High Quality Chinese NIKE (Unofficial) Transformers Convoy And Megatron

High Quality Chinese NIKE (Unofficial) Transformers Convoy And Megatron

Wednesday, September 12th, 2007 1:43pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Collectables, Auctions, Knock Offs
Posted by: Tigertrack   Views: 58,553

First Gen gives us a breakdown and pictures of the higher quality NIKe Transformers KOs he bought from eBay--but we here at Seibertron offer a warning too--:

"...I gave the guy and offer of 35 USD for Megs and Prime, did I make a good deal? They are ko's but look at the pics below."

"Listing reads that megs box says convoy on it with no NIKE symbols or faction symbols. What do you guys and gals think, be brutally honest so that if I made a mistake I don't do it again?"

Scaleface also reports more eBay auctions for similar realistic looking KO items.

What does this mean? Well, Transformers fans can now buy these on a sensitive budget, and not break the bank, if they don't mind the Chinese versions.

Checking the pictures, they look very similar to the originals, so BUYER beware, don't get stuck paying the vintage price for the chinese KO versions. Be careful when purchasing these!

Of course, if you are purchasing one of the wonderful multi-colored ones from previous auctions, you already know that you have a KO product. Now it's just gotten a bit harder to tell with some of them.

Credit(s): First Gen, Scaleface

This article was last modified on Friday, November 23rd, 2007 12:37am CST

Re: High Quality Chinese NIKE (Unofficial) Transformers Convoy And Megatron (339601)
Posted by mattyc1007 on September 12th, 2007 @ 2:06pm CDT
$35 dolers for a shoe!
Re: High Quality Chinese NIKE (Unofficial) Transformers Convoy And Megatron (339646)
Posted by zatara1701 on September 12th, 2007 @ 2:31pm CDT
Hope they dont have lead paint :grin:

As far as the Nike TF thing....they are cool as a novelty, but I equate them up to the Rock Lords. Transformers derive their coolnes as being two playable toys in one.

*Robots = fun

*Plane and/or car = fun

*Rock = Hmmmmmmm, well a rock. Good for throwing at people, other toys, and/or robots :D

* Shoe = ummmmm, well, it's a shoe. Shoes can...let me think here...still thinking....Oh yeah, they can be a shoe. You can plug "shoe" into my rock equation up there, but it just seems a tad to girly for me.

Any thoughts?
Re: High Quality Chinese NIKE (Unofficial) Transformers Convoy And Megatron (339651)
Posted by Dead Metal on September 12th, 2007 @ 2:34pm CDT
Crap, but them are shure the best KOs I've ever seen!

They are woth it if you like em!
As long as you think they're cool and good they are worth it!
Re: High Quality Chinese NIKE (Unofficial) Transformers Convoy And Megatron (339663)
Posted by First Gen on September 12th, 2007 @ 2:40pm CDT
Well the Free's are going for about 75 USD each. I compared picks and they look pretty dead on, not like those other KO's that were different colors and both had Primes head.

I thought they'd be cool to have, as a novelty. I could always get some reprolabels to hook em up if I wanted.
Re: High Quality Chinese NIKE (Unofficial) Transformers Convoy And Megatron (339694)
Posted by froggydogg69 on September 12th, 2007 @ 2:56pm CDT
Wow, I never realized how expensive these ShoeFormers were. I'd say you got a pretty good deal, good looking KO.
Re: High Quality Chinese NIKE (Unofficial) Transformers Convoy And Megatron (339708)
Posted by First Gen on September 12th, 2007 @ 3:02pm CDT
If anyone is interested, I can hook you up with the seller, he has 4 sets left.
Re: High Quality Chinese NIKE (Unofficial) Transformers Convoy And Megatron (339735)
Posted by Autobot032 on September 12th, 2007 @ 3:14pm CDT
Not a bad price, considering.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the idea of a transforming shoe. O_o
Re: High Quality Chinese NIKE (Unofficial) Transformers Convoy And Megatron (339745)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on September 12th, 2007 @ 3:18pm CDT
35 for the both of them is a good price. If i had money id get them for that price.
Re: High Quality Chinese NIKE (Unofficial) Transformers Convoy And Megatron (339763)
Posted by Scaleface on September 12th, 2007 @ 3:31pm CDT

http://cgi.ebay.com/Nike-Transformer-Sh ... dZViewItem
Re: High Quality Chinese NIKE (Unofficial) Transformers Convoy And Megatron (339788)
Posted by First Gen on September 12th, 2007 @ 3:46pm CDT
Scaleface wrote:Here is another auction. It's just Megatron, but the buy-it now with shipping comes to $33.49. Ships out of Hong Kong and seems to be missing the Decepticon logo. My guess is a Knockoff, or perhaps "Kickoff" would be the correct term?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Nike-Transformer-Sh ... dZViewItem

Yeah, thats a KO, looks to be the same as the one Im getting, but I got both Prime and Megs for 40 shipped here in the US.
Re: High Quality Chinese NIKE (Unofficial) Transformers Convoy And Megatron (339813)
Posted by Anonymous on September 12th, 2007 @ 3:58pm CDT
Funny how I paid less than actual retail price for my Prime and Meg Nike test shots... I knew they would be rare, but not that rare...
Re: High Quality Chinese NIKE (Unofficial) Transformers Convoy And Megatron (339839)
Posted by Deceptiwho? on September 12th, 2007 @ 4:13pm CDT
I think its a cool gimmick for what its worth , and furthermore if you are a fan of the sportslabel but dont want to break yourself collectin this is for you!!
Re: High Quality Chinese NIKE (Unofficial) Transformers Convoy And Megatron (339927)
Posted by First Gen on September 12th, 2007 @ 4:54pm CDT
Thanks for the input Seibertronians. When I saw the auction, I had to go for it, I've been wanting the Free's since they came out but didn't want to pay the price.

When I get them, I'll give a full review with pics. Maybe even hook up with Ryan to give them the old Seiberton.com gallery treatement if possible.
Re: High Quality Chinese NIKE (Unofficial) Transformers Convoy And Megatron (340039)
Posted by i_amtrunks on September 12th, 2007 @ 6:00pm CDT
Thats not a bad price for two very nice looking KO's.

But it wont be long before these have flooded ebay and are all listed and priced as the real deal, with pics chosen so you can't 100% sure if they are either the real deal or KO's.
Re: High Quality Chinese NIKE (Unofficial) Transformers Convoy And Megatron (340061)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on September 12th, 2007 @ 6:15pm CDT
For the price, I'd do it!
Re: High Quality Chinese NIKE (Unofficial) Transformers Convoy And Megatron (340381)
Posted by barricade2218 on September 12th, 2007 @ 8:31pm CDT
Just got the real deal from bbts for 29.99-had it preordered. That price for the knock-offs is definately worth it if the quality isn't half bad.
Re: High Quality Chinese NIKE (Unofficial) Transformers Convoy And Megatron (340398)
Posted by First Gen on September 12th, 2007 @ 8:42pm CDT
Re: High Quality Chinese NIKE (Unofficial) Transformers Convoy And Megatron (340485)
Posted by i_amtrunks on September 12th, 2007 @ 9:27pm CDT
First Gen wrote:Okay, I will definately do the review with pic gallery to help determine the KO's from the real deal.

It will be much appreciated.
Re: High Quality Chinese NIKE (Unofficial) Transformers Convoy And Megatron (340606)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on September 12th, 2007 @ 10:30pm CDT
If anyone here is getting the Convoy KO drop me a PM because I might have an offer for you.
Re: High Quality Chinese NIKE (Unofficial) Transformers Convoy And Megatron (340967)
Posted by Auto Bot on September 13th, 2007 @ 5:29am CDT
So what's the verdict here? Good buy or not?

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Voyager Class Roadbuster Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Darkmoon and Astrotrain" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #280 - A Roar That Grasps Victory
"A Roar That Grasps Victory"
Posted: Friday, July 16th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations Sky Lynx Opened WFC Earthrise WFC-E24 Commander" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Decepticon Scrapface New Takara Tomy Damage Pkg" on EBAY
Buy "IDW: ROM VS. TRANSFORMERS: SHINING ARMOR #3: NM CONDITION: COVER C" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 39 Deluxe Class "Cogman", Great Condition" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War Cybertron Deluxe Fan Vote 3 Pack Amazon Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS MOVIE 2007 DELUXE CLASS WRECKAGE INCOMPLETE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers WFC SIEGE Ultra Magnus loose, complete with bonus leg extensions" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers WFC SIEGE Chromia loose, complete " on EBAY