No PC Version of Transformers: Fall of Cybertron (1348084)
Posted by Botch the Crab on February 16th, 2012 @ 11:13am CST
DAMMIT.

I do not own a console because I'm not a gamer. I played the previous game on my laptop with no complaints (either from the laptop or myself). I will *not* buy an XBOX or a PS3 just to play one damn game.
Re: High Moon Comments On Why No PC Version of Transformers: Fall of Cybertron (1348087)
Posted by Cliff Jumper on February 16th, 2012 @ 11:24am CST
This sucks!!!! I rather prefer PC games to console games. The DLC I can do without. I just want the game. Letter writing time!
Re: High Moon Comments On Why No PC Version of Transformers: Fall of Cybertron (1348089)
Posted by r3devi7 on February 16th, 2012 @ 11:25am CST
Lame. I have WfC on Ps3 and PC, and there only seems to be people on the PC one anymore. Console games come and go, and I have a feeling FoC will be lost among them.
Re: High Moon Comments On Why No PC Version of Transformers: Fall of Cybertron (1348090)
Posted by FullMetalGeth on February 16th, 2012 @ 11:29am CST
Flakmaster wrote:This sucks. I may have bought FOC for PC, but I'm exclusively PC, so consoles are out of the question. I'm not paying money to buy a console with out-of-whack controls and more expensive games. I'd rather spend that on TF figures themselves.

Same here

Flakmaster wrote:I mean, making a good game that's PC compatible isn't impossible. Look at Half-Life 2.

Good point
Re: High Moon Comments On Why No PC Version of Transformers: Fall of Cybertron (1348095)
Posted by Cliff Jumper on February 16th, 2012 @ 11:41am CST
Just sent this to them. To Prime theme, gets me inspired :)

I just read that you are not planning to release Transformers: Fall of Cybertron for the PC. I am very disappointed about this!! I purchased via preorder 2 copies of War for Cybertron for PC, and am still playing the campaigns and multiplayer. The game runs fantastic and I think its the best Transformers game ever made. As a PC gamer I missed out on the DLC, and I did not care at all, because it was such a fantastic game.

I would seriously reconsider your recent and poor decision. PC gamers make up a large portion of the gaming market, and not providing them with a copy of Fall of Cybertron is a poor financial decision. I do not and will not have the money to buy a new console for this game, and I would hate to miss out on what is going to be a fantastic game. Please reconsider this decision! Even if the PC version must come out later than the console releases that is fine. I patiently waited for the Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions game for PC, and I love it!!.

Again please reconsider. This is one customer you will lose if you do not.

Sincerely,

Disgruntled PC Gamer
Re: High Moon Comments On Why No PC Version of Transformers: Fall of Cybertron (1348100)
Posted by El Duque on February 16th, 2012 @ 11:51am CST
Sabrblade wrote:Heard about this from way back during Game Informer's month-long coverage of the game. Very old news.

Perhaps, but I believe this is the first time they've really commented on why it's not coming to PC. As you can see from the responses this is news to many.
Re: High Moon Comments On Why No PC Version of Transformers: Fall of Cybertron (1348124)
Posted by xyl360 on February 16th, 2012 @ 12:37pm CST
This is something I've learned to live with. MS and others who pretty much control the PC industry have been pushing PC's toward smaller, less powerful platforms and pushing gaming to the consoles.

Over time more and more titles will be going the same way as FoC. It's simply much easier to design and support a game that runs on specific hardware that doesn't change (that's what consoles are, computers without upgrades and specific hardware). PC's can vary with different CPU's, GPU's, HDD's, operating systems, drivers and the speed and capabilities of different hardware is all over the place.

I like PC's for gaming because I have some control over my experience. If I want the game to run better, I can upgrade my hardware. If I don't like the way a game runs or looks on my console, I'm SOL.

For a shooter, you just can't beat a keyboard and mouse (there's a reason MS doesn't allow PC players to play online against other gamers on XBox Live for games like Halo ;)).
Re: High Moon Comments On Why No PC Version of Transformers: Fall of Cybertron (1348126)
Posted by CrimsonPrime on February 16th, 2012 @ 12:41pm CST
Lame...Looks like I might have to convince my bro to buy it and let me play on his PS3. Other than that no dice.
Re: High Moon Comments On Why No PC Version of Transformers: Fall of Cybertron (1348130)
Posted by Autobot032 on February 16th, 2012 @ 12:47pm CST
NOTE: When I say elitist and simpleton, I'm not trying to label anyone, I'm stating how I feel we're being treated. Both PC and console gamers alike.

High Moon's Bitch Puppet Person, Debbie Downer wrote:Focus is one. I know that it's not a huge leap to do a PC SKU, but it is different. It's outside of our area of expertise, to be honest.

Translation:

"We don't actually care about PCs. They're for elitists, while consoles are for everyone. Consoles equal more money for us. Plus, we don't know how to use PCs."

So...let me get this straight... In the same breath he says they don't notice or pay attention to PCs, basically. Then...he says it's outside their capabilities, yet they've made ports to PC.

Gotta love the nonsensical double speak. Not even good at it.

High Moon's Bitch Puppet Person, Debbie Downer wrote:I think there are a few things that are inherent in what PC consumers are looking for that frankly we didn't deliver good on.

Translation:

"We actually did make a game for the PC, but those elitist bastards expected after the sales service, care, and respect! HOW DARE THEY! That takes time from us making profits off of screwing the simplistic console gamers."

High Moon's Bitch Puppet Person, Debbie Downer wrote:We were spread so thin that I feel like we barely served that audience. Then there were some issues with continued support that were frankly beyond our control, but at the same time did not create a great experience for PC gamers that got it.

Translation:

"We barely served that audience. They should like it and shut up. Continued support was NOT beyond our control, we just didn't give a damn. We made our money. We could've created a great PC experience, we just didn't want to. Yes, that remains true even knowing the fact that there were PC fans who wanted to give us their money. Look, we're trying to work and make money on the path of least resistance. I mean, seriously...you want us to actually work for a living and deliver a quality product?"

Ohh.... No, no, of course not. We don't wanna put you out after the majority of us spent $40.00 a pop to the tune of MILLIONS of dollars. No, we can't have you do that.

Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Overboard Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Chaos on Velocitron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #271 - Meh-pisode
"Meh-pisode"
Posted: Friday, March 5th, 2021

Buy "Playskool Transformers Rescue Bots DANI BURNS & (2) BLADES FLIGHT BOTS Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cliffjumper 2019 Figure Deluxe Class Earthrise War Cybertron Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Bumblebee Rescue Guard 10-Inch" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robot Academy Medix the Doc-Bot Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "VINTAGE 1984 TRANSFORMERS G1, Devastator , SCAVENGER + SCRAPPER, Takara, Japan" on EBAY
Buy "WFC-S37 BRUNT Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Deluxe Hasbro 2019 MIB Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers - TRU Exclusive Masterpiece - MP-01 Acid Storm (MISB)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Rescan - Bumblebee (Rescue Jet) - Hasbro" on EBAY